Why Easter Is Important

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of the two-- pardon vs. acquittal --I prefer acquittal because
pardons leave traces on the books, whereas acquittal leaves no traces.

For example; files are to be opened at the scene depicted by Rev 20:11-15.
I've no doubt that quite a few of the "works" in those files are pardoned
works; yet there they are to be reckoned with because the offender, though
pardoned, wasn't acquitted-- roughly defined as an adjudication of
innocence due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to
life for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" roughly pertains to a verdict of
innocence which, in my estimation, is a whole lot better than a pardon.

* Note that Jesus' crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to gain folks an
acquittal, viz: had his crucified dead body not been restored to life, we'd all
remain in very grave danger of facing justice at the great white throne
event.

1Cor 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and
you are still under condemnation for your sins.
_

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's followers are counted as joint participants in his crucifixion. (Rom
6:3, Rom 6:6, Gal 2:20)

They are also counted as joint participants in his resurrection. (Rom 6:4-5)

So then, seeing as Christ will never again be put to death for sin, and from
now on be permanently immortal (Rom 6:9-10) then the same is true for his
joint participants, i.e. never again will they be in danger of the wages of sin,
and should make an effort to accept that they have immortality in the bag.
(Rom 6:11)
_

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FAQ: So; how would an interested party go about obtaining this acquittal
about which you speak?

REPLY: It's available upon request.

Find a quiet place, anywhere will do. Cover you face with your hands for a
sense of privacy and tell God you have never yet measured up to His
standards and you're pretty sure you never will. Tell Him you would like to
take advantage of His son's death and resurrection; and thank Him for His
time.

Buen Camino

(Pleasant Journey)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Webers_Home said,
"For example; files are to be opened at the scene depicted by Rev 20:11-15.
pardoned, wasn't acquitted-- roughly defined as an adjudication of innocence due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict."

I don't believe the true God YHWH is like a imperfect human judge. I can understand a imperfect human judge, judging someone innocent due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict. However I wouldn't ever believe God to have to judge someone innocent simply due to lack of evidence. The true God knows everything about you, nothing is hidden from him. So I don't believe those files to be opened in Revelation 20:11-15 to be works that were pardoned simply because God didn't have all the evidence he needed to judge you innocent or not. If God judges us worthy of eternal life because we truly exercised the faith in him that he has always asked, then God has all the evidence to judge that we did exercise that kind of faith or not. Exercising that kind of faith in him is what God has always required of us, and those who truly love him so much that they exercise that kind of faith in him, he has all the evidence to judge whether or not we truly loved him enough to exercise that kind of faith in him. The true God YHWH will never scratch his head and say, well I don't know if you truly loved me enough that you exercised the kind of faith that I have always required of my creation.

Last edited:

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First Corinthians 5:7. Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be new lump, as Ye are unleavened, for even christ our Passover is sacrificed for us. 5:8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. ABAQ in Hebrew means = grapple. We must come to the fork in the road. And decide what direction to take. Those with unleavened bread have discernment, and find the narrow gate. Those who with leaven bread go through wide gate. ABEDAH in Hebrew means = lost, hades. Which gate is Hades?. MATSTSAH Hebrew means = Passover, unleavened bread. Duertonmomy 16:1. Observe the month of abhib, and keep the Passover unto the Lord thy God: 16:3. Thou shalt eat no leaven bread with it. Luke 22:1. Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called passover. Jesus and apostles kept the paasover. Shortly later, Jesus was handed over to the sanhedrin. Crucified the next day. Is this sinking in. Matthew 26:18. And He said, Ho into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The master says, My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at thy house with my disciples. Easter is pagan holiday. I documented this. What are Christian people supposed to do in April. Is Passover connected to the crucifixion. 26 :26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples and said, Take , eat; this is My body. 26:27. And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it. ESHEL in Hebrew means = grove, tree. No Easter here. ABDUWTH in Greek means = Bondage. Leaven bread is the wide gate. OPE in Greek means = spring water. This is unleavened bread, truth, stability. AKRATOS in Greek means = undiluted, without mixture. Polluted water mixed with fresh water will contaminate it. Get the picture. Narrow gate or wide gate ?. I told the truth.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of the two-- pardon vs. acquittal --I prefer acquittal because
pardons leave traces on the books, whereas acquittal leaves no traces.

For example; files are to be opened at the scene depicted by Rev 20:11-15.
pardoned, wasn't acquitted-- roughly defined as an adjudication of
innocence due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to
life for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" roughly pertains to a verdict of
innocence which, in my estimation, is a whole lot better than a pardon.

* Note that Jesus' crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to gain folks an
acquittal, viz: had his crucified dead body not been restored to life, we'd all
remain in very grave danger of facing justice at the great white throne
event.

1Cor 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and
you are still under condemnation for your sins.
_
What I understand when it comes to the scriptures is that nowhere in scripture does it tell us to remember the day Jesus was resurrected. So I find nowhere in scripture that we are to observe the day known as Easter. Also bunny rabbits and eggs have always been used as symbols of fertility in false religion, so bunny rabbits and Easter eggs have nothing to do with the only begotten Son of God, who is my Lord and King.

People are always thinking that commandments of men are more important than what God inspired men to write down.Where in scripture is it written down we are to observe this day known as Easter? The scripture at 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 tells us that we are to remember the Lord's death. The scriptures say nothing about observing the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I've read the scripture at 1 Corinthians 15:17 that says if Jesus Christ hasn't been raised up then our faith is useless and we're still under condemnation of our sins.
Yet here's the thing, nowhere did Jesus say to remember the day he was resurrected even though the scriptures tell us we must have faith that he was resurrected.
It's the death that Jesus knowingly and willingly sacrificed that's important according to the scripture at 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. Jesus instituted this day to remember him at Matthew 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19, 20 and as 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 shows us it has to do with his death, not his resurrection.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
nowhere in scripture does it tell us to remember the day Jesus was resurrected.
On the contrary, all over Scripture tells us to remember the Sabbath Jesus was resurrected on. The Old Testament highlights Genesis 3:8-24, Exodus 14,15,20 Isaiah 56,57,58; New Testament highlights Luke 4,13 Matthew 12, 27:62 to 28:1-4 Colossians 2, Acts 2, 13, 17
1679308601131.png

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's the death that Jesus knowingly and willingly sacrificed that's important according to the scripture at 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. Jesus instituted this day to remember him at Matthew 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19, 20 and as 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 shows us it has to do with his death, not his resurrection.
If Christ be not risen you are in your sins as if Jesus availed nothing through his death. Paul says the most important thing he gave believers to remember was that Christ was KILLED - on the first day according to these Scriptures mentioned by yourself OF THE THREE DAYS THICK DARKNESS of His Exodus out of the land of Egypt of all sinners, us;

and "that He was BURIED - according to the Scriptures" immediately following these Scriptures mentioned by yourself OF THE THREE DAYS, following, viz., at Matthew 27:57 to end of chapter; Mark 15:42 to end of chapter; Luke 23:50 to end of chapter; and at John 19:31/38 to end of chapter : "the first day UNLEAVENED BREAD EATEN";

immediately following, according to these Scriptures mentioned by yourself OF THE THREE DAYS THICK DARKNESS of His Exodus, at Matthew 27:62 to 28:1-4, on "the first day (of) FIFTY DAYS COUNTED" : "THE DAY WHICH IS AFTER THE PREPARATION - THE THIRD DAY HE SAID: I RISE - THE SABBATH - TOWARDS BEFORE the First Day of the week there SUDDENLY HAVING COME GREAT EARHQUAKE THE ANGEL CASTING THE STONE OFF THE GRAVE" : Jesus, the Christ of God, "ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES : THE THIRD DAY : ROSE!" 1Corinthians 15:3,4.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, all over Scripture tells us to remember the Sabbath Jesus was resurrected on. The Old Testament highlights Genesis 3:8-24, Exodus 14,15,20 Isaiah 56,57,58; New Testament highlights Luke 4,13 Matthew 12, 27:62 to 28:1-4 Colossians 2, Acts 2, 13, 17
View attachment 30612
The law covenant was done away with when Jesus died for mankind so that sabbath day law you're talking about isn't binding on Christians. You're trying to tell people they must live by the law covenant. Plus the Sabbath day law that was instituted on the Israelites only. It wasn't a law that the gentiles nations had to observe, because it wasn't given to them. Jesus wasn't telling the Christians to observe the Sabbath that had to do with the angel of death killing all the firstborn of Egypt. Easter has always been about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The memorial which is what Jesus instituted was about his death we are to observe. So Easter has nothing to do with the day Jesus said to observe

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christ be not risen you are in your sins as if Jesus availed nothing through his death. Paul says the most important thing he gave believers to remember was that Christ was KILLED - on the first day according to these Scriptures mentioned by yourself OF THE THREE DAYS THICK DARKNESS of His Exodus out of the land of Egypt of all sinners, us;

and "that He was BURIED - according to the Scriptures" immediately following these Scriptures mentioned by yourself OF THE THREE DAYS, following, viz., at Matthew 27:57 to end of chapter; Mark 15:42 to end of chapter; Luke 23:50 to end of chapter; and at John 19:31/38 to end of chapter : "the first day UNLEAVENED BREAD EATEN";

immediately following, according to these Scriptures mentioned by yourself OF THE THREE DAYS THICK DARKNESS of His Exodus, at Matthew 27:62 to 28:1-4, on "the first day (of) FIFTY DAYS COUNTED" : "THE DAY WHICH IS AFTER THE PREPARATION - THE THIRD DAY HE SAID: I RISE - THE SABBATH - TOWARDS BEFORE the First Day of the week there SUDDENLY HAVING COME GREAT EARHQUAKE THE ANGEL CASTING THE STONE OFF THE GRAVE" : and Jesus, the Christ of God, "ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES : THE THIRD DAY : ROSE!" 1Corinthians 15:3,4.
I know all these scriptures but none tell us to observe the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The scriptures tells you to observe his memorial which is about his death not his resurrection. We should be observing what scripture commands not the day imperfect men command us to observe. That's the problem with imperfect men they're always trying to add to what Christians are to observe like the Pharisees did as though what God instituted through Jesus isn't good enough.

Reactions: marksman

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I know all these scriptures but none tell us to observe the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The scriptures tells you to observe his memorial which is about his death not his resurrection. We should be observing what scripture commands not the day imperfect men command us to observe. That's the problem with imperfect men they're always trying to add to what Christians are to observe like the Pharisees did as though what God instituted through Jesus isn't good enough.
You mentioned just HOW God commanded that the Sabbath should be "kept"; you stated that the Sabbath should be "remembered." That is correct. Then when Paul says "remember how that Christ the third day ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES ROSE", it is not Commandment of God?

Now you say here, <The scriptures tells you to observe his memorial which is about his death>. Isn't that just what Paul says in so many words in 1Corinthians 15:3,4 about our Lord's Resurrecting? It goes without saying yet Paul SAID IT, REPEATED IT OFTEN, AND EMPHATICALLY WROTE IT AND PREACHED IT ABOVE ALL. Exactly like Matthew did at 27:62 to 28:4. Duh, that's <nonsense> you say?!

IS IT OF NO CONSEQUENCE (to you) that WHAT JESUS FULFILLING ALL THE WORD OF GOD SINCE THE BEGINNING, IN DEED, HAD DONE, leaves no reason nor need for formal written 'command', and IS COMMAND, ENOUGH AND SUPREME?

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The law covenant was done away with when Jesus died for mankind so that sabbath day law you're talking about isn't binding on Christians.
You're talking of a Sabbath and <sabbath day law> I have - never - been <talking about> that <isn't binding on Christians.> I have all the while been writing about "the Sabbath of the LORD" that is "the Lord's Day", which, "SINCE (IF) JESUS GAVE THEM REST (on it)...remains valid for the People of God" : that Sabbath, "the Seventh Day God thus concerning spake in times past through the prophets and in these last days BY THE SON"-- his death, burial and Resurrection being "remembered on it" : "TO REMEMBER THAT", "ACCORDING TO THE ALL-EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER : GOD : RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD" : "ON IT".

Do you have a bad memory or what?

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That's the problem with imperfect men they're always trying to add to what Christians are to observe like the Pharisees did as though what God instituted through Jesus isn't good enough.
That's the problem with imperfect men they're always like the Pharisees did, trying to add to or subtract from what Christians are to observe, as though what God instituted through Jesus isn't good enough.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're talking of a Sabbath and <sabbath day law> I have - never - been <talking about> that <isn't binding on Christians.> I have all the while been writing about "the Sabbath of the LORD" that is "the Lord's Day", which, "SINCE (IF) JESUS GAVE THEM REST (on it)...remains valid for the People of God" : that Sabbath, "the Seventh Day God thus concerning spake in times past through the prophets and in these last days BY THE SON"-- his death, burial and Resurrection being "remembered on it" : "TO REMEMBER THAT", "ACCORDING TO THE ALL-EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER : GOD : RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD" : "ON IT".

Do you have a bad memory or what?
We were talking about Easter I thought. You're the one calling Easter the Sabbath not I. When I think of the Sabbath I think of the Sabbath the Jews observed when the angel of death killed the firstborn of Egypt. We don't observe that day. We observe the memorial of Jesus Christ. We observe it how Jesus said to observe it, which he tells us at Luke 22:19,20. Christians observe what Jesus said to observe, his death.(1 Corinthians 11:26) Nowhere in Scripture is it said to remember Jesus Christ resurrection. Nowhere in scripture does it say that Jesus Christ sat down with his apostles and told them to observe the resurrection as he did when telling to observe his death at the last supper. You're just trying to get people to observe your interpretation of scripture not scripture itself. You're trying to add to what Jesus said as though was Jesus said wasn't enough. What Jesus commanded is what a Christian observes not the commandments of imperfect men.

There is no doubt that Christ’s resurrection is vitally important, central to Christian belief. The apostle Paul emphasized that by writing: “If Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and our faith is in vain. Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you are yet in your sins.” (1 Corinthians 15:14, 17) So in order for our worship to be pleasing to God, we must exercise faith in the resurrection of Jesus.

But there is more to Easter than celebrating the resurrection of Christ. Men have taken the Biblical significance of the occasion and added symbols and customs that originate from ancient peoples who served false gods. For example, a well-known emblem of Easter in some countries—the rabbit. “Ancient pagans used the rabbit as a symbol of the abundant new life of the spring season. . . . The first record of the bunny as an Easter symbol is found in Germany about 1572,” says The Catholic Encyclopedia for School and Home. Likewise, the Easter-time use of hot cross buns, brightly colored eggs, or chocolate bells has its roots in pagan religion. And, incredibly, the very name Easter (used in some languages) relates to a pagan deity. The Westminster Dictionary of the Bible states that Easter was “originally the spring festival in honor of the Teutonic goddess of light and spring known in Anglo-Saxon as Eastre. As early as the 8th century the name was transferred by the Anglo-Saxons to the Christian festival designed to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.”

This pagan ancestry is widely recognized and well documented. The question is, Does it matter? Since Easter purports to honor Christ, does God overlook the fact that its trappings, even the name itself, are linked to the worship of other gods?

Yes it matters if you love the true God and his only begotten Son.
In the first two of the Ten Commandments given through Moses, God said: “I am Jehovah your God . . . You must never have any other gods against my face . . . because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion.” (Deuteronomy 5:6-9) Even the suggestion of false worship would not be tolerated, as was seen time and again in God’s dealings with the nation of Israel.

For example, while Moses was yet on Mount Sinai where he received those commandments on two stone tablets, the Israelites began to mix symbols of Egyptian religion with their worship of YHWH God. After collecting gold earrings from the people, a molten statue of a calf was made. Then came the proclamation: “This is your God, O Israel, who led you up out of the land of Egypt.” The Bible account tells us: “Finally Aaron [Moses’ brother] called out and said: ‘There is a festival to YHWH God tomorrow.’ So on the next day they were early in rising, and they began offering up burnt offerings and presenting communion sacrifices. After that the people sat down to eat and drink. Then they got up to have a good time.”—Exodus 32:1-6.

As with those who celebrate the modern-day Easter festival, the Israelites were professing to worship the true God. Remember, it was called “a festival to YHWH God.” They intended to associate YHWH God with the image. Yet, they were frolicking at a festival that mimicked an Egyptian deity, perhaps Apis, who was represented as a young bull. Was God pleased? Not at all. He nearly brought the nation to ruin on account of it!—Exodus 32:7-10.

The apostle Paul wrote: “What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols?” The answer: None at all. He continues: “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says YHWH God, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing;’ ‘and I will take you in.’”—2 Corinthians 6:14-17.

From earliest times, God has emphasized that his people worship him exclusively, having nothing to do with the appendages of false religion. True Christians show appreciation for the resurrection of Christ, not by celebrating a festival transferred from pagandom, but, rather, in line with Jesus’ command, by commemorating his death and, like Jesus, continually seeking to please God by worshiping Him with spirit and truth.—Luke 22:19; John 4:24.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Luke 22:1. Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called passover.
Luke 22:1. Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called passover. Jesus and apostles kept the paasover. Shortly later, Jesus was handed over to the sanhedrin. Crucified the next day.

Luke 22

1The feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, called the Passover.
1 Ἤγγιζεν δὲ ἡ ἑορτὴ τῶν ἀζύμων ἡ λεγομένη Πάσχα.

2And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
2 καὶ ἐζήτουν οἱ ἀρχιερεῖς καὶ οἱ γραμματεῖς τὸ πῶς ἀνέλωσιν αὐτόν· ἐφοβοῦντο γὰρ τὸν λαόν.

3Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot
3 Εἰσῆλθεν δὲ Σατανᾶς εἰς Ἰούδαν τὸν καλούμενον Ἰσκαριώτην

4And he went his way and talked with the chief priests and captains,
4 καὶ ἀπελθὼν συνελάλησεν τοῖς ἀρχιερεῦσιν καὶ στρατηγοῖς

how unto them he might betray him.
τὸ πῶς αὐτοῖς παραδῷ αὐτόν.

5And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.
5 καὶ ἐχάρησαν, καὶ συνέθεντο αὐτῷ ἀργύριον δοῦναι.

6And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them
6 καὶ ἐξωμολόγησεν, καὶ ἐζήτει εὐκαιρίαν τοῦ παραδοῦναι αὐτὸν

in the absence of the multitude.
ἄτερ ὄχλου αὐτοῖς.

7Then came the day of DE-LEAVEN,
7 Ἦλθεν δὲ ἡ ἡμέρα τῶν ἀζύμων,

in which the passover MUST BE KILLED.
ἔδει θύεσθαι τὸ πάσχα·

8And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and
8 καὶ ἀπέστειλεν Πέτρον καὶ Ἰωάνην εἰπών Πορευθέντες

PREPARE us the passover, that we MAY eat.
ἑτοιμάσατε ἡμῖν τὸ πάσχα, ἵνα φάγωμεν.

9And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we PREPARE?
9 οἱ δὲ εἶπαν αὐτῷ Ποῦ θέλεις ἑτοιμάσωμεν;

11 where I with my disciples WOULD EAT the passover
11 ὅπου τὸ πάσχα μετὰ τῶν μαθητῶν μου φάγωAorist Subjunctive

12there make READY.
12ἐκεῖ ἑτοιμάσατε.

13and they made READY [for] the passover / [to] passover.
13καὶ ἡτοίμασαν τὸ πάσχα.

14And when the hour was come he sat down and the apostles with him.
14 Καὶ ὅτε ἐγένετο ἡ ὥρα, ἀνέπεσεν, καὶ οἱ ἀπόστολοι σὺν αὐτῷ.

15And he said unto them, With desire I have desired
15 καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς αὐτούς Ἐπιθυμίᾳ ἐπεθύμησα

TO EAT this passover with you BEFORE I SUFFER:
τοῦτο τὸ πάσχα φαγεῖν μεθ’ ὑμῶν πρὸ τοῦ με παθεῖν·

16For I say unto you, I would not– definitely not, eat it
16 λέγω γὰρ ὑμῖν ὅτι οὐκέτι οὐ μὴ φάγω αὐτὸ

until it BE FULFILLED in the kingdom of God.
ἕως ὅτου πληρωθῇ ἐν τῇ βασιλείᾳ τοῦ Θεοῦ.

Luke 22 does not say <Jesus and apostles kept the paasover.> Every verb is Subjunctive; not one is Finite Indicative. Luke 22 does not say <Jesus (was) Crucified the next day.> Jesus That Selfsame Day “it was the Preparation OF THE PASSOVER” John 19:14, Abib 14 AFTER sunset and evening Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,14 John 13:1,30, BEFORE Abib 15 sunset and evening Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 Luke 23:50 John 19:31,38 “when there came Joseph”, HAD BEEN CRUCIFIED AND KILLED.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mentioned just HOW God commanded that the Sabbath should be "kept"; you stated that the Sabbath should be "remembered." That is correct. Then when Paul says "remember how that Christ the third day ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES ROSE", it is not Commandment of God?

Now you say here, <The scriptures tells you to observe his memorial which is about his death>. Isn't that just what Paul says in so many words in 1Corinthians 15:3,4 about our Lord's Resurrecting? It goes without saying yet Paul SAID IT, REPEATED IT OFTEN, AND EMPHATICALLY WROTE IT AND PREACHED IT ABOVE ALL. Exactly like Matthew did at 27:62 to 28:4. Duh, that's <nonsense> you say?!

IS IT OF NO CONSEQUENCE (to you) that WHAT JESUS FULFILLING ALL THE WORD OF GOD SINCE THE BEGINNING, IN DEED, HAD DONE, leaves no reason nor need for formal written 'command', and IS COMMAND, ENOUGH AND SUPREME?
I understand how important the resurrection of Jesus Christ is. We preach about it everyday. We don't however observe commandments of men. People do the same thing with Christmas trying to push it in scripture that we are to observe the day Jesus was born, they're just commandments of men.

I also understand that when God instituted the law covenant how important it was. But the Pharisees even though they had the law covenant that the true God gave them decided they needed the oral law which was commandments of men. The oral law wasn't from God but the Pharisees made their oral law to be more important than the law covenant. Something that Jesus Christ reprimanded them about. Think of that the commandments of men became more important to the Pharisees than the law covenant.
Jesus gave the day and way we are to remember him, that is enough, because it's from Jesus. The day and way that Jesus said to remember him is at Luke 22:17-19.
Paul said at 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 that as often as we remember and do what Jesus said at Luke 22:17-19 we remember Jesus death. Jesus instituted the memorial of his death. Paul wasn't at 1 Corinthians 15: 3, 4 telling anyone to observe Easter. Paul would never teach people to observe a day that belongs to false god's. You don't take what belongs to false god's and united it with what belongs to the True God. Bunny Rabbits and Easter eggs! Are you serious? Why are rabbits and eggs that are associated with fertility god's associated with my Lord and King Jesus Christ? Why do so many people think it's ok to associate what belongs to false god's with my Lord and King Jesus Christ. This is another command by men who say it's ok to associate what belongs to false god's with the True God. He's never approved of it in the past, and he doesn't change so he doesn't approve of it today.
What you choose to do in your life is your choice. But Paul wasn't telling people that Jesus said to remember his resurrection as he said to remember his death at Luke 22:17-19. What Jesus said at Luke 22:17-19 is more important to me than what Jesus said, and Paul didn't say anything different from that.