Why the Law and the Commandments Have Been Abolished

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much more important, to make sure it is tidy. If your lawful life is a mess, the world will condemn you along with it.
Nothing is tidy. We are sinners saved by grace. We are still here in this sinful world in our unredeemed Adamic bodies, Romans 8:23.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you don't. Christians are not led by laws, rules or religion, they are led by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13-15. The Holy Spirit will not cause a Christian to sin. Those that are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit are led by laws, rules and religion.
Excuse me sir. Who do you think you are?
First Corinthians chapter 2 tells us of those who are guided by holy spirit. Spirtual discernment is the key.

Romans chapter 6 to document, every one in the flesh sins and must repent.

In gospel of Matthew, jesus tells us of sins that originate from people. Lust, hatred, murder, stealing, evil thoughts. It DEFILES man from within.

Epistle of John. Who ever says thier without sin is liar. If someone has holy spirit, they still sin and must repent.

Luke chapter 13, Jesus says, repent or perish.

Titus chapter 3 warns us of heretics. They have a subverted mind and are self condemned.

I marked you as Heretic. You suppress the truth and manipulate God's word to your interest.
Corinthians chapter 4. Some people are blinded by god of this world. Your in Bondage.

A child of light wont be manipulative and distort God's word. Only children of darkness do this.

I marked this as Heretic. False brethren have subverted minds and twisted logic.

Micah chapter 3, Jesus has special area for fake brethren at the 7th trump. It's going into the pit during millennium with satan. Then judgement day. I hope you have asbestos suit. Get the picture.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me sir. Who do you think you are?
First Corinthians chapter 2 tells us of those who are guided by holy spirit. Spirtual discernment is the key.

Romans chapter 6 to document, every one in the flesh sins and must repent.

In gospel of Matthew, jesus tells us of sins that originate from people. Lust, hatred, murder, stealing, evil thoughts. It DEFILES man from within.

Epistle of John. Who ever says thier without sin is liar. If someone has holy spirit, they still sin and must repent.

Luke chapter 13, Jesus says, repent or perish.

Titus chapter 3 warns us of heretics. They have a subverted mind and are self condemned.

I marked you as Heretic. You suppress the truth and manipulate God's word to your interest.
Corinthians chapter 4. Some people are blinded by god of this world. Your in Bondage.

A child of light wont be manipulative and distort God's word. Only children of darkness do this.

I marked this as Heretic. False brethren have subverted minds and twisted logic.

Micah chapter 3, Jesus has special area for fake brethren at the 7th trump. It's going into the pit during millennium with satan. Then judgement day. I hope you have asbestos suit. Get the picture.
How sad. You are on the wrong bus going in the wrong direction. Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. You have not found it. What you have found is religion. Stop trying to save yourself and call on Christ to save you. Romans 10:13.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law and the commandments are obsolete and are no longer needed. Under the New Covenant God's people are led and taught by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13-16. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus. This is why the "Holy of Holies" was destroyed. God tore the veil that covered the entrance to the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom while Jesus was dying on the cross, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant of law, rules and religion and the beginning of the New Covenant of grace and faith. God is now present with his people by the indwelling Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:7-13.

The New Covenant is revolutionary because it abolishes the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion. Paul said, "The just (justified) shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. They live by faith in Christ and his Gospel, Romans 1:17 and not according to the old religion of Judaism. This was a very difficult pill for the Jewish people to swallow. If you had been practicing Judaism for forty years and along comes Paul and says, we are not doing that anymore, it is no wonder that they wanted to kill him.

In the Gospel Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfills all of the demands of God's Holy Law. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in Him" Colossians 2:10. If God sees us as perfect and complete in Christ then there is no longer any need for laws, rules and religion. Religion is a denial of the New Covenant of the Gospel and salvation by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. There are consequences for those that deny the New Covenant of salvation by grace through faith, Galatians 3:10. To continue under the Old Covenant is a denial of the of the New Covenant and Salvation by grace through faith and is under the judgment of God.

Under the New Covenant Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly. We are now called to cease from our own works and religion and enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:9-10. We now rest in his righteousness and in His atonement for our sins and not in rules, laws and religion. If we are ALREADY complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10 and have faith in what he has accomplished on our behalf, then that should not be a difficult thing to do.
Hogwash.
Such a long errant proclamation isn't able to be corrected by right understanding of Immanuel's teaching. The author is implacable.

Which is unfortunate for them and all who ignore Immanuel's actual teaching. :(

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hogwash.
Such a long errant proclamation isn't able to be corrected by right understanding of Immanuel's teaching. The author is implacable.

Which is unfortunate for them and all who ignore Immanuel's actual teaching. :(
The reason that Jesus taught the law was to show us that we are sinners, in desperate need of a savior. Unfortunately, you, like the Pharisees thought that they could keep the law. Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. Worse yet, those that try to keep the law and the commandments are under the curse, Galatians 3:10. If you think that Jesus was pleased with the Pharisees attempt to keep the law, then you should read the 23rd chapter of Matthew.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason that Jesus taught the law was to show us that we are sinners, in desperate need of a savior. Unfortunately, you, like the Pharisees thought that they could keep the law. Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. Worse yet, those that try to keep the law and the commandments are under the curse, Galatians 3:10. If you think that Jesus was pleased with the Pharisees attempt to keep the law, then you should read the 23rd chapter of Matthew.
You should read the entire New Testament. Not argue lawlessness is holiness.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never said that lawlessness is holiness. Where did you get that? People that think that they can keep the law are hypocrites.
And yet Immanuel detailed laws that were to be adhered to. And even said,if you love me you will keep my commandments.

He also said, not one jot nor tittle will disappear from the law until all is accomplished.

Immanuel gave us his laws. Where did he tell us they are now vacated,or,not applicable?

When he also told us his laws are written on our hearts so we shall not be far from them.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Immanuel detailed laws that were to be adhered to. And even said,if you love me you will keep my commandments.

He also said, not one jot nor tittle will disappear from the law until all is accomplished.

Immanuel gave us his laws. Where did he tell us they are now vacated,or,not applicable?

When he also told us his laws are written on our hearts so we shall not be far from them.
All has been accomplished. The law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15. All sin has been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. We are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:14. No more need for laws, rules and religion. If you continue in the law, you are under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All has been accomplished. The law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15. All sin has been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. We are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:14. No more need for laws, rules and religion. If you continue in the law, you are under the curse, Galatians 3:10.
Please post the scriptures where Immanuel stated he would remove his laws that he wrote on our heart.
According to your theory, those that no longer apply.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please post the scriptures where Immanuel stated he would remove his laws that he wrote on our heart.
According to your theory, those that no longer apply.
The law is still binding on the lost. They will be judged by it and condemned. Christians are not under the law or subject to it, Paul said, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. Paul was Christ's representative. He received his information directly from Jesus, Galatians 1:11-12. Do you believe that Paul was a heretic?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn. If you follow after it you will be cursed, Galatians 3:10.
It should not come as a surprise that people want to obey the Law, that's the Law.

You may not live by the Law, but you have to respect the Law's place.

Jesus said "I did not come to destroy the Law or the Prophets, I came to fulfil" (from memory, the gospels).

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is still binding on the lost. They will be judged by it and condemned. Christians are not under the law or subject to it, Paul said, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. Paul was Christ's representative. He received his information directly from Jesus, Galatians 1:11-12. Do you believe that Paul was a heretic?
No scripture then? Ok.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should not come as a surprise that people want to obey the Law, that's the Law.

You may not live by the Law, but you have to respect the Law's place.

Jesus said "I did not come to destroy the Law or the Prophets, I came to fulfil" (from memory, the gospels).
Of course, people love laws and rules, it is their religion. The Pharisees took a lot of pride in trying to obey the law. They even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23.

The purpose of the law is to reveal the righteousness of God. Jesus was the law of God incarnate in human flesh.

Jesus having fulfilled every jot and tittle of the law abolished it. Ephesians 2:15. Where there is no law there is no sin, Romans 4:15.

Reactions: Gottservant