Why the "Rapture" is nonsense

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Biblical end-times prophecies vary all according to their own right. The foretold story in the book of revelations states that Jesus will return to the world and all evil and suffering will be stopped.
The implications for a Rapture, to occur, is simple nonsense in relations to the book of revelations statement, about Jesus returning to earth to purify the world from evil. The rapture goes against the basic foundational principles of the Christian moralities and lifestyle that Jesus Christ had paid the price for and the message he provided to his followers and for all people.
The Rapture consists of the world being purified by the vanishing of all believers souls (snatched to heaven) and that all non-believers, to be left on the earth to bear pain, suffering and death from apocalyptic events. The flaw to this story, is the fact that Jesus doesn't work like this.
It goes against everything he taught to the world.
He doesn't leave nobody behind without the chance to repent for their sins, he has mercy, and his return wouldn't be feared, it would be celebrated, the end times would be truthful, in the sense of the end of evil and suffering. Jesus will come to wipe away the pain from the world and purify all the evil, by succumbing them with his power to forgive and love.
The rapture is fake and irrational logic in the average Christians eyes, but the return of Jesus Christ himself, is one that is written in scripture and cannot be confused, as it is plain truth.
God bless.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because...

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

We are in the time of the great falling away. The only thing we lack is the revealing of the AntiChrist.

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Yes, much agreed. A good comment at the least. The anti-Christ is the only ingredient impending to spell out the prophesied coming of Jesus.
God Bless.

Boaz

Jan 7, 2014
thomasleonard said:
Yes, much agreed. A good comment at the least. The anti-Christ is the only ingredient impending to spell out the prophesied coming of Jesus.
God Bless.
By comparing point by point in the following two passages, we can observe that both of the following two
chapters are referring to the same event. Observe the perfect parallels below.

1 Thessalonians 4 1 Corinthians 15
4:16 - the Lord Himself shall come 15:23 - are Christ’s at His coming
4:14 - sleep 15:51 - sleep
4:16 - shout, voice, trump 15:52 - the trumpet shall sound
4:16 - dead in Christ shall rise first 15:52 - dead shall be raised

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Trekson said:
Hi Boaz, Agreed, it's called the rapture
Its called the resurrection in the bible. and in this resurrection, people will be raptured (taken up). But to reply to the op, we cannot just throw out the book of Revelation. It reveals two harvests. The redeemed are harvested to safety just before the rest are harvested to wrath. The time frame may be debatable, but the truth is that the rapture is merely the first resurrection, and it takes place pre-wrath. There is wrath. There will be those who partake of it.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Resurrection of the Dead (in Christ) is a selective calling from Paradise, Abraham's bosom, of the Elect who have passed away (without being martyred) prior to the Day of The Lord. It comes first.

The Rapture (catching up from the Greek) is for all those who are still alive and remain after the Great Tribulation decimates the Elect, martyring many, and seeing others die for want of basic necessities.

Some time later, those who are martyred are made alive after the Two Witnesses complete the number of the fifth Seal.

Paul said we should encourage each other with the promise of our being caught up with Jesus.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
1st Thess 4 "the dead in Christ shall rise first and those who are alive shall be caught up in the air with Christ" the dead in Christ "those who have the testimony of Jesus, and follow His Commandments..Rev 12

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
thomasleonard said:
Biblical end-times prophecies vary all according to their own right. The foretold story in the book of revelations states that Jesus will return to the world and all evil and suffering will be stopped.
The implications for a Rapture, to occur, is simple nonsense in relations to the book of revelations statement, about Jesus returning to earth to purify the world from evil. The rapture goes against the basic foundational principles of the Christian moralities and lifestyle that Jesus Christ had paid the price for and the message he provided to his followers and for all people.
The Rapture consists of the world being purified by the vanishing of all believers souls (snatched to heaven) and that all non-believers, to be left on the earth to bear pain, suffering and death from apocalyptic events. The flaw to this story, is the fact that Jesus doesn't work like this.
It goes against everything he taught to the world.
He doesn't leave nobody behind without the chance to repent for their sins, he has mercy, and his return wouldn't be feared, it would be celebrated, the end times would be truthful, in the sense of the end of evil and suffering. Jesus will come to wipe away the pain from the world and purify all the evil, by succumbing them with his power to forgive and love.
The rapture is fake and irrational logic in the average Christians eyes, but the return of Jesus Christ himself, is one that is written in scripture and cannot be confused, as it
is plain truth.
God bless.
The bible is correct, man's interpretation is the one that is in error.

Let us take a look at judgment day (what some call rapture):
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Gather up the wicked and burn them, leave the good behind in the barn.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
This is speaking to Christians,
No more death - we have eternal life.
No more sorrow, crying or pain - we are given happiness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rocky, Your words: "Let us take a look at judgment day (what some call rapture):

Mat 13:30 "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Gather up the wicked and burn them, leave the good behind in the barn."

Personally, I don't see this as the rapture and I don't view the rapture as "judgment day". Here is a passage of scripture with the same theme but a different order. (words in parenthesis mine)

Rev. 14:14-20 - "and I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped. (the rapture)
17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. (christians are not appointed to wrath)
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs."

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Trekson said:
Hi Rocky, Your words: "Let us take a look at judgment day (what some call rapture):

Mat 13:30 "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Gather up the wicked and burn them, leave the good behind in the barn."

Personally, I don't see this as the rapture and I don't view the rapture as "judgment day". Here is a passage of scripture with the same theme but a different order. (words in parenthesis mine)

Rev. 14:14-20 - "and I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped. (the rapture)
17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. (christians are not appointed to wrath)
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs."
Hey Trekson,
We are probably closer to understanding than what is apparent. I will give a few other points.

We use hermenutics for understanding
[SIZE=12pt]Hi Rocky, Your words: "[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Let us take a look at judgment day (what some call rapture):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Mat 13:30[/SIZE] "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." [SIZE=12pt]Gather up the wicked and burn them, leave the good behind in the barn[/SIZE]."
In the above scripture, Jesus is speaking to Jews. He is telling them to let both tares and wheat grow (number of those Jews that had died under law) until the time of harvest (judgment day, last day, or end of the age) then he would reap (harvest those Jews that had died under law) both the wicked, which he will burn, and the wheat (faithful Jews) to be brought into his barn.
[SIZE=14pt]Rev. 14:14-20[/SIZE] - "[SIZE=14pt]and I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
Here John is seeing those things that Jesus had referred to in Matthew. We see the reaper is Jesus.
[SIZE=12pt]15 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]16 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]; and the earth was reaped.[/SIZE] (the rapture)
[SIZE=12pt]17 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]18 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]19 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]the wrath of God[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]20 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space o[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]f a thousand and six hundred furlongs[/SIZE]."

Scripture does not speak of judgment of Christians. We are judged at the time we believe.
Rev 14:4[SIZE=14pt] These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [/SIZE]being[SIZE=14pt] the[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] first[/SIZE]fruits unto God and to the Lamb.
first fruits came from the apostles generation
Rev 14:5[SIZE=14pt] And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]without fault[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] before the throne of God. [/SIZE]

Below shows those that were dead (Jews) being judged according to their works (for they lived under the law).
Rev 20:12[SIZE=14pt] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [/SIZE]the book[SIZE=14pt] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.[/SIZE]

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rocky, I can't say that I agree with your conclusions. Regarding Matt. 13:30, Your words: "In the above scripture, Jesus is speaking to Jews. He is telling them to let both tares and wheat grow (number of those Jews that had died under law) until the time of harvest (judgment day, last day, or end of the age) then he would reap (harvest those Jews that had died under law) both the wicked, which he will burn, and the wheat (faithful Jews) to be brought into his barn."

Let's assume for the moment that Jesus is just speaking about Jews. At this point in time all Jews have died under the law even leading up to Christ who was also crucified while under the law. Some were faithful and some weren't but obviously the end time harvest isn't just for Jews. The tares don't represent Jews who have died under the law, they are unrepentent sinners or those who sneak into the houses of worship to create chaos (wolves in sheep's clothing). There is just no way all jews who died under the law can be classified as "the wicked" because that would include all the OT heroes of faith and Christ, Himself.

Your words: "Scripture does not speak of judgment of Christians. We are judged at the time we believe."

While we're not judged in the categories of being either saved or condemned, christians will be judged by the works they did or didn't do.

Your words: "
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
first fruits came from the apostles generation
Rev 14:5[SIZE=14pt] And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are [/SIZE]without fault[SIZE=14pt] before the throne of God[/SIZE]."

Rev. 7:4-8 tells us who the 144,000 are and they have a latter day significance not an apostolic generation one.

Your words: "
Below shows those that were dead (Jews) being judged according to their works (for they lived under the law).
Rev 20:12[SIZE=14pt] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [/SIZE]the book[SIZE=14pt] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works[/SIZE]."

The GWTJ will entail every human that ever lived outside of Christ and/or faith in God. It certainly isn't restricted to just Jews. Works isn't equal to being under the law. Christians will be judged by their works as well.

1 Pet. 1:17 - "And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear."
1 pet. 4:17-18 - For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

Xhavon

Oct 21, 2014
thomasleonard said:
God Bless.
i agree with your OP but not with this. The anti-christ is nonsense according to Apostle John.

1 john 2
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

1 john 4
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist