Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
JESUS says: "Come to ME and I will give you REST" = this is His Commandment

HE never told us to keep the old covenant law but HE did tell us to vacate it for the NEW WINE of His Blood.

And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”
The Sabbath is one of those commandments for the breaking of which Jesus died. The laws of Moses and the laws of God are different. The laws of Moses, which included denial feast day Sabbaths, were nailed to the cross, because they pointed to Jesus... the laws of God, which included the weekly Sabbath pointing back to creation and later redemption, remain.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No kidding. Then you and others here have at least made the distinction finally that what is being discussed is God's laws. Not Moses.

There are accounts of the Apostles keeping the Sabbath.

There's a difference between law and tradition. Jesus proved that on the Sabbath.
You are wrong on Moses
John 1:17 - For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

There are no accounts of the Apostles keeping the saturday sabbath under the law of Moses.

There are accounts of the Apostles preaching the Gospel on saturday and sunday and throughout the week making no distinction of saturday.

Obey the Lord Jesus Christ who said:
"And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined.
But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath is one of those commandments for the breaking of which Jesus died. The laws of Moses and the laws of God are different. The laws of Moses, which included denial feast day Sabbaths, were nailed to the cross, because they pointed to Jesus... the laws of God, which included the weekly Sabbath pointing back to creation and later redemption, remain.
Brother Brakelite and @BlessedPeace

This is the law under Moses for sabbath keeping = Exodus 31:12-17

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

This is the Fulfillment of Sabbath REST by the Lord Jesus Christ = John 3:16 , Matt 11:28 , Hebrew chapter 4

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's an interesting video about Saturday sabbath being false doctrine... enjoy! thumbsup2.gif

In Defense of the First Day Sabbath & Doug Batchelor's Strawman Burning! | Part 1

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never taught anybody to observe Saturday sabbath View attachment 42877
Act 6:1
And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
Act 6:2
Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
Act 6:3
Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
Act 6:4
But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

What business? How often? What did God do to those poor kids in the wilderness?
He sent them manna every day. Even on the day he wouldn't be there, he still made sure to provide for them.
Moses said don't go out looking for it because it won't be there on the ground in the seventh day.
But where was it?
It was IN their tents.

Exo 16:22
And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.
Exo 16:23
And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
Exo 16:24
And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.
Exo 16:25
And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

Where did God go on the seventh day?

Jhn 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Jhn 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Jhn 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Jhn 14:4
And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Jhn 14:5
Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jhn 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Parables, Parables.. the field is the world. to day ye shall not find it in the world.

Jhn 17:14
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Jhn 17:16
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jhn 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

You know I could copy/paste the entire bible and it still won't make a difference.
Nevertheless..

Hugs

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I could copy/paste the entire bible and it still won't make a difference.

Because... we now live under the New Covenant which does NOT teach Saturday sabbath being a requirement disagree.gif

In Acts 15 the Apostles had a big meeting to find out from the Lord what parts of the old covenant were to be required by New Covenant believers to keep.... and the Lord did not instruct them to include Saturday sabbath keeping.

So, that's the death knell of your SDA argument... the SDA peoples are exhalting their false doctrine above the New Covenant which is being... a cult. agree.gif

Reactions: David in NJ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because... we now live under the New Covenant which does NOT teach Saturday sabbath being a requirement View attachment 42886

In Acts 15 the Apostles had a big meeting to find out from the Lord what parts of the old covenant were to be required by New Covenant believers to keep.... and the Lord did not instruct them to include Saturday sabbath keeping.

So, that's the death knell of your SDA argument... the SDA peoples are exhalting their false doctrine above the New Covenant which is being... a cult. View attachment 42887
But here is where you and I disagree.
For some reason people wanting to take a day and make it specially special day for the Lord bothers you.
It don't bother me in the least.
And I'm not trying to persuade people to do it other than how they do it.
I simply share how I hear it and how I observe it or not. And if we agree good, if we don't good.
It's not my headache.
Some people like liver and onions other people can't stand the smell of it.
I'm not going to shove liver down someones throat because I believe the vitamins in them is good for them.

Liver is one of the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet, with significant amounts of iron, riboflavin, vitamin B12, vitamin A, and copper.

They can get their nutrients wherever they like.

I understand the argument. Some people just don't prefer liver. I get it.

Hugs

Reactions: Brakelite

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But here is where you and I disagree.
For some reason people wanting to take a day and make it specially special day for the Lord bothers you.
It don't bother me in the least.
And I'm not trying to persuade people to do it other than how they do it.
I simply share how I hear it and how I observe it or not. And if we agree good, if we don't good.
It's not my headache.
Some people like liver and onions other people can't stand the smell of it.
I'm not going to shove liver down someones throat because I believe the vitamins in them is good for them.

Liver is one of the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet, with significant amounts of iron, riboflavin, vitamin B12, vitamin A, and copper.

They can get their nutrients wherever they like.

I understand the argument. Some people just don't prefer liver. I get it.

Hugs
It is not about choosing to gather on saturday as there is nothing wrong with this.

Assembling together on saturday to worship and fellowship is 100% Approved and Good.

BIG PROBLEM
: We are not to try and live under the old covenant sabbath rest as in Exodus 31:12-17

VICTORY = CHRIST Fulfilled Exodus 31:12-17 and HE is our REST = Matt 11:28 and Hebrews chapter 4 clearly state this.

BIG BIG PROBLEM
: "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

MUCHO BIG PROBLEM: "You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."

No one inherits Salvation thru saturday sabbath, yet there are some religions that profess this.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not about choosing to gather on saturday as there is nothing wrong with this.

Assembling together on saturday to worship and fellowship is 100% Approved and Good.

BIG PROBLEM
: We are not to try and live under the old covenant sabbath rest as in Exodus 31:12-17

VICTORY = CHRIST Fulfilled Exodus 31:12-17 and HE is our REST = Matt 11:28 and Hebrews chapter 4 clearly state this.

BIG BIG PROBLEM
: "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

MUCHO BIG PROBLEM: "You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."

No one inherits Salvation thru saturday sabbath, yet there are some religions that profess this.
But I don't see any members here trying to justify themselves by living according to the law for the sake of righteousness and salvation.
The argument is that God instituted the seventh day as Holy for him to rest in and he gave it to man to rest in.
And they are comfortable there with that knowledge. And they do what God told Moses to do.
And you know the world hates them for it too. They are ridiculed and persecuted for their beliefs.
Those of us who believe in the law of Liberty and we are under no such direction to participate are no better than the world when we ridicule and persocute them for their beliefs.

We aught to stop pointing fingers at each other and accusing each other of sinning when neither side in fact is sinning.
It's that we are observing what God said to do from different perspectives.
I believe we aught to let God be the judge and decide for himself if worship to him in any form or fashion is good.
I believe it is good. It's better than no belief at all, amen?

Why is everybody always trying to drag everybody through the mud, as if we are so perfect and clean ourselves.
We all could use a good dose of humility and just try to live in peace.
Divisions divisions, the world loves it's divisions.

God will sort it out.
My job is to love my neighbor in whatever capacity that is.
Regardless of what day anyone chooses to worship the Lord.
Or all days, or no days in particular.
The important thing is the worship and praise he recieves from us for all the love he has given to each of us.
We aught to do the same.
Any place, Any time, Anywhere and everywhere.

Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Brakelite

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I don't see any members here trying to justify themselves by living according to the law for the sake of righteousness and salvation.
The argument is that God instituted the seventh day as Holy for him to rest in and he gave it to man to rest in.
And they are comfortable there with that knowledge. And they do what God told Moses to do.
And you know the world hates them for it too. They are ridiculed and persecuted for their beliefs.
Those of us who believe in the law of Liberty and we are under no such direction to participate are no better than the world when we ridicule and persocute them for their beliefs.

We aught to stop pointing fingers at each other and accusing each other of sinning when neither side in fact is sinning.
It's that we are observing what God said to do from different perspectives.
I believe we aught to let God be the judge and decide for himself if worship to him in any form or fashion is good.
I believe it is good. It's better than no belief at all, amen?

Why is everybody always trying to drag everybody through the mud, as if we are so perfect and clean ourselves.
We all could use a good dose of humility and just try to live in peace.
Divisions divisions, the world loves it's divisions.

God will sort it out.
My job is to love my neighbor in whatever capacity that is.
Regardless of what day anyone chooses to worship the Lord.
Or all days, or no days in particular.
The important thing is the worship and praise he recieves from us for all the love he has given to each of us.
We aught to do the same.
Any place, Any time, Anywhere and everywhere.

Hugs
Genesis 2:3 = The 7th Day speaks of CHRIST
Exodus 31:12-17 = speaks of CHRIST
Matt 11:28 = CHRIST comes and now the FATHER wants us to REST in Him and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER include the law of Moses.
To do so shows UNBELIEF and SELF- RIGHTEOUSNESS
People are going to HELL because they would rather invoke old covenant ritual then TRUST in CHRIST for Salvation.
GOD will not share His Glory with the law that could not save anyone.

Do you know that Israel had to be REDEEMED TWICE?

God Redeemed Israel the First Time from bondage in Egypt = Passover
God Redeemed Israel a 2nd Time from the law = Lamb that takes away the sins of the world = ETERNAL PASSOVER

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

GOD will not accept any attempt at being righteous before Him from the Mosaic law = including sabbaths

We aught to stop pointing fingers at each other and accusing each other of sinning when neither side in fact is sinning

Nobody is pointing fingers, but we exalting CHRIST above religion that seeks to bring people into bondage.

Question: Why did God place a DEATH sentence on working on the sabbath = Exodus 31:12-17

GOD is not playing around here with religion.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Why did God place a DEATH sentence on working on the sabbath = Exodus 31:12-17
Truthfully?
Because he knew that they had death in their hearts and he gave them what they wanted.
He knew that they would find any reason to accuse instead of excuse like the man picking up sticks.
Was he doing it for himself or someone else? Did they ask? No, your guilty, bang your dead. end of story.

We choose life not death.
We choose mercy not condemnation.

I was just wandering through the bible looking at the gates of the city.
You know there is a fish gate, a water gate, a sheep gate.. I think there are at least 12 different gates, one for each tribe of Israel.
They are named by tribe and by an object. I haven't found them all yet, still looking.

So what if some come through the fish gate and others come through the sheep gate, and yet all gates lead to the door?
Rev 21:12
And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Neh 12:37
And at the fountain gate, which was over against them, they went up by the stairs of the city of David, at the going up of the wall, above the house of David, even unto the water gate eastward.
Neh 12:38
And the other company of them that gave thanks went over against them, and I after them, and the half of the people upon the wall, from beyond the tower of the furnaces even unto the broad wall;
Neh 12:39
And from above the gate of Ephraim, and above the old gate, and above the fish gate, and the tower of Hananeel, and the tower of Meah, even unto the sheep gate: and they stood still in the prison gate.
Neh 12:40
So stood the two companies of them that gave thanks in the house of God, and I, and the half of the rulers with me:

Psa 100:4
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

I'm not the gate keeper brother.
Hugs

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Randy Kluth

I'm not quoting all that stuff you posted, and I really detest this tit-for-tat garbage but it seems somewhat unavoidable at times, so:

Pardon me, but I'm not conflating anything.

Romans 7 and Hebrews 7 stand just fine on their own, but either they're talking about the same "commandments" or they aren't.

You are obfuscating.

So now the "Ten Commandments are part of the Mitzvot" junk rears it's head.

I just don't have the patience for this nonsense that I used to.

Cite a pre-Internet reference for The Dog-And-Pony Ambiguous Commandments Show or don't. It's up to you.

The most famous Evangelist of the 20th century was Billy Graham. He wasn't a Pelagianist (which has absolutely nothing to do with nullifying the 4th commandment, btw) or a Seventh-day Adventist, but he had this to say about throwing out the baby with the bath water when it came to the Law of GOD:

From the Dallas Times/Herald:

Question:
Some religious people I know tell me that the ten commandments are a part of the law and do not apply to us today. They say that, as Christians, we are free from the law. Is that right?

Answer from Evangelist Billy Graham:
No, it is not right, and I hope you'll not be misled by these false opinions. It is important to understand what the New Testament means when it says that Christians are free from the law. It certainly does not mean that they are free from the obligations of the moral law of God and are at liberty to sin. You see the word "law" is used by the New Testament writers in two senses: Sometimes it refers to the ceremonial law of the Old Testament which is concerned about ritual matters and regulations regarding food and drink and things of this kind. This ceremonial law was of a passing character and was done away when Christ came. From this law Christians are indeed free. But, the New Testament also speaks of a moral law which is of a permanent, unchanging character and is summarized in the ten commandments. This law sets forth God's demands on human life and man's duty to God and neighbor, and that it definitely applies to the Christian is made clear in Romans 10:8-10. Of course, it is quite true that the Christian is not saved by his efforts to keep the law but, as one who is saved by God's mercy through faith in Christ, He is under an obligation to obey God's law. As it has been said, in Christ we are free from sin but not free to sin. "If you love me," He said, "keep my commandments."

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Randy Kluth

I'm not quoting all that stuff you posted, and I really detest this tit-for-tat garbage but it seems somewhat unavoidable at times, so:

Romans 7 and Hebrews 7 stand just fine on their own, but either they're talking about the same "commandments" or they aren't.

You are obfuscating.

If you don't have the patience, you probably better rest up. You are so full of insults it makes me question whether you're even walking with the Lord? If disagreements drive you away from your peace with the Lord, you should take time out.

Quoting Billy Graham doesn't do it for me either, nor the argument that others have applied the 10 Commandments as distinct from the Law. What they are really doing is just pointing out that the moral aspects of the Law continue in the NT. It has nothing to do with arguing that the 10 Commandments are separate from the Law of Moses.

Get back to me when you are up to being friendly in your discussions. I don't have much patience for rudeness.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Randy Kluth

You are obfuscating.

Cite a pre-Internet reference for The Dog-And-Pony Ambiguous Commandments Show or don't. It's up to you.

The most famous Evangelist of the 20th century was Billy Graham. He wasn't a Pelagianist (which has absolutely nothing to do with nullifying the 4th commandment, btw) or a Seventh-day Adventist, but he had this to say about throwing out the baby with the bath water when it came to the Law of GOD:

From the Dallas Times/Herald:

Question:
Some religious people I know tell me that the ten commandments are a part of the law and do not apply to us today. They say that, as Christians, we are free from the law. Is that right?

Answer from Evangelist Billy Graham:
No, it is not right, and I hope you'll not be misled by these false opinions. It is important to understand what the New Testament means when it says that Christians are free from the law. It certainly does not mean that they are free from the obligations of the moral law of God and are at liberty to sin. You see the word "law" is used by the New Testament writers in two senses: Sometimes it refers to the ceremonial law of the Old Testament which is concerned about ritual matters and regulations regarding food and drink and things of this kind. This ceremonial law was of a passing character and was done away when Christ came. From this law Christians are indeed free. But, the New Testament also speaks of a moral law which is of a permanent, unchanging character and is summarized in the ten commandments. This law sets forth God's demands on human life and man's duty to God and neighbor, and that it definitely applies to the Christian is made clear in Romans 10:8-10. Of course, it is quite true that the Christian is not saved by his efforts to keep the law but, as one who is saved by God's mercy through faith in Christ, He is under an obligation to obey God's law. As it has been said, in Christ we are free from sin but not free to sin. "If you love me," He said, "keep my commandments."
joy:Amennnnnnnnn!
God bless you Billy. You are missed.

You do know there is going to be rebuttal to that.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is the law under Moses for sabbath keeping = Exodus 31:12-17

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”
No argument, except I am wondering why you persist in describing the weekly Sabbath as being "under Moses". Or the "law of Moses". Well, actually I do know, is because you are too much of a coward to admit the Sabbath as belonging to God and a part of HIS LAW.
This is the Fulfillment of Sabbath REST by the Lord Jesus Christ = John 3:16 , Matt 11:28 , Hebrew chapter 4
You are sounding like a broken record. The scratching made no music the first time you played it, and it is now getting worse every time you repeat it.
Nobody is pointing fingers,
Really? ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

As for this...
We all appreciate and are grateful that you tolerate our assembling together on Sabbath. I look forward to the time when you withdraw your toleration because you don't approve of the manner in which we worship.
As for the following, this is a grossly insidiously used quote of scripture not dissimilar to the manner in which the papacy used scripture in their accusations against heretics while they were burnt alive at the stake. The very same spirit of persecution and hatred drips from the pages. No-one is pointing the finger? How can you write such garbage with a straight face?
BIG BIG PROBLEM: "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is pointing fingers, but we exalting CHRIST above religion that seeks to bring people into bondage.
Jas 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Jas 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Gal 1:13
For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
Gal 1:14
And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Mar 7:9
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Mat 15:4
For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Mat 15:5
But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
Mat 15:6
And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Is the seventh day Sabbath a tradition? Is it a religion?

As you go through the OT the keeping of the seventh day Sabbath changed many hands.
In the beginning let's say the gate was closed, you will not find it in the field.. manna that is.
Later the gates were open day and night, and again only open on the Sabbath and again, closed on the sabbath.
In the book of revelation the gates are open all the time and there is no night there. Meaning the gates never close.

Now this I want to say. Anyone who seeks rest with the Lord whenever the gates are open, are free to enter those gates and have fellowship with the Lord.

Exo 20:10
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Deu 5:14
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Neh 13:19
And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day.

Psa 24:7
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

Psa 118:19
Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:

Pro 8:34
Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Isa 26:2
Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.

Isa 60:11
Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.
Isa 60:18
Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
Isa 62:10
Go through, go through the gates; prepare ye the way of the people; cast up, cast up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people.

Zec 8:16
These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:

Rev 21:21
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:25
And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Just something to think about
hugs

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't have the patience, you probably better rest up. You are so full of insults it makes me question whether you're even walking with the Lord? If disagreements drive you away from your peace with the Lord, you should take time out.

Quoting Billy Graham doesn't do it for me either, nor the argument that others have applied the 10 Commandments as distinct from the Law. What they are really doing is just pointing out that the moral aspects of the Law continue in the NT. It has nothing to do with arguing that the 10 Commandments are separate from the Law of Moses.

Get back to me when you are up to being friendly in your discussions. I don't have much patience for rudeness.

Baloney. It doesn't seem to take much to insult you. You're quitting.

And since you don't have straight answers, the ad hominem is coming out and now my standing and peace with God is being called into question. I certainly never went that far with you.

Ironic, but no problem—I'm used to it. I recognize that hate for the law, in general, and the Sabbath, in particular is much worse than it is toward me personally.

Billy Graham is just an example of the pre-Internet mindset of Christian teaching and leadership and his testimony has EVERYTHING to do with the Ten Commandments being separate from "the law of Moses," as the term is so fondly used by postmodern, neo-New Covenant Internet Bible twisters.

I apologize for the rude tone but either you have pre-Internet Christian references for the Ten Commandments being merely a part of the Jewish-compiled Mitzvot or you don't, and either the commandments being referred to in Hebrews 7 are the same as the ones cited in Romans 7 or they're not.

The ball is in your court. If you refuse to answer, the picture tells the story that YOU ARE QUITTING.

By the way, don't get to worrying that you're the first one who's failed this test. You could still be the first to pass it, though.