Why the cross actually saves

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, the lying is unreal. Nowhere have I ever stated what he claims. Thanks for having my back bro.
Many need to read these quotes in my signature...

"If you are clear in your theology and in your doctrine you will know that no natural man can believe the gospel... So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself."

Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

“We possess neither the ability, free will, power, nor the righteousness to repair ourselves and escape the wrath of God. It must all be God’s work, Christ’s work, or there is no salvation.”
Michael Horton

“God Himself supplies the necessary condition to come to Jesus. That’s why it is sola gratia, by grace alone, that we are saved.”

R.C. Sproul

“The gospel is the power of God. It does not depend upon me and my faithfulness. If it did we would all be lost. It is God’s power to keep, to justify and to sanctify and to glorify—to take us right into heaven itself. . . nothing can stop it.”

Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many need to read these quotes in my signature...

"If you are clear in your theology and in your doctrine you will know that no natural man can believe the gospel... So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself."

Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

“We possess neither the ability, free will, power, nor the righteousness to repair ourselves and escape the wrath of God. It must all be God’s work, Christ’s work, or there is no salvation.”
Michael Horton

“God Himself supplies the necessary condition to come to Jesus. That’s why it is sola gratia, by grace alone, that we are saved.”

R.C. Sproul

“The gospel is the power of God. It does not depend upon me and my faithfulness. If it did we would all be lost. It is God’s power to keep, to justify and to sanctify and to glorify—to take us right into heaven itself. . . nothing can stop it.”

Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
Yep.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tenor.gif

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine that! Two Reformists agreeing with each other.

“Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch?
The cross of the Christ saves ppl. It doesn’t make ppl saveable. I hear ppl preach and then say they’ll give them a chance to decide after they’re finished preaching. I want my preaching to bring them to the cross, not to a decision.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about it. Just as the same people that received the Holy Spirit in Acts 2 and spoke in tongues as Mark 16:16-18 says, and therefore could not commit willful sins because of the seed of the Father, the same as Jesus, those same people received a second filling in Acts 4:29-31 for ministry, just as Jesus did when He was baptized and began His ministry with signs and wonders.
I'm pretty sure after Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit he went on in his prejudice against Gentiles for a while, until Paul rebuked him and in Acts 10 God showed him "not to call any man (not pork) common or unclean."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you’re not a helicopter. The Christ was fully God, fully human. We are fully man, not part Fluke 87v or a helicopter.
True, but my point is that Christ did lay aside His divinity and submitted Himself to the Father in all things to show us that by accepting the Holy Spirit in us, we too can overcome sin and "walk even as He walked".

Reactions: Helen

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but my point is that Christ did lay aside His divinity and submitted Himself to the Father in all things to show us that by accepting the Holy Spirit in us, we too can overcome sin and "walk even as He walked".
He did not lay aside His divinity. He was/is God clothed in flesh.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Baptist is positively identified as being filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb, but we're going to doubt that the One John was specifically raised up as "the voice of one crying in the wilderness" to announce His arrival had that same Spirit?

No, Eizabeth was. Filled, not indwelt.

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, how does this post disprove that Jesus had two natures and at times spoke and acted according to His divinity and other times spoke and acted in His humanity?
What do you mean by His humanity?
Is it the humanity of fallen man or the humanity that Adam possessed before the fall ? The second being a humanity that had the ability to chose to sin or not to sin ie (posse peccare, posse non peccare)
Blessings
Bill

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by His humanity?
Is it the humanity of fallen man or the humanity that Adam possessed before the fall ? The second being a humanity that had the ability to chose to sin or not to sin ie (posse peccare, posse non peccare)
Blessings
Bill
Adam have free will from the beginning or else he would never fallen.

This contradicts your belief. You do not believe in freewill.

Reactions: Ezra