Why The Seventy Weeks Are 490 Days - To Be Interpreted As Years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess nobody has any clues as to seventy "week" (periods of time, of which 69 are years per verse 2, and the seventieth is a week of years). And I guess @1stCenturyLady still rambles on about interpreting Chapter 8, but can't solve the introduction of the two horns identified as Media and Persia.

Well, I'm sure that even though a person doesn't know where the starting line is, nor the finish line for that matter, that the rest of the course is easy-peasy.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

PS I'll probably never understand why people don't own up to their mistakes, and move on. I must be a "racist", or "homophobic", or "sexist", or SOMETHING because any FAULT certainly ain't gonna be "owned" by @1stCenturyLady.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess nobody has any clues as to seventy "week" (periods of time, of which 69 are years per verse 2, and the seventieth is a week of years). And I guess @1stCenturyLady still rambles on about interpreting Chapter 8, but can't solve the introduction of the two horns identified as Media and Persia.

Well, I'm sure that even though a person doesn't know where the starting line is, nor the finish line for that matter, that the rest of the course is easy-peasy.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

PS I'll probably never understand why people don't own up to their mistakes, and move on. I must be a "racist", or "homophobic", or "sexist", or SOMETHING because any FAULT certainly ain't gonna be "owned" by @1stCenturyLady.
The interpretation is clear. It becomes a mystery and a muddle when one tries to superimpose or jam theories and points of view into it that will never fit.

Reactions: brakelite

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The interpretation is clear. It becomes a mystery and a muddle when one tries to superimpose or jam theories and points of view into it that will never fit.

"Superimpose", "jam", "theories", "points of view", -- you've never done that. In fact, I can't think of anything you've ever done, -- except accuse others.

Maybe some day you'll have a thought on a subject. Any subject. In FACT, if the "INTERPRETATION IS CLEAR" as you assert, maybe YOU could identify the KINGS of MEDIA and PERSIA which @1stCenturyLady asserted she could do, but ultimately couldn't. -- But somehow I'm not expecting your assertion to be substantiated.

Empty words, empty assertions, empty minds,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Superimpose", "jam", "theories", "points of view", -- you've never done that. In fact, I can't think of anything you've ever done, -- except accuse others.

Maybe some day you'll have a thought on a subject. Any subject. In FACT, if the "INTERPRETATION IS CLEAR" as you assert, maybe YOU could identify the KINGS of MEDIA and PERSIA which @1stCenturyLady asserted she could do, but ultimately couldn't. -- But somehow I'm not expecting your assertion to be substantiated.

Empty words, empty assertions, empty minds,
Bobby Jo
BJ, you are full of self importance and pride. Unless the course is changed, it will be your undoing.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm reminded of the story Jesus told of the rich man and Lazarus, his point being 'if they don't believe Moses and the prophets neither will they believe even if one rose from the dead'. In other words, even if the obvious is right there it won't be seen irrespective of how much evidence is presented. This is there case with you BJ.....you're mind has rejected that which you don't want to see in favour of your fantasy in spite of the obvious.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm reminded of ... .
... a guy who boasts how stupid others are, and how he could have though/wrote/planned/designed/built/etc. something, -- but sits on his hind quarters never actually doing anything.

Quote Bobby Jo:
Who are the KINGS of MEDIA and PERSIA
Quote QuiteThinker:
The interpretation is clear.​

Put up or shut up. :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I sure would appreciate an answer from either:

@Phoneman777 or @quietthinker

But some people run for an apron rather than own up to their "responsibilities as a Christian". -- Or "christian".

Bobby Jo
Have you ever wondered why Jesus never answered Herod when he was being questioned? Perhaps he was just running for an apron rather than owning up to his responsibilities?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sure would appreciate an answer from either:

@Phoneman777 or @quietthinker

But some people run for an apron rather than own up to their "responsibilities as a Christian". -- Or "christian".

Bobby Jo
You're confusing what you suppose is fear in your opponents with what is actually the case with them: the wisdom to ignore the foolish rantings of a rude, unChristlike know-nothing

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote Bobby Jo:
Who are the KINGS of MEDIA and PERSIA
Quote quietthinker:
The interpretation is clear.
Have you ever wondered why Jesus never answered Herod when he was being questioned? ...

Herod has nothing to do with this discussion, wherein YOU made an assertion which you apparently can't/won't live up to.

John wrote about satan's essence:

John 8:44 ... He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Christians are not supposed to lie, so please tell us:

Who are the two KINGS of MEDIA and PERSIA!

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm reminded of the story Jesus told of the rich man and Lazarus, his point being 'if they don't believe Moses and the prophets neither will they believe even if one rose from the dead'. In other words, even if the obvious is right there it won't be seen irrespective of how much evidence is presented.
I just recently noticed that passage myself, but I got a different message which was the fact that the rich man clearly didn't believe Moses or the Prophets. He didn't take anything Moses or the prophets wrote to heart, therefore they won't believe what Jesus taught either, even if he rose from the dead. The reason I think that's a more accurate message is because it was written to the early church which was primarily Jewish, and still observing the Mosaic law.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @shnarkle,
The question regarding the Daniel 8 two "kings of Media and Persia" is a little off track from the seventy weeks OP, but it thrust at the same issue. The seventy "weeks" are not 490; and the Medo/Persian Empire never had a dual monarchy, -- in contrast to the Roman Empire which HAD a dual monarchy from 44 - 31BC consisting of Julius Caesar and Marc Antony.

Other issues may be better served in NEW Topics, but I'd like to find ONE prophetic Chapter of Daniel which has a fulfillment, -- because I haven't seen any from the Commentators, or from those who assert as some:

Quote @quietthinker:
The interpretation is clear.​

Please SOMEBODY help clear up what @quietthinker can't./won't answer ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited: