Why Easter Is Important

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
First Corinthians 5:7. Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be new lump, as Ye are unleavened, for even christ our Passover is sacrificed for us. 5:8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. ABAQ in Hebrew means = grapple. We must come to the fork in the road. And decide what direction to take. Those with unleavened bread have discernment, and find the narrow gate. Those who with leaven bread go through wide gate. ABEDAH in Hebrew means = lost, hades. Which gate is Hades?. MATSTSAH Hebrew means = Passover, unleavened bread. Duertonmomy 16:1. Observe the month of abhib, and keep the Passover unto the Lord thy God: 16:3. Thou shalt eat no leaven bread with it. Luke 22:1. Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called passover. Jesus and apostles kept the paasover. Shortly later, Jesus was handed over to the sanhedrin. Crucified the next day. Is this sinking in. Matthew 26:18. And He said, Ho into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The master says, My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at thy house with my disciples. Easter is pagan holiday. I documented this. What are Christian people supposed to do in April. Is Passover connected to the crucifixion. 26 :26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples and said, Take , eat; this is My body. 26:27. And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it. ESHEL in Hebrew means = grove, tree. No Easter here. ABDUWTH in Greek means = Bondage. Leaven bread is the wide gate. OPE in Greek means = spring water. This is unleavened bread, truth, stability. AKRATOS in Greek means = undiluted, without mixture. Polluted water mixed with fresh water will contaminate it. Get the picture. Narrow gate or wide gate ?. I told the truth.
Fortunately only you will know what you're saying

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What you choose to do in your life is your choice. But Paul wasn't telling people that Jesus said to remember his resurrection as he said to remember his death at Luke 22:17-19. What Jesus said at Luke 22:17-19 is more important to me than what Jesus said, and Paul didn't say anything different from that.

My or your choice is beside the point. <More important to me> or to you isn't worth the digital space it vanishes into. What Jesus said at Luke 22:17-19 was for the disciples "TO, PREPARE : SO THAT" : they "MAY / WOULD eat the passover". In fact, that HE, "I, MAY / WOULD eat The Passover" - HIS Passover the Passover OF YAHWEH "daytime following" of "That Selfsame Day" of God's Eternal Covenant of Grace. None of us is Yahweh, none of us is Jesus. Jesus said at Luke 22:17-19 that He "MAY / WOULD eat The Passover" : "This That SELFSAME DAY" : "the fourteenth day of the First Month" : 'LATE'-'ereb' 'between the (after/late) quarters'-'behn ha arba yim' : "the ninth hour", "MID-AFTERNOON : being in the declining daylight of the Sabbath"-'OPSE SABBATOHN TEHI EPIPHOHSKOUSEHI'-"towards before the First Day of the week"-'eis Mian (Hehmeran) sabbatohn'.

The Scriptures all over give the very single foundational reason for Sabbath observance which Sunday keepers STEAL from the Lord's Sabbath for Sunday worship, BUT IT SERVES NO PURPOSE NOR IS ANY GOOD when correctly and truthfully and OBEDIENTLY and LAW-ABIDINGLY is applied as it should to the only real Sabbath in the Scriptures, "the Seventh Day SABBATH OF THE LORD GOD".
Woe unto you the Lord's Holy Day despisers and defiers!

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My or your choice is beside the point. <More important to me> or to you isn't worth the digital space it vanishes into. What Jesus said at Luke 22:17-19 was for the disciples "TO, PREPARE : SO THAT" : they "MAY / WOULD eat the passover". In fact, that HE, "I, MAY / WOULD eat The Passover" - HIS Passover the Passover OF YAHWEH "daytime following" of "That Selfsame Day" of God's Eternal Covenant of Grace. None of us is Yahweh, none of us is Jesus. Jesus said at Luke 22:17-19 that He "MAY / WOULD eat The Passover" : "This That SELFSAME DAY" : "the fourteenth day of the First Month" : 'LATE'-'ereb' 'between the (after/late) quarters'-'behn ha arba yim' : "the ninth hour", "MID-AFTERNOON : being in the declining daylight of the Sabbath"-'OPSE SABBATOHN TEHI EPIPHOHSKOUSEHI'-"towards before the First Day of the week"-'eis Mian (Hehmeran) sabbatohn'.

The Scriptures all over give the very single foundational reason for Sabbath observance which Sunday keepers STEAL from the Lord's Sabbath for Sunday worship, BUT IT SERVES NO PURPOSE NOR IS ANY GOOD when correctly and truthfully and OBEDIENTLY and LAW-ABIDINGLY is applied as it should to the only real Sabbath in the Scriptures, "the Seventh Day SABBATH OF THE LORD GOD".
Woe unto you the Lord's Holy Day despisers and defyers!
Luke 22:17-19 don't teach us to observe the Passover they teach us to observe the memorial of Jesus death, you're not going to convince me otherwise. So you keep observing the Passover I'll continue to observe the memorial of Jesus death.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Luke 22:17-19 don't teach us to observe the Passover they teach us to observe the memorial of Jesus death, you're not going to convince me otherwise. So you keep observing the Passover I'll continue to observe the memorial of Jesus death.
The true Church confesses and observes "The Lord's Supper" - 'Kuriakeh Deipnon' just as it should "The Lord's Day" - 'Kuriakeh Hehmera'. No problem with that, BUT NO CHERRY-PICKING, NOT THE SUPPER AT THE EXSPENSE OF THE LORD'S DAY. For sooth Jesus said of the Lord's Supper, "as often as YOU may"; but of the Sabbath: "WEEKLY SABBATH'S FEAST OF CHRIST" Colossians 2:16.

In any case NO SCRIPTURE OR TRUTH will make any difference with you, I know. But I don't witness or confess because of you, but because of TRUTH AND SCRIPTURE AND FOR ITS SAKE, so help me God.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true Church confesses and observes "The Lord's Supper" - 'Kuriakeh Deipnon' just as it should "The Lord's Day" - 'Kuriakeh Hehmera'. No problem with that, BUT NO CHERRY-PICKING, NOT THE SUPPER AT THE EXSPENSE OF THE LORD'S DAY. For sooth Jesus said of the Lord's Supper, "as often as YOU may"; but of the Sabbath: "WEEKLY SABBATH'S FEAST OF CHRIST" Colossians 2:16.

In any case NO SCRIPTURE OR TRUTH will make any difference with you, I know. But I don't witness or confess because of you, but because of TRUTH AND SCRIPTURE AND FOR ITS SAKE, so help me God.
The true church follows what Jesus says at Luke 22:17-19. And Paul says at 1 Corinthians 11:26 that when we observe the last supper or lord's evening meal we remember the lord's death

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do you know what you're talking!? <you keep observing the Passover I'll continue to observe the memorial of Jesus death> ... THE SAME THING!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The true church follows what Jesus says at Luke 22:17-19. And Paul says at 1 Corinthians 11:26 that when we observe the last supper or lord's evening meal we remember the lord's death
Now tell where anyone in his right mind would differ with that? Except that for no true believers' reason need it be specifically an <evening meal>. Christians normally eat it in the morning broad daylight. Or is the 'evening' an aspect the LAW demands? Hahaha man...

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I understand how important the resurrection of Jesus Christ is. We preach about it everyday. We don't however observe commandments of men. People do the same thing with Christmas trying to push it in scripture that we are to observe the day Jesus was born, they're just commandments of men.
YOU SAY IT, WRITE IT:
I understand how important the resurrection of Jesus Christ is. We preach about it everyday. We don't however observe commandments of men. People do the same thing with Christmas trying to push it in scripture that we are to observe the day Jesus was born, they're just commandments of men.
<how important the resurrection of Jesus Christ is> -- <just commandments of men> -- <commandments of men> -- <the same thing with Christmas> -- <push(ed) in scripture>.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, talk about when you write, <the resurrection of Jesus Christ>? :

You talk about : "What is the hope of His calling, and what is the riches of His glory in his inheritance in the saints, 19and WHAT is the exceeding greatness of His Power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20which GOD wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all."

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is where I believe The Lord's Sabbath Day fits in : right HERE :

"What is the riches of His glory in his inheritance in the saints, of all things put under His feet, He being the Head over all things given to the Church His Body (for) the fullness of HIM that filleth all in all."

God raised Christ on the Sabbath putting it under His feet, a thing of his grace given to the Body of Christ to rest on, the Church being Christ's feet.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what you're talking!? <you keep observing the Passover I'll continue to observe the memorial of Jesus death> ... THE SAME THING!
No as long as anyone is equating Easter with Luke 22:17-19 they're wrong. Luke 22:17-19 has to do with the lord's death. Paul says at 1 Corinthians 11:26 that as long as we keep eating the bread and drinking from the cup we're remembering the lord's death. So no, they're not the same thing.
Bunny Rabbits and Easter eggs have nothing to do with my Lord Jesus. They're fertility symbols concerning fertility god's such as from the Anglo-Saxon goddess "Eostre." You don't combine what belongs to false god's such as fertility symbols associated with fertility goddesses like Eostre and combined them with the true God as though he approves of it.

Jesus never commanded to observe Easter, and neither did the Apostles . Jesus apostles were commanded by Jesus to observe the lord's evening meal in remembrance of his death.

Easter got it's first official start on 325AD which was long after Jesus resurrection.
The apostasy prophesied by Jesus and the apostles was in full swing by that time and most Christians were Christians in name only. The pagans emperor Constantine was one of them. Constantine was still the chief priest of the Roman pagan religion. He assembled a large number of these apostate Christians together at the council of Nicea. He combined the two hostile faiths of apostate Christianity and blended them with Roman pagan Religion. One of the results was that Constantine decreed that everywhere the great feast of Easter was to be observed.
This appealed to the pagans, since they had been long used to worshiping a springtime goddess of fruitfulness. To the Greeks and Romans her name was Astarte. The Babylonians had worshipped her by the name Ishtar and the Phoenicians by the name Ashtoreth.

Archaeologist have uncovered carvings of the fertility goddess Ishtar. The carving had her holding an egg in her hand and a rabbit at her feet. So the book Great Catholic Festivals comments on Easter: "The eating of eggs on this day is said to have come down from pagan usage of the egg as a symbol of fertility." And The Catholic Encyclopedia says under "Easter.": "The rabbit is a pagan symbol and has always been a emblem of fertility."
Worshipers of the springtime goddess Ashtoreth had a custom of eating cakes in her honor. They called the goddess, "Queen of Heaven." Of Ashtoreth and her worshipers, the Bible says: "The children gather wood, and the father's kindle the fire, and the women knead the dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink-offerings unto other God's, that they may provoke me to anger."(Jeremiah 7:18) YHWH God was angered against his people whenever they adopted these customs. The people today like the people then are not interested in following what Bible says about adopting customs and symbols related to pagan gods and goddesses and combining them with what belongs to the true God. Just as those people back then didn't think the True God would disapprove the people who keep relating customs and symbols related to false god's to Christianity don't think the true God will disapprove, they're wrong.

So you go ahead observe Easter and continue thinking it's ok to take what belongs to pagan goddesses like Eostre (Ishtar; Eostre; Ashtoreth) and combining it with what belongs to the True God. He didn't approve of it in the past he doesn't approve of it today, because he doesn't change. We are to leave what belongs to false god's alone, not associate with them as though the True God approves.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU SAY IT, WRITE IT:

<how important the resurrection of Jesus Christ is> -- <just commandments of men> -- <commandments of men> -- <the same thing with Christmas> -- <push(ed) in scripture>.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, talk about when you write, <the resurrection of Jesus Christ>? :

You talk about : "What is the hope of His calling, and what is the riches of His glory in his inheritance in the saints, 19and WHAT is the exceeding greatness of His Power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20which GOD wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all."

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!
I'm not going to agree with observing Easter or Christmas they're not commanded by God. They're commandments of men.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No as long as anyone is equating Easter with Luke 22:17-19 they're wrong. Luke 22:17-19 has to do with the lord's death. Paul says at 1 Corinthians 11:26 that as long as we keep eating the bread and drinking from the cup we're remembering the lord's death. So no, they're not the same thing.
Bunny Rabbits and Easter eggs have nothing to do with my Lord Jesus. They're fertility symbols concerning fertility god's such as from the Anglo-Saxon goddess "Eostre." You don't combine what belongs to false god's such as fertility symbols associated with fertility goddesses like Eostre and combined them with the true God as though he approves of it.

Jesus never commanded to observe Easter, and neither did the Apostles . Jesus apostles were commanded by Jesus to observe the lord's evening meal in remembrance of his death.

Easter got it's first official start on 325AD which was long after Jesus resurrection.
The apostasy prophesied by Jesus and the apostles was in full swing by that time and most Christians were Christians in name only. The pagans emperor Constantine was one of them. Constantine was still the chief priest of the Roman pagan religion. He assembled a large number of these apostate Christians together at the council of Nicea. He combined the two hostile faiths of apostate Christianity and blended them with Roman pagan Religion. One of the results was that Constantine decreed that everywhere the great feast of Easter was to be observed.
This appealed to the pagans, since they had been long used to worshiping a springtime goddess of fruitfulness. To the Greeks and Romans her name was Astarte. The Babylonians had worshipped her by the name Ishtar and the Phoenicians by the name Ashtoreth.

Archaeologist have uncovered carvings of the fertility goddess Ishtar. The carving had her holding an egg in her hand and a rabbit at her feet. So the book Great Catholic Festivals comments on Easter: "The eating of eggs on this day is said to have come down from pagan usage of the egg as a symbol of fertility." And The Catholic Encyclopedia says under "Easter.": "The rabbit is a pagan symbol and has always been a emblem of fertility."
Worshipers of the springtime goddess Ashtoreth had a custom of eating cakes in her honor. They called the goddess, "Queen of Heaven." Of Ashtoreth and her worshipers, the Bible says: "The children gather wood, and the father's kindle the fire, and the women knead the dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink-offerings unto other God's, that they may provoke me to anger."(Jeremiah 7:18) YHWH God was angered against his people whenever they adopted these customs. The people today like the people then are not interested in following what Bible says about adopting customs and symbols related to pagan gods and goddesses and combining them with what belongs to the true God. Just as those people back then didn't think the True God would disapprove the people who keep relating customs and symbols related to false god's to Christianity don't think the true God will disapprove, they're wrong.

So you go ahead observe Easter and continue thinking it's ok to take what belongs to pagan goddesses like Eostre (Ishtar; Eostre; Ashtoreth) and combining it with what belongs to the True God. He didn't approve of it in the past he doesn't approve of it today, because he doesn't change. We are to leave what belongs to false god's alone, not associate with them as though the True God approves.
Readers here, I want you to know, I could not have written a better refutation of Barney Bright's brilliant thesis than his own right here.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Facts regarding Easter.

Easter, is pagan and a pagan holiday in worship of queen Eostra which holiday coincided with the Jewish passover at the time of Jesus's crucifixion in Jerusalem. The Greek word in Acts 12:4 where the word Easter is found only once in the KJV (King James Version) bible, is "pascha" which correctly translates as "passover", not Easter. The translators of the KJV took the liberty to insert the word "Easter" instead of using the correct translation of passover (pascha). Easter has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity and worship of the Lord, much the same as Christmas has nothing at all to do with Jesus, his birth, or Christianity. Neither are biblical Christian holidays but
simply man-made tradition.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The law covenant was done away with when Jesus died for mankind so that sabbath day law you're talking about isn't binding on Christians. You're trying to tell people they must live by the law covenant. Plus the Sabbath day law that was instituted on the Israelites only. It wasn't a law that the gentiles nations had to observe, because it wasn't given to them. Jesus wasn't telling the Christians to observe the Sabbath that had to do with the angel of death killing all the firstborn of Egypt. Easter has always been about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The memorial which is what Jesus instituted was about his death we are to observe. So Easter has nothing to do with the day Jesus said to observe
I think you will find that it was not done away with, it was fulfilled.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Facts regarding Easter.

Easter, is pagan and a pagan holiday in worship of queen Eostra which holiday coincided with the Jewish passover at the time of Jesus's crucifixion in Jerusalem. The Greek word in Acts 12:4 where the word Easter is found only once in the KJV (King James Version) bible, is "pascha" which correctly translates as "passover", not Easter. The translators of the KJV took the liberty to insert the word "Easter" instead of using the correct translation of passover (pascha). Easter has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity and worship of the Lord, much the same as Christmas has nothing at all to do with Jesus, his birth, or Christianity. Neither are biblical Christian holidays but
simply man-made tradition.
But you know as well as I do that tradition overrides truth.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 22

1The feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, called the Passover.
1 Ἤγγιζεν δὲ ἡ ἑορτὴ τῶν ἀζύμων ἡ λεγομένη Πάσχα.

2And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
2 καὶ ἐζήτουν οἱ ἀρχιερεῖς καὶ οἱ γραμματεῖς τὸ πῶς ἀνέλωσιν αὐτόν· ἐφοβοῦντο γὰρ τὸν λαόν.

3Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot
3 Εἰσῆλθεν δὲ Σατανᾶς εἰς Ἰούδαν τὸν καλούμενον Ἰσκαριώτην

4And he went his way and talked with the chief priests and captains,
4 καὶ ἀπελθὼν συνελάλησεν τοῖς ἀρχιερεῦσιν καὶ στρατηγοῖς

how unto them he might betray him.
τὸ πῶς αὐτοῖς παραδῷ αὐτόν.

5And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.
5 καὶ ἐχάρησαν, καὶ συνέθεντο αὐτῷ ἀργύριον δοῦναι.

6And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them
6 καὶ ἐξωμολόγησεν, καὶ ἐζήτει εὐκαιρίαν τοῦ παραδοῦναι αὐτὸν

in the absence of the multitude.
ἄτερ ὄχλου αὐτοῖς.

7Then came the day of DE-LEAVEN,
7 Ἦλθεν δὲ ἡ ἡμέρα τῶν ἀζύμων,

in which the passover MUST BE KILLED.
ἔδει θύεσθαι τὸ πάσχα·

8And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and
8 καὶ ἀπέστειλεν Πέτρον καὶ Ἰωάνην εἰπών Πορευθέντες

PREPARE us the passover, that we MAY eat.
ἑτοιμάσατε ἡμῖν τὸ πάσχα, ἵνα φάγωμεν.

9And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we PREPARE?
9 οἱ δὲ εἶπαν αὐτῷ Ποῦ θέλεις ἑτοιμάσωμεν;

11 where I with my disciples WOULD EAT the passover
11 ὅπου τὸ πάσχα μετὰ τῶν μαθητῶν μου φάγωAorist Subjunctive

12there make READY.
12ἐκεῖ ἑτοιμάσατε.

13and they made READY [for] the passover / [to] passover.
13καὶ ἡτοίμασαν τὸ πάσχα.

14And when the hour was come he sat down and the apostles with him.
14 Καὶ ὅτε ἐγένετο ἡ ὥρα, ἀνέπεσεν, καὶ οἱ ἀπόστολοι σὺν αὐτῷ.

15And he said unto them, With desire I have desired
15 καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς αὐτούς Ἐπιθυμίᾳ ἐπεθύμησα

TO EAT this passover with you BEFORE I SUFFER:
τοῦτο τὸ πάσχα φαγεῖν μεθ’ ὑμῶν πρὸ τοῦ με παθεῖν·

16For I say unto you, I would not– definitely not, eat it
16 λέγω γὰρ ὑμῖν ὅτι οὐκέτι οὐ μὴ φάγω αὐτὸ

until it BE FULFILLED in the kingdom of God.
ἕως ὅτου πληρωθῇ ἐν τῇ βασιλείᾳ τοῦ Θεοῦ.

Luke 22 does not say <Jesus and apostles kept the paasover.> Every verb is Subjunctive; not one is Finite Indicative. Luke 22 does not say <Jesus (was) Crucified the next day.> Jesus That Selfsame Day “it was the Preparation OF THE PASSOVER” John 19:14, Abib 14 AFTER sunset and evening Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,14 John 13:1,30, BEFORE Abib 15 sunset and evening Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 Luke 23:50 John 19:31,38 “when there came Joseph”, HAD BEEN CRUCIFIED AND KILLED.
Are you trying to prove something with the Greek?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We were talking about Easter I thought. You're the one calling Easter the Sabbath not I. When I think of the Sabbath I think of the Sabbath the Jews observed when the angel of death killed the firstborn of Egypt. We don't observe that day. We observe the memorial of Jesus Christ. We observe it how Jesus said to observe it, which he tells us at Luke 22:19,20. Christians observe what Jesus said to observe, his death.(1 Corinthians 11:26) Nowhere in Scripture is it said to remember Jesus Christ resurrection. Nowhere in scripture does it say that Jesus Christ sat down with his apostles and told them to observe the resurrection as he did when telling to observe his death at the last supper. You're just trying to get people to observe your interpretation of scripture not scripture itself. You're trying to add to what Jesus said as though was Jesus said wasn't enough. What Jesus commanded is what a Christian observes not the commandments of imperfect men.

There is no doubt that Christ’s resurrection is vitally important, central to Christian belief. The apostle Paul emphasized that by writing: “If Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and our faith is in vain. Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you are yet in your sins.” (1 Corinthians 15:14, 17) So in order for our worship to be pleasing to God, we must exercise faith in the resurrection of Jesus.

But there is more to Easter than celebrating the resurrection of Christ. Men have taken the Biblical significance of the occasion and added symbols and customs that originate from ancient peoples who served false gods. For example, a well-known emblem of Easter in some countries—the rabbit. “Ancient pagans used the rabbit as a symbol of the abundant new life of the spring season. . . . The first record of the bunny as an Easter symbol is found in Germany about 1572,” says The Catholic Encyclopedia for School and Home. Likewise, the Easter-time use of hot cross buns, brightly colored eggs, or chocolate bells has its roots in pagan religion. And, incredibly, the very name Easter (used in some languages) relates to a pagan deity. The Westminster Dictionary of the Bible states that Easter was “originally the spring festival in honor of the Teutonic goddess of light and spring known in Anglo-Saxon as Eastre. As early as the 8th century the name was transferred by the Anglo-Saxons to the Christian festival designed to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.”

This pagan ancestry is widely recognized and well documented. The question is, Does it matter? Since Easter purports to honor Christ, does God overlook the fact that its trappings, even the name itself, are linked to the worship of other gods?

Yes it matters if you love the true God and his only begotten Son.
In the first two of the Ten Commandments given through Moses, God said: “I am Jehovah your God . . . You must never have any other gods against my face . . . because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion.” (Deuteronomy 5:6-9) Even the suggestion of false worship would not be tolerated, as was seen time and again in God’s dealings with the nation of Israel.

For example, while Moses was yet on Mount Sinai where he received those commandments on two stone tablets, the Israelites began to mix symbols of Egyptian religion with their worship of YHWH God. After collecting gold earrings from the people, a molten statue of a calf was made. Then came the proclamation: “This is your God, O Israel, who led you up out of the land of Egypt.” The Bible account tells us: “Finally Aaron [Moses’ brother] called out and said: ‘There is a festival to YHWH God tomorrow.’ So on the next day they were early in rising, and they began offering up burnt offerings and presenting communion sacrifices. After that the people sat down to eat and drink. Then they got up to have a good time.”—Exodus 32:1-6.

As with those who celebrate the modern-day Easter festival, the Israelites were professing to worship the true God. Remember, it was called “a festival to YHWH God.” They intended to associate YHWH God with the image. Yet, they were frolicking at a festival that mimicked an Egyptian deity, perhaps Apis, who was represented as a young bull. Was God pleased? Not at all. He nearly brought the nation to ruin on account of it!—Exodus 32:7-10.

The apostle Paul wrote: “What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols?” The answer: None at all. He continues: “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says YHWH God, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing;’ ‘and I will take you in.’”—2 Corinthians 6:14-17.

From earliest times, God has emphasized that his people worship him exclusively, having nothing to do with the appendages of false religion. True Christians show appreciation for the resurrection of Christ, not by celebrating a festival transferred from pagandom, but, rather, in line with Jesus’ command, by commemorating his death and, like Jesus, continually seeking to please God by worshiping Him with spirit and truth.—Luke 22:19; John 4:24.
A good piece of work Barney