Why is Mary blessed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women.

why is Mary declared blessed in this verse?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite obvious I would think. The angel brought great news to Mary. Mary, the wife of Joseph was singled out to be used by our gracious YHWH to create Yahshua, his Son and our Savior. What an honor and a great blessing, unique among other women.

Bless you,

APAK

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that blessed is in verse 45 & 48

But She was declared “blessed” before She consented to be the mother of the savior.

so why was She blessed?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women.

‘full of grace’ ‘the Lord is with thee.’

Matthew 5:3-9 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [4] Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. [5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. [6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [7] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. [9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Reactions: Spurgeon's Girl

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that blessed is in verse 45 & 48

But She was declared “blessed” before She consented to be the mother of the savior.

so why was She blessed?
I don't really know your point here. I thought it was obvious. The is no other hidden reason for Mary being blessed by YHWH.
If you are trying to show when/where in Luke, Mary is called 'Blessed,' and that it means something hidden and significant, then please let me know what you think it is..
Luke 1:28 Mary is called 'highly favored' or blessed
Luke 1:30 Mary is favored by YHWH
In verse 42 Elizabeth says Mary is blessed among other women. Elizabeth was filled with the Spirit and her words were of the Spirit (YHWH)
In verse 45 Mary is again spoken of as being blessed.
In verse 48 in Mary's song again says she is blessed.

So what is the connection according to you about Mary being blessed and her consenting to be blessed as the mother of Yahshua? Where in scripture do you think Mary consents/ed to be the mother of Yahshua?
What is your point here?

Thanks

APAK

Reactions: DNB

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith
well let me go ahead and answer what I already believe you want answered for this thread...

Did Mary have a choice in accepting YHWH's plan, through Mary, for our Saviour? And that also means to also be blessed or not, depending on her decision.
Did YHWH already know she (Mary) would agree and yield her own will in making or communicating this heartfelt and mental decision?

The answer to both of these questions is yes! YHWH does not bless ANYONE in vain. He already knows the hearts of men. His grace (in this case of Mary) is more specific and given as he pleases based on man's decisions.

Don't want to open another can of worms so I will briefly qualify the use of grace here.

There are free gifts of grace given or made available by YHWH and also via his Son to all men regardless of their life and spiritual life and decisions. This grace provides even for the most vile person a life undeserved.

Now there is type grace that comes with a blessing and is much more specific in nature and must be accepted by men to be realized or activated. YHWH does not force grace for salvation for example, on anyone if they refuse to accept it.

APAK

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the first declaration of Blessed is connected to “full of grace” or that it is an indication of Her immaculate conception!

reference Lk 1:49! Also For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

things (pleural) one is the immaculate conception the other is the Holy Spirit vs 35

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She consented to our salvation in vs 38

I would reconsider what you wrote. You have taken extreme liberty in implying that Mary gave mankind salvation and not really YHWH. I hope you do not consider Mary equal with YHWH and his Son. Maybe you do, and maybe this is what you really had in mind for this thread from the start. If this is the case, you are treading on shaking ground. You really are mocking YHWH in your statement that speaks volumes about you as a believer. As if YHWH was ignorant and nervous of not knowing what Mary would do or say in advance and he was praying she would accept his offer. Or to believe that salvation hung in the balance for mankind, waiting on Mary's decision. This is blasphemy.

Do you have courage to explain yourself here?

APAK

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the first declaration of Blessed is connected to “full of grace” or that it is an indication of Her immaculate conception!

reference Lk 1:49! Also For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

things (pleural) one is the immaculate conception the other is the Holy Spirit vs 35
You must be a idol-worshipping believer. One that uses scripture to support your pagan ways. Sad

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can be worshiped! Adoration! only the most Holy Trinity!

As eve cooperated in the fall of man it is fitting that Mary cooperated in our salvation, after all she is the mother of our savior, and the mother of our salvation!

you tell me what Lk 1:49 is refering to?

God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!

read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
In the ark was the word of God!
in Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven!
Bethlehem means house to of bread!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why was Mary so "favored" by God if she was just a common sinner as protestants profess?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As eve cooperated in the fall of man it is fitting that Mary cooperated in our salvation, after all she is the mother of our savior, and the mother of our salvation!
Mary cooperated in our salvation? Mary was a unique and blessed instrument of God, but do you really believe that she understood what salvation through her Son--God the Son-- meant before He was born? She is the mother of our Savior, and as His mother should be highly respected, but she is not the mother of our salvation, which is through Jesus Christ alone.

Jesus Christ alone took our stripes on His back. He alone took our sins in His own body on the cross. He alone died and was raised from the dead and He lives forevermore to make intercession for us....

1 Peter 2:21-25-- For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Hebrews 7:23-25-- The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing, but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently. Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why was Mary so "favored" by God if she was just a common sinner as protestants profess?
Because she was not a common Sinner in fact. She was Pure in heart !
She was chosen and she said yes to Gods will.
Now many claim that she was a nothing picked out in random ? no ! she was the one, God knows who he comes for, but then again he asks of their free will, he never demands it.
It's just like a vocation she consented too, not a job like others may claim.
All true Priest have a calling, you do not take such on as a job, such is a vocation to the end.

As to the excessive Mary devotion some RCC do, that's just nothing but religious dribble and nothing to do with Christ Jesus, such rubbish is typical of they who are only religious, no religion never saved anyone. only Christ Jesus Saves.
Mary does not save, She is a Saint.
Saints be praised ! yes praised as such they give us strength in our life. we seen them struggle and like wise we take on the challenge with such strength and determination, come hell or high water.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because she was not a common Sinner in fact. She was Pure in heart !
She was chosen and she said yes to Gods will.
Now many claim that she was a nothing picked out in random ? no ! she was the one, God knows who he comes for, but then again he asks of their free will, he never demands it.
It's just like a vocation she consented too, not a job like others may claim.
All true Priest have a calling, you do not take such on as a job, such is a vocation to the end.

As to the excessive Mary devotion some RCC do, that's just nothing but religious dribble and nothing to do with Christ Jesus, such rubbish is typical of they who are only religious, no religion never saved anyone. only Christ Jesus Saves.
Mary does not save, She is a Saint.
Saints be praised ! yes praised as such they give us strength in our life. we seen them struggle and like wise we take on the challenge with such strength and determination, come hell or high water.

My guess is that Mary never sinned. God spoke of her after Adam and Eve disobeyed him. God planned for Mary to be the mother of our savior. I think it's highly unlikely that God would have chosen an imperfect woman to carry and raise his prized and perfect son. Surely, Mary was blessed, pure, and free of sin, or so I believe.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

well of course she will become the mom of the son of God christ jesus

And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

she is blessed among women
but women/men who listen and keeps the LORD God's commandments are more blessed

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So ordinary Christians are more blessed than Mary?
He is referring to Luke 11:28, which is actually a reference to the mother of Jesus:
Luke 11:27-28

As he said these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, “Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts at which you nursed!”
But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

This is precisely what Mary did.