WHY SHOULD WE TRUST GOD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY SHOULD WE TRUST GOD?
We trust God for the following reasons:1) He is meek and humble, and made the ultimate, and most painful and humiliating sacrifice on the cross to bring us eternal life, although we betrayed him through our sins. 2) He healed the broken hearted, forgave sinners and those who were killing Him without condemning them. 3) He fed the hungry and healed the sick. 4) In the beauty and harmony of His creation we see an infinitely intelligent and loving God. 5) He made us like Him by giving us the ability to unconditionally love others and be creative.
Sometimes, we doubt Him when we see pain, suffering and injustice. However, God had to allow pain and suffering, which is the result of sin in the world, because He gave us a free will so that we can choose love and have peace and joy for all eternity. The suffering of this world will be nothing compared to heaven for all eternity. Furthermore, He took the suffering of all of us on the cross so that we will repent for our sins and have eternal life. Sometimes our prayers appear to go unanswered. God however always does what is best for us in the long run, although it is not apparent to us immediately.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I appreciate the sentiment of the OP, I trust the Lord because He is nothing like we are despite having created us in His image and most significantly, He does not change but remains eternally the same.
When you turn the ignition key in your car, you expect it to start, but it might not. Material things wear out. When you sit down in your favorite chair, you expect it to comfortably support you, but it may not. Material things wear out.

God doesn't sleep. He doesn't get tired. He doesn't change His mind. He remains the same each and every day.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While I appreciate the sentiment of the OP, I trust the Lord because He is nothing like we are despite having created us in His image and most significantly, He does not change but remains eternally the same.
When you turn the ignition key in your car, you expect it to start, but it might not. Material things wear out. When you sit down in your favorite chair, you expect it to comfortably support you, but it may not. Material things wear out.

God doesn't sleep. He doesn't get tired. He doesn't change His mind. He remains the same each and every day.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8
He is God and you can count on him to be true to His many promises.
Jesus tells us this, and we only have few years here compared to an eternity with God there. Besides that, God will also give to us a new earth where there is no evil thing.

Luke 12:31-33
New King James Version
31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.

32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys.

Revelation 21 New King James Version

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Reactions: michaelvpardo