Why laws, Rules, Religion Promotes Hate for Others

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, in

the begining were rules,laws,regulations. Countless innocent animals were killed according to these edicts. Human sacrifices too.

Then we're told something changed. God decided to save whom he called,named before the world began, to enter the grace that would save them from all that. By killing himself to change the old covenant he first created himself. After he created a garden for the fall of the human race.

Now, there are rules,regulations still. And some even think they can do something to lose what God gifted.

Humans are weird. We think believing in ourself is pride,ego,and wrong. Because we deserve Hell for being exactly what God intended before he created anything at all.

We always need something to believe in. Yet we're told it is wrong to believe in ourselves.

We're to aspire to be Christ like. When Christ is Father God creator in the Old Testament.

And look at what he did to people. Mass murder, infanticide,matricide,patricide, torture,human sacrifice, horrible stuff.

We are God like if you consider all that stuff God did,and we now do too.

Some say Immanuel's mission was to rescue us from that OT god that in the bad parts of scripture isn't the good God of Christ.

It's curious what we choose to believe about ourselves.As we worship what made us to be that. And then hope he changes us for the better.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then why do you need a religion? Can it be that you don't have faith in Christ?

What a silly question.

Why your religion seems to denigrate mine as a central tenet of its theology, hardly gives you reason to question my Faith..

Would you like to rephrase the question?

Maranatha

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, in

the begining were rules,laws,regulations. Countless innocent animals were killed according to these edicts. Human sacrifices too.

Then we're told something changed. God decided to save whom he called,named before the world began, to enter the grace that would save them from all that. By killing himself to change the old covenant he first created himself. After he created a garden for the fall of the human race.

Now, there are rules,regulations still. And some even think they can do something to lose what God gifted.

Humans are weird. We think believing in ourself is pride,ego,and wrong. Because we deserve Hell for being exactly what God intended before he created anything at all.

We always need something to believe in. Yet we're told it is wrong to believe in ourselves.

We're to aspire to be Christ like. When Christ is Father God creator in the Old Testament.

And look at what he did to people. Mass murder, infanticide,matricide,patricide, torture,human sacrifice, horrible stuff.

We are God like if you consider all that stuff God did,and we now do too.

Some say Immanuel's mission was to rescue us from that OT god that in the bad parts of scripture isn't the good God of Christ.

It's curious what we choose to believe about ourselves.As we worship what made us to be that. And then hope he changes us for the better.
I suspect that you are not a Christian.

You appear to believe that God is some sort of a villain, and you are one of his victims. Jesus died on the cross for you to save you from your sins, "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever that believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. This is God's great free gift for everyone. If you reject it, you will go to hell.

Reactions: Nancy

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect that you are not a Christian.
Or, I'm that rare breed of Christian that actually reads the Bible and acknowledges what God tells us of himself,in full, as we are let to understand and live under that dominion and with that God given knowledge.
You appear to believe that God is some sort of a villain, and you are one of his victims. Jesus died on the cross for you to save you from your sins, "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever that believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. This is God's great free gift for everyone. If you reject it, you will go to hell.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a silly question.

Why your religion seems to denigrate mine as a central tenet of its theology, hardly gives you reason to question my Faith..

Would you like to rephrase the question?

Maranatha
I don't have a religion. What I have is faith in Christ, plus nothing else. What you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ is not true.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't have a religion. What I have is faith in Christ

thats a religion... how you practice that faith...

. What you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ is not true.

which of these do you think is not true??

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come.

Marantha

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats a religion... how you practice that faith...

which of these do you think is not true??

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,

the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.

I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come.

Marantha
Are you a Catholic? If you are, then you don't believe the Gospel and justification by faith alone.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you a Catholic? If you are, then you don't believe the Gospel and justification by faith alone.

I am a Catholic.

Faith alone is dead..

For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Maranatha

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Catholic.

Faith alone is dead..

For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Maranatha
The book of James was not written to Gentile believers, it was written to law keeping Jews, James 1:1. Faith is not dead, Read the 11th chapter of Hebrews. Faith is given to those that believe the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The book of James was not written to Gentile believers, it was written to law keeping Jews, James 1:1. Faith is not dead, Read the 11th chapter of Hebrews. Faith is given to those that believe the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

Just rip that one out of your bible eh?

And i didnt say faith was dead, I said faith alone is dead... but if you dont like James, here's Paul:

if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

Maranatha

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just rip that one out of your bible eh?

And i didnt say faith was dead, I said faith alone is dead... but if you dont like James, here's Paul:

if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

Maranatha
Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone. Sinners cannot save sinners, nor can sinners save themselves.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible citation please...

Bible citation please...

...which has NOTHING to do with 'faith ALONE.."
Bible citation please...

Bible citation please...

...which has NOTHING to do with 'faith ALONE.."
Can you fulfill all of the demands of God's Holy Law? There are over 2,000 of them.

Can you atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world?

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith (not his works) are counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion is like a cult, all that are outside of the cult are the enemy.
You do not even make sense. You should define a cult, and then say~all that are outside of the cult are the enemy.

After all, True Christianity is in essence a religion.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary defined "RELIGION" as: "A belief in the being and perfections of God, in the revelation of His will to man, in man's obligation to obey His commands, in a state of reward and punishment, and in man's accountableness to God...
Example, Calvinism is the belief that God hates humanity.
Your ad hominem stating Calvinism is a belief that God hates humanity is a lie.

They believe that before the foundation of the world God predestinated that all of humanity would go to hell, except for a few that would call themselves Calvinist.
First, many who do not go by the name Calvinist believe in election of grace ~ as a matter of fact, before John Calvin there men like Augustine, almost all of the Reformers before Calvin~Wycliffe,Tyndale, Luther, and thousands more! Most all of our schools of higher learning were started by men whom were Calvinist in your words~Harvard, Princeton, Yale, University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern, just to name a few. The first President of Princeton was no other than Jonathan Edwards. Enough said on this point.

Secondly, God's election by grace was based upon this truth: he knew that if he did not have an elect people then NONE would have ever been saved on their own!

Why do you not give me your understanding of 1st Peter 1:2? and then I will use the word of God to show just how ignorance you are. I'll wait before adding more to hear form you, which I'm pretty sure I will not.

You will never hear a Calvinist recite John 3:16. "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son".
No more problem , I do it all the time~as a matter of fact only a person who holds to election of grace can give the proper understanding of John 3:16. Would you like to debate this scripture with me? I'm pretty sure you do not. You are all talk with no power to defend your proud words.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not even make sense. You should define a cult, and then say~all that are outside of the cult are the enemy.

After all, True Christianity is in essence a religion.

Your ad hominem stating Calvinism is a belief that God hates humanity is a lie.

First, many who do not go by the name Calvinist believe in election of grace ~ as a matter of fact, before John Calvin there men like Augustine, almost all of the Reformers before Calvin~Wycliffe,Tyndale, Luther, and thousands more! Most all of our schools of higher learning were started by men whom were Calvinist in your words~Harvard, Princeton, Yale, University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern, just to name a few. The first President of Princeton was no other than Jonathan Edwards. Enough said on this point.

Secondly, God's election by grace was based upon this truth: he knew that if he did not have an elect people then NONE would have ever been saved on their own!

Why do you not give me your understanding of 1st Peter 1:2? and then I will use the word of God to show just how ignorance you are. I'll wait before adding more to hear form you, which I'm pretty sure I will not.

No more problem , I do it all the time~as a matter of fact only a person who holds to election of grace can give the proper understanding of John 3:16. Would you like to debate this scripture with me? I'm pretty sure you do not. You are all talk with no power to defend your proud words.
Religion is the word of Man. The Bible is the word of God. Why do you prefer to listen to the words of man? The word "Predestination" only appears in the Bible a few times. None of it is related to anyone's salvation. You have chosen to listen to the words of men. Just like Eve chose to listen to the words of Satan. Satan has begild you. Please don't refer to me as ignorant. I have probably forgotten more about the bible than you will ever know.

• Love