Why not Christ alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

One paragraph out of the bible, started such a conflageration. First question, Do yoy really want the truth or do you love your religion more than Jesus? Now lets see.

Jesus asked Peter a question. Peter answerd,Jesus told peter the answer He got was not His, nor was it recieved from man, but God. What is this He received from God, "Revelation", so what is Jesus speaking of in the next sentence,now really if you want the truth you must read it right,

First off He told Peter He was a rock, that where He got His name from, but than He is telling Peter about another object which was given in the previous line, See Jesus was telling Peter the Rock that His church, ( the Lords church not Peters Church) will be built upon revelation.

Now that makes hard when you are not hearing from God

Jesus said, " my sheep hear My voice and will follow no other"

Really strange

Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the Life no one shall go to heaven except through me"
Religion says, we are the way, we have the truth and salvation is through our church alone.

Oh Lets see where this ends