Why I could personally never chose to be Catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess this is no longer a "Christian" forum it is now a "catholic", forum, where we no longer stand for Christ but the "church" and her doctrines. I would like to know when the change happened because I cannot stand with the antichrist.

Really?

Sounds like you really need this board to be tribal

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really?

Sounds like you really need this board to be tribal
It is havnt you noticed

1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

apparently He is......

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is havnt you noticed

1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

apparently He is......

Nice verses. Nice list of false divisions in the Body. So what’s the solution MJR? Join your tribe or give up tribalism completely? It sounds like your way or the highway to me......frankly, none of the tribes represented on this board matter to me - i react when one tribe misrepresents another, but deep down we are all brothers and sisters. I see you as a person who has chosen a tribe of One.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tribes aren't all that bad.
Some good comes out of it.
United we stand.
Divided we fall.
Jesus said that using different words.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tribes aren't all that bad.
Some good comes out of it.
United we stand.
Divided we fall.
Jesus said that using different words.

Tribalism is great if you need an enemy

B

brakelite

even though it will invite hatred and condemnation from those of you who refuse to hear...even though it may bring down the wrath of the entire papal apostasy as such accusations brought upon the reformers before me.

What a phony post. You don't love anybody by throwing poop on them. There is no wrath in the papacy. When did this alleged apostasy take place?? Can't name encyclical? I didn't think so. You are anti-Christian/anti-human/anti-Catholic, just like the communists and post enlightenment cults that came after. You hate a cardboard caricature of the Church of your own making. It isn't real.
Mmmm. God forbid that anyone would seek to be genuine in the middle of a debate huh.

B

brakelite

Hi brakelite,

Why are your doctrines and dogmas valid and the Catholic Churches not valid or true or trustworthy or revealed to them by God?

Curious Mary
If you would like to know my understanding of the gospel, and how it affects the sinner, read it here..if it differs from the Catholic version, then maybe you could explain where I am wrong. Just remember, my understanding comes from the Bible, not from the church. If you want to pit the church's beliefs against the Bible, then I am not interested.
Character Development.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nice list of false divisions in the Body.
You are right because mens churches are not part of His body, only people are. Thanks for correcting me. Like is says

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

and this

1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

that why catholics are catholics mormans are mormans JWs are JWs because you are all divided by doctrine and religion, nothing to do with God. nothing.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right because mens churches are not part of His body, only people are. Thanks for correcting me. Like is says

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

and this

1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

that why catholics are catholics mormans are mormans JWs are JWs because you are all divided by doctrine and religion, nothing to do with God. nothing.

And this post sums up why you remain a prisonor of your private tribe.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And this post sums up why you remain a prisonor of your private tribe.
NAh you missed the last bit

When people see you they think "cathlolic", BOL, Catholism, they are supposed to see " Christ". but the trouble with religion as I said before,

How dare you follow after Christ as He said, How dare you believe Christ, How dare you be led by the spirit, How dare you not join My church,as JEsus put it

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

and

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

you are a catholic you follow the catholic doctrines its laws its rules its hierarchy it pope, thats what catholics do, again,

Mat_23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

so i liek a few here will follow after Christ, if you dont want to follow Him fine that is your choice, follow your religion is not that where your heart is.

Mat_6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

my treasure is in Christ, where is yours??

and you are beginning to sound like BOL better stop reading his posts.,

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NAh you missed the last bit

When people see you they think "cathlolic", BOL, Catholism, they are supposed to see " Christ". but the trouble with religion as I said before,

How dare you follow after Christ as He said, How dare you believe Christ, How dare you be led by the spirit, How dare you not join My church,as JEsus put it

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

and

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

you are a catholic you follow the catholic doctrines its laws its rules its hierarchy it pope, thats what catholics do, again,

Mat_23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

so i liek a few here will follow after Christ, if you dont want to follow Him fine that is your choice, follow your religion is not that where your heart is.

Mat_6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

my treasure is in Christ, where is yours??

and you are beginning to sound like BOL better stop reading his posts.,

You seem to be mistaking BOL for someone in authority - who cares what BOL says about his church? It’s his opinion. Frankly, i view you guys as mirror images of people who are blinded by your pov. His tribe is catholicism - yours is the tribe of private interpretation. BOL’s tribe has over a billion members - yours has one. Neither matter because they are both tribal.

Fact is MJR, I see the similarities and ignore the differences - you seem to be caught up in the differences. You are tribal because you see the catorgories and are invested in the game of pantsing other tribal people - as if they are going to listen. BOL’s entire identity is tied up in his Catholic tribe based on the differences between himself and whoever he is arguing with. Notice, he doesn’t talk with other Catholics - he feels special and more Catholic arguing with other tribes.

So do you define your tribe by differences between yourself and other Christians or similarities? If you are running around testing people to see if they belong to your tribe based on how biblical they are or whatever criteria you test with, you are acting tribal.

Christ calls us to love others - that is it. We can choose to love each other in many different ways. We are supposed to have love in common.