Why No Women Speaking In Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
1 Timothy 2: 11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Paul wrote, showing a difference in what he was teaching and what the Spirit said.... 1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee 1:12 And I thank Christ 1:13 But I obtained mercy 1:16 I obtained mercy 1:18 I commit unto thee 1:20 I have delivered 2:1 I exhort 2:7 I am ordained....I speak the truth 2:11-12 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. BUT I SUFFER NOT A WOMAN TO TEACH, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 2:14 Write I unto thee 2:15 If I tarry And then, after speaking the thoughts of Paul, he writes...... 4:1 NOW THE SPIRIT SPEAKETH EXPRESSLY........ Something to consider when some say woman aren't to teach.
blink.gif
There is no doubt as to why men should lead in the assembly:Ephesians 5: 22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
You are confusing a happy family life with teaching the Word of God. I would say..."there is no doubt" that men leading the assembly have misled the flock for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. I would add....so would women. It is Christ that is our authority and He alone. When we allow the Holy Spirit to teach us, not our wives and husbands and brothers and sisters or some man standing at the pulpit, but our Father then we learn from the Master. He is calling His children to Him to teach them Himself.....Galatians 4:1-3 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time apointed of the father.The "time appointed," when it isn't necessary to be under a tutor...any tutor of any gender, is.....John 14:26 But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
It is unrighteous for a woman to speak in tongues and to teach in the assembly.1 Corinthians 14:32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
I'm afraid that on this subject you are....being ignorant.
wink.gif
Allow a woman to enlighten you.
biggrin.gif
Please reread the [1 Corinthians 14:34-37] verses. It is said IN IRONY! Picture a man standing there saying...to the little woman....You must be silent. I permit you not to speak. If you wish to learn anything then you are COMMANDED to ask your husbands.
angry.gif
How do we know it is said in irony? Right after writing those obnoxious verses, in irony, (34-35)Paul wrote....WHAT? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?So....now you know.
laugh.gif
Verse 36 above declares how the Word of God must first come to man.Does any man wishes to be ignorant of the order set by God? How difficult it would be to discern false teaching?As women are led by the Lord to prophesy or to preach in the mission field, I would exhort the men led by the Spirit of God to be careful and discern all teachings from any woman so as to not be led nor influenced by them. If you are not sure about something or if it is a teaching that is being explored, then why teach it as if it is so? Those led by the Spirit of Truth will not cast out seeds of doubts and uncertainity caused by the scriptures if the same scriptures reproves those teachings as false.
The implication here is...that women are not also "led by the Spirit of God." I do hope I am not correct in this.
dry.gif
The "Spirit of Truth" is being taught to many, and I assure you...it is to both genders. The Scriptures always are the final authority but...one must read the Scriptures with understanding.
smile.gif

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
THE LAST COMFORT by Mick "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. On my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will speak." (Joel 2:28-32) In fact there have always been special women in the Bible -Miriam who saved her baby brother Moses from death when she was just a child; Deborah, prophetess, judge and military leader; Huldah who taught at the college in Jerusalem.;Rahab the prostitute who sheltered the two fugitive Israelis,The evangelist Philip had four daughters who were prophetesses; The early Christian sect in Phrygia was led by Montanus and two prophetesses, Priscilla and Maximilla.. And Paul paid glowing tributes to women -"I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea..she has been a great help to many people, including me.. Greet Priscilla , my fellow worker in Christ Jesus, she risked her life for me.Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you.. Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa and Persis, those women who work hard in the Lord.Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too. Greet Julia.." (Romans ch 16) And he reminds us -"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 ) Jesus spent a terrible long night before his death,unable to sleep and racked with loneliness as his disciples fell asleep,But next day on the cross, as he slipped into death his tired pain-filled eyes saw a host of loyal women who'd stuck with him to the end.."Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed his last. There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene and Salome, who followed him and ministered to him when he was in Galilee, and many other women who came up with him to Jerusalem" (Mark 15:37-41) They gave him the last womanly comfort they could by making sure he never died alone..
jesus.jpg