Why was there a reformation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well wrangler....Neither of those passages say anything about religious freedom.
It sure does! You are being willfully ignorant! If the church that Jesus founded was the only way he would have endorsed his disciples condemnation of them.

He did not. Ergo, religious Liberty.

Reactions: theefaith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no the Holy Spirit leads the apostles into all truth and they must teach us! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 acts 8:31

That's the 'ol "BIblical Promises are for THEM, and NOT FOR US" cessationist LIE!!!!

The "Apostles" (the original 12) are DEAD, and "Apostolic succession" is just another phony Roman Catholic fantasy. God still speaks to his Children, and PROMISES that we will KNOW HIS VOICE. ANd He promises that we'll KNOW THE DIFFERENCE between HIS voice, and the voice of a false teacher/Prophet.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why was there a reformation . That is the title of this thread . Correct .
IT was to correct the fallen church who served satan and not Christ .
The thing is TODAY we need a reformation out of IT and most all of even the protestant realm .
This lamb is gonna die upon this hill . Men done sold us all out . As for me , ITS JESUS and the BIBLE .

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we agree. Doing good works does not indicate that one is a Christian or have faith in God. And we agree that one does not become a Christian (born again) unless they have faith. But what does Scripture say about faith and works Bob? It says faith without works is dead. So if you don't have works that means that you don't have TRUE faith.....which is what I have been saying all along which is also what Scripture says.

THAT I can agree with. Put a different way, if WHAT YOU CALL FAITH doesn't automatically result in you beginning to manifest spiritually valid Activities, then what you call faith was never "Faith" at all.

Charles Spurgeon said that: "Any faith that doesn't CHANGE a Person, won't SAVE them either".

Reactions: Marymog

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lived it. I taught Bible in Catholic home meetings at the invitation of the parish priests.
So how come parish priests would never invite me to teach .
Would a liberal allow a conservative to teach
would a conservative allow a liberal to teach
Of couse not .
The reason the catholic church and most of our protestant sold out churches would never allow one like me to come
and teach , Is cause they want nothing to do with the biblical truth i would bring .
IF catholic parishes accept you to teach , IT MEANS you must be all inclusive and are in it for UNITY and not TRUTH .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)
as a blanket statement this would be SO TRUE . the only problem is , you are no different than those of other false religions .
ALL make the claim they church IS the CHURCH or thier way is the way . YA FORGOT TO TEST MEN against
THE DOCRINE OF JESUS HIMSELF and the APOSTELS . THE VERYONES you claim to follow and yet you follow men who taught
you things contray to THEM . FLEE that hole and never look back . I know i follow CHRIST and the orginal apostels
And yet you Say YOU KNOW the same thing . GUESS what . OPEN BIBLE and learn that , AND SEE WHO IS FOLLOWING WHOM .

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how come parish priests would never invite me to teach .
Would a liberal allow a conservative to teach
would a conservative allow a liberal to teach
Of couse not .
The reason the catholic church and most of our protestant sold out churches would never allow one like me to come
and teach , Is cause they want nothing to do with the biblical truth i would bring .
IF catholic parishes accept you to teach , IT MEANS you must be all inclusive and are in it for UNITY and not TRUTH .

Chuckle!!!
The parish Priests in Central Ohio in the '70s were experiencing their people coming into the "Baptism of the Holy SPirit" and getting Born Again (to use pentecostal terminology) and didn't have a CLUE how to handle it, So those of us who DID know about it (Pentecostals and Charismatics) were invited to "Fill in the gaps" that the Priesthood couldn't handle.

Wouldn't happen today, of course, but the late '60s/'70s were quite a different time.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the 'ol "BIblical Promises are for THEM, and NOT FOR US" cessationist LIE!!!!

The "Apostles" (the original 12) are DEAD, and "Apostolic succession" is just another phony Roman Catholic fantasy. God still speaks to his Children, and PROMISES that we will KNOW HIS VOICE. ANd He promises that we'll KNOW THE DIFFERENCE between HIS voice, and the voice of a false teacher/Prophet.

matt 28:19-20
Christ to his apostles
Behold I am with you until the end
So the apostles must here till Christ returns

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
same as Christ
Same mission power and authority
Jn 20:21-23

Mathias replaced judas acts 1:26

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as a blanket statement this would be SO TRUE . the only problem is , you are no different than those of other false religions .
ALL make the claim they church IS the CHURCH or thier way is the way . YA FORGOT TO TEST MEN against
THE DOCRINE OF JESUS HIMSELF and the APOSTELS . THE VERYONES you claim to follow and yet you follow men who taught
you things contray to THEM . FLEE that hole and never look back . I know i follow CHRIST and the orginal apostels
And yet you Say YOU KNOW the same thing . GUESS what . OPEN BIBLE and learn that , AND SEE WHO IS FOLLOWING WHOM .

why does it need be in the Bible?
Where does it say the Bible alone?
Where does it say all truths revealed by God are in the Bible?
What is the source of truth for Christians?
Or the rule of faith? How do we know what to believe? What is the pillar and ground of truth?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chuckle!!!
The parish Priests in Central Ohio in the '70s were experiencing their people coming into the "Baptism of the Holy SPirit" and getting Born Again (to use pentecostal terminology) and didn't have a CLUE how to handle it, So those of us who DID know about it (Pentecostals and Charismatics) were invited to "Fill in the gaps" that the Priesthood couldn't handle.

Wouldn't happen today, of course, but the late '60s/'70s were quite a different time.
Let all men flee pope francis . Just wanted to remind us all of this .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why does it need be in the Bible?
Where does it say the Bible alone?
Where does it say all truths revealed by God are in the Bible?
What is the source of truth for Christians?
Or the rule of faith? How do we know what to believe? What is the pillar and ground of truth?
When IT CONTRADICTS the BIBLE then IT IS FALSE . Flee that hole of darkness my friend . Flee it .
You are dearly loved and i desire only good for you . Thus i warn .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
same as Christ
Same mission power and authority
Jn 20:21-23

Mathias replaced judas acts 1:26
Mathias did replace judas . Judas went to his own place and better were it for that man , SAID JESUS , that he had never been born .
the popes cant pray that man out of that place , just as no man can pray those who are gone out of where they now are .
FLEE that hole my friend . I desire life for you and only good .

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for me , ITS JESUS and the BIBLE .[/QUOTE]

Me too. Something I struggle with is while witnessing to a neighbor friend who at the end of our conversation asks me about what was a good Church to attend, I paused. I don't know. Of course, there are good Churches out there but I've moved around a lot in my career and now live in the Houston Texas area and have not found a Church that I fully endorse. I feel like a new Christian needs to pray often and to read and study the Bible alone for a period of time before going to a Church. I would not have thought this way years ago. I think it's better to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit in reading the word and establish YOUR foundation in doctrine before being exposed to what might be incorrect doctrine in many of our Churches today. Paul tells us to Work Out or Salvation.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for me , ITS JESUS and the BIBLE .

Me too. Something I struggle with is while witnessing to a neighbor friend who at the end of our conversation asks me about what was a good Church to attend, I paused. I don't know. Of course, there are good Churches out there but I've moved around a lot in my career and now live in the Houston Texas area and have not found a Church that I fully endorse. I feel like a new Christian needs to pray often and to read and study the Bible alone for a period of time before going to a Church. I would not have thought this way years ago. I think it's better to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit in reading the word and establish YOUR foundation in doctrine before being exposed to what might be incorrect doctrine in many of our Churches today. Paul tells us to Work Out or Salvation.[/QUOTE]
volunteer to read the bible with that one . cause like you , When folks ask me what church should i go to
I cant find one to point them too . SO we have church