Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there was a change in which day is "My holy day", God would have clearly said.
KJV Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
There was not a change to the 7th Day of Rest = but there was and is a FULFILLMENT of it in CHRIST

CHRIST is the seventh day come to Earth in the Flesh = GOSPEL , John 3:16, Matt 11:28 , John 12:34-36 , John 9:5 , Hebrews ch4

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there was a change in which day is "My holy day", God would have clearly said.
7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

God, Himself prophesied of the 7th Day = Genesis 2:3 , Gospel, Hebrews 4:3
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;

Prophecy FULFILLED = John 3:16 , Matthew 11:28 , John 8:12

I have a greater witness than John’s; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish
the very works that I do—bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form. But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe. You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. 2For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, 4God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the SDA people's indoctrination prevent some from coming to the truth... that the New Covenant is True.

Well, if it weren't "the SDA peoples" it would be Calvinists, "OSAS peoples," or whatever flavor-of-the-day heretic group you're looking down on from your Lone Wolf ivory tower.

Because how could there be any doubt that you are God's seven thousand all wrapped up in one?

The winner trophies you give out are pretty weird compartmentalizations considering you just catch the same people by the tail in another thread and curb stomp them.

You forgot to include where in the New Testament the Lord tells Christians they
are required to observe Saturday sabbath and they'll burn in hell if they don't.

Where's the beef View attachment 42601

And you forget 2 Timothy 3:16.

• Love
Reactions: Brakelite

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and Dave choosing to ignore scripture does not nullify God's words. When you call those false,no Christian should waste their time trying to get through to you both that which you deny repeatedly.

It is your loss,as God wills.
Well as you have yet to post on eScripture showing where God commanded Gentiles as an ethnos to keep Sabbath- that is just your opinion.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you haven't so that is on you.

IF there were passages in the New Covenant that said Christians
are required to observe Saturday sabbath... I'd post them

Problem is, there is nothing in the New Covenant that tells Christians they must observe Saturday sabbath
which is why you have not posted scripture that say their is and that's on you homie half time
peace.gif

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as you have yet to post on eScripture showing where God commanded Gentiles as an ethnos to keep Sabbath- that is just your opinion.
No. It's scripture. Your obstinancy blinds you to reading what is right there in scripture.

There are no Jews or Gentile,Greek,etc...We are all one in Christ.The Apostles kept the Sabbath and the commandments,as Jesus instructed them to if they love him.
You'll make up some excuse why those scriptures don't apply. And that is again your loss.

And you, grail chaser, Matt,etc... are seen as just that.

Tragedy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It's scripture. Your obstinancy blinds you to reading what is right there in scripture.

There are no Jews or Gentile,Greek,etc...We are all one in Christ.The Apostles kept the Sabbath and the commandments,as Jesus instructed them to if they love him.
You'll make up some excuse why those scriptures don't apply. And that is again your loss.

Tragedy.

This is what God has commanded you = "right there in Scripture" = Hebrews

ch2
Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. 2For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, 4God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what God has commanded you = "right there in Scripture" = Hebrews

ch2
Anything that contradicts Jesus, is false.
Free irrevocable gift.
Not of ourselves so that we may not boast.

Not shockingly,many presume to boast they chose to save themselves. And then dare to claim they can also choose to lose it.

And the truth is, they're right!

However, that's not the Gospel of Christ.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many presume to boast they chose to save themselves

If I'm about to drown in the middle of a large lake... and some guys come by in their boat asking if I'd like to get on board their boat... when I accept their invitation to get on their boat... I'm not saving my own life, they are.... but, I had to agree to climb aboard their boat since they aren't going to force me to come aboard. disagree.gif

This is how it is when we get saved... we aren't saving ourselves but we
do have a part to play since God isn't going to force us to get saved.

It's a real shame you don't have enough spiritual understanding to be able to grasp this simple fact that's so easy to understand that a child can get it... but calvinist adults, not so much clueless-doh.gif

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free irrevocable gift.

Not shockingly,many presume to boast they chose to save themselves. And then dare to claim they can also choose to lose it.

And the truth is, they're right!

However, that's not the Gospel of Christ.
Absolutely TRUE

Free irrevocable gift.
Absolutely TRUE

Absolutely TRUE

Matt 11:28 - "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

How much of this statement by the LORD is TRUTH?
a.) Partly, for we must keep the saturday sabbath to have rest
b.) All Truth and we must keep the saturday sabbath to have rest
c.) Absolute Truth and JESUS is our Absolute REST = Yesterday, Today and Forever

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF there were passages in the New Covenant that said Christians
are required to observe Saturday sabbath... I'd post them

Problem is, there is nothing in the New Covenant that tells Christians they must observe Saturday sabbath
which is why you have not posted scripture that say their is and that's on you homie half time
View attachment 42626
Well as I don't believe that the3 church needs to keep Saturday Sabbath- yes it is on me and SCripture.

Reactions: David in NJ

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tragedy.
Assumption, presumption and judgmentalism and no scripture, just lame generic excuses as to why you won't post scripture.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You forgot to include where in the New Testament the Lord tells Christians they
are required to observe Saturday sabbath and they'll burn in hell if they don't.

Where's the beef View attachment 42601
I first learned of the Sabbath 20 years after first coming to know Jesus.
I learned about the Sabbath at a time of deep backsliding, then soul searching, then hearing and experiencing God's word to me, "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness".
I learned from the Psalms that the righteousness of God is His character, and His character is expressed in His law. It's a character of love. Which is why love is the fulfilment of the law.
I learned of the Sabbath after searching the scriptures, after much prayer and study, and discovered 3 very important facts.
1. One couldn't read scripture, either in the OT or NT, without a sense of awe at the importance God places on His holy day.
2. And why? Because God was totally invested in man, loved man, wanted man to know Him and His love and care. Since creation, it has been God's deepest desire to be in the presence of the people He made. In the garden, it must have brought much pain to His heart that sin imposed the necessity to separate and establish a distance between Himself and man, in order to avoid man's instant destruction due to the presence of holiness.
3. So God made provision, the gospel, that the relationship would not be completely broken, offering man an opportunity to overcome the sinful nature He inherits from his forbears. God sent His only begotten Son, to stand in His place. To speak His words. To bring His healing touch. To bring peace, establish faith, and restore the beauty of holiness and righteousness in man. He regularly visited, to encourage, lift up, warn, and protect those who would be faithful and obey. Few did. At one time the entire planet had to be destroyed before His servants were extinct. It came down to the wire. One man, Noah. Would he obey the voice of God against all odds and save the race from destruction?
Later, God chose a nation of people, the children of Abraham, to be His vehicle through which God would establish righteousness, His law, and bring forth the Messiah, God made flesh. Would Abraham obey? The Messiah would be God begotten in a new sense, to become human flesh, to die that man could be justified, and through His resurrection and the power of the holy Spirit, be changed and strengthened and have joy once again in the presence of God. Would Israel listen and obey?
"Let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell with them". Brief visits was no longer enough. The Son wanted to be with His people full time. We know the story. The sanctuary. The priesthood. A method of religion to bring healing and restoration. A faith to counter sin. A means by which the sin problem would be dealt with. A foretaste of a time when "God Himself shall provide a Lamb for an offering". The result? A series of unfaithful, disobedient, rebellions with the odd faithful obedient servant. As a nation however, Israel was a failure. Nevertheless, God remained faithful to them and to His promises. The Messiah came. What manner of love is this that God would die in man's place! What love! What risk!! Yet came He did. The Son of God begotten as a human, subject to all the same threats, temptations, weaknesses, that man is subject to, and for our sake and His, overcame all the odds stacked against Him and saved all humanity from certain death. There was nothing man could do to save himself . Nothing can be added to what God Himself, and alone, has accomplished for us. Yet in our pride and arrogance we seek still to go our own way. To invent methods whereby our religion may look and sound good, but bypasses true obedience. Just as the nation of Israel did throughout its history. Just as men have done through all time.
We invent a new religion to avoid surrender. To avoid death to self. To avoid the cross. Each one of us is unique. Not one person on the planet thinks, acts, reacts, and relates to God in exactly the same way. In all the 8 billion people on this planet, there's not one like you. Or me. Yet we each think that the way we do life is the best. We think that if everyone else behaved and thought just like me, there would be peace on earth and everyone would get along just fine.
The Lord Himself showed me His holy Sabbath. You want me to show you where is it? No. I won't. No more. Even if I did again, you wouldn't see it. Observing the Sabbath isn't just about obedience to a Commandment. It's about a relationship. It's about surrender to a higher authority than yourself. You have your own relationship with God. You ask Him to show you His Sabbath. And yes. It is His Sabbath. Not mine. Not Israel's.
KJV Isaiah 58:13-14
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Nor is the Sabbath about earning salvation, avoiding hell, improving our reputation, earning credit points in the Bank of Heaven, but it is exactly as the scripture above says. It honours God. Try it. You may be surprised.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There was not a change to the 7th Day of Rest = but there was and is a FULFILLMENT of it in CHRIST

CHRIST is the seventh day come to Earth in the Flesh = GOSPEL , John 3:16, Matt 11:28 , John 12:34-36 , John 9:5 , Hebrews ch4
Indeed Jesus offers rest to all who come to Him in faith. But what you have done is turned it into a religion all on its own, and in doing so you avoid actual obedience and surrender to His higher authority. You have made up your own form of dedication much like Cain, and you are now doing to the faithful what he did to Abel. It is called presumption. Your authority is now what you live by, and God's authority and law you have set aside.
The time is coming when mankind will be forbidden to honour the Sabbath and it will be legally and legislatively outlawed in favour of Sunday. Then you and others here will find solace in that you will feel justified in your persecutions against those who choose to spend the whole day with their Creator on the day He sanctified and made holy. You will soon need to decide on whose side you are on. You will now mock and malign this post, but you will remember it.
KJV Revelation 13:15-18
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

(Remember COVID? The scenario in Revelation is to be a global issue, and governments the world over will be calling on their citizens to openly and with intent, 'out' their family members, neighbours, friends, and associates who refuse to surrender to the man made doctrines of Babylon. Jesus warned this would happen. "Ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake". 'Your greatest enemies will be those in your own household". "The time is coming when those that kill you will think they are doing God a favour". During COVID, this attitude was fostered throughout the world. Tell us if your neighbour is having a party. Not jabbed. Not social distancing. Not wearing a mask. Etc. How many people rebuked you for not wearing a mask, or risking killing grandma? This proves the world is ready to be manipulated into being a global vehicle for an end time inquisition in which everyone will be called upon to execute).

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

(I perceive so much hatred against the Sabbath in these threads, I can easily imagine many here reporting to the authorities those neighbours who are trying to survive without an income, unable to buy or sell etc. You claim you have no preference for Sunday. "It's just another day". I wonder if your church is supporting PROJECT 2025? See below... Just the beginning.. )

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Screenshot_2024-03-02-18-27-41-98.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed Jesus offers rest to all who come to Him in faith. But what you have done is turned it into a religion all on its own, and in doing so you avoid actual obedience and surrender to His higher authority. You have made up your own form of dedication much like Cain, and you are now doing to the faithful what he did to Abel. It is called presumption. Your authority is now what you live by, and God's authority and law you have set aside.
The time is coming when mankind will be forbidden to honour the Sabbath and it will be legally and legislatively outlawed in favour of Sunday. Then you and others here will find solace in that you will feel justified in your persecutions against those who choose to spend the whole day with their Creator on the day He sanctified and made holy. You will soon need to decide on whose side you are on. You will now mock and malign this post, but you will remember it.
KJV Revelation 13:15-18
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

(Remember COVID? The scenario in Revelation is to be a global issue, and governments the world over will be calling on their citizens to openly and with intent, 'out' their family members, neighbours, friends, and associates who refuse to surrender to the man made doctrines of Babylon. Jesus warned this would happen. "Ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake". 'Your greatest enemies will be those in your own household". "The time is coming when those that kill you will think they are doing God a favour". During COVID, this attitude was fostered throughout the world. Tell us if your neighbour is having a party. Not jabbed. Not social distancing. Not wearing a mask. Etc. How many people rebuked you for not wearing a mask, or risking killing grandma? This proves the world is ready to be manipulated into being a global vehicle for an end time inquisition in which everyone will be called upon to execute).

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

(I perceive so much hatred against the Sabbath in these threads, I can easily imagine many here reporting to the authorities those neighbours who are trying to survive without an income, unable to buy or sell etc. You claim you have no preference for Sunday. "It's just another day". I wonder if your church is supporting PROJECT 2025? See below... Just the beginning.. )

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

View attachment 42737

I'm speechless.

:hearteyes:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'm about to drown in the middle of a large lake... and some guys come by in their boat asking if I'd like to get on board their boat... when I accept their invitation to get on their boat... I'm not saving my own life, they are.... but, I had to agree to climb aboard their boat since they aren't going to force me to come aboard. View attachment 42669

This is how it is when we get saved... we aren't saving ourselves but we
do have a part to play since God isn't going to force us to get saved.

It's a real shame you don't have enough spiritual understanding to be able to grasp this simple fact that's so easy to understand that a child can get it... but calvinist adults, not so much View attachment 42670

The real shame is that, for all your arrogant, condescending, "abiding in Christ's New Covenant REST" pontificating, you don't understand the Gospel at all.

Those who are "without strength," "sinners," and, yea, "enemies of God" don't do much "climbing into boats," as you so pseudo-parabolically put it (Romans 5).

How all this could have escaped you indicates either some very bad teaching, serious resisting of the Holy Ghost, or both. Either way, you exhibit more self-righteousness than anyone I recall encountering on CyB possibly ever.

It's Big Troll Johnson's xenophobic way or the highway—plain for all to see. And as harsh as it reads, I'm most likely just saying what everyone else is thinking.

A Glorious Sabbath Day to you, nonetheless! Perhaps you'll make good use of it and repent of your Christ-shaming, "crackaz-only" ways.

:hearteyes: