Why I reject Karma and Reincarnation as a Born Again Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Seems strange when someone supports the Catholic Church but doesn't adhere to their teachings.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
twinc said:
this would of course apply to you and not to me - even blaspheming by claiming inspiration via the H/S that Jesus said 'we must be born again' - twinc
Now, there's an intelligent response . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
Seems strange when someone supports the Catholic Church but doesn't adhere to their teachings.
Who is doing that?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
what are you talking about - born again is a Protestant money making scam - wincam

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
twinc said:
what are you talking about - born again is a Protestant money making scam - wincam
wincam? I think you've forgotten which forum you are on twinc. :rolleyes:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think what Paul says is a much more obvious reference to reincarnation, i.e. "the new creature in Christ", "a new creation"' also "what is flesh is flesh, what is spirit is spirit" This indicates a completely new spiritual creature rather than the old creation that cannot sustain itself into or through eternity. Jeremiah and Ezekiel both talk about God putting a new heart into mankind with similar results. The bible also talks about "the world that then was", and "the world that is to come" which indicates that there are at least three incarnations of the world as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7angels said:
i was going to say a similar thing. it all comes down to how you define things and at what angle you look at things. Jesus theoretically was reincarnated from God to man and again from man to God. man was reincarnated from our sin nature to God's nature(the bible tells us we are new creatures). don't get prejudiced against something just because you don't see truth in it. the devil cannot create anything but instead twists and corrupts what God created for his own use. so doesn't that mean that somewhere in karma and reincarnation there has to be truth in there somewhere? God calls people who tell the future prophets and satan calls them seers. same thing but from 2 different kingdoms. i hope this helps you.

God bless

shnarkle said:
Good points! Yes, I've often thought in these same terms as well. God incarnates Himself as the creator(to manifest is to incarnate, no?), then through His creative power incarnate the creation, then as a man who then becomes an offering for sin(this, too is a sort of incarnation as well, no?). He then ceases to exist altogether, or perhaps it isn't that he ceases to exist, but that he empties himself completely. What better way to illustrate this than with an empty tomb? What do we see then? Do we see the absence of his presence, or the presence of his absence? How much more reincarnated can one be that one's closest friends don't even recognize him?
I do think that the Christian view of reality takes reincarnation so much farther though. It takes it to a point where the incarnation is within God Himself and God is within the incarnation. The Father is in the Son, the Son is in us and we in him to the point that All is in all.
perceptive reflections there guys, ty.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
all is not in all - God and His creation are separate and heaven and earth will pass away but God will not - twinc

perceptive reflections there guys, ty.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"God and His creation are separate?" Hmm. Then "Who told you that you were naked?" likely points to the separation, imo.

Are we expecting to grow wheat without chaff?

While i certainly agree that God is independent of Creation, to state that God is separated from it might lead to the wrong characterization imo.