WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not "grouchy" at all - just telling it like it is.

By the way - we're not "compadres". Compadre is a term that is used for a person who is the Godfather of my child or vice versa.
I would only have a Christian as my child's Godparent. Non-Trinitarians aren't Christians by definition.
Howbout folks that baptize in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins?

No chance?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't "sprinkle" babies, Einstein. But, how could I expect a person as ignorant as yourself to know this?

We baptize them by pouring water over the head as prescribed in the first century document, The Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles). If you could find me a verse of Scripture that shows another way - I'm ALL ears. Unfortunately for YOU - there isn't one.

Scripture is SILENT on the method of Baptism . . .
Jesus, when he was baptized, came up straightway out of the water?

Or, the cup of water in John's hand came straightway over his head?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howbout folks that baptize in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins?

No chance?
Jesus Christ said to Baptize in the name of the FATHER and of the SON an d of the HOLY SPIRIT (Matt. 28:19).
Acts 2:38 is simply referring to Baptizing with the Baptism of Jesus - by His Authority.

We've already been over this, sparky.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - Acts 2:38 is absolutely about Trinitarian Baptism,
YOU have perverted it to mean that it is ONLY in the name of Jesus and not the Trinity.

Ummmmmm, we've been through this - don't you remember, Einstein??
Another question.

Did Peter in Acts 2, witness all the babies in Jerusalem crawling up to him and repent to be baptized, or were they all older and willing participants?,

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, when he was baptized, came up straightway out of the water?

Or, the cup of water in John's hand came straightway over his head?
EVERYBODY who goes into a river comes "UP" from it.

Nobody walks "down" out of a river, Einstein . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ said to Baptize in the name of the FATHER and of the SON an d of the HOLY SPIRIT (Matt. 28:19).
Acts 2:38 is simply referring to Baptizing with the Baptism of Jesus - by His Authority.

We've already been over this, sparky.
So, the name of Jesus was never spoken during any water baptism we read about in the book of Acts?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EVERYBODY who goes into a river comes "UP" from it.

Nobody walks "down" out of a river, Einstein . . .
But you think John the Baptist did not immerse, but poured a cup of water on folks, right?

Why take someone into a river to pour a cup on them?

Do you take babies into a river to pour water on them too?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another question.

Did Peter in Acts 2, witness all the babies in Jerusalem crawling up to him and repent to be baptized, or were they all older and willing participants?,
Nope - but YOU always stop at Acts 2:38, instead of continuing to the neXt verse, which says:
Acts 2:39
"For the promise is for you AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

Tell me - how did all those 8-day-old BABIES enter a Covenant with God in the OT??
By the faith of their parents, Einstein. The same is true for the circumcision of Christ, which is BAPTISM.

Stop quoting the bible until you can understand what it is saying . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the name of Jesus was never spoken during any water baptism we read about in the book of Acts?
There is not ONE SINGLE example of a Baptism ceremony in ALL of the NT.
Not ONE example of the words being spoken - not ONE example of HOW the Baptism was performed.

For this - we must rely on Christ's Supreme earthly Authority - His Church (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you think John the Baptist did not immerse, but poured a cup of water on folks, right?
By all means, John probably DID immerse.
We're NOT talking about the Baptism of John, however - but the Baptism of CHRIST, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a PERFECT example of why Sola Sciptura is a man-made farce.
You reject everything that is not explicitly spelled out in Scripture - yet everything you are describing is NOT in Scripture.

You're a living, breathing contradiction, Einstein . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reject everything that is not explicitly spelled out in Scripture - yet everything you are describing is NOT in Scripture.

Exactly.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By all means, John probably DID immerse.
We're NOT talking about the Baptism of John, however - but the Baptism of CHRIST, Einstein . . .
I see.

Jesus commanded a new, easier form of baptism....splashing babies over the head.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not ONE SINGLE example of a Baptism ceremony in ALL of the NT.
Not ONE example of the words being spoken - not ONE example of HOW the Baptism was performed.

For this - we must rely on Christ's Supreme earthly Authority - His Church (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water,...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - but YOU always stop at Acts 2:38, instead of continuing to the neXt verse, which says:
Acts 2:39
"For the promise is for you AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

Tell me - how did all those 8-day-old BABIES enter a Covenant with God in the OT??
By the faith of their parents, Einstein. The same is true for the circumcision of Christ, which is BAPTISM.

Stop quoting the bible until you can understand what it is saying . . .
That promise is the Holy Ghost, not water baptism.

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high...

....and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your rampant paranoia aside – I’m not here to “intimidate” you or anybody else.

My position is simple: Post lies about the Catholic Church – and I will expose them.
It’s that simple. If you don’t want to engage me – then keep your lies to yourself. I’m only here to destroy lies about the Catholic Church. Think of me as the Catholic Terminator.

Remember – it was YOU who initially engaged me – I didn’t come to YOU. I get along with a lot of non-Catholics here because they choose NOT to lie.
The choice is yours – but as I have reminded your anti-Catholic comrade, @Truther – Cod has a Commandment against lying (Exod. 20:16) . . .

If this is a Catholic based site... I will be the FIRST to ask to leave... I have not lied about the Catholic church... I have only stated that I LOATHED it and I refuse to talk about it.... MY contact with you is NOT about the CATHOLIC church... it's about you being RUDE and ARROGANT with how you address a great many people on here. I do not understand why you are ALLOWED to carry on as you do... In my opinion... you should be BANNED... You cause strife and promote division. I consider it my Christian duty to stand against this. Below is a definition of strife. NOTE that it is always accompanied by PRIDE. You are on a dangerous plateau... You are at a place where you refuse to humble yourself and allow your spirit to be teachable. That is not a place that is PLEASING to GOD. HE actually REBUKES a person who causes strife. I may be new here... but I know a few things about communication.

Strife can develop when a difference of opinion becomes the priority in a relationship. Strife is always accompanied by pride and an unteachable spirit in one or both parties. Proverbs 13:10 says, “Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.” When someone refuses to consider another viewpoint and demands his own way, strife results. Someone bent on strife will not allow compromise, negotiation, or humility. Strife alienates friends, divides families, and destroys churches.

* I have brought this to the attention of Administration... as this abusive behaviour of yours is NOT acceptable... in any way... shape or form...
and you are not representing how a Christian is commanded to behave.

edited... You are lucky to have an opponent who is gracious... and has stuck up for you... I have removed my complaint... of which I know you do NOT care. It is so sad to see how people use the word CHRISTIAN so loosely... with no care to behave in a God pleasing way. Anyways... you still don't intimidate me.... and there is nothing more that I would love to do than face off against you... but I will take the high road and simply leave you be.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If this is a Catholic based site... I will be the FIRST to ask to leave... I have not lied about the Catholic church... I have only stated that I LOATHED it and I refuse to talk about it.... MY contact with you is NOT about the CATHOLIC church... it's about you being RUDE and ARROGANT with how you address a great many people on here. I do not understand why you are ALLOWED to carry on as you do... In my opinion... you should be BANNED... You cause strife and promote division. I consider it my Christian duty to stand against this. Below is a definition of strife. NOTE that it is always accompanied by PRIDE. You are on a dangerous plateau... You are at a place where you refuse to humble yourself and allow your spirit to be teachable. That is not a place that is PLEASING to GOD. HE actually REBUKES a person who causes strife. I may be new here... but I know a few things about communication.

Strife can develop when a difference of opinion becomes the priority in a relationship. Strife is always accompanied by pride and an unteachable spirit in one or both parties. Proverbs 13:10 says, “Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.” When someone refuses to consider another viewpoint and demands his own way, strife results. Someone bent on strife will not allow compromise, negotiation, or humility. Strife alienates friends, divides families, and destroys churches.
You are not the first and will not be the last

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

An yet you reject all that is of the spirirt, and so have no life.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correct, the Bride of Christ is NO harlot . .
Yes in that you have spoken the truth and so declared that the Catholic church is not His bride, Well done didnt think it was possible for you to speak the truth.

And so it is with all mens religions daughters of the harlot.