Why The Apostles Repeatedly Disobeyed the Risen Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures show that Jesus has the fullness of
Divine quality dwelling in Jesus.The Greek word translated
Divine Quality is, "the·oʹtes," and some translations
translate this Greek word as, "Godhead or deity,"
trying to make out that it's the person of God being
discussed rather than the scriptural context which is the
Quality of the person being discussed. So just because
Jesus has the Divine Quality or Divine Nature in him
doesn't mean God literally dwells in Jesus nor does it
make Jesus God.
The simple fact is the scriptures show that whatever
fullness there is in Jesus it's because it pleased the Father,
or it was God’s own choice, this fullness be in his Only Begotten Son.
No one made the choice for the Only True God to have Divine Nature
The True God has always had Divine Nature because he is the Only True God
the creator of all things and the source of all life.

i would hope you would believe Jesus (way truth and the life) and the scripture
Matt 16:18 18:18 whatsoever you (the apostles) bind on earth is bound in heaven

the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42

they bound the most holy trinity

In holy apostolic council with the jurisdictional authority of the keys of the kingdom of Jesus Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24 His angels
How does Jesus have angels if he is not God???

how can he create to the new creation by breathing on the apostles the same as God breathed life into Adam Jn 20:23

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a pretty low threshold for establishing a being is divine. LOL

Is the HS divine?
Why did he come down from heaven?

is Jesus divine?
Why did he come down from heaven?

how can jesus have angels if he is not God matt 24

how can jesus breathe life in the new creation the same as God did in the old of he is not God? Jn 20:23

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If by using the word Divine you're trying to say that the Holy Spirit is a person then I can't agree with.
Barney you know you just puppet what Kingdom Hall told you to.

John 16:13-14 (NKJV)
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.

Reactions: theefaith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

come Holy Ghost full the hearts of thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of divine love!

blessed be the most holy trinity, now and forever!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would hope you would believe Jesus (way truth and the life) and the scripture
Matt 16:18 18:18 whatsoever you (the apostles) bind on earth is bound in heaven

the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42

they bound the most holy trinity

In holy apostolic council with the jurisdictional authority of the keys of the kingdom of Jesus Christ!

The scriptures show no Trinity doctrine in them, no matter how hard you look.
Consider the words of famed Catholic theologian John Henry Cardinal Newman who believed in the Trinity:
“Let us allow that the whole circle of doctrines, of which our Lord is the subject, was consistently and uniformly confessed by the Primitive Church, but it surely is otherwise with the Catholic doctrine of the Trinity. I do not see in what sense it can be said that there is a consensus of primitive church authorities in its favour.

“The Creeds of that early time make no mention of the Trinity doctrine at all. They make mention indeed of a Three; but there is no mention of any mystery in the doctrine, or that the Three are One, or that they are coequal, coeternal, all uncreated, all omnipotent, all incomprehensible, is not stated, and never could be gathered from them.”⁠
So this theologian who believes in the Trinity is admitting there is no Trinity doctrine among the primitive church, among the Apostolic Father's.
The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), volume 14, page 299 says: The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. In a sense, this is true. The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.”
But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma, but among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures show no Trinity doctrine in them, no matter how hard you look.
Consider the words of famed Catholic theologian John Henry Cardinal Newman who believed in the Trinity:
“Let us allow that the whole circle of doctrines, of which our Lord is the subject, was consistently and uniformly confessed by the Primitive Church, but it surely is otherwise with the Catholic doctrine of the Trinity. I do not see in what sense it can be said that there is a consensus of primitive church authorities in its favour.

“The Creeds of that early time make no mention of the Trinity doctrine at all. They make mention indeed of a Three; but there is no mention of any mystery in the doctrine, or that the Three are One, or that they are coequal, coeternal, all uncreated, all omnipotent, all incomprehensible, is not stated, and never could be gathered from them.”⁠
So this theologian who believes in the Trinity is admitting there is no Trinity doctrine among the primitive church, among the Apostolic Father's.
The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), volume 14, page 299 says: The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. In a sense, this is true. The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.”
But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma, but among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.”

still bound by the authority of Christ in an apostolic council

Matt 3:16-17
Matt 28:18
Jn 1:1
Jn 1:51

51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Jesus is divine
The holy trinity is bound in heaven by the authority of Christ in holy apostolic council

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogma

71. Jesus Christ is the True God and True Son of God.
72. Christ assumed a real body, not an apparent body.
73. Christ assumed not only a body but also a rational soul.
74. Christ was truly generated and born of a daughter of Adam, the Virgin Mary.
75. The Divine and the human natures are united hypostatically in Christ, that is, joined to each other in one Person.
76. Christ Incarnate is a single, that is, a sole Person. He is God and man at the same time.
77. The God-Logos is connected with the flesh by an inner, physical or substantial unification.
Christ is not the bearer of God, but is God really.
78. The human and the divine activities predicated of Christ in Holy Writ and in the Fathers may
not be divided between two persons or hypostases, the Man-Christ and the God-Logos, but must be attributed to the one Christ, the Logos become Flesh. It is the Divine Logos, who suffered in the flesh, was crucified, died, and rose again.
79. The Holy Virgin is the Mother of God since she truly bore the God-Logos become Flesh.
80. In the Hypostatic Union each of the two natures of Christ continues unimpaired, untransformed and unmixed with the other.
81. Each of the two natures in Christ possesses its own natural will and its own natural mode of
operation.
82. The Hypostatic Union of Christ’s human nature with the Divine Logos took place at the moment of conception.
83. The Hypostatic Union will never cease.
84. The Hypostatic Union was effected by the Three Divine Persons acting in common.
85. Only the Second Divine Person became Man.
86. Not only as God but also as man Jesus Christ is the natural Son of God.
87. The God-Man Jesus Christ is to be venerated with one single mode of Worship, the absolute Worship of Latria which is due to God alone.
88. Christ’s Divine and Human characteristics and activities are to be predicated of the one
Word Incarnate.
89. Christ was free from all sin, from original sin as well as from all personal sin.
90. Christ’s human nature was passible (capable of sensation & suffering).
91. The Son of God became man in order to redeem men.
92. Fallen man cannot redeem himself.
93. The God-Man Jesus Christ is a High Priest.
94. Christ offered Himself on the Cross as a true and proper sacrifice.
95. Christ by His Sacrifice on the Cross has ransomed us and reconciled us with God.
96. Christ did not die for the predestined only.
97. Christ’s Atonement does not extend to the fallen angels.
98. Christ, through His Passion and Death, merited reward from God.
99. After His Death, Christ’s soul, which was separated from His Body, descended into the
underworld.
100. On the third day after His Death Christ rose gloriously from the dead.
101. Christ ascended Body and Soul into Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogma

34. In God there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Each of the Three Persons possesses the one (numerical) Divine Essence.
35. In God there are two Internal Divine Processions.
36. The Divine Persons, not the Divine Nature, are the subject of the Internal Divine processions (in the active and in the passive sense).
37. The Second Divine Person proceeds from the First Divine Person by Generation, and therefore is related to Him as Son to a Father.
38. The Holy Ghost proceeds from the Father and from the Son as from a Single Principle through a Single Spiration.
39. The Holy Ghost does not proceed through generation but through spiration.
40. The Relations in God are really identical with the Divine Nature.
41. The Three Divine Persons are in One Another.
42. All the ad extra Activities of God are common to all Three Persons.
43. All that exists outside God was, in its whole substance, produced out of nothing by God.
44. God was moved by His Goodness to create the world.
45. The world was created for the Glorification of God.
46. The Three Divine Persons are one single, common Principle of the Creation.

dogma = catholic and divine faith revealed by God

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have consistently said I know the scriptures personified the Holy Spirit when using words such as, "he, helper, etc but those scriptures don't prove the Holy Spirit to be a person. If I were to go by personification alone I would have to believe death, sin and wisdom to be literal person's, and I'm not going to believe that. So you can quote those scriptures all you want that personify the Holy Spirit but that doesn't prove the Holy Spirit to be a person.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still bound by the authority of Christ in an apostolic council

Matt 3:16-17
Matt 28:18
Jn 1:1
Jn 1:51

51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Jesus is divine
The holy trinity is bound in heaven by the authority of Christ in holy apostolic council
What you choose to believe is your choice but I don't agree with you, and you can say I'm a puppet all you want you honestly think I'm going to worry about an religious organization that you are obviously in agreement with that denies it was the Only-Begotten Son of God who became human and died for mankind. You're the puppet not me.

Reactions: rockytopva

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The Creeds of that early time make no mention of the Trinity doctrine at all.

Really?

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have consistently said I know the scriptures personified the Holy Spirit when using words such as, "he, helper, etc but those scriptures don't prove the Holy Spirit to be a person. If I were to go by personification alone I would have to believe death, sin and wisdom to be literal person's, and I'm not going to believe that. So you can quote those scriptures all you want that personify the Holy Spirit but that doesn't prove the Holy Spirit to be a person.

not God!
Not man!
Not person!

what else is there?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you choose to believe is your choice but I don't agree with you, and you can say I'm a puppet all you want you honestly think I'm going to worry about an religious organization that you are obviously in agreement with that denies it was the Only-Begotten Son of God who became human and died for mankind. You're the puppet not me.

we don’t have a choice thee faith is thee faith period! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
The sacred deposit of faith!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I will because Kingdom Hall LIED to you!

The scriptures show that Jesus has the fullness of
Divine quality dwelling in Jesus.The Greek word translated
Divine Quality is, "the·oʹtes," and some translations
translate this Greek word as, "Godhead or deity,"
trying to make out that it's the person of God being
discussed rather than the scriptural context which is the
Quality of the person being discussed. So just because
Jesus has the Divine Quality or Divine Nature in him
doesn't mean God literally dwells in Jesus nor does it
make Jesus God.
The simple fact is the scriptures show that whatever
fullness there is in Jesus it's because it pleased the Father,
or it was God’s own choice, this fullness be in his Only Begotten Son.
No one made the choice for the Only True God to have Divine Nature
The True God has always had Divine Nature because he is the Only True God
the creator of all things and the source of all life.
Barney please stop trying to rewrite our Bible until you provide your Greek expertise qualifications. Kingdom Hall saying you're an expert doesn't count.