Why laws, Rules, Religion Promotes Hate for Others

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion is like a cult, all that are outside of the cult are the enemy.

Example, Calvinism is the belief that God hates humanity. They believe that before the foundation of the world God predestinated that all of humanity would go to hell, except for a few that would call themselves Calvinist. People tend to mimic what their God is like. You will never hear a Calvinist recite John 3:16. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son".

Catholicism is a religion of law. The 33 Canons of The Council of Trent all end with if you don't believe and obey the Cannons you will be anathema. Anathema means to be banned or kicked out of the Catholic church. Catholics believe that anathema is to be sentenced to hell. Again, this makes for a cruel and authoritative God. Catholics don't talk much about John 3:16.

Islam is a militant religion. If you say anything bad about Islam, you might lose your head. Islam is one of the most hateful religions that there is. The reason that they are hateful is because the Koran says, "Kill the infidels" An infidel is an unbeliever in Islam. So, they believe that they are doing service to God when they kill the infidels.

Judaism like Catholicism is a religion of law. The Torah must be obeyed or you are not a Jew. The Mosiac law demands perfect obedience or death. That is the law. There is no mercy or grace in Judaism, because there is no savior. It's just you and the law.

All of the above religions have one thing in common, they all worship and believe in a cruel heartless God. They are all anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. Like I said before, people tend to mimic what they believe that their God is like. If you believe that God is a hateful, cruel, authoritative God, then chances are that you will be like him.

The God of Christianity is the one and only true God that loves the world and everyone in it, He loves the world so much that he sent his only begotten Son into the world to save the world. Not by laws, rules or religion, but by grace through faith alone. The God of Christianity is not willing that any should perish, but that all should repent and trust in him and be saved, 2 Peter 3:9.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Example, Calvinism is the belief that God hates humanity. They believe that before the foundation of the world God predestinated that all of humanity would go to hell, except for a few that would call themselves Calvinist. People tend to mimic what their God is like. You will never hear a Calvinist recite John 3:16. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son".

Catholicism is a religion of law. The 33 Canons of The Council of Trent all end with if you don't believe and obey the Cannons you will be anathema. Anathema means to be banned or kicked out of the Catholic church. Catholics believe that anathema is to be sentenced to hell. Again, this makes for a cruel and authoritative God. Catholics don't talk much about John 3:16.

Islam is a militant religion. If you say anything bad about Islam, you might lose your head. Islam is one of the most hateful religions that there is. The reason that they are hateful is because the Koran says, "Kill the infidels" An infidel is an unbeliever in Islam. So, they believe that they are doing service to God when they kill the infidels.

Judaism like Catholicism is a religion of law. The Torah must be obeyed or you are not a Jew. The Mosiac law demands perfect obedience or death. That is the law. There is no mercy or grace in Judaism, because there is no savior. It's just you and the law.

All of the above religions have one thing in common, they all worship and believe in a cruel heartless God. They are all anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. Like I said before, people tend to mimic what they believe that their God is like. If you believe that God is a hateful, cruel, authoritative God, then chances are that you will be like him.

The God of Christianity is the one and only true God that loves the world and everyone in it, He loves the world so much that he sent his only begotten Son into the world to save the world. Not by laws, rules or religion, but by grace through faith alone. The God of Christianity is not willing that any should perish, but that all should repent and trust in him and be saved, 2 Peter 3:9.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion does not make anyone a better person. If anything, it makes them a bad person. The Pharisees were about as religious as one can get. If you want to know what Jesus thought of them read the 23rd chapter of Matthew. It is shocking.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure is important, paramount even, to know God's attributes. Especially through the lens of Jesus :)
Our view of Him will change the course of our whole walk with Jesus!

When growing up Catholic, myself and all of my 6 siblings believed that God was always angry with us, I hated going to the really gaudy Icons, dark corners and looking at a bloody Jesus "still" on their crosses-we serve a "living" God. Like, who can forget what He went through?? We need no reminders, just open your bible.

Now, just seeing an empty cross, IS a good reminder of His resurrection :)

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure is important, paramount even, to know God's attributes. Especially through the lens of Jesus :)

When growing up Catholic, myself and all of my 6 siblings believed that God was always angry with us, I hated going to the really gaudy Icons, dark corners and looking at a bloody Jesus "still" on their crosses-we serve a "living" God. Like, who can forget what He went through?? We need no reminders, just open your bible.

Catholicism is a ministration of death, 2 Corinthians 3:7. It is all about death. Even the priest wear black suits, which is a symbol of death. All of the Catholic churches have a life size statue of the crucified Jesus hanging on the cross. Jesus is no longer on the cross he is in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you may be looking at this from *your own* perspective. After all, you're a bright, intelligent, educated ADULT woman. It would be easy for someone like you to "open your bible."

But what about the UNeducated? What about children who don't know how to read yet? Or those who don't have enough education to weed through all the "thee's and thou's?" Or someone from a foreign country who never heard of Jesus before? Or someone who doesn't even own a bible?

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism is a ministration of death, 2 Corinthians 3:7. It is all about death. Even the priest wear black suits, which is a symbol of death. All of the Catholic churches have a life size statue of the crucified Jesus hanging on the cross. Jesus is no longer on the cross he is in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.
"The symbolism of the cassock is as follows; The Roman collar symbolizes obedience; the Sash or cincture around that waist, chastity; and the color black, poverty. Moreover, black is a color of mourning arid death for the priest, the symbolism is dying to oneself to rise and serve the Lord as well as giving witness of the Kingdom yet to come."

And no...not ALL Catholic churches have a life-sized statue of the crucified Jesus hanging on the cross.

It's been said about you before, Robert. You need to get into some research, and stop passing on your assumptions as if THEY are "gospel."

Reactions: Philip James

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The symbolism of the cassock is as follows; The Roman collar symbolizes obedience; the Sash or cincture around that waist, chastity; and the color black, poverty. Moreover, black is a color of mourning arid death for the priest, the symbolism is dying to oneself to rise and serve the Lord as well as giving witness of the Kingdom yet to come."

And no...not ALL Catholic churches have a life-sized statue of the crucified Jesus hanging on the cross.

It's been said about you before, Robert. You need to get into some research, and stop passing on your assumptions as if THEY are "gospel."
The Catholic priest is nothing more than a glorified Pharisee. They don't believe the Gospel, so they are void of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is only given to those that believe the Gospel. Your Catholic church thinks that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are the Gospel. Paul said that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Paul said to the religious Galatians, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic priest is nothing more than a glorified Pharisee.
That's YOUR opinion. Unless you have reliable sources for your belief, I suggest you...you know what...
They don't believe the Gospel, so they are void of the Holy Spirit.
Again, WHERE'S your reliable source for this belief?
The Holy Spirit is only given to those that believe the Gospel. Your Catholic church thinks that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are the Gospel. Paul said that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Paul said to the religious Galatians, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.
Again, you REALLY have to learn about what "gospel" means.

Your opinion of Galatians 3:2 has nothing to do with the RCC believes about the Gospel.

You are so filled with HATE against the RCC, Robert. Maybe it's time for you to step back...

I have reported you...

Reactions: Philip James

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's YOUR opinion. Unless you have reliable sources for your belief, I suggest you...you know what...

Again, WHERE'S your reliable source for this belief?

Again, you REALLY have to learn about what "gospel" means.

Your opinion of Galatians 3:2 has nothing to do with the RCC believes about the Gospel.

You are so filled with HATE against the RCC, Robert. Maybe it's time for you to step back...

I have reported you...
I don't hate anyone or anything. However, I feel that I have a spiritual obligation to defend the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ" that is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes, Romans 1:16. The Catholic church is in denial of the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Galatians 3:2 refutes the Catholic idea that justification can be obtained through works.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All of the above religions have one thing in common, they all worship and believe in a cruel heartless God.

You are sadly mistaken..

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Alma Redemptoris Mater

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have found that obeying the Lord's commandments helps keep me out of trouble. I can never figure out why it disturbs people to hear me say that.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are sadly mistaken..

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Alma Redemptoris Mater
If Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Then why do you need a religion? Can it be that you don't have faith in Christ?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found that obeying the Lord's commandments helps keep me out of trouble. I can never figure out why it disturbs people to hear me say that.
Probably because you are under the law and under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't hate anyone or anything.
Well, by your posts condemning the RCC for things it hasn't done, you're sure not showing LOVE to it, either.
However, I feel that I have a spiritual obligation to defend the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ" that is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes, Romans 1:16.
By your constant bashing of Catholicism, you're not defending the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ." You've made earlier comments (several times) that the RCC "is in denial of the bible"...which, has been told to you, over and over again, ISN'T TRUE.
The Catholic church is in denial of the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. Galatians 3:2 refutes the Catholic idea that justification can be obtained through works.
Wrong again. Try reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church and actually learn what the church believes about Justification, Sanctification, faith, works and Grace, instead of spewing off what you're "heard" about it.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, by your posts condemning the RCC for things it hasn't done, you're sure not showing LOVE to it, either.

By your constant bashing of Catholicism, you're not defending the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ." You've made earlier comments (several times) that the RCC "is in denial of the bible"...which, has been told to you, over and over again, ISN'T TRUE.

Wrong again. Try reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church and actually learn what the church believes about Justification, Sanctification, faith, works and Grace, instead of spewing off what you're "heard" about it.
The Catholic church believes that justification is about what they do.

Council of Trent, Canon #9. "If anyone says that a sinner is justified by faith alone, meaning that nothing is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema".

Paul says that a man is justified by faith alone, Romans 4:2-5.

Reactions: Nancy