Why Keep Shabbat? I’M Not A Jew!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Murder is a sin. Would you really ask your friends to sin just so you could feel better?
Is it a sin to ask? Is it a sin to help someone end their life a few days earlier then they would normally die? Or is that showing LOVE, one of the two greatest commandments?

Watching someone in daily pain, coughing up blood, slowly dying is the Christian thing to do? I guess it is until your the person in daily pain, coughing up blood, slowly dying. Then you wish someone would help you end your pain a few days early.

Would it be ok if they gave me a drug that put me in a comatose state until I die? Are you really alive when your in a coma?

I will let you have the last word since we have gotten far off from the OP. I look forward to your response.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't take guilt trips.
I don't know what that means.

I guess or feel like it means you can't articulate a legitimate response. Thank you for your time.

Mary

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i agree, but then none of those are Decalogue, either, nor were any of them practiced by God in Genesis, nor foretold in Daniel and the Rev.

Let's be honest, everyone likes to shop on Saturday, Obama even made it "small bidness day," so why not just go shop and stop trying to justify it with some distortion of Scripture.

Sabbath way predates the Law iow, so now what. Do not be yoked with bad interpretations imo.

Circumcision was practiced in Genesis and predates the Law. Paul seemed to have no issue with getting rid of that enduring decree. Why don't you stop attacking people's freedom in Christ and accusing me of distorting Scripture. If you have a Scriptural response, then share it. P.S. If your quote is an attempt at racist humor, I suggest you stop that immediately.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess you all missed the point. My frien Pia in Western Australia, has being in pain for years, back, neck shoulder, you name it, got it so bad she started asking God to let her die. One day she did. Lying on her bed, she died. All of a sudden she was standing in this blackness like oil, you couldnt see a thing. She says your thought are still with you, your senses still work but there is nothing just blackness, you know there are others but you cant see them. Than she said for some reason, styill unknown to her she cried out to Jesus, and than He came, a bright light suddenly apeared and theer was Jesus. She asked Him, why didnt you come befor?? He answered her, Because you never called me with all your heart before.. Next thing she is back in bed and He is sitting with her and they talk, Now do you know what death is, death is complete and utter seperation from God, it is not something i desire. If they want to die, Than they must be right with God, but who knows Jesus has teh keys to hell so Hell can go where He likes, if they would but call.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Circumcision was practiced in Genesis and predates the Law.
one can argue differently, as Sabbath was kept by God before the first Law was given, "don't eat of the tree," but i am not claiming to be the arbiter of Scripture, ok, all i have is a pov.
Paul seemed to have no issue with getting rid of that enduring decree.
yet you are still circumcised, i bet
Why don't you stop attacking people's freedom in Christ and accusing me of distorting Scripture.
ok, when you stop encouraging others to break commandments, no problem.
or you can just find old offenses to ding me on, and i will get banned anyway, and if that works for you, then what can i do? You are free to enforce your opinion via banning if you like, but i don't mean this personally, Wormwood.
If you have a Scriptural response, then share it.
do whatever you want on Sabbath, i am not the arbiter of Law, and i already said as much. i don't go around castigating people for shopping on Saturday lol, i couldn't care less really. Maybe i just hit a little too close to home for you? What?
P.S. If your quote is an attempt at racist humor, I suggest you stop that immediately.
imo "bidness" evokes nothing so much as 3 fat southern white guys, if anything, so my apologies if you got offended there. Again.