Why the Mass, Eucharist, & "Holy" Communion Is Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you get born again of the Spirit? In other words, how do you get the promise of the Holy Spirit at your salvation?

You can tell when a believer or a church opposes itself when they acknowledge that the Holy Spirit is in you but yet deny that you are not saved yet for having come to & believed in Jesus Christ.

The fact that the Holy Spirit is in you, proves you are saved. There is only going on to perfection now by running that race by faith in Jesus Christ to help you lay aside every weight & sin daily for walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son so that you may bear fruit & your joy is full.

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.'''

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Jesus made only one offering for sins for ever and thereby is sitting at the right hand of God for why we are perfected for ever as sanctified for ever as saved because Jesus is not getting up from that sitting place to offer Himself again. The Holy Ghost in us is also a witness to us that we are saved for why there is no more offering for sin.

To believe that the Church is making His one time offering for sin "to be made present again" to "receive again" in the Mass is a lie and an offense to God as if making the blood f the Covenant on par with the blood of bulls & goats to have to do it again.

Here is what happens to believers after having received the knowledge of the truth that there is no more sacrifice for sins, and yet sin willfully as if there still is, treating His blood like the blood of bulls & goats, God will judge His people severely.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Do note how the Lord still considers them as His people even though they will be judged severely.

When any one believes in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God has raised Him from the dead, they are saved. That foundation has been laid by Jesus Christ and that seal of adoption is given which can never be removed, but if any works on that foundation denies Him, He will deny them for not abiding in Him & His words when He comes as the Bridegroom, but even though saints left behind to die, He still abides in them for why their spirits will be with the Lord in Heaven awaiting their resurrection after the great tribulation.

Salvation is not lost but being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection is lost, by not enduring to the end by keeping the faith which is the good fight. There are other iniquities for why a saved believer would be left behind in for not departing from, but not doing communion only in remembrance of Him but receiving Him again as that one time sacrifice for sins is made present again to receive again is an offense to God.

One can repent of this offense to God by doing "communion" only in remembrance of Him as proclaiming the Lord's death in what He has accomplished for having saved us till He comes.

Reactions: Nancy

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I point out that when Protestant churches begin communion with "We come into His presence today", that is the same thing as denying He is in us always, because we are not walking away from His Presence after communion service in church that day.

Either we say what we mean in regards to our faith in Jeus Christ or we are opposing that faith of Jesus Christ being in us by seeking to be in His Presence again at communion.

There is no point calling communion, "holy" communion for that would make communion more than what it is to be done for, in remembrance of Him.

Like it or not, if Protestant wants their faith to stand apart from Catholicism for Catholics to see their faith in Jesus Christ, they cannot use the word "holy" as part of the title of communion, nor can they use the words "sacrament", the Eucharist, and the Mass, either when it is Catholic in origin.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? 23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Many will seek to be raptured when the Bridegroom comes but will not be able to. Dare we apply verse 26 below to "coming into His Presence" to take communion? I dare say we should say what we mean and repent or else risk being left behind from attending the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooooo you dont take communion is what you’re saying??? Dont worry, i dont either. I used to when i was younger but i didnt understand it then.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christ4Me -
You have a confused message, by mixing terms that do not mean the same thing or apply to all people.

There are interims between not hearing and hearing; not believing, not sure, believing, not prepared to commit and committing.

Hearing the Truth, does not immediately mean the person is instantly believing.
It’s a journey, and not all people begin at the same age, or travel at the same speed.
All Scripture is true, but all Scriptures do not APPLY to every individual the exact Same.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see no reason to not call communion holy. If the Holy Spirit is there how can it be anything else?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooooo you dont take communion is what you’re saying??? Dont worry, i dont either. I used to when i was younger but i didnt understand it then.

We are to take communion in remembrance of Him and for nothing else.

I do not go to church any more so taking communion by myself is the only option I have left. I have not done that yet.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christ4Me -
You have a confused message, by mixing terms that do not mean the same thing or apply to all people.

There are interims between not hearing and hearing; not believing, not sure, believing, not prepared to commit and committing.

Hearing the Truth, does not immediately mean the person is instantly believing.
It’s a journey, and not all people begin at the same age, or travel at the same speed.
All Scripture is true, but all Scriptures do not APPLY to every individual the exact Same.

I agree that every one is at a different growth in their walk with the Lord but the Lord prunes the fruitful so they can bear more fruit.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

This iniquity needs to be pruned by the Lord from our lives to be ready for the Bridegroom before He comes or else.

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to take communion in remembrance of Him and for nothing else.

I do not go to church any more so taking communion by myself is the only option I have left. I have not done that yet.
Well that's not how it's supposed to be done anyway. You want to talk about biblical commands, you might also want to mention the one about gathering with other believers.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why dont you goto church anymore?

#1 My former church, due to red tape and whatever, will not hear correction by the scripture on important issues of faith. I just realize that being part of a Presbytery would prevent any church from going against what the Presbytery says was okay since they own the church building and the pastor works for them under an agreement with their beliefs & not to decline from it.

#2 Most of the churches in the valley got involved with the Promise Keepers movement & I mailed to all the churches warning them. Only 2 called me to disagree with me. A couple from a church saw my ad in the newspaper agreeing with what I had shared about Promise Keepers, but their church never contacted me. From what they had sent in the mail, sounded like they were the Bereans.

#3. Plus Jesus seems to imply that nobody would listen to a "prophet" in his own country or in his own house. Not that I consider myself a prophet but someone that Jesus had pulled me out of a lot of iniquity & kept me from the 2 major apostasy engulfing the nation in the 1990's which was the Promise Keepers movements and the holy laughter movement. Indeed, in one convention, both movements joined together in St. Louis, Missouri.

#4. I have enemies that go out of their way to sow discord between me and others. I am usually a victim of pranks and mischief and fraud when I go out, including going to the family doctor. They have been doing it for quite some time, and it doesn't look like it will end any time soon. My enemies range from sinners to Christians, but it is odd how they all seem to be of one accord in coming after me in making sport of me.

In spite of it all, Jesus Christ is my Good Shepherd & Friend Who helps me to walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son. He carries me through these provocative events and helps me when the devil tries to get a grip on my anger repeatedly afterwards by reminding me to forgive them for they know not what they do and to suffer grief as He did. 1 Peter 2:19-25 I do have His peace the majority of the time & for that I am thankful.

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree that every one is at a different growth in their walk with the Lord but the Lord prunes the fruitful so they can bear more fruit.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

This iniquity needs to be pruned by the Lord from our lives to be ready for the Bridegroom before He comes or else.

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
@Christ4Me John 15 is a great passage: the fruitfulness of those who abide in the vine.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's not how it's supposed to be done anyway. You want to talk about biblical commands, you might also want to mention the one about gathering with other believers.

I acknowledge that in scripture but there is this as well.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Ephesians 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

1 John 3:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

You can all pray for me, but so far, I do not see the Lord leading me anywhere, but Jesus is still Lord.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Ephesians 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

1 John 3:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

You can all pray for me, but so far, I do not see the Lord leading me anywhere, but Jesus is still Lord.
@Christ4Me Great passages there. I think the impetus for fellowship - as in Acts 2.42 - is about seeking the company of those who are likeminded, given the believer's fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ (as John also in his First Epistle says).

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe anyone in the churches are real believers?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 My former church, due to red tape and whatever, will not hear correction by the scripture on important issues of faith. I just realize that being part of a Presbytery would prevent any church from going against what the Presbytery says was okay since they own the church building and the pastor works for them under an agreement with their beliefs & not to decline from it.

#2 Most of the churches in the valley got involved with the Promise Keepers movement & I mailed to all the churches warning them. Only 2 called me to disagree with me. A couple from a church saw my ad in the newspaper agreeing with what I had shared about Promise Keepers, but their church never contacted me. From what they had sent in the mail, sounded like they were the Bereans.

#3. Plus Jesus seems to imply that nobody would listen to a "prophet" in his own country or in his own house. Not that I consider myself a prophet but someone that Jesus had pulled me out of a lot of iniquity & kept me from the 2 major apostasy engulfing the nation in the 1990's which was the Promise Keepers movements and the holy laughter movement. Indeed, in one convention, both movements joined together in St. Louis, Missouri.

#4. I have enemies that go out of their way to sow discord between me and others. I am usually a victim of pranks and mischief and fraud when I go out, including going to the family doctor. They have been doing it for quite some time, and it doesn't look like it will end any time soon. My enemies range from sinners to Christians, but it is odd how they all seem to be of one accord in coming after me in making sport of me.

In spite of it all, Jesus Christ is my Good Shepherd & Friend Who helps me to walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son. He carries me through these provocative events and helps me when the devil tries to get a grip on my anger repeatedly afterwards by reminding me to forgive them for they know not what they do and to suffer grief as He did. 1 Peter 2:19-25 I do have His peace the majority of the time & for that I am thankful.

are you a presbyterian?? Which denom, PCA, PCUSA, etc?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe anyone in the churches are real believers?

Since I believe professing believers that get left behind are still saved and thus still His, then I believe they are real believers in my church and in other churches also, but just following the crowd and not discerning in proving everything taught to them by the church with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Christians today are followers of a church as if the church is the good shepherd rather than followers of Jesus Christ in trusting Him to do His job personally to us.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I believe professing believers that get left behind are still saved and thus still His, then I believe they are real believers in my church and in other churches also, but just following the crowd and not discerning in proving everything taught to them by the church with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Christians today are followers of a church as if the church is the good shepherd rather than followers of Jesus Christ in trusting Him to do His job personally to us.

people who get left behind are still saved?? Wow. Yea you dont belong in a presbyterian church with thinking like that. Dont you ever study the WCF??