Why the Holy Spirit Is Excluded from Being Worshipped

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
now what is a son?, spiritually speaking, it is the Greek word, G5207, huios which means, 1. It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. 2. descendants, without reference to sex. 3. those who manifest a certain character, whether evil, or God. (a son of the devil or a son of God). 4. those who act in a certain way, whether evil, or Good.

"A son" is referring to "offspring" or "fruit" or the "product of the seed" eg... a seed of wheat begets wheat not some other grain.
Light begets Light not something else. Truth begets Truth not something else. It has nothing to do with morality. Human morality is not begotten or inherited. It is something people teach one another. It is adopted, chosen and is very subjective.
Keep in mind that the character Jesus was judged as righteous by some in the story and as evil by others in the story. That proves the point that moral characteristics are subject to human perception and not all people see things in exactly the same way. What one sees as good another could very well see in a totally opposite light.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
yes the Spirit of Life is manifested in us. until the redemption of the body, to wit total victory is claimed.

how true are these words to a point. and that point is this, "Therefore any physical man named Jesus on Earth is not God any more than anyone else who has the Spirit of God in their physical body is God". in nature yes, ok, let me prove this point. skyangel I understand where you're coming from, for he is our example, but he humbled himself to be our example. case in point I'm sure you have the Spirit inside you right now, correct. ok, transfigure yourself.................... yes, ye are god, but you forget the very next verse, Psalms 82:7 "But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes".

understand, our Lord and saviour is the EQUAL "diversified" Spirit in flesh and bone, now glorified in that body. Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". understand a glorified body is not something that is immaterial, no a glorified body is a natural body dominated by the Spirit.

skyangel, you made a good post, and brought out some good points. thanks for the post. may God bless you.

No ones physical individual body will ever be redeemed from death or risen from a physical grave. The flesh returns to dust and remains that way.
The spiritual body is not an individual body but is a corporate body which dies daily and is also renewed daily.
2 Cor 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

If you are still waiting for a new spiritual body at some future time after you physically die, then its about time you died to the old man and put on the new one. ( Col 3:9-10)

Ressurrection is a spiritual thing not a physical thing. It is about coming out of spiritual darkness (death) into spiritual Light ( LIFE).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ones physical individual body will ever be redeemed from death or risen from a physical grave
GINOLJC, first thanks for the response. #1. 1 Corinthians 15:35 & 36 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die". now I can stop right here and prove your statement in error. quicken here is "to change", or
G2227 ζωοποιέω zoopoieo (zō-o-poi-ye'-ō) v.
to (re-)vitalize. one cannot revitalized nothing. I have heard all the theories about where each atom is at.... ect.... that's foolishness. #2. verse 37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain". God will change it into what he desires, which bear out in the next verse. 38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body". #3. 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body".understand, a spiritual body is not immaterial, no, a spiritual body is a body that is dominated by the Spirit. supportive scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have".
If you are still waiting for a new spiritual body at some future time after you physically die, then its about time you died to the old man and put on the new one. ( Col 3:9-10)
that's the inner, or inward man. the renewing of the spirit/mind.
Ressurrection is a spiritual thing not a physical thing. It is about coming out of spiritual darkness (death) into spiritual Light ( LIFE).
not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, STOP (sleep is symbolic of DEATH). but let's go on. 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A son" is referring to "offspring" or "fruit" or the "product of the seed" eg... a seed of wheat begets wheat not some other grain.
Light begets Light not something else. Truth begets Truth not something else. It has nothing to do with morality. Human morality is not begotten or inherited. It is something people teach one another. It is adopted, chosen and is very subjective.
Keep in mind that the character Jesus was judged as righteous by some in the story and as evil by others in the story. That proves the point that moral characteristics are subject to human perception and not all people see things in exactly the same way. What one sees as good another could very well see in a totally opposite light.
thanks for the response. U have answered yourself, for me. let's get the definition of "OFFSPRING". my source, Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective
from G1096
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock

see how the word can be used, abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective. skyangel, you're thinking, natural/flesh, a begetting of that kind. not us, offspring, here, is dealing with spiritual begetting, the abstract. listen to the definition of offspring concering a "son" in the abstract. G5207 υἱός huios, 1. It is often used metaphorically of prominent moral characteristics. 2. descendants, without reference to sex. a female can be a son, like in a son of God. 3. those who manifest a certain character, whether Good or evil. my source, Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words.

now the revealer. in the definition above, G1085 γένος genos, did you noyice how this word can be translated? ........ diversity, do you know what diversity or being diverse means? of a different kind, form, character. and this difference is best described in the Greek word "another". either one is G243 allos, or G2087 heteros. and the Lord Jesus is G243 allos with God as the offspring, which phil 2:6 states. so "offspring" in not necessary citing flesh/concrete, but spiritual, abstract.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are talking about diverse manifestations of Life not diverse Spirits of Life.
A reproduction may be different to an original in a physical sense but it is not different in a spiritual sense.
GOOD question and answer. are you not spiritually of God?...... yes, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?". now is there a spiritual difference in you and God. ........... I hope you say yes. thanks.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
GINOLJC, first thanks for the response. #1. 1 Corinthians 15:35 & 36 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die". now I can stop right here and prove your statement in error. quicken here is "to change", or
G2227 ζωοποιέω zoopoieo (zō-o-poi-ye'-ō) v.
to (re-)vitalize. one cannot revitalized nothing. I have heard all the theories about where each atom is at.... ect.... that's foolishness. #2. verse 37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain". God will change it into what he desires, which bear out in the next verse. 38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body". #3. 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body".understand, a spiritual body is not immaterial, no, a spiritual body is a body that is dominated by the Spirit. supportive scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have".

that's the inner, or inward man. the renewing of the spirit/mind.

not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, STOP (sleep is symbolic of DEATH). but let's go on. 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ".

So have you been changed into his likeness yet or are you still in the likeness of your sinful flesh? Rom 6:1-12
Have you died with Christ yet? Rom 6:8, Gal 2:20
Have you been crucified with Christ at all and risen in newness of Life or are you still dead in your trespasses and sins? Eph 2:1, Col 2:13

If you are waiting for your physical body to die in order for it to be resurrected to be like Christ, you are fooling yourself . If you were baptised, any baptism you had made no difference to you at all. You went into the water as a dry sinner and rose up as a wet sinner who still lives in sinful flesh and still thinks with the carnal mind which wants to preserve the carnal flesh at all costs and wants physically dead bodies to be changed into something other than dust. That is sheer foolishness.
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
GOOD question and answer. are you not spiritually of God?...... yes, Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?". now is there a spiritual difference in you and God. ........... I hope you say yes. thanks.

NO. There is no spiritual difference between the Light of the world (revelation in people Matt 5:14 ) and the light of the world (revelation in Jesus John 9:5). There is absolutely NO difference in Spirit since the Spirit of God (Plural) made mankind (Plural) in its own image to know good and evil. The Spirit of LIFE in mankind of the past present and future is the same Spirit as the eternal Spirit of LIFE (God).
There are only differences in manifestation of the Spirit through individual flesh and differences in how that Spirit is judged by immature minds who cannot tell the difference between good and evil and confuse the two.
Think of it like this... You as the Spirit of life are inside an individual body of flesh and you manifest Life differently through your head than you do through your hands or feet since those members of the body all have different tasks to perform. However, the very same LIFE ( You) is in all the members of the body regardless of whether they are all capable of performing the same tasks or not. They (the members of the body which are all YOU), are one body which works together as a whole body and it is foolish to compare a finger or a toe to the whole body as if it was something separate from your body.
There is an obvious physical difference between a head and a foot but there is no spiritual difference in the LIFE within both. The same blood ( LIFE) flows through all members of the body.
There is an obvious difference between an individual body and a corporate body but when the corporate body is made of all the individual bodies of the past present and future, there is absolutely no SPIRITUAL difference in the LIFE which is within the corporate body.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holy spirit is not a person, but rather God's active force. By means of it, God created the universe and its life. That this true, Psalms 104 says that "if you send out your (noting possession by God, an integral part of him) spirit, they (the "heavens" and earth with all its life, Ps 104:2, 5, 16-18) are created, and you renew the surface of the ground".(Ps 104:30)

The word spirit in Hebrew is ruach and in Greek pneuma. These words are also used with regard spirit "sons of God" called angels ("angels", Hebrew malakh and Greek aggelos that literally means "messenger"). At Psalms 104:4, it says that God "makes his angels spirits" who minister to him in the unseen spirit realm.

And at Genesis 1:2, it says that "the earth was formless and waste......and God's active force ("spirit", KJV) was moving about over the waters". Thus, God's spirit is his active force that he uses to create everything, both physical and in the spirit realm, including Jesus, who is called the "beginning of the creation by God" (Rev 3:14) as well as "the firstborn of all creation".(Col 1:15)

At Isaiah 44:3, God says concerning "Jacob" or the nation of fleshly Israel: "For I will pour water on the thirsty one and flowing streams on the dry ground. I will pour out my spirit (noting possession as a fundamental part of him) on your offspring and my blessing on your descendants".

Just as water and blessings are not a person, so likewise of the holy spirit. When "poured out" on a person, God's active force can empower a person accomplish that which is otherwise seen as improbable or impossible. Thus the holy spirit is that which is invisible but produces visible results, the same as electricity can.

For example, when Jehovah (God's personal name) God's spirit "came upon (king) Saul's messengers (when attempting to seize David because of Saul's wicked hatred toward him).....they began behaving as prophets".(1 Sam 19:20) Jehovah's invisible spirit had a visible reaction upon king Saul's messengers, causing them to act like "prophets". This also occurred again when king Saul sent a second body of messengers to get hold of David.(1 Sam 19:21)

And when the holy spirit was "poured out" on the about 120 in Jerusalem on Pentecost 33 C.E., it caused those there to speak in a multitude of languages.(Acts 2:3-13) An at John 3:8, the Greek word pneuma is rendered both as "wind" and as "spirit". Hence, it is not the holy spirit that is honored but our Maker, Jehovah God, who possesses the holy spirit as his active force.

Psalms 95 says: "Come, let us shout joyfully to Jehovah ! Let us shout in triumph to our Rock of salvation.....For Jehovah is a great God, a great king over all other gods".(Ps 95:1, 3) It is Jehovah who is to be worshipped, for Jesus, quoting from Deuteronomy 10:20, told Satan: "Go away Satan ! For it is written: ' It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service".(Matt 4:10)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holy spirit is not a person, but rather God's active force. By means of it, God created the universe and its life.
I Must disagree. you clearly said, "By means of it, God created the universe and its life". scripture, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself". so Guestman you said that the Spirit created the universe and its life. but the LORD said he did it "alone". do you know what alone means and he also said "by myself" do you understand what "by myself" means. if you have a different explanation (meaning not the Spirit), for God is a Spirit John 4:24a. I'm willing to hear it.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Why is answered very simply at Jn.14:17 - twinc

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worshiping the Father and or the Son, Includes Worshiping the Spirit of ether of the two, they are of the same Spirit. have you not read when the Three came to Abraham's tent, when they were leaving to go to Sodom, they said should we not tell Abraham what we are about to do. which one of the three was God, Son, Spirit!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Worshiping the Father and or the Son, Includes Worshiping the Spirit of ether of the two, they are of the same Spirit. have you not read when the Three came to Abraham's tent, when they were leaving to go to Sodom, they said should we not tell Abraham what we are about to do. which one of the three was God, Son, Spirit!

lest we forget - he who does not have the Son does not have the Father - he who has the Son has the Father also and so has the Spirit also - twinc