Why is the bible so murky and confusing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
The confusion and ambiguity in bible is like walking in Labyrinths of our own mind, you need to trust your heart to be able to find a way out. Only those with these criteria will find a way out (Psalms 24).
Because God will never let him deceived by evil peoples. Evil people will become more savage if they'd lost in religion because in the Labyrinths of their own mind being trapped in anger and impatience which is the fuel for the devil to take over their will.
But they will be saved after they had perish of their flesh. Our body is a vessel of the spirits, so, guard your body from any fleshy sins that will make them defile. Our body is a temple of Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:18-20), keep them clean from any lust since a kid because a tiny fleshy desire will be used by the devil as a way in to snare our will with repetitive sinful habits.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The confusion and ambiguity in bible is like walking in Labyrinths of our own mind, you need to trust your heart to be able to find a way out. Only those with these criteria will find a way out (Psalms 24).
Because God will never let him deceived by evil peoples. Evil people will become more savage if they'd lost in religion because in the Labyrinths of their own mind being trapped in anger and impatience which is the fuel for the devil to take over their will.
But they will be saved after they had perish of their flesh. Our body is a vessel of the spirits, so, guard your body from any fleshy sins that will make them defile. Our body is a temple of Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:18-20), keep them clean from any lust since a kid because a tiny fleshy desire will be used by the devil as a way in to snare our will with repetitive sinful habits.

Sounds simple enough. Can you give us a detailed interpretation of the Book of Revelations?

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Sounds simple enough. Can you give us a detailed interpretation of the Book of Revelations?
Why should I rewrite them one by one ? Its already spread over to all the topics in this forum.
The source of all sins are curiousity, if Eve didn't curiousity with the tree knowledge of good & evil then they did not had sins, did they ?
Our mind is the gate into our heart, don't polute your heart with curiosity.

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will take your word for it. I m reading a book at the moment "Understanding the Times" and the authors go into marxism; modernism; post modernism; secularism; islam; christianity and old uncle Tom Cobley and all. Talk about brain drain. My head is in a right spin. How people believe some of the rubbish they believe is beyond my comprehesion.

This is a very interesting point, and the answer is the nature of linear life. We walk one path, good or bad, with its consequences. We gain or come with emotional and intellectual perspectives which literally dictate what we will accept or reject. Now these can be absurd and stupid, literally, or wise and balanced. It has taken me time to realise with these filters, what makes no sense to the facts, makes perfect sense emotionally from the perspective people arise. So racism, hatred, bigotry fits certain social contexts, while a liberal, nothing really matters works for another.

When you see the emotional perspective actually rules all, you begin to see the lie that we are neutral, none emotional creatures of sensible positions, when the opposite is actually true, we are unstable, easily worried and anxious folk who do literally everything to steady the ship, if we can.

To keep the ship working and stable and find life in Jesus is the miracle of salvation. God bless you

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
This is a very interesting point, and the answer is the nature of linear life. We walk one path, good or bad, with its consequences. We gain or come with emotional and intellectual perspectives which literally dictate what we will accept or reject. Now these can be absurd and stupid, literally, or wise and balanced. It has taken me time to realise with these filters, what makes no sense to the facts, makes perfect sense emotionally from the perspective people arise. So racism, hatred, bigotry fits certain social contexts, while a liberal, nothing really matters works for another.

When you see the emotional perspective actually rules all, you begin to see the lie that we are neutral, none emotional creatures of sensible positions, when the opposite is actually true, we are unstable, easily worried and anxious folk who do literally everything to steady the ship, if we can.

To keep the ship working and stable and find life in Jesus is the miracle of salvation. God bless you
Yup, this happens to all priests and preachers. All mankind are all the same.
Wisdom makes mankind fall into judgement to others.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ten commandments is straightforward. Many of Jesus' commands are too. But much of it is very convoluted, as evidenced by the debates here on interpretations.

Why did God make it this way?
I think we are convoluted, not the Bible.

We begin to read it with presupposition, then tweak it to say what we think it should say.

The invention of hundreds of modern versions and thousands of closet Greek scholars is also evidence of that.

Here is the bullet proof solution:

Just get your KJV, ...start with the gospels.... then after believing, ...obey Acts(2:38 etc),... then the Epistles all apply to you.

It is just that easy.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should I rewrite them one by one ? Its already spread over to all the topics in this forum.
The source of all sins are curiousity, if Eve didn't curiousity with the tree knowledge of good & evil then they did not had sins, did they ?

That's what I thought.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ten commandments is straightforward. Many of Jesus' commands are too. But much of it is very convoluted, as evidenced by the debates here on interpretations.

This is not unique to the Bible. Finding the right interpretation takes effort, and the farther back in time the text was written, the more work is involved. But it isn't impossible, especially with the many Bible helps we have available.

The presence of disparate interpretations can be understood once we take into account the effort required. Some folks jump to conclusions, while others do the hard work required. Some even have flashes of insight, which can be the result of a brilliant mind or inspiration from the Holy Spirit.

In any case, men and women of good will, committed to the truth can help each other find the correct interpretation. The process takes both humility and practice. I want to emphasize that coming to the correct meaning of a text takes practice and we are all subject to mistakes. God doesn't mind if we make mistakes; he knows that we will make mistakes -- he is very forgiving. Therefore, we should afford each other the same room to think for ourselves and make mistakes and learn by doing.

Help each other. Learn from each other. Keep the faith in your heart and your mind. And practice.

Reactions: DNB and K9Buck

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not unique to the Bible. Finding the right interpretation takes effort, and the farther back in time the text was written, the more work is involved. But it isn't impossible, especially with the many Bible helps we have available.

The presence of disparate interpretations can be understood once we take into account the effort required. Some folks jump to conclusions, while others do the hard work required. Some even have flashes of insight, which can be the result of a brilliant mind or inspiration from the Holy Spirit.

In any case, men and women of good will, committed to the truth can help each other find the correct interpretation. The process takes both humility and practice. I want to emphasize that coming to the correct meaning of a text takes practice and we are all subject to mistakes. God doesn't mind if we make mistakes; he knows that we will make mistakes -- he is very forgiving. Therefore, we should afford each other the same room to think for ourselves and make mistakes and learn by doing.

Help each other. Learn from each other. Keep the faith in your heart and your mind. And practice.

Thank you and well said.

One doesn't need to be a theologian to go to Heaven.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In any case, men and women of good will, committed to the truth can help each other find the correct interpretation. The process takes both humility and practice. I want to emphasize that coming to the correct meaning of a text takes practice and we are all subject to mistakes.

This part right here...
I like it!
The Good Lord knows that I've made my share.

Reactions: K9Buck

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

In one context, I personally believe that the discretion is by design, and that to God's wisdom and glory.
One can create a dichotomy very quickly when true wisdom is spoken in a room. The proud and foolish will be bewildered and mock, while the humble and prudent will gain understanding and be grateful. Jesus spoke in parables deliberately in order to cause a division between the faithful and faithless.

Outside of the didactic nature of the Torah and the Levitical Law, God has deliberately employed a profundity and cryptography to His Word, in both written and spoken mediums, in order to attract the insightful, and expose the dull and imprudent. Even the principle of faith, the means towards salvation, as intangible and unquantifiable as it is, elicits criticism from those who lack depth, but reverence and awe from those who understand its complexity and profundity.
And plus, 40 different authors, writing over the course of 1500 years, in different cultural & historical settings, and different dispensations, is guaranteed to produce errors in understanding with just a cursory reading, and no introduction.

But again, I do believe that predominantly, God has hidden His Word from the arrogant and hateful, and that by their own volition and lack of discernment, and revealed it to the humble and wise. To the point that I would emphatically state, beware of those who say otherwise, who claim that the Bible is straight-forward and that the means to understand it is simple, they are invariably the worst exegetes, for sure!

Matthew 11:25-25
11:25. At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.

Mark 4:10-12
4:10. As soon as He was alone, His followers, along with the twelve, began asking Him about the parables. 11. And He was saying to them, "To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but those who are outside get everything in parables, 12. so that WHILE SEEING, THEY MAY SEE AND NOT PERCEIVE, AND WHILE HEARING, THEY MAY HEAR AND NOT UNDERSTAND, OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT RETURN AND BE FORGIVEN."

Proverbs 23:9-9
23:9. Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Proverbs 1:7-7
1:7. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I will take your word for it. I m reading a book at the moment "Understanding the Times" and the authors go into marxism; modernism; post modernism; secularism; islam; christianity and old uncle Tom Cobley and all. Talk about brain drain. My head is in a right spin. How people believe some of the rubbish they believe is beyond my comprehesion.
shouldnt be too hard to see how isms manifest, as the inevitable result of the Hegelian dialectic. It will i guess always result in "two choices," as in our politics, and etc
Why is it never three, one might ask. When all you are presented with is two choices, beware imo. Take the third choice every time

Reactions: marksman and DNB

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
a great hegelian perspective, imo, ty

understand why the publicans and prostitutes are beating you into the kingdom tho ok
the heart is deceitful, above all things, and beyond cure
dont be curious? cmon bro
prolly better to see that Eve wanted to be wise, like Yah
imo

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been a strong believer and advocate for Christ all of my life, although I am not well versed on the bible. It seems that I have failed your judgment.

This community certainly has a lot of pompous bigots. Let's add "Davey" to the "ignore" list with his equally bigoted comrade "prayer warrior".

Well, there's that attitude I was talking about, definitely not one which is conducive to learning, especially when they claim they aren't well versed on the Bible. The attitude should be to want to listen, and then verify, doing your own homework in God's Word with His help, not attacking others just because you haven't studied like you should have.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte