Why OSAS teaches all sins already forgiven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...”still”? Another failed attempt. Get thee behind me.
Who will plainly say that any person, while sinning for the devil against God, is still a born son of God, and not a child of the devil while doing so?

Any takers out there? How about you taken? Do you take that seriously and want to run with it?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only ones who receive grace and have grace with them, is those who come to God for help not to fall into temptation and sin.

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Grace is only with the righteous that are walking as He walked, not with sinners.

Neither the grace nor blood of grace is that of a bull or goat to cover anyone while sinning with the devil.

You claim to be a sinner means you have no grace with you, because you don't want it to help overcoming sinning at any given time on earth.

If you are such a sinner, then what are the sins you commit. What is the last sin you committed. If you can't say, then you have no clue what you are talking about.

This is some messed up stuff, robert!

Do you understand that Grace is a gift of God, a gift undeserving of man by faith?

Through Grace to man by faith, God places you in a position you do not deserve.

How is it that you don't understand this?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But one must walk worthy of that position:

“…you should walk worthy of God, who has called you to His kingdom and glory.” (1 Thessalonians 2:12)

Or else you’ll be among these:

“…The wedding is ready, but they who were invited were not worthy.” (Matthew 22:8)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If OSAS is true, then universalism is correct doctrine.

No clue what “universalism” is or why one thing makes another thing true.

The flaw of OSAS is the ex-post facto conclusion of one who sins means they were never saved to begin with. It asserts the prideful claim that once saved, a Christian becomes perfect, incapable of sin.

You have a few hurdles to get past...
1) What do you mean...one who sins? Don’t know how you define “sin”.
2) Nothing to do with the Term “Christian”.
3) Nothing to do with “pride”.
4) Nothing to do with becoming “perfect”.

* Definitely once saved is incapable of “sinning”....
Seems you do not know WHY, thus you call it False.

But we can have a go at it if you want.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you understand that Grace is a gift of God, a gift undeserving of man by faith?

The ANTI salvation crowd do NOT focus their thoughts on what IS...
They have this buzz in their ears of every “prideful, perfect, sinless, blah, blah, blah” they can think of to accuse, without a lick of understanding.

Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But one must walk worthy of that position:

“…you should walk worthy of God, who has called you to His kingdom and glory.” (1 Thessalonians 2:12)

Or else you’ll be among these:

“…The wedding is ready, but they who were invited were not worthy.” (Matthew 22:8)

But how do we walk worthy of our calling in Christ?

We walk in obedience to the Holy Spirit, not in doing this and that of which we think is the way.

We walk as Jesus did, in total and complete denial of our abilities as man, and following the desire of the Holy Spirit.

You cannot earn anything from God! We are righteous by faith in Christ! Not by anything we can do of our own.

A great evangelist once said, "We don't work to get saved, we work because we are saved."

And we are still not worthy of the calling in Christ Jesus. That is His Mercy and Grace to man for believing.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The universalism of OSAS extends to all unrighteous sinners naming the name Christ. The only ones not included in their kingdom are the righteous that refuse to boast of sinning like them.

Their judgment is only those who now openly reject His name, and not just by works, They now say these were never saved in the first place, though they gladly called them christian brother or sister in the past.

Rather than mourn them as lost brethren or sisters, they just write them off as never saved.

You doth rely on false interpretation of archaic translation. Try reading a translation written in your lifetime.
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God. NLT

This is a false interpretation in the guise of translation, to rewrite Scripture, such as the word was a god.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that is doing righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that is committing sin is of the devil; for the devil is sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God is not committing sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot be sinning, because he is born of God.

God is all about now, not yesterday that is past, nor tomorrow that may not come. If we are sinning now with the devil, Scripture says we cannot be born of God and a child of the devil at the same time.

Are you saying anyyou can be a sinning child of the devil at any given time and also be born son of God at the same time?

The flaw of OSAS is the ex-post facto conclusion of one who sins means they were never saved to begin with. It asserts the prideful claim that once saved, a Christian becomes perfect, incapable of sin.

I don't know where you get your OSAS teaching from, but it certainly isn't from them. They reject doing righteousness as being perfect, and so is impossible to do at all.

The flaw of OSAS is christianity made for unrighteous christian sinners, whose 1st commandment is declaring what sinners they are and will remain so unto the grave. They don't receive me as one of their own, and I thank God for it.

There is also a verse in Hebrews that says if one rejects Jesus after accepting him, there is no sacrifice to save him. I'm sure you know these verses, without me explicitly referencing them. You just deny God's word because it goes against your false doctrine of OSAS.

They deny any law, word, or Scripture of God that is written in letters on paper, as not mattering to them anymore, which is why correcting them by those letters is fruitless.

The only question is why they bother trying to refer to inky letters in the first place. And many of them don't, but just recite what they believe and teach from their own minds.

And so the closest they get to doctrine of Christ, as written in Scripture, is that they say many of the same words only.

Faith only is hearing only and is words only.

What we do is what we are in deed and in truth.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We walk as Jesus did, in total and complete denial of our abilities as man

Jesus used his ability to do this:

“…The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things which please Him.” (John 8:29)

You cannot earn anything from God! We are righteous by faith in Christ! Not by anything we can do of our own.

As an unconverted sinner, yes, you do not earn salvation.

But once you’re converted and born again you do earn the fulfillment of your salvation in enduring to the end:

“But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:13)

Reactions: robert derrick

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think to highly of yourself, @robert derrick! It appears you think you deserve the Grace and Mercy of God.

Where is your humility before God? Where is your thankfulness to God for what He has done for you?

You slander those who have humility toward God, and build yourself as one of deserving!

Modern day Pharisees who believe they are deserving! It turns my stomach!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Messed up to OSAS, is truth to God.

Only those bragging about how unrighteous and unworthy they are, would reject grace as being help in time of need to not sin with the devil, and rather to resist the devil and do the will of God instead.

Since OSAS doesn't care about letters on paper anymore, but their own minds, then there is no correcting them.

OSAS can keep sinning with the devil against God all they want, and call it grace all they like. It doesn't matter to me. I only rebuke it, when they come out teaching it for doctrine of Christ. Sinners claiming to be unworthy to name the name of Christ, simply ought not be naming His name.

But then, what can be expected from unrighteous sinners against the Lord Jesus?

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

The grace of God is only with the righteous, that are walking as He walked righteously on earth.

The last thing willful unrighteous sinners want bothering them, while sinning against God, is His grace to help stop them beforehand, especially not while doing so.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus used his ability to do this:

“…The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things which please Him.” (John 8:29)

As an unconverted sinner, yes, you do not earn salvation.

But once you’re converted and born again you do earn the fulfillment of your salvation in enduring to the end:

“But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:13)

Christ was not born of the seed of man! He was born of the Spirit, without the sin nature as we have.

You think you can always do the things that please God as He did?

You can only please God by being IN Christ Jesus by faith. Not by doing because you will fail in that from time to time!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...boast of sinning like them.

FALSE...there is no “THEM” ... there was ONE on this forum.
And instead of retorting on his thread, you have made umpteen anti-salvation threads, and endlessly accused Salvation Believers with all kinds of things they have never said.

False testifying, you should look that up.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messed up to OSAS, is truth to God.

Only those bragging about how unrighteous and unworthy they are, would reject grace as being help in time of need to not sin with the devil, and rather to resist the devil and do the will of God instead.

Since OSAS doesn't care about letters on paper anymore, but their own minds, then there is no correcting them.

OSAS can keep sinning with the devil against God all they want, and call it grace all they like. It doesn't matter to me. I only rebuke it, when they come out teaching it for doctrine of Christ. Sinners claiming to be unworthy to name the name of Christ, simply ought not be naming His name.

But then, what can be expected from unrighteous sinners against the Lord Jesus?

The grace of God is only with the righteous, that are walking as He walked righteously on earth.

The last thing willful unrighteous sinners want bothering them, while sinning against God, is His grace to help stop them beforehand, especially not while doing so.

"Bragging" really!!! You have no humility before God in who you really are.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think to highly of yourself, @robert derrick! It appears you think you deserve the Grace and Mercy of God.

Where is your humility before God? Where is your thankfulness to God for what He has done for you?

You slander those who have humility toward God, and build yourself as one of deserving!

Modern day Pharisees who believe they are deserving! It turns my stomach!
Harumph!

No doubt all that sweet grace still has you covered.

Since OSAS doesn't care anymore for letters of Scripture on paper, but only what they want to think, then it is no surprise they also don't care what other people write on paper, but only what they want to think they are saying.

There is no reasoning with nor correcting OSAS unrighteous sinners for life, whose first commandment is to declare how they are still sinners of the devil, and will be unto the grave.

The only sin condemned by OSAS is to be doing righteousness with the Lord, and not sinning with the devil.

You are a sinner of the devil? Correct? When you are sinning with the devil, you are his child, correct?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What? Once you are converted (which is not AND, rather a conversion includes born again)..........you WHAT? EARN the fulfillment of your salvation ...
IN...enduring to the END...END OF WHAT?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FALSE...there is no “THEM” ... there was ONE on this forum.
And instead of retorting on his thread, you have made umpteen anti-salvation threads, and endlessly accused Salvation Believers with all kinds of things they have never said.

False testifying, you should look that up.
Who will plainly say that any person, while sinning for the devil against God, is still a born son of God, and not a child of the devil while doing so?

Any takers out there? How about you taken? Do you take that seriously and want to run with it?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ …He was born of the Spirit, without the sin nature as we have.

This is unbiblical, for the scripture says:

“Since then the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise partook of the same…” (Hebrews 2:14)

“For we do not have a high priest who cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted just as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15)

And the saying, “yet without sin”, signifies that sin was possible.

You think you can always do the things that please God as He did?

I know I can.

Because the new man that I have put on can:

“…put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.” (Ephesians 4:24)

It seems that you have been sold a gospel that has an imaginary new man, not a real one.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Bragging" really!!! You have no humility before God in who you really are.
First you say you don't know about me, and now you are telling me who I am, that I don't even know about myself.

It proves that the OSAS commandment to always declare how unrighteous and unworthy they are must be obeyed by all mankind, becasue they judge that all mankind must be as themselves.

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

There is no reasoning with OSAS. Those who reject letters of Scripture on paper, as no more mattering to them, and caring only for the things of their own minds, have no more sense to reason with by letters of Scripture on paper.

You are sinning with the devil, while you are sinning against God. Correct? You are a child of the devil while sinning with Him against God. Correct?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Harumph!

No doubt all that sweet grace still has you covered.

Since OSAS doesn't care anymore for letters of Scripture on paper, but only what they want to think, then it is no surprise they also don't care what other people write on paper, but only what they want to think they are saying.

There is no reasoning with nor correcting OSAS unrighteous sinners for life, whose first commandment is to declare how they are still sinners of the devil, and will be unto the grave.

The only sin condemned by OSAS is to be doing righteousness with the Lord, and not sinning with the devil.

You are a sinner of the devil? Correct? When you are sinning with the devil, you are his child, correct?

NO, I have stated several times on these boards that I disagree with my Brothers and Sisters on OSAS! But I don't beat them to death while I disagree!

In one area of defense for the OSAS, Paul plainly said in reference to Grace not being a license to sin,

"what, shall we continue to sin that Grace may abound?"

You think that Grace is a license to sin for the OSAS believers. For some it is, they who are reprobates. But not those who know that sin is what nailed our Lord to that Cross.

You are pointing the finger at the wrong folks!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful