Why Is Raising The Dead So Rare These Days ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
We have the power and authority from the Most High God to do this, we just need to learn to walk in that authority and power...
Do you think walking in authority is enough or do we need to be empowered with Special Faith and/or the Working of Miracles ?

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Did Jesus tell the disciples to go pray for healing or to go heal the sick, cast out demons and raise the dead...As a disciple of Christ Jesus, we are to do that, not think we need special gifts or special faith...after all. as a child of the Most High, you carry the same authority as Jesus Christ did, He is in You and if He is in You and You are in Him...We just do it...Nothing special just the authority He has given us...We just ask Him to heal or we ask Him to raise the dead..it is then up to Him to do so...or we can just command the sick to be healed and the dead to raise by the power and authority He gave us...

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Did Jesus tell the disciples to go pray for healing or to go heal the sick, cast out demons and raise the dead...As a disciple of Christ Jesus, we are to do that, not think we need special gifts or special faith...after all. as a child of the Most High, you carry the same authority as Jesus Christ did, He is in You and if He is in You and You are in Him...We just do it...Nothing special just the authority He has given us...We just ask Him to heal or we ask Him to raise the dead..it is then up to Him to do so...or we can just command the sick to be healed and the dead to raise by the power and authority He gave us...
Very good points...now, If one uses his authority in Christ to raise the dead and they remain dead, I assume that either it was'nt God's will or the person did'nt have enough faith special or other wise...Have you ever had the experience of raising the dead ? I also think how a person is living has alot to do with whether or not God will use them in any capacity, much less raising the dead.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I agree with tommy... The gift of raising the dead (if it ever was a true gift) is no longer extant as a Christian Spiritual Gift.

Now, let me add this VERY IMPORTANT CAVEAT!!!

A Spiritual Gift is a gift from the Holy Spirit that the individual Christian possess in either of two ways:

1) The gift is inherent and is automatically ON for the believer (such as organization, or discernment) That is to say, this type of Gift is PASSIVE in nature.

2) The gift is one that is used VOLITIONALLY and is always successful when exercised (such as mercy or teaching). That is to say, this type of Gift is ACTIVE in nature.

There is not one Christian alive today who can, at the exercise of their own free will, raise someone from the dead. ANY Christian can petition the Lord for HIM to raise that person, and it is up to Him if He so wills. But as a Spiritual Gift, with the above definitions, NO ONE POSSESS the ability to raise the dead.

Reactions: Angelina

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This great act is done by God, not the one doing it. Look up Smith Wigglesworth.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a pastor say that he raises the dead every Sunday morning... Well, that was said a long time ago... These days we need someone to raise our dead pastors every Sunday morning!

Wigglesworth... An un-educated plumber... Had no better sense then to send himself places broke, unknown and unsponsered, And also had no better sense then to following the teachings of Christ and make his requests known to the Father in Jesus name!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oUM6WphESo

Reactions: Angelina

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I would like to thank everyo
Faith as small as a mustard seed is all it takes..and if God raises the dead or not is His decision alone
Faith as small as a mustard seed is all it takes..and if God raises the dead or not is His decision alone
Faith as small as a mustard seed is all it takes..and if God raises the dead you or not is His decision alone
Thank you Shep for all of your very insightful comments. I have always wondered about this topic and why it is'nt being done more. Now I understand it a little better. Thank you and God Bless.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Glad to assist in anyway, read the word of God on raising the dead

Matt.10:
7 As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.'
8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Romans 4:
17 As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed--the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA

Matt.10:
8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Romans 4:
17 As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed--the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.
Thanks Shep...I have always known that no human-being can raise the dead, God does that as He wills and through whom He wills. The point that I was trying to make is that the Church does'nt even seem to be availing itself to be used in this way; which is evident in how quick we are to bury people. Raising the dead was not only specific to Smith Wigglesworth...he just made himself available to God. We should, like you said, walk in our God-given authority. However, there are other things to consider like : maybe the person does'nt want to come back after seeing a glimpse of Heaven and maybe the person calling them back is doing so with wrong motives and as I mentioned before (with a sinful life-style). And finally, it has to be God's will. The reason for this topic is to get people thinking about what is possible.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I just recently looked up Wigglesworth due to Rocky's posts. After that I found a minister called Curry Blake who leads John G Lake ministries. In all my life I did not know that God still raised the dead and I was so excited to hear about it. I was taught that God no longer passed out the Spirit the way he did for the disciples. They sure did not teach that. The Bible sure does not teach that. How horrible for Jesus that most of his so called ministers say that God will not Give the power of the Spirit to us any more. I am so happy to have found out that all of the promises in God's word are good forever! All we need to do is believe! The reason why Christians are so sick and stay that way is because we have been taught wrong. We have been taught not to believe God's word's. If there are no gifts of healing and miracles any more then there are no gifts for teaching and preaching either. I for one am believing the bible and am done believing the theology teachers. Head knowledge can really stifle God's work.
I have never been so encouraged in all my life. God is not sitting up there with a big stick, saying obey ten thousand rules and I'm not activating my Spirit any more. Believers are supposed to be laying hands on the sick so God can heal them. We don't receive because we don't ask and so few really believe. Well HalleluYAH i believe! Send me LORD!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I just recently looked up Wigglesworth due to Rocky's posts. After that I found a minister called Curry Blake who leads John G Lake ministries. In all my life I did not know that God still raised the dead and I was so excited to hear about it. I was taught that God no longer passed out the Spirit the way he did for the disciples. They sure did not teach that. The Bible sure does not teach that. How horrible for Jesus that most of his so called ministers say that God will not Give the power of the Spirit to us any more. I am so happy to have found out that all of the promises in God's word are good forever! All we need to do is believe! The reason why Christians are so sick and stay that way is because we have been taught wrong. We have been taught not to believe God's word's. If there are no gifts of healing and miracles any more then there are no gifts for teaching and preaching either. I for one am believing the bible and am done believing the theology teachers. Head knowledge can really stifle God's work.
I have never been so encouraged in all my life. God is not sitting up there with a big stick, saying obey ten thousand rules and I'm not activating my Spirit any more. Believers are supposed to be laying hands on the sick so God can heal them. We don't receive because we don't ask and so few really believe. Well HalleluYAH i believe! Send me LORD!
Dear Shirley, I rejoice with you as you go forth in the power of the Holy Ghost !!!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Matt.10:

Romans 4:

A different dispensation.