Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man o man
Maybe God one day may reveal Himself inseparable from his Law. "You search the Scriptures as though you find life in them BUT THEY WITNESS OF ME" SAID JESUS CHRIST.

Post script hint. Try write one post without using the words I or we or my or our for once. DOES NOT SCRIPTURE SAY IT IS "the Sabbath Day OF THE LORD---your / my---GOD". Let Christ Jesus declare: "the third day I, RISE !"... not i, me, you, they. Let the "LORD OF THE SABBATH" be LORD of the Sabbath Day; let us, be still, and HIM, BE TRIUMPHATOR. Then let us raise the SONG OF MOSES AND OF THE LAMB, Exodus 15, "Then (on the third day when the LORD GOD had brought his People up out of the Red Sea and grave of sin and death) sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name."
Wrong member.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Doesn't He supply my spiritual need at all times? This is the Sabbath rest in Christ, in which we rest from ALL our works. All.

My mind is on my Creator for the greatest part of 24/7, not just one day on the weekend. My reliance upon Him is at all times.
FAKING BOASTER OF SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS and OWN WORKS of unrighteousness! You think God accepts <This Sabbath rest in which we rest from all our works> for us just claiming it to be <in Christ>, never mind that it is nowhere and no-how, in Scripture?

• Sad
Reactions: David in NJ

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jeremiah 31:31-32​

King James Version​

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

God made a covenant with Israel! It was Gods covenant with Israel! Wrong again!

Calling a brother a lying devil worshipper is bearing false witness!
And probably against forum rules. lol

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding old covenant law is you and is your adding old covenant law, Pharisee! YOURS is the path of Pharisees and Sadducees that weighs down in sin and guilt. GOD NEVER HAD AND SCRIPTURE NEVER SPEAKS OF AN 'OLD COVENANT' THAT WAS GOD'S, YOU LYING DEVIL WORSHIPPER.
You might want to delete that last part. It is a reportable offense here.

There are many who utilize Google to find scripture excerpts so to argue with Christians here.

They betray themselves.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
ou might want to delete that last part. It is a reportable offense here.
Serpent Hagee more subtle than the Beast,

To the Woman said, I say unto thee,

Ye would think God hath said,

This is the day the Lord hath made;

But I say unto thee, This is the day

When from the pit I was raised and

of the Great Harlot a Daughter, was born.

The most absolute Christian bigot

With whom no priests of Baal have been on par...

No popes' rays of own glory reached as far...

Where as heatless show

Of Lucifer’s prideful harmless wrath…

Jeremiah 23:13

Among the prophets I saw an offensive,

This repulsive thing:

They were terribly evil,

They prophesied by Baal

And led my people astray.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He spoke Truth, so why are you being obstinate?

Calling someone "stupid" for speaking the Truth is a terrible sin to commit!

He more or less said what I was saying and then added....if you are Christian or not, it's nothing - sultsch - there is no requirement in the Bible to observe the Jewish Saturday Sabbath. So why mention it ? You're not joking, you're ridiculous.

Mentioning the Jewish Sabbath is not wrong. He just found a way to be rude.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath was instituted at Creation WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before Moses. All the Commandments were in place, or there wouldn't be ant definition of sin (transgression of the Law) Also God wrote the 10 with His finger. Moses wrote down the rest.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath is the Mosaic Law (ten commandments) and if you want to keep it, make sure you don't do any work or make anyone in you rhome work or force others to work on your behalf. That is the Sabbath commandment.
The 4th entry in God's commands is to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.

Jesus obeyed the laws of God perfectly. He,being Lord of the Sabbath,he who gave it to man and made the Sabbath for us, observed the Sabbath rightly.

As did the Apostles after him.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He more or less said what I was saying and then added....if you are Christian or not, it's nothing - sultsch - there is no requirement in the Bible to observe the Jewish Saturday Sabbath. So why mention it ? You're not joking, you're ridiculous.

Mentioning the Jewish Sabbath is not wrong. He just found a way to be rude.
Thank You for the update

His responses to me shows that we are not dealing with a full deck of cards

• Sad
Reactions: BlessedPeace

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 4th entry in God's commands is to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.

Jesus obeyed the laws of God perfectly. He,being Lord of the Sabbath,he who gave it to man and made the Sabbath for us, observed the Sabbath rightly.

As did the Apostles after him.
ABSOLUTELY

Then came His Death and Resurrection and Pentecost = the New Covenant

Reactions: dev553344