WHY I believe what I believe !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About four months ago I authored a thread of what I believe as a follower of God.
Now I want to establish WHY I believe as I do.

I still believe in a supreme sovereign God. ONE GOD. The God that walked in the cool of the evening talking with Adam in the garden. Genesis 3
Adam obeyed the voice of the devil through his wife Eve instead of obeying what God had commanded.
Adam's unbelief in what his creator had said is why sin entered into the soul of man.
Punishment was delivered for this disobedience to all involved.. The garden, alone with God would no longer be the man's home but he would work the ground for the rest of his days until he returned from whence he came. His soul would return to God who gave it by the breath of life Gen.2:7. Eve would know only her husband in intimacy and would suffer in child- bearing. The serpent would crawl on his belly, never again standing upright and the 1st promise of salvation was given as victory for man to overcome the devil. Genesis 3:15 satans head would forever be crushed under the heel of the saviour.

1. ONE God with different manifestations unto man. He led the Jewish ppl out of Egypt by the promise made to Abraham bc he believed God ! " I am, that I am" he said unto Moses to tell them. Exodus3:14. The "I am" dealt with them for 6ooo yrs through rebellion, disobedience, worship of the gods of the nations they encountered until he wrote them a bill of divorce, and left them to their own.Jeremiah 3:6-9
2. ONE God, prophesied through his prophets by his word that once again he would intervene on their behalf for their redemption.Isaiah 7:12-15 Once more God came among humanity born in the flesh by the Spirit to dwell among men. Luke 1:25-28. Jesus is God, for we now have that high priest who was touched with our infirminities, tempted as we are, who lived and walked among us. Isaiah 53:3-6;
Hebrews 4:13-16. One who suffered spite and railings, pain and agony, love and betrayal, yet his love to us was so great that he lay down his life that we might be saved! The death, burial and resurrection of God was the ultimate victory over sin, death and seperation from God for mankind. Revelation 1:16-19
3. ONE God, who did not leave us alone to struggle through our discipleship with stumbling in the dark, nor being tossed about with every wind of doctrine.
Just before Jesus ascended back to heaven, he told them to tarry in Jerusalem and they would receive a promise of power that would open their spiritual eyes. A promise that would help them walk in his commands, help them spread his word of salvation, help them stay connected to the vine and bear fruit.
The Holy Ghost is God and through his salvation he takes up these vessels of clay as his living temples.
He will bring us to the end of this race by our faith and obedience; that where he is we may be also!
Luke 12:10-13;2 Corinthians6:4-7;Acts 20:21-24

I still believe sin separates from God, ALL SIN, NO MATTER THE STRENGTH OF THAT SIN IN OUR HEARTS. John 8:34; Romans6:6; Sin brings death for that is it's wages not just the death of the body, for it is appointed to all men once to die and then the judgment but eternal conscious death of the soul in the lake of fire. James 1:13-16; Hebrews9:25-28;

I still believe that salvation is a gift that God purchased at a great price. He gave himself so that we could be with him. We cannot earn it by being good enough, by doing rituals nor sacraments, not by giving of the means we have, nor anything within our own power. It is either accepted by a free choice of a willing heart or it is rejected in unbelief and rebellion.Romans 5:13-16

I believe the Word of God is the only accepted authority on doctrine. He inspired holy men to write it for our instruction, our correction, and our example of how to follow his lead as our head in the body of believers. He is a God of order, not one of confusion and chaos. Therefore it is to be the only authority on our daily walk by its study and by its practices.
2 John 1:7-10; 2 Timothy 4:1-3; 2 2Timothy 3:14-16.

Psalms 84:10 " For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness".

Reactions: shortangel

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Offered in support of the one God.

”1. The one God. (a) theos is the most frequent designation of God in the NT. Belief in the one, only and unique God (Matt. 23:9; Rom. 3:30; 1 Cor. 8:4,6; Gal. 3:20; 1 Tim. 2:5; Jas. 2:19) is an established part of Christian tradition. Jesus himself made the fundamental confession of Jud. his own and expressly quoted the Shema (Deut. 6:4-5; see Mk. 12:29-30; cf. Matt. 22:37; Lk. 10:27). This guaranteed continuity between the old and the new covenants. The God whom Christians worship is the God of the fathers (Acts 3:13; 5:30; 22:14), the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Acts 3:13; 7:32; cf. Matt. 22:32; Mk. 12:26; Lk. 20:37), the God of Israel (Matt. 15:31; Lk. 1:68; Acts 13:17), and the God of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 1:3; Eph. 1:3; 1Pet. 1:3).”

(New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, Abridged Edition, p. 244)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see how easily ppl just accept things in belief.
I once did the same under the constant teachings of men.
It takes getting completely alone with God sometimes to be able to hear him.

God is not being oblivious to our need to know his fullness. Sometimes we cannot hear him through all the noise.

The bible is either the Word of God or it is just a book written by men. We either believe he speaks to us through his word individually or we are being played.

He rebuked the gods of the nations Israel often found themselves in and against. So why would he become a plural God?
It took me a while to realize it is all God and only God.

He struggles with us as we struggle against him, why?
Why must it be so hard to grasp?
Ppl believe in all sorts of things that aren't real and they can't see, so why must faith be so hard to accept ?

I want only to be as close as I can get, then I want to exit this existence immediately @Matthias .

That way, I don't lose it, it cannot be taken nor stolen, nor messed up beyond recognition.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:6-9 ( cxt)
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
And they heard the VOICE of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the PRESCENCE of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, where art thou ?

This is the scripture supposedly written by Moses. THIS IS WHAT IT READS !

I don't debate truth, nor do I have to defend it. God said it so therefore I stand on it.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see how easily ppl just accept things in belief.
I once did the same under the constant teachings of men.
It takes getting completely alone with God sometimes to be able to hear him.

God is not being oblivious to our need to know his fullness. Sometimes we cannot hear him through all the noise.

The bible is either the Word of God or it is just a book written by men. We either believe he speaks to us through his word individually or we are being played.

He rebuked the gods of the nations Israel often found themselves in and against. So why would he become a plural God?
It took me a while to realize it is all God and only God.

He struggles with us as we struggle against him, why?
Why must it be so hard to grasp?
Ppl believe in all sorts of things that aren't real and they can't see, so why must faith be so hard to accept ?

I want only to be as close as I can get, then I want to exit this existence immediately @Matthias .

That way, I don't lose it, it cannot be taken nor stolen, nor messed up beyond recognition.

Screenshot_20220930-184240~2.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly , notice the WORD VOICE . exactly . folks just want to attack the bible and make it seem contradictory .
BUT THE LAMBS WONT HEED THEM SISTER . STAY GLUED IN THAT BIBLE . STAY GLUED IN IT .
They can keep their tradtions and lies . the lambs will have no part in their dung pile junk .
STAYGLUED in the bible . Let the KING be praised .