Why water into wine?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.
They went to him because He was the earthly head of the Church.

Why didn't the Bishop in Corinth settle the matter??

No, Rome wants him to be the earthly head of the Church.

As I said, if the bishop in Corinth did this, then he was mistaken. Remember, the leaders of the churches can be mistaken as is seen in the 7 churches of Revelation.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Rome wants him to be the earthly head of the Church.

As I said, if the bishop in Corinth did this, then he was mistaken. Remember, the leaders of the churches can be mistaken as is seen in the 7 churches of Revelation.

Stranger
Really - what Bishops are named in those Churches?
Here's a hint: they aren't - but we know that those Churches had Bishops.

Just because they aren't mentioned by name doesn't mean they weren't in charge of those Churches - and just because Peter isn't mentioned in those letters to the Asian Churches doesn't mean squat, either.

There ends the lesson for the day . . .

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These days doesnt even go that far,

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

and

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1Jn 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

So we all have that without the church leaders.

Keep in mind (Ephesians 4:8, 11-13)
Wherefore he saith, When He (Jesus) ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 1) For the perfecting of the saints,
2) for the work of the ministry,
3) for the edifying of the body of Christ:
4) Till we all come in the unity of the faith,
5) and of the knowledge of the Son of God,
6) unto a perfect man,
7) unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

Jesus does call individuals to these position in the church for the seven reasons above. They are not there to replace the Holy Spirit or to be your special spiritual counselor. Nevertheless, they are part of the Body and not to be ignore.
Jesus is our King and therefore rules in His Kingdom and as such He has delegated authorities in every realm of living: Governmental, Municipal, Parental, Educational, Professional, Spousal, etc. And then He calls us to pray for them and submit to them as we submit to Him.
Submission however is not blind and will require some testing of truth on our part.
Jesus did not intend for the members of His body to operate as individual islands onto themselves.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really - what Bishops are named in those Churches?
Here's a hint: they aren't - but we know that those Churches had Bishops.

Just because they aren't mentioned by name doesn't mean they weren't in charge of those Churches - and just because Peter isn't mentioned in those letters to the Asian Churches doesn't mean squat, either.

There ends the lesson for the day . . .

Did I say 'bishops'? Or better yet, did Jesus Christ say 'bishops'? (Rev. 2:1-3:14) Nothing here to say a 'bishop' was in charge. And nothing here to say Peter was in charge. And nothing here to say Rome was in charge.

Well, if Peter was head of the Church, and if Rome was over the churches, then they should be the ones Christ is addressing. But, alas, He doesn't. Why? Because they have no authority over the local churches.

Promises, promises.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus did not intend for the members of His body to operate as individual islands onto themselves.
There are no islands in Gods Kingdom, you speak of the flesh, what you see, all those in Christ are in union with Him, not separated by denominations and doctrines. God doesnt need pastors or phophets any more, it was the whole reason why God gives those who truly come to Christ the Holy spirit, so they can all walk in unity undivided. But christianity is divided by doctrines and religions. That will never change because men are carnal.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say 'bishops'? Or better yet, did Jesus Christ say 'bishops'? (Rev. 2:1-3:14) Nothing here to say a 'bishop' was in charge. And nothing here to say Peter was in charge. And nothing here to say Rome was in charge.

Well, if Peter was head of the Church, and if Rome was over the churches, then they should be the ones Christ is addressing. But, alas, He doesn't. Why? Because they have no authority over the local churches.
Promises, promises.
Stranger
You can't be this dense . . .

The local churches are the ones being spoken to in the 7 Letters in Rev. 1 - NOT the Pope. If there is bad behavior by some of the parishioners at my parish - why would the Pope need to get involved?? You're really reaching here.

I realize you just bobbing and weaving when it comes to the truth - but I've explained this to you on numerous occasions already.
Is anybody home in there??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't be this dense . . .

The local churches are the ones being spoken to in the 7 Letters in Rev. 1 - NOT the Pope. If there is bad behavior by some of the parishioners at my parish - why would the Pope need to get involved?? You're really reaching here.

I realize you just bobbing and weaving when it comes to the truth - but I've explained this to you on numerous occasions already.
Is anybody home in there??

Exactly. That is what I have been saying. The leaders of the local churches are the ones addressed to by Jesus Christ. Then the overcoming individual is addressed to by Christ. No need for Christ to go through a pope, or papacy, or the Roman church.

I sense a breakthrough.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That will never change because men are carnal.
oh hooey, stop being such a total wet blanket lol, we are getting there step by step, and you would not want to have lived 100 years ago over today, right? So how 'bout you change, and learn a new trick or something, other than this anti-Gospel jazz you got goin on, ty. Good News! Your sins are forgiven! And passing judgement is as carnal as it gets, k

many are also not carnal, and the eye is the lamp of the body, mjr
you saying "that will never change" is not Scriptural, and makes you an Accuser

Reactions: Willie T

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. That is what I have been saying. The leaders of the local churches are the ones addressed to by Jesus Christ. Then the overcoming individual is addressed to by Christ. No need for Christ to go through a pope, or papacy, or the Roman church.

I sense a breakthrough.

Stranger
Really??
Can you list the names of the Bishops of the local Churches that are "addressed" by Jesus in Rev. 1?

I didn't think you could . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #1224.

Stranger
That's a dodge - not answer.

All of the Churches had Bishops.
Timothy, the student of Paul, was a Bishop Of Ephesus, one of the 7 Churches or Revelation.
Polycarp was ordained by the Apostle John as Bishop of Smyrna.
Antipas, a student of John, was a Bishop of Pergamum.
Melito was a Bishop of Sardis - and so on . . .

In Post#1227, YOU said the following:
"The leaders of the local churches are the ones addressed to by Jesus Christ."

Now, I'll ask you again: Can you list their names??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a dodge - not answer.

All of the Churches had Bishops.
Timothy, the student of Paul, was a Bishop Of Ephesus, one of the 7 Churches or Revelation.
Polycarp was ordained by the Apostle John as Bishop of Smyrna.
Antipas, a student of John, was a Bishop of Pergamum.
Melito was a Bishop of Sardis - and so on . . .

In Post#1227, YOU said the following:
"The leaders of the local churches are the ones addressed to by Jesus Christ."

Now, I'll ask you again: Can you list their names??

Apparently their names were not important to God. As they therefore are not important to me. That the leaders of the individual churches were addressed is what is important. Just as the overcomers names are not mentioned either.

What is important is that neither Peter, the pope, or Rome are involved at all. Why, because they had no authority over the individual churches.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently their names were not important to God. As they therefore are not important to me. That the leaders of the individual churches were addressed is what is important. Just as the overcomers names are not mentioned either.

What is important is that neither Peter, the pope, or Rome are involved at all. Why, because they had no authority over the individual churches.

Stranger
THIS is what is written in the Book of Revelation about the 7 churches of Asia:

“To the ange of the church in Ephesus write:
“To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:
“To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
“To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
“To the angel of the church in Sardis write:
“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

NOWHERE are the Bishops or other leaders of those churches mentioned.
YOU have erroneously stated that these letters were “addressed” to the leaders of those churches – and you are dead wrong.

If the Bishops of those churches aren't mentioned - why would there be ANY need for the Pope to be mentioned??
There wouldn't be any need - now get over it . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THIS is what is written in the Book of Revelation about the 7 churches of Asia:

“To the ange of the church in Ephesus write:
“To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:
“To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
“To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
“To the angel of the church in Sardis write:
“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

NOWHERE are the Bishops or other leaders of those churches mentioned.
YOU have erroneously stated that these letters were “addressed” to the leaders of those churches – and you are dead wrong.

If the Bishops of those churches aren't mentioned - why would there be ANY need for the Pope to be mentioned??
There wouldn't be any need - now get over it . . .

Exactly....again. Why would there be any need for the pope? Or Rome, for that matter. There isn't. That is what I have been saying.

I'm sensing another breakthrough.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly....again. Why would there be any need for the pope? Or Rome, for that matter. There isn't. That is what I have been saying.
I'm sensing another breakthrough.

Stranger
Actually - I'm sensing just the opposite with you - a complete cerebral breakdown.

If there is no mention of the Bishops of the Churches in Rev 1 & 2 - then there is no need for mention of the Pope.
He wasn't to blame for their shortcomings. It was the parishes themselves.

Anyway - you lied when you said that the leaders of those churches were addressed.
NO mention of the leaders in those letters, sparky . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - I'm sensing just the opposite with you - a complete cerebral breakdown.

If there is no mention of the Bishops of the Churches in Rev 1 & 2 - then there is no need for mention of the Pope.
He wasn't to blame for their shortcomings. It was the parishes themselves.

Anyway - you lied when you said that the leaders of those churches were addressed.
NO mention of the leaders in those letters, sparky . . .

Of course the Roman pope was not to blame. He had no authority over other churches. I agree. Another breakthrough.

(Rev. 2:1) "Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write..."

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the Roman pope was not to blame. He had no authority over other churches. I agree. Another breakthrough.

(Rev. 2:1) "Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write..."

Stranger
"The CHURCH of Ephesus . . .
Exactly. Neither the Bishop nor the Pope is mentioned because they're not the ones being scolded.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The CHURCH of Ephesus . . .
Exactly. Neither the Bishop nor the Pope is mentioned because they're not the ones being scolded.

Exactly, the church of Ephesus. The church at Ephesus was not just scolded, but was also commended. Of course neither the pope or Rome is mentioned because they have no authority in the matter.

It is between Christ and the local church. See, we are making headway.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, the church of Ephesus. The church at Ephesus was not just scolded, but was also commended. Of course neither the pope or Rome is mentioned because they have no authority in the matter.

It is between Christ and the local church. See, we are making headway.

Stranger
And MY parish received an award in June - and the Pope was never mentioned.
For that matter - neither was the Bishop - yet we submit to their Authority.

I can't possibly make you understand the Church because you're outside of it . . .