WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First of all, this person is NOT a Christian, as he denies the deity if Christ.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with “puffing up” – and EVERYTHING to do with a poster who spews myths, blatant lies and other filth about the Catholic Church with impunity.

Calling him “ignorant” is actually pretty charitable, considering the labels that truly apply to him . . .
him . . .

To the NEW BELIEVER... THIS is NOT how a Christian is supposed to speak to another Christian or anyone for that matter.
WE are called to RESPECT others.... puffing oneself up for the sake of over-powering and dominating is called PRIDE... and that is a DEADLY sin.
I think that is a Catholic thing... there are 7 of them.

@BreadOfLife ... I am telling the NEW believer to take note of the fact that as CHRISTIANS we are called to address ALL people with respect and dignity. Stating that this person is not a Christian does NOT excuse your response.... If this person is NOT a believer I would say... all the more reason to speak with gentleness... patience and humility.

It is YOU who has chosen to ENGAGE with them. It is you who claims to be such an upstanding Christian due to being Catholic.

Using your denomination as an excuse to be rude to someone is again... NOT the example you should be giving to a NEW BELIEVER.

My question to you is this.... Why would you think it is wise or remotely acceptable to come into a site that is Non denominational and flaunt the fact that you belong to a "superior" denomination ??? This is not productive... nor is it remotely CHRIST-LIKE... which leaves only the question... DO you come here to CONDEMN... or to bring with you CHRISTIAN HOPE ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nancy

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why don't you exegete Ephesians 4:11–15 and prove The Church and Scripture are not equally necessary and important for teaching, instead of making empty assertions.

I don't make empty assertions. I do what I have been trained to do and that is to leave no stone unturned when I am wanting to find the truth.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus' shepherding is not a gift.

It is WHO he is.

And it is definitely not something he designates to countless thousands of others.

He said he is that ONE Shepherd in John 10, not the head of countless thousands of them, per modern philosophy.

I must have a different bible to you. All mine say...

Ephesians 4:11 And indeed He (JESUS) gave some to be apostles, and some prophets; and some evangelists; and some shepherds and teachers;
Ephesians 4:12 with a view to the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ,
Ephesians 4:13 until we all may come to the unity of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must have a different bible to you. All mine say...

Ephesians 4:11 And indeed He (JESUS) gave some to be apostles, and some prophets; and some evangelists; and some shepherds and teachers;
Ephesians 4:12 with a view to the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ,
Ephesians 4:13 until we all may come to the unity of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
You do have a different Bible.

All modern Bibles that say that openly debunk Jesus in John 10.

Carefully notice that the KJV never called anyone a shepherd in the N.T.

The modern versions are ignorantly and purposefully contradictory, proving bias over fact.(the translators believed they too are shepherds of Jesus' flock).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, the Bride of Christ is His Church - of whom Peter was the first appointed earthly head (Matt. 16:18-19, John 21:15-19, Luke 22:31-32).
The New Jerusalem City was compared to a beautiful bride, not IS a beautiful bride.

You can't read a lick.

I get it, because my wife, looking like Farrah Fawcett, was led down the church balcony stairs with a spotlight on her in a large auditorium in her wedding dress, which I and the audience were taken back by.

The awe of the city can only be compared to the awe of a gorgeous bride on her wedding day.

I think the problem is, you need a wife.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
n

No, that is the New Jerusalem City coming down from heaven, not the RCC.

You must be a preterist...LOL
Zion was the name of a hill that came to be used as a designation for Jerusalem and eventually for all of the inhabitants of Judah. In the New Testament, “Zion” is used to designate the new, heavenly Jerusalem to which Christians “have come” (Hebrews 12:22).

Since Zion was already a metaphor for God’s people, translating Isaiah 1:8 as “daughter of Zion” is a way of saying “the daughter of God’s people” — a concept not expanded on anywhere in the Bible. Translating as the HCSB and NRSV do literally means “God’s people — His daughter,” a thought that is also found in Zechariah 2:10, Jeremiah 46:19, and Jeremiah 48:18.

In his commentary on Isaiah, W. E. Vine (Protestant) expresses his preference for the translation “Zion the Daughter” in Isaiah 1:8, saying, “It is expressive of the tenderness with which the Lord had regarded the relation with which He had established between Jerusalem (as representing His people) and Himself.

While I have not read anything about Vine having daughters, I do know he had five children, so the odds are quite good that he did have a daughter, and that this was why the verse so captured his attention.

Only a dad that has had daughters will really get this. I have a son and two daughters. I love my son every bit as much as I love my daughters, but there is something different (not more) in a dad’s heart for his girls. Mothers love the daughters just as much as fathers do, but there is still a difference in the way a dad feels about and relates to his daughters. There is a kind of tender protectiveness in the heart of a man for his daughters that only experience can describe.
Sunday Homily: Behold Your King Comes To You - ZENIT - English

Bethphage is a small town on the Mount of Olives,Jesus’ ride is short but important. He travels over the crest of the Mount of Olives, down past the Garden of Gethsemane, through the Kidron Valley and up to the gates of Jerusalem. The crowd becomes increasingly excited because Jesus’ actions are the fulfillment of a prophesy of Zechariah: “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king comes to you; triumphant and victorious is he, humble and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey” (Zech 9:9).

The crowds proclaim that Jesus is the son of David, the son of a king. Not only is he the humble king promised by Zechariah; he is proclaimed to be the Prophet-like-Moses promised in Deuteronomy 8:15. The crowds cry out: “Hosanna”, which originally meant “rescue us” or “save us” and gradually came to be a word of praise and jubilation.
“By the time of Jesus, the word had also acquired Messianic overtones. In the Hosanna acclamation, then, we find an expression of the complex emotions of the pilgrims accompanying Jesus and of his disciples: joyful praise of God at the moment of the processional entry, hope that the hour of the Messiah had arrived, and at the same time a prayer that the Davidic kingship and hence God’s kingship over Israel would be reestablished”

Where Will the New Jerusalem Be?

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zion was the name of a hill that came to be used as a designation for Jerusalem and eventually for all of the inhabitants of Judah. In the New Testament, “Zion” is used to designate the new, heavenly Jerusalem to which Christians “have come” (Hebrews 12:22).

Since Zion was already a metaphor for God’s people, translating Isaiah 1:8 as “daughter of Zion” is a way of saying “the daughter of God’s people” — a concept not expanded on anywhere in the Bible. Translating as the HCSB and NRSV do literally means “God’s people — His daughter,” a thought that is also found in Zechariah 2:10, Jeremiah 46:19, and Jeremiah 48:18.

In his commentary on Isaiah, W. E. Vine (Protestant) expresses his preference for the translation “Zion the Daughter” in Isaiah 1:8, saying, “It is expressive of the tenderness with which the Lord had regarded the relation with which He had established between Jerusalem (as representing His people) and Himself.

While I have not read anything about Vine having daughters, I do know he had five children, so the odds are quite good that he did have a daughter, and that this was why the verse so captured his attention.

Only a dad that has had daughters will really get this. I have a son and two daughters. I love my son every bit as much as I love my daughters, but there is something different (not more) in a dad’s heart for his girls. Mothers love the daughters just as much as fathers do, but there is still a difference in the way a dad feels about and relates to his daughters. There is a kind of tender protectiveness in the heart of a man for his daughters that only experience can describe.

Bethphage is a small town on the Mount of Olives, the hill in front of the Temple of Jerusalem. Jesus’ ride is short but important. He travels over the crest of the Mount of Olives, down past the Garden of Gethsemane, through the Kidron Valley and up to the gates of Jerusalem. The crowd becomes increasingly excited because Jesus’ actions are the fulfillment of a prophesy of Zechariah: “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king comes to you; triumphant and victorious is he, humble and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey” (Zech 9:9).

The crowds proclaim that Jesus is the son of David, the son of a king. Not only is he the humble king promised by Zechariah; he is proclaimed to be the Prophet-like-Moses promised in Deuteronomy 8:15. The crowds cry out: “Hosanna”, which originally meant “rescue us” or “save us” and gradually came to be a word of praise and jubilation.
“By the time of Jesus, the word had also acquired Messianic overtones. In the Hosanna acclamation, then, we find an expression of the complex emotions of the pilgrims accompanying Jesus and of his disciples: joyful praise of God at the moment of the processional entry, hope that the hour of the Messiah had arrived, and at the same time a prayer that the Davidic kingship and hence God’s kingship over Israel would be reestablished”

Where Will the New Jerusalem Be?

Another preterist?

You think the New Jerusalem City, that the nations go in and out of in heaven, with 1000 mile high walls etc., are not real?

The mansions Jesus PROMISED are not real?

Rather WE are the mansions?

Yikes!!!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another preterist?

You think the New Jerusalem City, that the nations go in and out of in heaven, with 1000 mile high walls etc., are not real?

The mansions Jesus PROMISED are not real?

Rather WE are the mansions?

Yikes!!!
You mock what you refuse to understand. Your blind prejudice and stubborn bigotry is glaring. Are you too embarrassed to cite the name of your "superior" faith community? Stay in the shadows, it's safer.

internet-troll-640x320.jpg

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do have a different Bible.

All modern Bibles that say that openly debunk Jesus in John 10.

Carefully notice that the KJV never called anyone a shepherd in the N.T.

The modern versions are ignorantly and purposefully contradictory, proving bias over fact.(the translators believed they too are shepherds of Jesus' flock).

I have been following your posts to try and understand where you are coming from... and other than your emphasis on the word Shepherd... I don't see your point... but it seems you are advocating the King James Only argument ?? I have never heard anyone take offence to a pastor being referred to as a Shepherd... It's an analogy of sorts...with significance in the ROLE a pastor plays...

What do you think the job/role of a pastor is as far as responsibility towards the people he preaches to? Also... Bread of Life has stated that you deny the deity of Christ... there fore you are not a Christian... Can you address this? For the sake of my curiosity... and not as a means of attack by me...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mock what you refuse to understand. Your blind prejudice and stubborn bigotry is glaring. Are you too embarrassed to cite the name of your "superior" faith community? Stay in the shadows, it's safer.

internet-troll-640x320.jpg
i can see that you preterists are not happy when being exposed.

My church group is the Acts group found in the book of Acts.

You need to be a disciple of that group, then you will be doctrinally pure.

It's really about getting free from modern commentary and back to the original.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have been following your posts to try and understand where you are coming from... and other than your emphasis on the word Shepherd... I don't see your point... but it seems you are advocating the King James Only argument ?? I have never heard anyone take offence to a pastor being referred to as a Shepherd... It's an analogy of sorts...with significance in the ROLE a pastor plays...

What do you think the job/role of a pastor is as far as responsibility towards the people he preaches to? Also... Bread of Life has stated that you deny the deity of Christ... there fore you are not a Christian... Can you address this? For the sake of my curiosity... and not as a means of attack by me...
My guess is Truther has been thrown out of every community he has been in because of his pride, a sociopathic bible thumper in a church of one.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My guess is Truther has been thrown out of every community he has been in because of his pride, a sociopathic bible thumper in a church of one.

That is not the answer I was waiting for... I don't know WHY people engage in these types of conversations if they can't answer with genuine questions and comments... This discussion is filled with ARROGANCE on ALL sides... It is so easy NOT to feed the monsters... but people seem to like the DRAMA.... In my book... if you can't be nice... or polite... I CHOOSE not to engage in conversation with you...

People use the excuse that they want to STAND for the truth... and protect the TRUTH... but I think they just really like the adrenaline rush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you. You have class:).

The role of the pastor is the role of an elder...to lead folks doctrinally to the one Shepherd of John 10.

I have been practicing this for decades.

We were never meant to be a replacement for the shepherd, but this concept was instituted gradually by the RCC in the dark ages, when the elders became priests and the saints became laity.

We only have one high priest and one Shepherd, according to the Bible, and we ALL are priests directly to Him.

Also, I don't believe God became a microscopic cell in Mary's ovaries, but God impregnated Mary to make another Adam, then made this new Adam(last Adam), an omnipresent quickening spirit after resurrecting him from the dead.(1 Cor 15)

Then, the God of this last Adam, put every bit of what He consists of inside the spirit body of this last Adam He made(Col 2:9)

This is why Jesus has a God as we speak(Rev 3:12), but yet, is our God by default.

God "Father's" us THROUGH His son now, but not prior to the Col 2:9 effect on Jesus' body.

I will gladly answer your questions, if any.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not a nice thing to say about Truther.
But, Bible Thumper?
I agree!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truther For the sake of catching you while you are on line... THANK you for taking the time to answer my questions in an honest manner.
I don't debate topics... which is probably sad because I would probably be good at it due to the fact that I don't make personal attacks.
I will read your answer... and digest what you have stated. Tenderly... Adoration

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truther For the sake of catching you while you are on line... THANK you for taking the time to answer my questions in an honest manner.
I don't debate topics... which is probably sad because I would probably be good at it due to the fact that I don't make personal attacks.
I will read your answer... and digest what you have stated. Tenderly... Adoration
You are welcome.

I can tell you are top notch and a free thinker.

God bless.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is not the answer I was waiting for... I don't know WHY people engage in these types of conversations if they can't answer with genuine questions and comments... This discussion is filled with ARROGANCE on ALL sides... It is so easy NOT to feed the monsters... but people seem to like the DRAMA.... In my book... if you can't be nice... or polite... I CHOOSE not to engage in conversation with you...

People use the excuse that they want to STAND for the truth... and protect the TRUTH... but I think they just really like the DRAMA.
Good point. It's hard to be charitable in the face of Truther's venom. He is obviously far removed from Acts which he claims to be his birthright.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good point. It's hard to be charitable in the face of Truther's venom. He is obviously far removed from Acts which he claims to be his birthright.

You have also made a very GOOD and HONEST point... It is indeed difficult when someone is battling AGAINST the most precious thing you STAND FOR... your FAITH and BELIEFS. There are many threads I will not read... due to the fact that I simply do not agree with the poster's doctrine and/or teaching... it makes my life so much more pleasant... The odd time I will enter a nasty dialogue and say my peace... because arrogance is my pet peeve... You will notice that the tone is NOW set here... and there is opportunity for a civil and polite conversation on ALL SIDES. Pray before you type. That is my motto.

Reactions: Nancy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

@Illuminator This brought tears to my eyes... THIS is so intensely beautiful... and perfectly describes the Father's heart and love... It is proven that daughters that grow up without fathers are far more prone to living unhealthy lifestyles... My father abandoned me when I was 14... he walked out the door without even saying good bye... He later hung himself when I was 3 months pregnant with my daughter who is now 27... ( I did not share this for sympathy... I am over it... and have finally come to a place of forgiveness. )... However.. the DAMAGE that has been done due to being abandoned by my father is not so FIXABLE... This one act has affected absolutely EVERY relationship I have ever had.
Thank you... from the bottom of my heart for sharing this beautiful TRIBUTE of FATHERHOOD... You dads get shortchanged on many levels.
Tenderly... Adoration