Why the Mass, Eucharist, & "Holy" Communion Is Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will not hear nor listen.

Matthew 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. 15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Ephesians 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;....

14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
your not gonna find a perfect church.

Just saying.. If your not going to obey one command. It would probably be best you not try to tell people they have to obey others.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ told His followers to keep the Passover with the new symbols. Neither mass nor communion are supported by the Bible. The Bible is clear about the fact that His death was to be celebrated on the day that it happened, and only on that day. Much like a lot of other traditions in Catholicism and Protestantism, mass and communion are inventions of men that are commonly elevated above scriptural authority.
Jesus told us to take the cup and the bread and break it. he also said do often in remembrance of me.

That is a command

Jesus never told us to keep easter. or to celebrate his death on the day it happened.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must learn to read more carefully: I have repeatedly said that the topic of Holy Communion is not addressed until 6:53-58, where the Eucharistic imagery of munching on (Greek: trogo") Jesus' flesh and drinking His blood is first introduced. The crudeness of "munching on" Jesus flesh is a clear reference to munching on Communion bread. Prior to 6:53-58, Jesus never refers to munching on "the bread of life" because the topic of Communion has not yet been taken up. I remind you that Jesus omits the topic of Communion in John's treatment of the Last Supper precisely because He addresses Holy Communion in John 6:53-58.

Since Jesus wasn't talking about communion before John 6:53-58, or after John 6:53-58 when He was talking to His disciples in explaining further His message, what makes you think He is talking about communion then, especially when the Jews had asked Him to give them that bread earlier?

Look at the verses that deters from the imagery that you say is about eating communion but it is really about His death on the cross in believing in Him. Better yet, let me show His answer to Nicodemus on how one is born again without water baptsm.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now see the verses that Jesus defer from actual eating of this bread of life.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

This is where He is talking about not the eating of the bread but believing in Him as that Bread of Life. He reiterates it again on how to receive that bread of life that the Jews had asked Him for and that is by believing in Him.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

Still stuck in their mindset of eating for which I believe next is His sarcasm for not believing in Him that He refers to His crucifixion.

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

You can know that is the actual message by how He had asked the question to His other disciples in regards to His ascension that had a hard time wrapping their heads around His words. But do note Jesus is NOT changing the subject as His reference to His ascension has nothing to do with communion for why His reference to His crucifixion was not. Jesus continued to taal about His hard sayings to His disciples about how the eating of teh flesh profits nothing, but it is His words that bring life by believing His words that coming to & believing in Him is how we are saved.

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Anyone can come to communion including sinners that do not believe in Him and just follow the crowd to fit in. But no sinner can come to Him & believe in Him to fool God into saving that sinner, because they have to believe in Him to be saved.

You duck Jesus' teaching about the ongoing nature of the salvation process. How do we continue "to abide in Jesus?" Jesus replies that regular discerning partaking of Holy Communion is an essential aspect (so John 6:54-56, the meaning of which you continually evade.

Unfortunately, you are, but only God can show the truth in His words to deliver you from the lies of the Catholic Church that you do not belong to.

let's get deeper into the Word. Paul denies the once-for-all status as "new creations" in Christ Jesus (2 Cor. 5:17). Rather, he teaches, "Though the outer man perishes, the inner man is made new day by day (4:16)." It is this redemptive process that inspires Paul to confess, "I discipline my body and enslave it, lest having preached to others, I myself should be a reprobate (Greek: "adokimos") (2 Cor. 9:27). "Adokimos" implies "unsaved (so Rom. 1:28)." The uncertainty of the final divine verdict is implicit in Paul's stress on the salvation process, and so, he warns that you must "work out your own salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:13). "Fear and trembling" is advisable because of the danger of self-delusion about whether the salvation process continues on the right course.

Paul also written by the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 where that foundation which was laid by Jesus Christ can never be removed but the works on it that denies Him and defiles the temple of God will be removed in that day. The judgment of whether or not believers abiding in Him to be received as that vessel unto honor in His House from those left behind as reprobates in becoming those vessels unto dishonor in His House is what that running that race is for which is why even former believers are called to depart from iniquity 2 Timothy 2:18-21

If believers run that race believing they are not saved yet as if the seal of adoption in them & that foundation laid by Jesus Christ can be removed, then by their dead works in running that race, they are denying Him as their Savior and risk being denied by Him & left behind albeit saved.

We are saved but we are to go onward to perfection and right now those who believe they are not saved yet, are denying the joy of their salvation that sinners has to wonder why Jesus Christ is the Good News to man.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your not gonna find a perfect church.

Just saying.. If your not going to obey one command. It would probably be best you not try to tell people they have to obey others.

One has to discern with Him when the commandment to withdraw is to be applied just as it is with excommunication.

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

No believer is perfect just as no church is perfect, but when a believer refuses correction, they are to be excommunicated, and if the church refuses correction, but continue in darkness, then we are commanded by the Lord to withdraw.

Ephesians 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Matthew 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. 15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

This is a sign of the times in the latter days when faith is hard to find. Jesus prophesied of this here.

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? 9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

From believers judging one another by not keeping their commitment or promises to God and saying they are not a "true" Christian or judging others for not speaking in tongues as evidence that they are not saved and judging all other churches like a bump in the log or religious, not having the full gospel and all that, how can anyone get the time permitted by the church to rebuke those churches? Everything has to go through its proper channel and issues has to be discussed by the elders & deacons before bringing it before the congregation. And with the rule of the Presbytery over the church as ownership of the property of the church and the guidelines for the pastor to keep his job, they cannot challenge that which the Presbytery approves so how do you think anyone can address the congregation out of season without getting thrown out or arrested?

I have enemies that gossip and slander to shut me down and prevent anyone one to hear His words of warning and rebuke.

That is how bad it is in this area for me. So it is not about finding a perfect church when I am not perfect but it is about one willing to heed His words to repent just as a believer is to hear His words to repent and if not, then Jesus had to help us obey His commandment to withdraw.

I would like to go to a church that does not believe it is perfect that it can do no wrong, for then it is a growing church and I could grow there too.

Tell me how your church is.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told us to take the cup and the bread and break it. he also said do often in remembrance of me.

That is a command

For doing communion in remembrance of Him and for nothing else. If communion was being done for something else that was far more important than doing it in remembrance of Him, then He would have led with that, but He did not because that is all we are to do communion for, in remembrance of Him for what He has done on the cross in having given His life as a ransom for many for why we are saved for having believed Him.

Jesus never told us to keep easter. or to celebrate his death on the day it happened.

Although that is correct, Jesus did not say not to either.

If we wanted to honor or regard any day unto the Lord, we are allowed to do so. If pagans knew how to thwart us religiously honoring the Lord any day of the year by avoiding the pagan's holidays, they would have a pagan holiday each day of the year.

It is not about pagan's origin or what other sinners do that day, but it is about what we do that day as honoring the Lord.

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is a command

You ironically defeated your own argument by quoting Christ. You state with such confidence that Jesus never said it, and yet the fact that He told His disciples to keep the Passover in "remembrance" is a clear indication that it was supposed to be observed as a memorial of the day He died. They certainly understood what He meant by that, and they didn't have the Holy Spirit at the time.

And then there is Paul's words in 1 Cor. 11:26 where he explicitly stated in no uncertain terms that the NT Passover is to be kept as a memorial of Jesus' death:

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes."

What is it about those words that you cannot understand? Call me crazy, but according to Lev. 23, the Passover was commanded to be kept on only 1 day of the entire year, not 52, 26, or 13 days. Americans understand that July 4th is the memorial of their country's independence and that it is to be celebrated on that 1 day, so why is it that professing Christians in America are super confused about the fact that they're only supposed to celebrate Jesus' death on the day that it happened? He was the Passover Lamb, was He not?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ told His followers to keep the Passover with the new symbols. Neither mass nor communion are supported by the Bible. The Bible is clear about the fact that His death was to be celebrated on the day that it happened, and only on that day. Much like a lot of other traditions in Catholicism and Protestantism, mass and communion are inventions of men that are commonly elevated above scriptural authority.

Unless you have scripture specifying only that day of the year in holding communion, there are scripture for why we should doubt that.

Acts 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 3 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

These references proves that the breaking of the bread per communion can be done on the first day of the week or any day of the week.

The only requirement is to do this in remembrance of Him in proclaiming the Lord's death till He comes when they do communion.

1 Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ironically defeated your own argument by quoting Christ. You state with such confidence that Jesus never said it, and yet the fact that He told His disciples to keep the Passover in "remembrance" is a clear indication that it was supposed to be observed as a memorial of the day He died. They certainly understood what He meant by that, and they didn't have the Holy Spirit at the time.

And then there is Paul's words in 1 Cor. 11:26 where he explicitly stated in no uncertain terms that the NT Passover is to be kept as a memorial of Jesus' death:

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes."

What is it about those words that you cannot understand? Call me crazy, but according to Lev. 23, the Passover was commanded to be kept on only 1 day of the entire year, not 52, 26, or 13 days. Americans understand that July 4th is the memorial of their country's independence and that it is to be celebrated on that 1 day, so why is it that professing Christians in America are super confused about the fact that they're only supposed to celebrate Jesus' death on the day that it happened? He was the Passover Lamb, was He not?
Lol, Nice way to not only twist my words. But to twist the word of God

Passover was celebrated once a year. It was done to celebrate the time Israel was freed from slavery.

Paul, when rebuking the people for taking the Lords supper (breaking bread) unworthily, said why do you meet?

Here let hi tell it, he is far better

Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s Supper. 21 For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk. 22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.

1 cor 11:
Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s Supper. 21 For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk. 22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.
Institution of the Lord’s Supper
23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

This is nothing like the passover meal. Which was done once. This is done whenever you meet.

The communion looks nothing like the communion we see in churches today. They were eating, and getting full (you do not get full eating small cracker wafers, or taking a small broken peace of bread) and getting drunk. You dont get drunk drinking a small shot glass of grape juice or wine. Or in passing the wine cup for everyone taking a sip.

Sorry my friend, this is just another thing God wanted us to do that the church has destroyed and made it into something it never was

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you get born again of the Spirit? In other words, how do you get the promise of the Holy Spirit at your salvation?

You can tell when a believer or a church opposes itself when they acknowledge that the Holy Spirit is in you but yet deny that you are not saved yet for having come to & believed in Jesus Christ.

The fact that the Holy Spirit is in you, proves you are saved. There is only going on to perfection now by running that race by faith in Jesus Christ to help you lay aside every weight & sin daily for walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son so that you may bear fruit & your joy is full.

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.'''

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Jesus made only one offering for sins for ever and thereby is sitting at the right hand of God for why we are perfected for ever as sanctified for ever as saved because Jesus is not getting up from that sitting place to offer Himself again. The Holy Ghost in us is also a witness to us that we are saved for why there is no more offering for sin.

To believe that the Church is making His one time offering for sin "to be made present again" to "receive again" in the Mass is a lie and an offense to God as if making the blood f the Covenant on par with the blood of bulls & goats to have to do it again.

Here is what happens to believers after having received the knowledge of the truth that there is no more sacrifice for sins, and yet sin willfully as if there still is, treating His blood like the blood of bulls & goats, God will judge His people severely.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Do note how the Lord still considers them as His people even though they will be judged severely.

When any one believes in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God has raised Him from the dead, they are saved. That foundation has been laid by Jesus Christ and that seal of adoption is given which can never be removed, but if any works on that foundation denies Him, He will deny them for not abiding in Him & His words when He comes as the Bridegroom, but even though saints left behind to die, He still abides in them for why their spirits will be with the Lord in Heaven awaiting their resurrection after the great tribulation.

Salvation is not lost but being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection is lost, by not enduring to the end by keeping the faith which is the good fight. There are other iniquities for why a saved believer would be left behind in for not departing from, but not doing communion only in remembrance of Him but receiving Him again as that one time sacrifice for sins is made present again to receive again is an offense to God.

One can repent of this offense to God by doing "communion" only in remembrance of Him as proclaiming the Lord's death in what He has accomplished for having saved us till He comes.
I always feel close to God, but Communion makes me feel even closer. I suspect it does for most other people, also.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you have scripture specifying only that day of the year in holding communion, there are scripture for why we should doubt that.

Acts 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 3 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

These references proves that the breaking of the bread per communion can be done on the first day of the week or any day of the week.

The only requirement is to do this in remembrance of Him in proclaiming the Lord's death till He comes when they do communion.

1 Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

why do you hate freemasons so much??

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't have any requirements that I am aware of, other than we intend to walk with the Lord, or words to that effect.

wow, you should read 1 Corinthians for the requirements. I gotta ask, which denomination are you in?????
Biblically, there are two types of people who should not take communion: the unregenerate and the unrepentant. Communion should not be open to those who are not born again or those who are living in known, unconfessed sin.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow, you should read 1 Corinthians for the requirements. I gotta ask, which denomination are you in?????
Biblically, there are two types of people who should not take communion: the unregenerate and the unrepentant. Communion should not be open to those who are not born again or those who are living in known, unconfessed sin.
If a person intends to walk with the Lord, maybe it's best to let him take Communion.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always feel close to God, but Communion makes me feel even closer. I suspect it does for most other people, also.

Not sure why when He is as close to you than He can ever be by communion which is why He is not using that as a means to get closer to us or we to Him when it is only done in remembrance of Him in declaring the Lord's death for what He has done to redeem us as He is within us & with always.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do you hate freemasons so much??

I am not sure where you got that from?

We are to love the sinners but hate the sin.

Christians in Freemasonry are not allowed to speak of Christ in the lodge. It is denying Him before men in there but they can confess Him outside the lodge? How does that work with the Lord? I don't believe it will. For that to be imposed on Christians is more than enough reason to leave Freemason rather than join it.

Plus in their initiation vow and the following vows for each degree in Freemasonry, there is a penalty or consequence in that vow if they break it but they say that the vow does not mean anything and that they will not enforce that consequence, and yet while they "wink wink" the vow as not a serious vow, yet they are swearing that oath over the Bible? God has a few words to say about how He hates false swearers.

Malachi 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts. 6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Leviticus 19:11 Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another. 12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed
evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man:

Colossians 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

I do not hate freemasons, but I do hate what they are doing in Freemasonry, because God hates it & will judge its work accordingly for why Christians should leave it.

It is too bad that no one has come up with a good Christian fellowship group for men in the church where they would prefer that over freemasonry or any secular or religious fellowship group.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why when He is as close to you than He can ever be by communion which is why He is not using that as a means to get closer to us or we to Him when it is only done in remembrance of Him in declaring the Lord's death for what He has done to redeem us as He is within us & with always.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
I think Communion focuses our attention on the Lord, in a setting where we have gathered together to express our appreciation for him.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ4Me imagines that knowledge of Greek is irrelevant to exegetical understanding and thus pontificates without bothering to consult academic book commentaries on the Fourth Gospel. So he doesn't realize that Jesus bread of life discourse (6:25-42) interprets the "sign" of the Feeding of the 5,000 (6:1-15) and that this provides a nice segway to the discussion of Holy Communion in 6:53-58.

(1) The only sense in which biblical theology interprets the image of drinking Jesus' blood is drinking the Communion cup which symbolizes Jesus' shed blood. He is unable to point to any text that offers a different interpretation. Thus, he violates the standard principle that biblical imagery should be interpreted by biblical precedent.

(2) His ignorance of Greek forces him to bypass in icy silence the Greek word "trogo" used to refer to eating Jesus' flesh. "Trogo" means "munch on" as in munching on Communion bread, making any other interpretation pointless.

(3) He understandably ducks the point that 6:53-58 is the reason why John is shockingly the only Gospel to omit Jesus' words on the meaning of Holy Communion in its Last Supper discourse (John 13). The obvious explanation is that John has already treated Communion symbolism in 6:53-58. On Christ4Me's reckoning, John seems anti-sacramental!

(4) He ducks the offense that causes Jesus Communion language to drive many of His disciples away (6:66). If this language were merely theological and symbolic, He would have explained that instead of insisting, "My flesh is real food and my blood is real drink (6:55)" in the sense that regular participants in the Eucharist come to "abide in Me, and I in them (6:66)."

(5) Finally, his modern Fundamentalist imposition on the text ignores how this teaching was originally understood in the NT church. Both the term "Christian" and the term "Catholic" originate in the first-century Church of Antioch that was the center of the Gentile mission for Paul, Barnabas, Silas, etc. Ignatius, a first century Bishop of the Church at Antioch, calls the Communion elements "the medicine of immortality" in keeping with the teaching of John 6:53-56.

Reactions: Pathfinder7