Why Esther?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is not knowing who's Israel

We are fortunet - Not all Circumcised are circumcised! and not all Gentile's are gentile's- God know's who belong's to Him!
Just as in the Exodus, all that came out of Egypt, were not of the seed of Abraham, it was a mixed multitude, yet they all received the Covenant, and then they were all counted as Israel.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is difficult because I don’t want to lead anyone astray. What does it say to you? What do you hear? See, I’m not good as the history of it. As I read this thread I realize how little I know.

Esther 7:10
[10] So they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai. Then was the king's wrath pacified.

As the woman who is forced to drink the bitter water: Numbers 5:28-30
[28] And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. [29] This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled; [30] Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the Lord , and the priest shall execute upon her all this law.

Isaiah 59:16-17
[16] And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him. [17] For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

As the Wife of God... was not the physical Israel set to be His Queen and rule with Him in His throne? But her beauty (vanity) failed to demonstrate mercy by her works. If we can put aside gender, we will see our King is to reign and who will reign with the King from His throne as Queen (of His body)? we are to be Elohim. We are to rule with Christ as “Elohim” in the spirit of: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Which is beauty in mercy instead of vanity of a nation seeking her own, clothing herself in glory.

Also, don’t listen to me. I could very easily be wrong: what does He(Spirit) say to you when you are in the Word? That is what matters...follow that, His voice never the voice of everyone else.

I enjoyed your post! It actually smells good, if you get my intent!
The OT is full of shadows, to which we can speculate upon!
your statement about listening to the Spirit when reading and pondering on what you read, is dead on!
To speculate is most often carnal, With the Spirit leading the is very little doubt

We have an intercessor. That is what I hear in the book of Esther. But see it is not that simple. There are many layers. Even with the Queen that refused and rejected to show her beauty, she was replaced by Esther. This could be Israel which God spoke of as “beauty” and of her rejection for the love of this world over the Love of God...so she was replaced by “bands” because what the King desires most is mercy. Zechariah 11:7[7] And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock.

This portion was sum-what edifying to me! I liked it, Spirit or not it is pleasing for thought!