Why is the bible so murky and confusing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe God made the word the way it is so that we would depend on Him for understanding. God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, not God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Bible." I want to serve God but on my terms." Bad idea. He wants us to learn to trust Him.
When we position ourselves before God with the attitude He wants from us, He will teach us the word He wants us to know at that time. "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." From James 4:6 NLT When we respect and revere God, we are beginning to be wise and teachable. It is wise to respect and revere God.
Being afraid of God can lead to us trying to be more acceptable to God by something other than depending on God's atonement for us. Such as legalism, which is Man trying to be acceptable to God through our own effort. Fear is a word that should seldom be used in the bible. There are times for it but not when we are talking about reverencing God.
God is love. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18 NIV
When people become believers, they often fall into a trap when they strive to stop being sinners. They don't yet understand grace. Been there, done it, didn't want a T-shirt. At best, stifling sin modifies one's behavior. Like 10 garbage cans and 9 lids. Like whack-a-mole, as soon as you hammer one down, another pops up.
Jesus bought us the right to approach the Throne Of Grace in our time of need. He won't reject us because of our sin. If He wanted to do that, He never would've died for us. But He did. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 NIV Thank You, God.
He wants to love us. Everything He does for us comes from this place. He is our perfect Father. Will we allow Him to make us His holy children? Shalom.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God made the word the way it is so that we would depend on Him for understanding. God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, not God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Bible." I want to serve God but on my terms." Bad idea. He wants us to learn to trust Him.
When we position ourselves before God with the attitude He wants from us, He will teach us the word He wants us to know at that time. "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." From James 4:6 NLT When we respect and revere God, we are beginning to be wise and teachable. It is wise to respect and revere God.
Being afraid of God can lead to us trying to be more acceptable to God by something other than depending on God's atonement for us. Such as legalism, which is Man trying to be acceptable to God through our own effort. Fear is a word that should seldom be used in the bible. There are times for it but not when we are talking about reverencing God.
God is love. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18 NIV
When people become believers, they often fall into a trap when they strive to stop being sinners. They don't yet understand grace. Been there, done it, didn't want a T-shirt. At best, stifling sin modifies one's behavior. Like 10 garbage cans and 9 lids. Like whack-a-mole, as soon as you hammer one down, another pops up.
Jesus bought us the right to approach the Throne Of Grace in our time of need. He won't reject us because of our sin. If He wanted to do that, He never would've died for us. But He did. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 NIV Thank You, God.
He wants to love us. Everything He does for us comes from this place. He is our perfect Father. Will we allow Him to make us His holy children? Shalom.

Your quote, "When people become believers, they often fall into a trap when they strive to stop being sinners. They don't yet understand grace. Been there, done it, didn't want a T-shirt. At best, stifling sin modifies one's behavior. Like 10 garbage cans and 9 lids. Like whack-a-mole, as soon as you hammer one down, another pops up."

Are you saying that people shouldn't try to stop sinning? That is the most ridiculous statement regarding being born again, I've ever heard. We will never obtain perfection this side of heaven but it is our duty to spend our lives fighting the spiritual battle within us to be an overcomer regarding sin. The very word "repentance" means to stop what you're doing, turn around and start walking the opposite way from where you were as an unbeliever.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a very interesting point, and the answer is the nature of linear life. We walk one path, good or bad, with its consequences. We gain or come with emotional and intellectual perspectives which literally dictate what we will accept or reject. Now these can be absurd and stupid, literally, or wise and balanced. It has taken me time to realise with these filters, what makes no sense to the facts, makes perfect sense emotionally from the perspective people arise. So racism, hatred, bigotry fits certain social contexts, while a liberal, nothing really matters works for another.

When you see the emotional perspective actually rules all, you begin to see the lie that we are neutral, none emotional creatures of sensible positions, when the opposite is actually true, we are unstable, easily worried and anxious folk who do literally everything to steady the ship, if we can.

To keep the ship working and stable and find life in Jesus is the miracle of salvation. God bless you

I may be saying this tongue in cheek but some of the most stable people earth are autistic. Because the emotional part of their brain does not work as most other people do, they approach things purely from factual evidence. If the evidence is not factual, just a philosophical discussion, and not backed up with concrete evidence they go to sleep very quickly.

As a result, they can sort out the factual from the esoterical very quickly and they can piece together the facts very quickly. They/I are very logical in their studies and will leave no stone unturned to get to the bottom of things.

As I was reading this book and finding out what the New Age, Post Modernism, Secularism, Atheism is, there was a lot of roll of the eyes because of my incredulity that people could believe so many things that have no evidence whatsoever for their claims. It is nothing more than an esoterical thought process on the lines of "I think therefore I am."

Some people say "How can you believe this, that or the other about Christianity?" My reply is that it beats believing all the other esoteric junk that other religions offer you. Christianity offers common sense. The others offer unmitigated nonsense.

Reactions: Truman and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I may be saying this tongue in cheek but some of the most stable people earth are autistic. Because the emotional part of their brain does not work as most other people do, they approach things purely from factual evidence. If the evidence is not factual, just a philosophical discussion, and not backed up with concrete evidence they go to sleep very quickly.

As a result, they can sort out the factual from the esoterical very quickly and they can piece together the facts very quickly. They/I are very logical in their studies and will leave no stone unturned to get to the bottom of things.

As I was reading this book and finding out what the New Age, Post Modernism, Secularism, Atheism is, there was a lot of roll of the eyes because of my incredulity that people could believe so many things that have no evidence whatsoever for their claims. It is nothing more than an esoterical thought process on the lines of "I think therefore I am."

Some people say "How can you believe this, that or the other about Christianity?" My reply is that it beats believing all the other esoteric junk that other religions offer you. Christianity offers common sense. The others offer unmitigated nonsense.
quite interesting to hear you say that, being as how you still believe you might go up to heaven after you have died, right?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Your quote, "When people become believers, they often fall into a trap when they strive to stop being sinners. They don't yet understand grace. Been there, done it, didn't want a T-shirt. At best, stifling sin modifies one's behavior. Like 10 garbage cans and 9 lids. Like whack-a-mole, as soon as you hammer one down, another pops up."

Are you saying that people shouldn't try to stop sinning? That is the most ridiculous statement regarding being born again, I've ever heard. We will never obtain perfection this side of heaven but it is our duty to spend our lives fighting the spiritual battle within us to be an overcomer regarding sin. The very word "repentance" means to stop what you're doing, turn around and start walking the opposite way from where you were as an unbeliever.
ha, does sound funny, huh. But he has a point imo, not saying that you dont too

the battle is supposedly won already, and there is the point that anything you try to not do is kind of impossible? Dont think of an elephant :)

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia

Religion is the place to find peaceful, but many of us are being obsessed of being obedient into the law. This kind of obsession becoming a trap into our self consciousness to becoming the lovely servant of Lord, the psychological trap was called as White Bear Syndrome because we have two branch of a brain that presenting logical thought and imaginary thought. These two branch of the brain itself was represent two thieves between Jesus crucifixion, that's why many scientist were found the term of Amygdala hijack to be able to control other humans and animals as being hypnotised. Hypnotise and mind altering brainwash was used as being weapon in psychological warfare in politics or any kind of business competition where using a repetitive advertisement on tv and it was 24 hours a day the programming are being implant to society as a reminder in our subconscious mind. Satan used false flag propaganda was intended to destroy the rational thinking balance of their victims and to blend the confusion between imaginary and reality, thats why some of psychological warfare was tried to alter their target of being errors in the way of the thinking of their objective victims. The false flag propaganda was being used since Moses (Exodus 23:1-2), and the day Jesus walked the earth (Mark 14:55-59; Acts 6:11-15), and Mahatma Gandhi as an example in the last century.
Because false flag propaganda had always used teraphim as a mediator between attacker and victims, teraphim used the imaginary brain as the main subject reasoning source of divination, that's why they were called as a far right wing of religious people (Ezekiel 21:21; Zechariah 10:2).

Reactions: bbyrd009

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, does sound funny, huh. But he has a point imo, not saying that you dont too

the battle is supposedly won already, and there is the point that anything you try to not do is kind of impossible? Dont think of an elephant :)

While our victory is assured, the battle is far from over. God expects us to wage spiritual warfare on behalf of ourselves and others while on earth. We are to "strive for perfection", not settle for less than our best.

Reactions: K9Buck

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion is the place to find peaceful, but many of us are being obsessed of being obedient into the law. This kind of obsession becoming a trap into our self consciousness to becoming the lovely servant of Lord, the psychological trap was called as White Bear Syndrome because we have two branch of a brain that presenting logical thought and imaginary thought. These two branch of the brain itself was represent two thieves between Jesus crucifixion, that's why many scientist were found the term of Amygdala hijack to be able to control other humans and animals as being hypnotised. Hypnotise and mind altering brainwash was used as being weapon in psychological warfare in politics or any kind of business competition where using a repetitive advertisement on tv and it was 24 hours a day the programming are being implant to society as a reminder in our subconscious mind. Satan used false flag propaganda was intended to destroy the rational thinking balance of their victims and to blend the confusion between imaginary and reality, thats why some of psychological warfare was tried to alter their target of being errors in the way of the thinking of their objective victims. The false flag propaganda was being used since Moses (Exodus 23:1-2), and the day Jesus walked the earth (Mark 14:55-59; Acts 6:11-15), and Mahatma Gandhi as an example in the last century.
Because false flag propaganda had always used teraphim as a mediator between attacker and victims, teraphim used the imaginary brain as the main subject reasoning source of divination, that's why they were called as a far right wing of religious people (Ezekiel 21:21; Zechariah 10:2).

The law has nothing to do w/it. We are to obey Christ and strive to become more like Him. While we will never become sinless, as we mature in Christ we should strive to sin less!

Reactions: K9Buck

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
While our victory is assured, the battle is far from over. God expects us to wage spiritual warfare on behalf of ourselves and others while on earth. We are to "strive for perfection", not settle for less than our best.
ha well, but we are codependent little monkeys who speak as if we know tho eh
The law has nothing to do w/it. We are to obey Christ and strive to become more like Him. While we will never become sinless, as we mature in Christ we should strive to sin less!
not disagreeing ok, but this right-out-of-the-pamphlet stuff is surely flawed, and meant to manifest fear. Why are publicans and whores beating us into the kingdom, iyo? They dont do any of that, do they?

If what you say is true, then why arent we all Puritans?
Dont you think that even if you were "sinless," someone would be complaining anyway?
The law has nothing to do w/it.
lol pls, the law has everything to do with it imo, you are laying down laws left and right, arent you?

the battle is over, the victory already won, according to Scripture, right? As soon as one learns surrender and yielding i guess? See how you have a fight on your hands now, bc you are fighting?

Last edited:

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well, but we are codependent little monkeys who speak as if we know tho eh
not disagreeing ok, but this right-out-of-the-pamphlet stuff is surely flawed, and meant to manifest fear. Why are publicans and whores beating us into the kingdom, iyo? They dont do any of that, do they?

If what you say is true, then why arent we all Puritans?
Dont you think that even if you were sinless, someone would be complaining anyway?

lol pls

the battle is over, the victory already won, according to Scripture, right? As soon as one learns surrender and yielding i guess? See how you have a fight on your hands now, bc you are fighting?

If the battle was over we would have no need of our armor but that is not what the bible teaches. While we are no longer under the law, the law still exists as a guideline for believers. Yes, some churches go overboard w/ legalism but salvation is not a license to sin. If we keep doing everything we used to we aren't letting our old man die so the new man can replace him. Check out these verses. Rom. 12:1-2, 13:13-14, Eph. 6:10-20.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
some good stuff in there, ty :)
never heard the white polar bear thing, in that form anyway

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If the battle was over we would have no need of our armor but that is not what the bible teaches.
it is put as "armor" because you are itching for a fight i guess lol
anyway take it up with whomever wrote "the battle is over" i guess? :)

meanwhile, if you were to describe this "armor" you might see the little trick that is being played there imo; so describe the armor in detail if you would ty
While we are no longer under the law
you are swimming in the law, every time you open your mouth you make a law, no offense meant. I guess you would call the cops if someone was walking on your grass lol
If we keep doing everything we used to we aren't letting our old man die so the new man can replace him.
well i cant disagree there, but i suggest that all you will do is clean the outside of the cup with your current understanding, ok; iow you will not describe the armor in detail, lest it clash with your current understanding, and etc. Jesus is your co-pilot right now, eh? You are still firmly in control iow, still speaking as if you know something, basically deliberately putting a chip on your shoulder? My suggested therapy for that is, go talk to BoL!
narf
but salvation is not a license to sin
sin is the preoccupation of the religious imo; forgiveness, not so much

although i would certainly agree that one would cease taking advantage of others, and etc, and i would give a wide berth to anyone interpreting "i can no longer sin, it is not even possible"

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
little kids "sin" all the time, right; why do they get a pass? The perception of "sin" is just that imo, a perception that we manifest of others, after we eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge, but of course you will never hear that one confess their sins, one to another i guess. The best you will get is the same excuses Adam and Eve used prolly

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is put as "armor" because you are itching for a fight i guess lol
anyway take it up with whomever wrote "the battle is over" i guess? :)

meanwhile, if you were to describe this "armor" you might see the little trick that is being played there imo; so describe the armor in detail if you would ty

you are swimming in the law, every time you open your mouth you make a law, no offense meant. I guess you would call the cops if someone was walking on your grass lol

well i cant disagree there, but i suggest that all you will do is clean the outside of the cup with your current understanding, ok; iow you will not describe the armor in detail, lest it clash with your current understanding, and etc. Jesus is your co-pilot right now, eh? You are still firmly in control iow, still speaking as if you know something, basically deliberately putting a chip on your shoulder? My suggested therapy for that is, go talk to BoL!
narf

sin is the preoccupation of the religious imo; forgiveness, not so much

although i would certainly agree that one would cease taking advantage of others, and etc, and i would give a wide berth to anyone interpreting "i can no longer sin, it is not even possible"

So basically you're saying that you are spiritually crippled because you can't resist temptation so no matter what the devil tempts you to do you must comply and you think that's okay??? You are the one w/ the spiritual problem my friend. Christ isn't called our Captain for nothing. If you're not waging spiritual warfare and speaking out the truth of the word in defense of yourself or others, than Satan already has defeated you. We are not ruled by the law but all the "thou shalt nots" still apply!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't have to live like a religusee (my word lol). "You are my Father, You are my King, You are my Biggest Brother. You are my everything." Peace, joy, and love to you.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So basically you're saying that you are spiritually crippled because you can't resist temptation so no matter what the devil tempts you to do you must comply and you think that's okay?
well, i would want to know "temptation to what?" first, but of course abusing others is something even thoughtful atheists avoid i guess

You are the one w/ the spiritual problem my friend.
ah, didnt mean to infer otherwise, certainly you are right there
Christ isn't called our Captain for nothing. If you're not waging spiritual warfare and speaking out the truth of the word in defense of yourself or others, than Satan already has defeated you. We are not ruled by the law but all the "thou shalt nots" still apply!
so, like i said--which btw i hate saying--you will not describe the armor, doubt you even saw that part, and you are by God gonna drive no matter what yeh? Trekson Knows All
ok
i mean dont get me wrong ok, i forgive you, but i am not interested in a lecture disguised as a conversation, no offense

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You don't have to live like a religusee (my word lol). "You are my Father, You are my King, You are my Biggest Brother. You are my everything." Peace, joy, and love to you.
oh, i guess everyone goes through that phase, the Puritan Phase? That is hard to escape too
im still trying :)

Reactions: Truman