Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False beliefs die hard! False beliefs are dangerous! And even if they are popular they can get you into big trouble.

A lot Christians know the Ten summaries of the Mosaic Law in chapter 20 better than the teaching and moral guides of the New Testament. And they call these summaries the Ten Commandments and then in pictures they display them on the Tablets, but the Bible never indicates they were written on the Tablets and then a lot of them post them as a moral guide, when the picture of them on tablets is a lie. And they pay little attention to the Ten Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments in chapter 34 and established the Old Covenant with and actually had Moses write them on the Tablets.

When they separate the ten summaries from the Mosaic Law and preach to people they are not part of the Mosaic Law it is one of the worst sacrileges in the Old Testament so they are out of that Covenant.

When they use the ten summaries and post them as a moral guide they are severed from Christ and have fallen from Grace. So they are in neither covenant. When they preach the ten summaries in chapter 20 as a moral guide they are effectively anti-Christ and lead a lot a people to follow them out of either Covenant and they are lost.

All of this is very serious thing that can lead people to Hell and in the end those that preach it will answer for all those lost souls. Words mean things. You cannot go into the Bible and mix things up as you wish….you will end up drawing back a stub.

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments. Exodus 34:27-28

God did not say any of this about the ten summaries in chapter 20….Not as the framework for the covenant or that they were written on the Tablets of the Testimony.

You have been warned!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All TEN Commandments are there in PERSON.
Thus the 7th NEW Commandment of the 7th Day = "Come and follow ME"

The commandments that JESUS did not state is because they are in HIM and Point to HIM.

Love the LORD God with all your heart = JESUS and the FATHER are ONE
No other gods/idols = JESUS says, If you love ME keep MY commandments
Keep the Sabbath = JESUS is the 7th Day of REST = "Come to ME and I will give you REST"

Everyday is Sabbath REST in CHRIST = "I will write My laws on their minds and their hearts"

Saturday is a great day to gather in fellowship = so also is "the first day of the week"
So, you agree that although Jesus is our lifegiver, our faithfulness, our reward, and our truth, we aren't free to kill, commit adultery, steal, or lie.......YET......somehow you think Jesus our rest grants us permission to forget the only commandment that begins with the word "Remember".

Got it.

I'm so thankful God's Remnant church - into which He's calling His people to
Compare

Luke 23:44-46
Now it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
Then the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn in two.
And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’
” Having said this, He breathed His last.

Compare
John 12:35
Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” These things Jesus spoke, and departed, and was hidden from them.
We were discussing the absence of the mention of "evening" on the 7th day of Creation - why are you bringing up Friday and Jesus' admonition to walk in light as soon as it's sent to us?

I've no doubt the 7th day of Creation did indeed incorporate "evening" and "morning" as every other day since the Day 1 of Creation, and this little "truth" you think you've cornered doesn't amount to anything.

Jesus "our Sabbath rest" doesn't permit us to forget the only commandment which begins with "Remember" any more than Jesus "our truth" doesn't permit us to break the 9th, a premise-destroying fact you refuse to address.

We can make the Bible say whatever we want if we cast aside Biblical consistency, right?

Reactions: BarneyFife

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot Christians know the Ten summaries
You spelled "commandments" wrong.
...but the Bible never indicates they were written on the Tablets
"...even Ten Commandments, and He wrote them on two tables of stone."
and then a lot of them post them as a moral guide, when the picture of them on tablets is a lie. And they pay little attention to the Ten Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments in chapter 34 and established the Old Covenant with and actually had Moses write them on the Tablets.
No where does it say Moses wrote anything on stone tablets.
When they separate the ten summaries from the Mosaic Law and preach to people they are not part of the Mosaic Law it is one of the worst sacrileges in the Old Testament so they are out of that Covenant.
There are several irrefutable arguments from Scripture showing the distinction between the Moral Law and the Mosaic Law.
When they use the ten summaries and post them as a moral guide they are severed from Christ and have fallen from Grace.
No, when they employ obedience to them as a means to be saved, they have fallen from grace. We are saved by grace through faith, not keeping the Ten Commandments. Keeping them is evidence we've been saved, and rebelling against them is evidence a person is on their way to split hell wide open.
So they are in neither covenant. When they preach the ten summaries in chapter 20 as a moral guide they are effectively anti-Christ and lead a lot a people to follow them out of either Covenant and they are lost.
"... not on tables of stone, but on the fleshly tables of the heart". The NC has the Holy Spirit writing what was written in stone on our heart - ALL TEN.
All of this is very serious thing that can lead people to Hell and in the end those that preach it will answer for all those lost souls. Words mean things. You cannot go into the Bible and mix things up as you wish….you will end up drawing back a stub.
"If any man shall break any one of these least commandments (Sabbath is considered "least", right?) and shall teach men so, the same shall be called "least" in the kingdom of heaven".
God did not say any of this about the ten summaries in chapter 20….Not as the framework for the covenant or that they were written on the Tablets of the Testimony.

You have been warned!
God had already written them down on stone and they were stored under the Mercy Seat while the Mosaic Law was place "in the SIDE of the Ark". (That's one of those "proofs" the Bible gives to show the distinction between the Moral and the Mosaic)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even Ten Commandments, and He wrote them on two tables of stone."
Show the scripture that says the summaries in chapter 20 were written on the tablets.

No where does it say Moses wrote anything on stone tablets.

Oh my! I am pretty sure you have read this scripture....LOL
27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments. Exodus 34:27-28

There are several irrefutable arguments from Scripture showing the distinction between the Moral Law and the Mosaic Law.

You will never find this in the Old Testament scriptures and "the Law" does not come forward in the New Testament.

No, when they employ obedience to them as a means to be saved, they have fallen from grace. We are saved by grace through faith, not keeping the Ten Commandments. Keeping them is evidence we've been saved, and rebelling against them is evidence a person is on their way to split hell wide open.

Absolutely wrong its justification, look at the scripture, not salvation they are looking to the Law that they have separated from the rest of the Law for moral guidance which is a violation of the Old Covenant and the New Covenant….and it is all a lie anyway….because they put the summaries in pictures of the tablets not the actual Ten Commandments.

God had already written them down on stone and they were stored under the Mercy Seat while the Mosaic Law was place "in the SIDE of the Ark". (That's one of those "proofs" the Bible gives to show the distinction between the Moral and the Mosaic)

You are getting the sequence of the storyline mixed up. Read Exodus chapter 20 through 34.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All TEN Commandments are there in PERSON.
Thus the 7th NEW Commandment of the 7th Day = "Come and follow ME"

The commandments that JESUS did not state is because they are in HIM and Point to HIM.

Love the LORD God with all your heart = JESUS and the FATHER are ONE
No other gods/idols = JESUS says, If you love ME keep MY commandments
Keep the Sabbath = JESUS is the 7th Day of REST = "Come to ME and I will give you REST"

Everyday is Sabbath REST in CHRIST = "I will write My laws on their minds and their hearts"

Saturday is a great day to gather in fellowship = so also is "the first day of the week"
I've never seen a more blatant example of Biblical inconsistency than your argument that "Jesus our rest" grants us permission to forget the only commandment that begins with the word "Remember" --- while refusing to argue that "Jesus our truth" permits us to lie, or "Jesus our lifegiver" permits us to take life, or "Jesus our faithfulness" permits us to commit adultery.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never seen a more blatant example of Biblical inconsistency than your argument that "Jesus our rest" grants us permission to forget the only commandment that begins with the word "Remember" --- while refusing to argue that "Jesus our truth" permits us to lie, or "Jesus our lifegiver" permits us to take life, or "Jesus our faithfulness" permits us to commit adultery.
Let us LOOK together at this commandment found in - Exodus 20:1-17

1And God spoke all these words, saying:

2“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3“You shall have no other gods before Me.

4“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

7“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

8Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

12“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

13“You shall not murder.

14“You shall not commit adultery.

15“You shall not steal.

16“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

Can you find anywhere in the GOSPEL where the LORD Jesus Christ "reminded" us of this commandment???

attention @Brakelite @BarneyFife @BlessedPeace

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show the scripture that says the summaries in chapter 20 were written on the tablets.
Oh my! I am pretty sure you have read this scripture....LOL
What you've read is "he" - not "Moses" wrote on the tables of stone...but who does "he" refer to?

Exodus 34:1 KJV and Deuteronomy 10:1-4 both say the "he" refers to GOD.
You will never find this in the Old Testament scriptures and "the Law" does not come forward in the New Testament.
Not only are the distinctions there, but they totally disprove your position.
Absolutely wrong its justification, look at the scripture, not salvation they are looking to the Law that they have separated from the rest of the Law for moral guidance which is a violation of the Old Covenant and the New Covenant….and it is all a lie anyway….because they put the summaries in pictures of the tablets not the actual Ten Commandments.
Not following any of this - please explain.
You are getting the sequence of the storyline mixed up. Read Exodus chapter 20 through 34.
I think you're getting things mixed up. God put the tables of stone INSIDE the ark under the mercy seat, while the law Moses wrote was placed "in the SIDE of the ark" separate from the stone tablets.

Everyone knows the only things INSIDE the ark were Aaron's rod, the ephah of manna, and the tables of stone.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us LOOK together at this commandment found in - Exodus 20:1-17

1And God spoke all these words, saying:

2“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage.

3“You shall have no other gods before Me.

4“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting[c] the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

7“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

8“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

12“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

13“You shall not murder.

14“You shall not commit adultery.

15“You shall not steal.

16“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

Can you find anywhere in the GOSPEL where the LORD Jesus Christ "reminded" us of this commandment???

attention @Brakelite @BarneyFife @BlessedPeace
Are you saying the only commandment we're allowed to forget is the only commandment that begins with the word "remember"?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
100% CORRECT on your statement here.

If anyone seeks to 'add' to the FINISHED Work of God by keeping the old law, they will die in their sin of unbelief.

Since the 7th Day speaks of Christ, then no other work can be done in the sight of God = all will be rejected.

Thus the Holy Spirit confirms the Gospel REST we all must enter into and REMAIN in = Hebrews ch4

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:
“And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;
and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

God does not give us an alternative to His Sabbath REST in CHRIST
Christ and Him alone = "It is FINISHED"
Does all this mean you're going to start keeping the 4th commandment as it's written by working only the first six days of the week and then keep the 7th day Sabbath holy by not working on it, and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL You being funny of course the Ten Commandments were written on the tablets of stone....Not the summaries.

What you've read is "he" - not "Moses" wrote on the tables of stone...but who does "he" refer to?

Exodus 34:1 KJV and Deuteronomy 10:1-4 both say GOD WROTE on the second set of stone tablets.

I am not saying that God did not write on the Tablets. The scriptures says that God told Moses the Ten Commandments in Chapter 34 and told him to write them the tablets.

Not only are the distinctions there, but they totally disprove your position.

LOL produce the scripture(s).

Not following any of this - please explain.

See post #661

I think you're getting things mixed up. God put the tables of stone INSIDE the ark under the mercy seat, while the law Moses wrote was placed "in the SIDE of the ark" separate from the stone tablets.

Everyone knows the only things INSIDE the ark were Aaron's rod, the ephah of manna, and the tables of stone.

Again read the storyline

They could not be in the Ark until God gave the tablets to Moses.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying the only commandment we're allowed to forget is the only commandment that begins with the word "remember"?
"Keep the sabbath holy" is the ONLY commandment given with the specific command of "REMEMBER"

This command BEGAN with God in Genesis and BECOMES one of the Big TEN in Exodus and the ONLY one with "REMEMBER" attached to it.

The 3rd Most Important commandment that is attached to:
#1 - "Love God, no graven images , no other gods before HIM"
#2 - "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain,"
#3 - “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy"

Certainly, the LORD Jesus Christ did not forget this MOST IMPORTANT Commandment.

For if Christ forgot to "REMEMBER" to tell His Disciples this commandment HE would of committed sin.

Can you find it in the GOSPEL???

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But they didn't remember. Because if they had they would of seen the fulfilment of that commandment in the rest Jesus offered them.

Come unto ME... But they would not hear.

Lev 16:31
It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.
NIV
It is a day of sabbath rest, and you must deny yourselves; it is a lasting ordinance.
CSB
“It is a Sabbath of complete rest for you, and you must practice self-denial; it is a permanent statute.

Mat 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar 8:34

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luk 9:23

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

hugs

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But they didn't remember. Because if they had they would of seen the fulfilment of that commandment in the rest Jesus offered them.

Come unto ME... But they would not hear.

Lev 16:31
It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.
NIV
It is a day of sabbath rest, and you must deny yourselves; it is a lasting ordinance.
CSB
“It is a Sabbath of complete rest for you, and you must practice self-denial; it is a permanent statute.

Mat 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar 8:34

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luk 9:23

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

hugs

Which is why the writer of Hebrews said this: Hebrews 2:1

Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.
For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward,
how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 15:22
So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.
Exo 15:23
And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
Exo 15:24
And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
Exo 15:25
And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
Exo 15:26
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
Exo 15:27
And they came to Elim, where were twelve wells of water, and threescore and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.

Luk 9:1
Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
Luk 9:2
And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luk 9:3
And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
Luk 9:4
And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
Luk 9:5
And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
Luk 9:6
And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Luk 10:1
After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
Luk 10:2
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luk 10:3
Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
Luk 10:4
Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
Luk 10:5
And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luk 10:6
And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luk 10:7
And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
Luk 10:8
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
Luk 10:9
And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:10
But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
Luk 10:11
Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:12
But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.
And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
And they came to Elim, where were twelve wells of water, and threescore and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.

Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

hugs

VERY NICE and i SEE - TY

Reactions: Ziggy

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hugs
Exodus 15:25-27 is another example by which God attaches ALL of the Commmandments to CHRIST by BEGINNING with:

verse 25 - "TREE" this made the water good to drink = John 7:37-39
(the religious leaders muddied the waters of Truth and the WORD became flesh to Cleanse/Heal/Save = John ch4)

verse 26 = "If you will harken/listen/hear His voice" = John 5:24 , Hebrews 4:6

verse 27 = 12 + 70 = Joshua 4:8 and Numbers 11:16 , Daniel 9:24 and Luke 6:13 , Luke 10:1

Hebrews 4:6
Since therefore it remains(GOSPEL) that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hugs
OK i edited Post 677 as there was more.............