Why laws, Rules, Religion Promotes Hate for Others

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion is the word of Man. The Bible is the word of God. Why do you prefer to listen to the words of man? The word "Predestination" only appears in the Bible a few times. None of it is related to anyone's salvation. You have chosen to listen to the words of men. Just like Eve chose to listen to the words of Satan. Satan has begild you.
You don't even understand simple definition of words~I quoted 1828 Webster dictionary which you left out in your repoinse back to me Daniel Webster's definition of the word religion.

1. religion in its most comprehensive sense, includes a belief in the being and perfections of God, in the revelation of his will to man, in man's obligation to obey his commands, in a state of reward and punishment, and in man's accountableness to God; and also true godliness or piety of life, with the practice of all moral duties. It therefore comprehends theology, as a system of doctrines or principles, as well as practical piety; for the practice of moral duties without a belief in a divine lawgiver, and without reference to his will or commands, is not religion

2. religion as distinct from theology, is godliness or real piety in practice, consisting in the performance of all known duties to God and our fellow men, in obedience to divine command, or from love to God and his law. James 1:26.

3. religion as distinct from virtue, or morality, consists in the performance of the duties we owe directly to God, from a principle of obedience to his will. Hence we often speak of religion and virtue, as different branches of one system, or the duties of the first and second tables of the law.

Let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion

4. Any system of faith and worship. In this sense, religion comprehends the belief and worship of pagans and Mohammedans, as well as of christians; any religion consisting in the belief of a superior power or powers governing the world, and in the worship of such power or powers. Thus we speak of the religion of the Turks, of the Hindoos, of the Indians, etc. as well as of the christian religion We speak of false religion as well as of true religion
Please don't refer to me as ignorant. I have probably forgotten more about the bible than you will ever know.
Well Tobiah we will never know will we?...... Since all you do is make such accusation without even addressing the word of God head with men who are willing to take you on.

The word "Predestination" only appears in the Bible a few times. None of it is related to anyone's salvation.
Prove it, or, better yet, I will prove what it does mean if you would come out of your holes and face me as man.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't even understand simple definition of words~I quoted 1828 Webster dictionary which you left out in your repoinse back to me Daniel Webster's definition of the word religion.

Well Tobiah we will never know will we?...... Since all you do is make such accusation without even addressing the word of God head with men who are willing to take you on.

Prove it, or, better yet, I will prove what it does mean if you would come out of your holes and face me as man.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that anyone is predestinated to heaven or to hell.

Romans 8:29, "Predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son".

Romans 8:30, "Predestinated them he called".

Ephesians 1:5, "Predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ".

Ephesians 1:11, "Being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things after his will.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that anyone is predestinated to heaven or to hell.

Ephesians 1:5, "Predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ".
Robert, just quoting scriptures does nothing to prove what you want others to believe ~ you must do better than just quoting scriptures. But, I understand why you do so, you do not have an understanding to share with others to give them any light on the subject.

Predestination is God choice to appoint, ordain, or fix some person or event beforehand. It is as simple as determining the destiny, not the destination, of a person beforehand. Yes, the term is in the Bible four times, though unknown by most. In each place “predestination” is used, it is related to children and/or their inheritance.

In the case at hand, God chose before creation to appoint certain sinners to be His children. Robert, it is not our choice that determines if we are a child of God or not; it is His choice. God chose to have sinners for His children, so He predestinated sinners to adoption. It is not your choice to become God’s child any more than orphans choose their adoption!

Adoption is based on predestination, which is based on the good pleasure of God’s own will. According to: ‘In a manner agreeing with, consistent with, or answering to; agreeably to. It was God’s pleasure to elect and predestinate some sinners for all spiritual blessings. It was God’s pleasure to reject and leave other sinners for their just deserts to destruction. The basis of God’s compassion or mercy in ones life is His will alone (Romans 9:15-16). This doctrine is rather clear when describing becoming God’s child (John 1:13; 3:8).

v11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:​

The adverb “also” describes the blessing of heaven in addition to the previous blessings.

The blessing of heaven is in the Lord Jesus Christ as well as all those other legal blessings.

Those who have heaven as their destiny were predestinated to it by a very sovereign God.

Heaven is not offered to men by the gospel; the elect were predestinated to heaven by God.

God works all things after the counsel of His own will, including the acts of devils and men. There is no event in the universe that He does not fully control and use to His glory. He has not been surprised by any event at anytime by any creature, including Eden. He is able to take the evil acts of men and use them for His own glory (Isaiah 10:5-15).

I'll come back and consider two verses from Romans 8~in the meantime, you should be able to come to give your understanding of those same scriptures, afterall, this is how such discourses work. If you are so much against this truth, then you should be able to tell us why you are. You obviously do not have the zeal of Jehu but maybe the same spirit of Shemei~2nd Samuel 16?

See also Daniel 4:35; Psalms 76:10; Proverbs 16:4; Acts 2:23; 4:27-28; 15:18; Deut 29:29.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why laws, Rules, Religion Promotes Hate for Others

Sure. Laws and Rules are expressly meant to DIVIDE; one status from another status.

* Religiously….
….this Belief from that Belief
….this God from that god
* Secularly……
…this Nation from that Nation
…this State from that State
…this City from that City
…this Neighborhood from that Neighborhood
…this Workplace from that Workplace
…this Employer from that Employer
…this Employee from that Employee
…this Head of Household from that Head of Household

Hate means a Strong Dislike.
Disagree means lack of Approval.

Many people Lack Approval / Disagree with others Beliefs, Disapprove of Nations, States, Cities, Neighbors, Employers, Employees, Neighbors, Churches…. Which does not “usually” translate to Hate.

It is true…any one of those aforementioned “can” Promote “HATE” as a “bylaw” of their Association, and any person so connected to that Association can choose to adopt or reject the participation of spending their time and energy on hating and fostering others to hate.

And also true, some will boo hoo, misconceiving Disagreement for Hate.
^ That happens on a regular basis.

Glory to God,
Taken

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, just quoting scriptures does nothing to prove what you want others to believe ~ you must do better than just quoting scriptures. But, I understand why you do so, you do not have an understanding to share with others to give them any light on the subject.

Predestination is God choice to appoint, ordain, or fix some person or event beforehand. It is as simple as determining the destiny, not the destination, of a person beforehand. Yes, the term is in the Bible four times, though unknown by most. In each place “predestination” is used, it is related to children and/or their inheritance.

In the case at hand, God chose before creation to appoint certain sinners to be His children. Robert, it is not our choice that determines if we are a child of God or not; it is His choice. God chose to have sinners for His children, so He predestinated sinners to adoption. It is not your choice to become God’s child any more than orphans choose their adoption!

Adoption is based on predestination, which is based on the good pleasure of God’s own will. According to: ‘In a manner agreeing with, consistent with, or answering to; agreeably to. It was God’s pleasure to elect and predestinate some sinners for all spiritual blessings. It was God’s pleasure to reject and leave other sinners for their just deserts to destruction. The basis of God’s compassion or mercy in ones life is His will alone (Romans 9:15-16). This doctrine is rather clear when describing becoming God’s child (John 1:13; 3:8).

v11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:​

The adverb “also” describes the blessing of heaven in addition to the previous blessings.

The blessing of heaven is in the Lord Jesus Christ as well as all those other legal blessings.

Those who have heaven as their destiny were predestinated to it by a very sovereign God.

Heaven is not offered to men by the gospel; the elect were predestinated to heaven by God.

God works all things after the counsel of His own will, including the acts of devils and men. There is no event in the universe that He does not fully control and use to His glory. He has not been surprised by any event at anytime by any creature, including Eden. He is able to take the evil acts of men and use them for His own glory (Isaiah 10:5-15).

I'll come back and consider two verses from Romans 8~in the meantime, you should be able to come to give your understanding of those same scriptures, afterall, this is how such discourses work. If you are so much against this truth, then you should be able to tell us why you are. You obviously do not have the zeal of Jehu but maybe the same spirit of Shemei~2nd Samuel 16?

See also Daniel 4:35; Psalms 76:10; Proverbs 16:4; Acts 2:23; 4:27-28; 15:18; Deut 29:29.
To believe in predestination is to believe that God is an unjust unrighteous tyrant. You will never see heaven if you believe those terrible things about God.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I only have one source of information, the Bible. All other sources of information are lies.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Hepzibah,

are you Orthodox?

I pray that one day we attend the Feast together!

Filioque

Pax et Bonum
Hello Philip

Not quite - I am stuck on the Bosphorus, unable to go back from whence I came but knowing that I will not be accepted on the other side. You see, I believe in the invisible church, the ones who have accepted crucifixion with Christ without necessarily attending Divine Liturgy, having the physical baptism and Communion, from my own witness and seeing so many EO who claim it but have no idea about their heritage. I don't have an accessible church nearby either.

I did go to one where I lived previously and the priest came out to visit me but must not have liked what I said (no, not the above) and cut contact. He said he got gut feelings about those who were serious.

And so I continue to wander, saying to whoever will listen, that EO is the true church