Why the advertisements???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl, I'm glad to have done something actually helpful. :)

For Firefox, I heard a recommendation for Adblock, but it's not necessary. Click on the Application Menu (those three lines in the upper right corner of the Window), and select "Settings". Select "Privacy and Security". Under "Browser Privacy", choose "Strict". Also, make sure "Block Pop-up Windows" is check-marked.

@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d, I'll keep trying things in Chrome. I suspect that since Google's business model depends heavily on advertisers and selling information about their users to advertisers, they may not have put in the necessary hooks to block the pop-ups. But I'll keep experimenting. I'm an engineer; this is what I do. If Firefox slows down your other apps, you may have to dedicate Firefox to CB only.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl, I'm glad to have done something actually helpful. :)

For Firefox, I heard a recommendation for Adblock, but it's not necessary. Click on the Application Menu (those three lines in the upper right corner of the Window), and select "Settings". Select "Privacy and Security". Under "Browser Privacy", choose "Strict". Also, make sure "Block Pop-up Windows" is check-marked.

@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d, I'll keep trying things in Chrome. I suspect that since Google's business model depends heavily on advertisers and selling information about their users to advertisers, they may not have put in the necessary hooks to block the pop-ups. But I'll keep experimenting. I'm an engineer; this is what I do. If Firefox slows down your other apps, you may have to dedicate Firefox to CB only.

Thank you.
I am NOT an engineer......lol.

I'll keep trying also. I don't want to not come back.:Broadly:

Reactions: Lambano

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For users of the Windows Edge browser...

You can block the ads by using the "InPrivate" settings. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the Edge window. Select "New InPrivate Window". When the new tab comes up, click on the "Always use “Strict” tracking prevention when browsing InPrivate" setting. (You only have to do this once; Windows will remember the setting.) After this, always browse using the InPrivate tab.

@Pearl, @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d, I know the ads bug you. Maybe this will help. I still haven't figured out how to block the ads in Chrome or Safari, though.

Thanks, that reduced the ads significantly. Still getting some in the comment stream but better than before.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the ads is for coffins.....

(Hadn't thought of dying just yet, actually.....)
This made me laugh.

At least the new owner @doughty actually does have an interest in the community. That at least says something.

Plus now we have more yellow faces.
.:sxl:

I'm going to use them randomly, out of context, frequently, just because they're cute

:watching and waiting:

Reactions: Mr E

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I downloaded Duck Duck Go app and set it as my primary default. It blocks all ads here and has some good benefits for tracking advertisers and blocking unwanted email as well !