Why is this tree in heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do believe the tree in the garden was real, for the same reason that you do. Very likely that is why John worded it the way he did in Revelation, as a reminder of the significance of that tree, even though he spoke of multiple trees. He referred to them as trees of life, as was the tree in the garden.

Ya, I caught the reference to multiple trees, kind of always wondered about that one too.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Healing for the lost, who may come to see the light and seek the to come into the city? I do not know for sure.

You’re post is on revelation 22, and we can see blessed are those who do his commandments (believe on the son of God having faith and to love) having a

might , May, chance to go to the tree and into the city.

“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:14-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Revelation 22:14-15 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and | New King James Version (NKJV) | Download The Bible App Now
Possibility, as it says healing for the nations.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Has anyone considered the implications of Ezekiel 47:1-12, in that the Tree of Life is available to us even today, if we are willing to receive from the Lord, Life.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya, I caught the reference to multiple trees, kind of always wondered about that one too.

That is one of the reasons I answered the way I did intitially. They are definitely related accounts, both have to do with salvation, with life.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hay, I am reading my bible before bed (as I always do) and this scripture jumped out at me.

(Prov 11:30 [KJV])
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

I don't have time to study it now, but perhaps it could shine some light on the tree of life in heaven.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In heaven there is no death, no sickness, no need for healing, nothing bad! So why do you suppose God still kept this tree?

He transplanted it from the garden of Eden on this earth, to heaven; on the new earth. So why do you think it is still needed in heaven? Healing from what for that nations?
Perhaps it is for the people just arriving in heaven.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is this tree in heaven
^ OP

A gift of sweet savory fruit for the righteous.

The tree of life - was in the garden of Eden with Adam
The tree of life - was in the comfort side of hell with Abraham
The tree of life - is in Heaven with Saved souls
The tree of life - shall be in Gods Kingdom on Earth with the Quickened righteous.
The fruit of the tree of life - is a right given unto the righteous.

Where the Tree of life IS - IS called Paradise.

Remember Jesus’ words...(Matt 6)

[9] After this manner therefore pray ye:
.......Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
[10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
[11] Give us this day our daily bread.
[12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
[13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Glory to God,
Taken

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I caught the reference to multiple trees, kind of always wondered about that
one too.

The "tree of life" is likely a species name rather than an indication of the
number of trees. I suspect it was established in the garden as a grove rather
than a solo specimen. Same with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
It was likely established in the garden as a grove too.
_