Why The Apostles Repeatedly Disobeyed the Risen Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same way all men do. Born.
Yeah , about this statement . I was born of a woman . BUT I DID NOT DESCEND FROM HEAVEN . Our being born to a woman
does not equate us to How JESUS was born . HE actually DID descend from Heaven .
NO man , HE SAID , has descended from heaven BUT THE SON of MAN. SO that kinda puts a kink in your rope my friend .
No i aint defending thee faith , i pray for that man as well . But on this statement you said to him , You are incorrect my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how does a man come down from heaven

how are the angels ascending and descending on Jesus if he is not God

Jn 1:51
Jacobs ladder . Jacob saw something and it POINTS RIGHT TO JESUS .
What did jacob see . He saw a LADDER that reached unto heaven . AKA , a connection from Heaven to earth .
A pathway to heaven .
Now lets peek at what JESUS HIMSELF says . From here on , ye shall see the Heavens OPENED
and the angels descending and ascending upon the SON of man . JUST LIKE in jacobs dream
HE saw angels ascending and descending on the ladder that connected earth to heaven . JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY UNTO THE FATHER .
And no matter what pope francis says , DONT HEED that man . Hims making many paths to GOD . AND IF Folks cant even believe
the one original gospel but believe a all inclusive many path one , They AINT HIS . THEY do not belong to JESUS . REMEMBER THAT WELL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born of a woman . BUT I DID NOT DESCEND FROM HEAVEN .

Saying this does not make it true. What Scripture verse says this? I say there are none.

I think this is where doctrine drives bias in interpretation. Inductive logic is a tool at our disposal. We see one fish, swimming in the water and CORRECTLY conclude fish swim in water. Scripture tells us one man descended from heaven but reject coming to the logical conclusion that it applies to all men.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then the HS is God?
Of course its God . Paul said more than once , the Spirit of Christ that is in you , he also says the Spirit of GOD .
Of course its God . Folks have a very tough time understanding this mystery .
But let me tell us a parable of the teacher and his class .
There once was a teacher and he walked unto the beach . He had a bucket with him .
He enters into the ocean and pulls water from it into the bucket .
He then takes the bucket to his pupils in his class room .
And he tells the students , I have brought you the ocean .
And the children laughed him to scorn and mockery .
And said , alas that is but water in a bucket .
So the man picks up the bucket and takes the class to the beach and the ocean .
And he tells the children , LOOK out and tell me what do you see my children .
AND THE KIDS SAID , NOW THAT IS THE OCEAN .
And the teacher pours the water out of the bucket , back into the very ocean from WHENCE IT HAD COME and FROM WHENCE IT NOW RETURNED .
AND he said , tell me children , what is that water . And they said its the ocean .
The ocean water , simply had been put into a bucket , a bucket of flesh if you will to help make this example .
IT was always ocean water . Same essence , same likeness , it has just been put into a bucket . And then returned
back from whence it had come .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But wait. Upon further reflection, Matthew 28:19 does not state the nature of God, at all.

it does if you know the ot background
Who is it that baptizes it is God

ez 36:25-27 I (God) will sprinkle clean water on you

baptized by God in the name of the father and the son and Holy Spirit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reject the premise of your question; there is no Scriptural evidence that the risen Lord ever delegated the authority he was given of all things in heaven and Earth.

It’s in the very chapter
Matt 28:18-20

all authority is a Christ’s

he commanded the apostles to go and teach

he gave his authority to them

if that’s not enough Matt 16:18 gives the keys of jurisdictional authority
Matt 18:18 authority to bind and loose
Jn 20:21-23
Same mission power and authority as Christ

AS THE FATHER SENT ME, I SEND YOU!

exactly the same

you’re thick black fundamentalist scales are causing you’re spiritual blindness

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacobs ladder . Jacob saw something and it POINTS RIGHT TO JESUS .
What did jacob see . He saw a LADDER that reached unto heaven . AKA , a connection from Heaven to earth .
A pathway to heaven .
Now lets peek at what JESUS HIMSELF says . From here on , ye shall see the Heavens OPENED
and the angels descending and ascending upon the SON of man . JUST LIKE in jacobs dream
HE saw angels ascending and descending on the ladder that connected earth to heaven . JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY UNTO THE FATHER .
And no matter what pope francis says , DONT HEED that man . Hims making many paths to GOD . AND IF Folks cant even believe
the one original gospel but believe a all inclusive many path one , They AINT HIS . THEY do not belong to JESUS . REMEMBER THAT WELL .

the one true church teaches likewise only one savior Jesus Christ!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the one true church teaches likewise only one savior Jesus Christ!
OH so do many protestant churches . But then they eat of the table of Christ and of belial . And that makes
their faith as void as mine once was . We can only eat of one table . OF JESUS CHRIST .
Many folks , myself included at one time , can say JESUS is the only way , but they aint keen at all on being hearers and doers
Thus its called dead faith my friend . And beads , and prayers to saints , to mary and angels and who knows what else
is blasphemous . PRAY TO GOD IN JESUS NAME .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giving a command is not giving authority.

that’s nuts

Jn 15:1-5

“Bible alone” is false doctrine
Negates the word of God, apostolic councils, creeds, cannons, decrees, and dogma!

an attack on Christ and His holy church
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
To reject the church or church teaching is to reject Christ!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s nuts

Jn 15:1-5

“Bible alone” is false doctrine
Negates the word of God, apostolic councils, creeds, cannons, decrees, and dogma!

an attack on Christ and His holy church
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
To reject the church or church teaching is to reject Christ!

People choose to follow who choose to follow if someone wants to follow these councils of men, that is their choice, but following councils of men they are. When men or councils of men claiming to be Christian go against or contradict God's written word they have gone beyond the authority of God. God, his Only Begotten Son nor the Holy Spirit contradict God's word. When councils of men claiming to be Christian who are saying the Trinity, hellfire doctrine and immortality of the soul are part of scriptures they contradict God's written word. Councils of men who are truly and genuinely christian don't go against or contradict God's written word.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People choose to follow who choose to follow if someone wants to follow these councils of men, that is their choice, but following councils of men they are. When men or councils of men claiming to be Christian go against or contradict God's written word they have gone beyond the authority of God. God, his Only Begotten Son nor the Holy Spirit contradict God's word. When councils of men claiming to be Christian who are saying the Trinity, hellfire doctrine and immortality of the soul are part of scriptures they contradict God's written word. Councils of men who are truly and genuinely christian don't go against or contradict God's written word.

matt 16:18-19
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:19
Jn 20:21-23
Lk 10:16
Jn 13:20
Jn 16:13
Jn 8:32
Eph 2:20
Scratch all these out of your Bible!!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When men or councils of men claiming to be Christian go against or contradict God's written word they have gone beyond the authority of God.

Scratch all these out of your Bible!!!

I knew theefaith would not be able to respond to fallible men abusing power. To him, the Circular Reasoning is if the Church said it, it must be right and true.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew theefaith would not be able to respond to fallible men abusing power. To him, the Circular Reasoning is if the Church said it, it must be right and true.
With the authority of Jesus Christ Matt 28:19 Lk 10:16 and the power of the Holy Spirit Jn 16:13 holy church cannot teach error