Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're saying that the Ten Commandments are something different from what people have always known they were, which is a preposterous thing to expect rational people to believe.

Your hobby horse is just fringe weirdness. Sorry, but it's true and arrogant persistence is going to get you nowhere, which I guess is okay with you, since you've repeatedly stated that you just don't care.

And I can't help being reminded of the "tinkling cymbal/sounding brass" thing in Paul's Epistles.

My mom used to say "You're just talking to hear your head roar."

If you don't care, then the influence of your voice is heard to worse effect than if you just kept still.

I hear this sentiment quite often, and I think it is usually just a ploy to convince oneself that they have done their due diligence and are justified in denying the pain that comes from rejection of what they believe or in denying the sharing of Christ's genuine pain over people they believe are without hope.

Either way it is a sad thing to watch and I acknowledge it with no satisfaction.

Exodus 34
27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

The only Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments or even Commandments at all....are in Exodus 34:10:28

The only Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments that are the Covenants starters…..are in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you…. are in Exodus 34:10:28

The only Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments that God told Moses to write on the Tablets of the Testimony are in Exodus 34:10:28

The ten items in chapter 20 are short summaries of the basic morals of the 613 Mosaic Laws.
The Bible does not say they were written on the tablets and are no more significant to the Covenant than any other Law. And God did not call them the Ten Commandments.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7 says they are.

The New Testament is all about saying Christians are not under the Law.
And the storyline of Acts is about Judaizers…..people like you harassing Paul’s ministry.

2nd Corinthians 3:7-8 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

Galatians 3:12 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.....”

Galatians 3:1-5 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Galatians 5:4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

1st Corinthians 9:20 “And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;”

Romans 4:15 “for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.”

Romans 6:14 “For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.”

Romans 6:15 “What then? Are we to sin because we are not under the Law but under grace?”

Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath me free from the law of sin and death.”

Romans 7:6 “But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.”

Romans 7:8 “But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.”

2nd Corinthians 3:3 “being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.”

Galatians 4:21 “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, do you not listen to the law?”

Galatians 3:10 “For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

Galatians 3:24-25 “So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Galatians 2:16 “Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”

Galatians 2:21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Hebrews 8:13 “In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.”

Romans 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off again, you do not know what the Ten Commandments are. Find the scripture where God called the ten summaries.....the Ten Commandments or even called them Commandments. Then find in the New Testament where the phrase Ten Commandments occur.

I am not straddling anything, I am saying the ten summaries or the Ten Commandments or the Mosaic Law has nothing to do with Christianity.
Why are you denying what the entire Christian world recognizes as the Ten Commandments?

Deuteronomy 4:13 KJV
[13] And He declared unto you His covenant, which He commanded you to perform, even Ten Commandments; and He wrote them upon two tables of stone.

It begins with "Thou shalt have no other gods..." and ends with "Thou shalt not covet".

Disagree? Bring it on.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you denying what the entire Christian world recognizes as the Ten Commandments?

[13] And He declared unto you His covenant, which He commanded you to perform, even Ten Commandments; and He wrote them upon two tables of stone.

It begins with "Thou shalt have no other gods..." and ends with "Thou shalt not covet".

Disagree? Bring it on.
Not interested in a “popular religion” I am interested in the truth.

If Billy jumps off the cliff are you going to follow him.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is not about the Old Testament and they are talking about Christ’s Commandments.
Jesus Christ spoke the Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai because Jesus is the God of the Old Testament, as anyone can see.

I thought a White Rastafarian was the all time most confused individual on the planet until you said Christians don't have to keep the Ten Commandments while refusing to publicly state we may break them.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not interested in a “popular religion” I am interested in the truth.

If Billy jumps off the cliff are you going to follow him.
Anyone who claims to be interested in truth while refusing to acknowledge God wrote the Ten Commandments on two tables of stone is only interested in "doubtful disputations".

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ spoke the Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai because Jesus is the God of the Old Testament, as anyone can see.

I thought a White Rastafarian was the all time most confused individual on the planet until you said Christians don't have to keep the Ten Commandments while refusing to publicly state we may break them.

Too stupid to respond to

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 34
27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

The only Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments or even Commandments at all....are in Exodus 34:10:28

The only Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments that are the Covenants starters…..are in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you…. are in Exodus 34:10:28

The only Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments that God told Moses to write on the Tablets of the Testimony are in Exodus 34:10:28

The ten items in chapter 20 are short summaries of the basic morals of the 613 Mosaic Laws.
The Bible does not say they were written on the tablets and are no more significant to the Covenant than any other Law. And God did not call them the Ten Commandments.

The New Testament is all about saying Christians are not under the Law.
And the storyline of Acts is about Judaizers…..people like you harassing Paul’s ministry.

2nd Corinthians 3:7-8 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

Galatians 3:12 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.....”

Galatians 3:1-5 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Galatians 5:4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

1st Corinthians 9:20 “And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;”

Romans 4:15 “for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.”

Romans 6:14 “For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.”

Romans 6:15 “What then? Are we to sin because we are not under the Law but under grace?”

Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath me free from the law of sin and death.”

Romans 7:6 “But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.”

Romans 7:8 “But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.”

2nd Corinthians 3:3 “being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.”

Galatians 4:21 “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, do you not listen to the law?”

Galatians 3:10 “For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

Galatians 3:24-25 “So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Galatians 2:16 “Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”

Galatians 2:21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Hebrews 8:13 “In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.”

Romans 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

5ce4ae7f99724df495c6f71702650e85.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F7032ba2c-c7d3-4c65-a4fa-c13d707001fe_997x638.png

:hmhehm :watching and waiting: :Bubbles: :no reply: hmmx1: :Zzzzz: :crossword: :coff

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't specify "winter Sabbaths".

He said, "...neither on the Sabbath day" meaning any of the 52 weekly Sabbaths.
Nope

JESUS said winter or a sabbath day because NEITHER time is beneficial to have to flee.

THINK THINK THINK = You just worked six days and now you have to FLEE after a long work week!

It has NOTHING to do with keeping the sabbath.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too stupid to respond to
What, you don't think it was the "Second Person in the Godhead" at Mount Sinai? This can be proven six ways to Sabbath (the real "Lord's day").

No wonder your theology is so messed up.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

JESUS said winter or a sabbath day because NEITHER time is beneficial to have to flee.

THINK THINK THINK = You just worked six days and now you have to FLEE after a long work week!

It has NOTHING to do with keeping the sabbath.
Words mean things. He didn't specify "winter Sabbaths".

He specified "winter" meaning "the season of winter" - and also specified "sabbath day" meaning any of the 52 weekly Sabbaths.

See, your dealing with a very patient SDA who loves everyone, even those who lack reading comprehension - the papacy would've burned you at the stake out of sheer frustration long before they got around to charging you with "heresy" ;)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, you don't think it was the "Second Person in the Godhead" at Mount Sinai? This can be proven six ways to Sabbath (the real "Lord's day").

No wonder your theology is so messed up.

You are funny as you are messed up.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are funny as you are messed up.
Of COURSE it was Jesus at Mount Sinai.

As in the case of Dave, you're fortunate that we SDAs are so patient with those who lack reading comprehension skills...the papacy would have had you burned at the stake out of sheer frustration long before they ever got around to charging you with heresy ;)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Moses plainly says God wrote the Ten Commandments on two tables of stone.

Well He certainly did the first time but those tablets were smashed and and He never called the ten summaries in Chapter 20 commandments. Then on the 2nd trip God told Moses to write the actual Ten Commandments in Exodus 34 on the two Tablets of the Testimony.

God spoke the Ten Commandments Exodus 34:10-26 and told Moses to write them on the Tablets.

Again those interested in the truth just have to read the scriptures.

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Words mean things. He didn't specify "winter Sabbaths".

He specified "winter" meaning "the season of winter" - and also specified "sabbath day" meaning any of the 52 weekly Sabbaths.

See, your dealing with a very patient SDA who loves everyone, even those who lack reading comprehension - the papacy would've burned you at the stake out of sheer frustration long before they got around to charging you with "heresy" ;)

Correct

JESUS never commanded us to keep saturday sabbath = that old covenant era has ended and a NEW Covenant is TODAY.

JESUS said winter or a sabbath day because NEITHER time is conducive to fleeing from your enemies.

It has NOTHING to do with keeping the sabbath and everything to do with FLEEING for your life.