Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, just as I expected—an absolutely irrelevant DODGE and NON-ANSWER to my specific challenge of your fanciful interpretations of Genesis 2 (a repeat of last summer).

Neo-Gnosticism in the guise of legitimate spirituality.

Barney, It's a Children's Book

O Lord, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth,
Who have set Your glory above the heavens!

Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have ordained strength,
Psalm8:2

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a child, there was absolutely no ambiguity about the Ten Commandments. You can obfuscate all you like—IT IS A SCAM.

Aboslute no ambiguity with the Ten commandments and none with God's Day of REST, other wise know as 'TODAY'.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
7again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the fact God made Sabbath for us,not us for the Sabbath is sufficient.

Adding that we are to let no one judge us for keeping God's Sabbath gift,all efforts to judge and dissuade are unnecessary. And in fact contrary to scripture.
I agree with you. and those who wish to keep Sabbath are also forbidden to judge those who honor every day or sunday or Tuesday!

Reactions: David in NJ

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Next: No Sabbath rest was talking about ceasing from normal or all labors of man of any kind, ever! This is here the second exhibit of you, Ronald Nolette, being of kinship with the LIAR FROM THE BEGINNING: the devil. This is why, that "ALL SCRIPTURE" - SAYS JESUS CHRIST - including all Sabbath Scriptures, talk about GOD'S, Works, of His, working, working, making, creating, EARNING, "HIS REST THE REST OF GOD"... katapausis Theou : "WHEREFORE for the People OF GOD, resting the Sabbath Day remains, and remains valid, and remains forever"... Ara apoleipetai Sabbatismos tohi laohi tou Theou!
Deuteronomy 5:14
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Your ad-hominems are given the lack of respect they deserve. and you are an easy one to prove to lie against tGod and His Word! YOu will be shocked when you see me walking the streets of gold because of the grace and blood of Jesus!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am into tracking down scams....what do you mean scam?

Oh, so that's what Grail Hunter means! laughing.gif

I agree with you. and those who wish to keep Sabbath are also forbidden to judge those who honor every day or sunday or Tuesday!

But, the SDA home office doesn't see it that way disagree.gif

By you posting this, you profane the very integrity and fame of this great man of God!

Spurgeon was a calvinist so.;.. he';s a heretic agree.gif

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath is a day of our week. Not any day or any other day. And it is certainly not on the pagan day of the Sun.

The scripture I shared is clear regarding judgement of Sabbath worship.

It's amazing to me how people insist they are entitled to abrogate God's words with their own traditions.

Reactions: Brakelite

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the time when someone brings up the Mosaic Law and or observing the Sabbath it is about them trying to convince people they are holier than thou. When in fact they know very little about the Mosaic Law and the Sabbath and if they new anything about Judaism and Christianity they would know the irrelevancy of the whole topic.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the time when someone brings up the Mosaic Law and or observing the Sabbath it is about them trying to convince people they are holier than thou. When in fact they know very little about the Mosaic Law and the Sabbath and if they new anything about Judaism and Christianity they would know the irrelevancy of the whole topic.
Hogwash.

Reactions: Brakelite

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Part 1. <when someone brings up the Mosaic Law and or observing the Sabbath it is about them trying to convince people they are holier than thou.> WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT HERE AGAIN AS ALWAYS! HYPOCRITE! Paul wrote whatever one accuses another of sinning one sins the same.

Part 2. <When in fact they know very little about the Mosaic Law and the Sabbath and if they new anything about Judaism and Christianity they would know the irrelevancy of the whole topic.> WHICH EXACTLY SHOWS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT the Law and the Sabbath "OF THE LORD GOD" and that there is not the smallest <if> that you represent everything Judaism and false Christianity relate to.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
judge those who honor every day or sunday or Tuesday!
They are the judges unto themselves then: They honour Sunday or Tuesday, say you, but you blame the Sabbath believers for their idolatry...
Thank God for Colossians 2:16, "Do not let yourselves be judged and condemned with regard to your eating and drinking of Sabbath-feast of Christ the Substance and Nourishment ministered"
Meh oun tis humahs krinetoh en brohsei kai en posei heortehs Sabbatohn to de sohma tou Xristou epichorehgoumenon.