Why OSAS teaches all sins already forgiven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every born-again believer sins at one time of another! If you think not, you are deceiving yourself.

What does that tell you, rd?
Nothing of course, other than the usual OSAS mantra response, instead of answering a simple yes/no question with a simple yes/no answer. Pharisee hypocrites likewise wouldn't answer plainly with Jesus.

You can say yes or no, and then give your reasons, which is fine. But I cannot tell is hypocrisy.

I will lead the way:

You are a sinner. Correct?

No.

You are a sinner of the devil? Correct?

no.

When anyone is sinning with the devil, they are a child of the devil, correct?

Yes.

You see how simple it is, when we have our faith with honesty and sincerity?

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

You see, like the man with the candle in the night of the streets, I am only seeking those who will be honest and sincere in their faith, and answer honestly to simple questions of faith and doctrine of Christ.

You are failing so far. Others I have given up on. I do not foolishly try to argue with insincere people.

And so:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~ past ~

I am Forgiven my sins,
freed from sin,
bodily crucified with Jesus,
soul saved,
sanctified,
circumcised old heart,
new heart,
spirit quickened, born of Gods Seed,
occupying and perfected in Christ Jesus risen body,
Spirit of God in me,
covered,
with the Lord God forever,
can sin no more,
justified to be risen glorified,

~ present ~
on going having a mind like Christ

~ future ~
not appointed to Gods Tribulation
not appointed to Wrath
shall be raptured to clouds, 7 years,
shall return to Earth with Christ Jesus,
shall reside in Christ Jesus Kingdom, 1,000 years,
shall be called to judgement,
shall be sentenced,
shall receive consequences,
shall occupy new Earth.

Any of that apply to you?
I am not a fool to argue with those proving themselves insincere in the faith, like Pharisees that would not answer Jesus in a yes/no question, that is at the center of the dcotrine of Christ.

When I am asked any simple yes/no answer, I always do so with a yes/no response first, before offering any reasons for it, if I think it necessary.

No man, while sinning, can be a born son of God, and not a child of the devil.

True.

No man, while sinning with the devil against God, is born of God.

True.

What do you say.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are denying the Cross by denying the Grace given through the Cross, and have replaced it with works!

The unbelievers get grace through the cross for remission of their old sins:

“Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God” (Romans 3:25)

How you equate this with denying the cross is absurd! It just denies your doctrine.

And what’s your beef with works?

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is there to prove? Christ was not born of the seed of man, hence the virgin birth!

He was flesh and blood just as we are, but not born of man with the fallen status as we are!

Caution, that part. (Some run with that “and MAKE, teach, preach, Jesus IS a “human”.)
Humans are from dust of the Earth.
Not “just as we are”....but in mans “likeness”...in a body God “prepared”.

Phil 2:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

We become “in Gods likeness”...not just as God...but just like angels. (Eternal created and made beings). :)

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing of course, other than the usual OSAS mantra response, instead of answering a simple yes/no question with a simple yes/no answer. Pharisee hypocrites likewise wouldn't answer plainly with Jesus.

You can say yes or no, and then give your reasons, which is fine. But I cannot tell is hypocrisy.

I will lead the way:

No.

no.

Yes.

You see how simple it is, when we have our faith with honesty and sincerity?

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

You see, like the man with the candle in the night of the streets, I am only seeking those who will be honest and sincere in their faith, and answer honestly to simple questions of faith and doctrine of Christ.

You are failing so far. Others I have given up on. I do not foolishly try to argue with insincere people.

And so:

I thought as much!

You refuse to see that EVERY son is chastened because EVERY son does some wrong at one time or another!

Of course, except you and your merry band of perfectionists.

Reactions: mailmandan

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say no man, while sinning, can be a born son of God, and not a child of the devil. No man, while sinning with the devil against God, is born of God.

What do you say.

What I say is....You speak for you. I speak for myself.
I neither agree or disagree with your jumbled statement.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought as much!

You refuse to see that EVERY son is chastened because EVERY son does some wrong at one time or another!

Of course, except you and your merry band of perfectionists.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.Reader...Let me show you a classic CULT teaching.

"Jesus only paid for the sins you committed up to your day of Salvation, but not any after".

Because there are NO commissions
of SIN... there after receiving Salvation/Conversion.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I say is....You speak for you. I speak for myself.
I neither agree or disagree with your jumbled statement.
Thank you.

The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men? answer me.

And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.

And neither do I answer anything from you in future, until you repent.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Caution, that part. (Some run with that “and MAKE, teach, preach, Jesus IS a “human”.)
Humans are from dust of the Earth.
Not “just as we are”....but in mans “likeness”...in a body God “prepared”.

Phil 2:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

We become “in Gods likeness”...not just as God...but just like angels. (Eternal created and made beings). :)

The "likeness of men" is not stating that Christ wasn't a man/human. It is stating that Christ has come into a new state of being when He became Man.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not denying the virgin birth, nor was I making this a point of debate. But regarding your claim that Christ was not a seed of man:

“…the fathers… of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came” (Romans 9:5)

“Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel” (2 Timothy 2:8)

God can do anything. Even make a seed of man without an actual man.

God can not do anything.

I was merely pointing out the scripture that implied that Christ was capable of sin (Hebrews 4:15).

Christ was not, is not capable of sin.
Christ IS the Power and Wisdom and Seed of God...
...You think Gods POWER, Wisdom, Seed of God can Stand Against Himself?

Jesus was born of the SEED of David...what do you think that means?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men? answer me.

And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.

And neither do I answer anything from you in future, until you repent.

So, NOTHING on that list applies to you....okay.

And while you are dreaming up more unfounded accusations...prove I did not repent.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken

What do you think this means:

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15)

Christ was tempted just like you and me in our infirmities. Just like us!

And we learn through Christ and the Apostles how to do likewise.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying anyyou can be a sinning child of the devil at any given time and also be born son of God at the same time?

No.

I think there is confusion between being saved from sanctification. The sinners prayer holds - without Christ.

The whole reason Paul write that we have to die daily to self is because every moment we may be tempted to give in to our fleshy nature rather than our spiritual nature. We remain in the world but not of it and it takes discernment to know - and act - on the difference.

Anyone who thinks a saved Christ follower is incapable of sin is deceived. Peter denied Christ thrice and I’m pretty sure he followed Christ to the Cross.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man who is saved from his old ignorant sins will not be saved from his new sins having enlightenment of the truth. He must continue in the faith as instructed by word of God:

Wait...
Can you say EXACTLY what is “saved” ?
Can you say EXACTLY what is “sin” ?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, NOTHING on that list applies to you....okay.

And while you are dreaming up more unfounded accusations...prove I did not repent.
I have already answered the questions to lead the way, until you repent and do likewise, rather than play the Pharisee, I have nothing to do with you in future.

No man, while sinning, can be a born son of God, and not a child of the devil.

True.

No man, while sinning with the devil against God, is born of God.

True.

What do you say.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who thinks a saved Christ follower is incapable of sin is deceived.

Is a “saved” person ... also “born again” ?

And what “sin” is a Saved person Capable of committing?

Peter denied Christ thrice and I’m pretty sure he followed Christ to the Cross.

Peter was a believer, but was not saved when he denied Jesus.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who thinks a saved Christ follower is incapable of sin is deceived. Peter denied Christ thrice

Peter was not saved when he denied Christ (who hadn’t been crucified yet).

There was no death, no burial, and no resurrection yet. Without these there is no salvation.

“And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.” (1 Corinthians 15:17)

“For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.” (1 Thessalonians 4:14)

Reactions: robert derrick

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know exactly what I say.

“But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.” (Luke 12:45-46)

So? Not news the unconverted are not saved, and are not with God, and are with unbelievers.