Why Is Raising The Dead So Rare These Days ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good answer, Shirley!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The OT was "Why Is Raising The Dead So Rare These Days ?"

It isn't rare....it happens in Third World Countries all the time. It seems to be rare, only in the western world.
However, I would like to share a story here about my friend which I have previously shared on another forum....

My friends husband is well known in my area for helping young people get into work and has a vocational progamme that runs through the school and other work agencies.
His main training area, centers on forestry and he was out one time with a group of students teaching them how to fell a tree with a chainsaw. For some unknown reason, the tree that he was felling went into the opposite direction of the cut and he was hit by it.

An ambulance was called and he was diagnosed as being dead from the impact.
His wife, my friend, was called and she arrived just before they were going to take him away to the local hospital morgue. She asked them to move aside and they did....She then began to speak in tongues and lift her hands before the Lord. [Romans 8:26]
...no-one dared move as they allowed her to continue...with tears streaming down her face my friend continued to speak in tongues...suddenly her husband began to stir and then cough and his eyes opened.
It was a miracle! my friend said to her husband..."and where do you think you were going? we have work to do." Lol!

My friends husband was checked out and had no injuries to be seen. He is now back in the workforce, doing what he does best...The amazing thing about the story was the impact it had on the emergency staff. Some have now joined the body of believers and yes God still does miracles today and "it is the Holy Spirit that raises the dead according to the will of God."

Hallelujah!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
just think about how many Doctors are available for poor people in remote areas or how little they have compared to the West and then consider what else is available to them under these circumstances. God is all some folks have.... Imagine the miracles under such conditions when the only thing one has is faith in God and the power of prayer! Hallelujah!

Blessings!!!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
So what in your estimation constitutes a person being a man of God? Like beliefs?

We are recognized by the Spirit, the fruit, the love for each other... Whatever you call it, it constitutes one and the same.

It is a religious spirit which teaches we are saved by beliefs. This is the same as teaching the letter of the law, and carries death with it. But the Spirit gives life... The reason so many today walk according to beliefs and according to denomination is because the church is not alive and full of the Spirit.

When the Spirit is present, it acts as a sword. It sets mother against daughter... In other words, it sets those who are spiritual against those who are religious... In the church! And it makes two churches, the true one, persecuted by the false one.

In Jesus' time, it made two bodies of Jews, the christian ones (or Nazarites, they were called), and the Pharisees, Saduccees, etc who persecute the Nazarites.

When the church is once again alive, when revival comes, the same will happen again.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is alive, truly in Christ for God knows us before we know Him. Revival is a state of being, which can be personal. It starts with self submittal which is prayer. I like to pray for obedience, love, and wisdom. I know through these three I can gain knowledge. With knowledge comes power, yet all the might belongs to the LORD, for I give glory to Him.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No person raises the dead....it is always God who works through the person....it is not about us! I tend to believe that people are spiritually raised from the dead everyday.....whether they are physically brought to life is up to God and often explain away medically anyway.

We are no longer able to appreciate this miracle as it was intended to be appreciated in the NT. Look at the zombie cases in the Carribean .........people appeared dead and were buried only to be dug up a day later and revived - all explained by the use of puffer fish poison by witch doctors.

We have lost the ability to be amazed by mystery. We are trapped in our heads - slaves to reason.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
No person raises the dead....it is always God who works through the person....it is not about us! I tend to believe that people are spiritually raised from the dead everyday.....whether they are physically brought to life is up to God and often explain away medically anyway.

We are no longer able to appreciate this miracle as it was intended to be appreciated in the NT. Look at the zombie cases in the Carribean .........people appeared dead and were buried only to be dug up a day later and revived - all explained by the use of puffer fish poison by witch doctors.

We have lost the ability to be amazed by mystery. We are trapped in our heads - slaves to reason.

Amen and Amen

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The church is alive, truly in Christ for God knows us before we know Him. Revival is a state of being, which can be personal. It starts with self submittal which is prayer. I like to pray for obedience, love, and wisdom. I know through these three I can gain knowledge. With knowledge comes power, yet all the might belongs to the LORD, for I give glory to Him.

Yes, revival is in a sense personal, and happens now, and all the time.

But when we talk about the church as a whole, accross the whole world, it is not alive. Where are the Paul's, the Peter's?

I have no doubt God still has his people, and his men, but at what level we are functioning as a body is a different story... We don't see great unity in the Spirit...Rather we see faction after faction after faction, division on top of division on top of division....

But the time will come, I believe... :)

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are Paul's in China, and the Middle East, and India, and Africa. There are those who are doing great work in Universities or small hometown churches. I do agree there will be a time where division is ended, the Lord's day.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
There are Paul's in China, and the Middle East, and India, and Africa. There are those who are doing great work in Universities or small hometown churches. I do agree there will be a time where division is ended, the Lord's day.

I believe there will be a time before that... A time where the bride is made without spot or wrinkle, just before his coming, and then many will have to die for their testimony... :)

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
The power to raise the dead is still existant. The Holy Spirit still dwells in the believer, Jesus Christ still reigns as King!, God resurrected Jesus and we shall be resurrected when He returns! So yes through the exousia and dunamis power of the Holy Spirit and in Jesus name we can raise the dead but most of all our resurrection is promised and coming!

"Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." (Colossians 2:12)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also think the definition of dead has changed since the time of Christ. Many people who are injured severely today who have been considered dead back then. Doctors raise the dead everyday - we just think of it as a result of the doctor or medicine, when it is really God.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah!!!!! Why is it that liberals always assume anyone alive before them was some sort of backwards jerkwater hick that did not know the difference between injured and dead??? That is so arrogant it is hilarious!!!!!!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah!!!!! Why is it that liberals always assume anyone alive before them was some sort of backwards jerkwater hick that did not know the difference between injured and dead??? That is so arrogant it is hilarious!!!!!!

I never said anything about people being "hicks" during the time of Jesus. If you cannot see how far medicine has come during the past century, let alone the past 2,000 years, you need to open your eyes.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's see what Wiggles taught/believed:

He believed God promised physical wholeness in this life.
He believed Christians could speak things into existence.
He believed signs and wonders ALWAYS followed the preaching of the Gospel.
He believed that all sickness was from the devil and taught against all medicine.
He believed we could be sinlessly perfect in this lifetime.
He believed he could pray over a hanky and have that piece of cloth shipped to a sick person and they would be restored.
He believed that Christ was not fully God until after his temptation.

So, no, in my estimation he was NOT a man of God, nor did he speak on God's behalf nor did he wield ANY spiritual gift, much less the gifts he purported to sell to his unsuspecting followers.

He could be accused of being a disciple of Christ for this!

Also if the power to raise the dead is no longer in existence than we are all doomed to rot in our tombs!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
No I said the Gift of the Holy spirit to raise the dead is extinct during the church age, not that somehow God automagically lost His ability to raise the dead. Come on, man, if your going to set up strawmen at least put some thought into it first.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
The Holy Spirit is the gift we get when we surrender to God! God does whatever he can through us when we walk in the Spirit letting him do his work! Any of the gifts can be and are activated by the Spirit when the Spirit wants! We are called to let the Spirit work through us any way he wants. Don't put God into a religious box so that he can not work! Believe Gods word! Learn it, speak it, and let the Spirit work. We need to wake UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be children and believe the word and do it! If Christ is in you then nothing is impossible! We need to get our ego's out of the way so we really act like children of God! God would do so many more miracles if we believed the WORD of GOD!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
The Holy Spirit is the gift we get when we surrender to God! God does whatever he can through us when we walk in the Spirit letting him do his work! Any of the gifts can be and are activated by the Spirit when the Spirit wants!

If you had stopped there you would have been the first person here to actually understand what a spiritual gift is! But you didn't, but you're close.

The Gift of the Spirit is something GIVEN to the believer, for us to USE (to activate to use your words) whenever we wish. That is how the Gift of Raising the Dead worked in the New Testament. But we don't see anyone raising the dead on a whim (using the Gift of the Holy Spirit) because that particular gift is extinct (for now).

I am not placing the Holy Spirit in a box, I simply refuse to be wooed by those who are still suckling at the teet about things of the Spirit but insist on puffing up their own works and self righteousness before man.

When someone is raised from the dead today it is not from a Spiritual Gift a particular person has, that raising of the dead individual proceeds through the direct action of God, initiated by Him, through the vessel HE chooses. That vessel no more has the power of the Holy Spirit to raise the dead than a tree has in solving differential equations.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had stopped there you would have been the first person here to actually understand what a spiritual gift is! But you didn't, but you're close.

The Gift of the Spirit is something GIVEN to the believer, for us to USE (to activate to use your words) whenever we wish. That is how the Gift of Raising the Dead worked in the New Testament. But we don't see anyone raising the dead on a whim (using the Gift of the Holy Spirit) because that particular gift is extinct (for now).

I am not placing the Holy Spirit in a box, I simply refuse to be wooed by those who are still suckling at the teet about things of the Spirit but insist on puffing up their own works and self righteousness before man.

When someone is raised from the dead today it is not from a Spiritual Gift a particular person has, that raising of the dead individual proceeds through the direct action of God, initiated by Him, through the vessel HE chooses. That vessel no more has the power of the Holy Spirit to raise the dead than a tree has in solving differential equations.

I think you have mistaken the power of the HS with a jinn for your own use. You are reducing Christianity to magic. The HS uses us, we do not use Him.