Why water into wine?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I thought this was about water into wine.... When do we get back to teh OP
It became another anti-Catholic thread HUNDREDS of posts ago.
YOU should know since you had a hand in it . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And MY parish received an award in June - and the Pope was never mentioned.
For that matter - neither was the Bishop - yet we submit to their Authority.

I can't possibly make you understand the Church because you're outside of it . . .

Ah, but did Jesus give the award? You see, in the 7 churches in Revelation, Jesus Christ was the One addressing them. No pope, no Roman church.
Submit to whoever you like. The local churches answer to Christ alone.

Indeed, I am outside the Roman church. But I am in the Catholic Church.

Stranger

Reactions: pastor marty

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It became another anti-Catholic thread HUNDREDS of posts ago.
YOU should know since you had a hand in it . .
Well what can I say BOL, you have being Anti Christ as long as I have known you. and still here you are "shouting" at everyone, this is what happens when Men have idols in there hearts, always defending them even to teh point like Saul, happily killing Gods children with no remorse. Sadly for any one to agree with you they will all have to lie. I do hope that @GodsGrace realizes that when she agreed to your little post about salvation, and it being through His church you where actually talking about the RC church, still deceiving the people, that the devils Job is it not?? People tell me that teh bible is teh word of God, teh word of God is life yet when you speak it, all you promote is death, so how can that be.??

I was hoping to stay out of this you cant argue with men who worship idols.

And please dont play your silly games of throwing things back at me, are you an adult or a child???

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but did Jesus give the award? You see, in the 7 churches in Revelation, Jesus Christ was the One addressing them. No pope, no Roman church.
Submit to whoever you like. The local churches answer to Christ alone.

Indeed, I am outside the Roman church. But I am in the Catholic Church.

Stranger
Since it wasn't necessary to name the Pope or any Bishop, it's easy to understand your complete confusion.
Suffice it to say - there was a Biblical hierarchy and all of your whining about it won't change that.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well what can I say BOL, you have being Anti Christ as long as I have known you. and still here you are "shouting" at everyone, this is what happens when Men have idols in there hearts, always defending them even to teh point like Saul, happily killing Gods children with no remorse. Sadly for any one to agree with you they will all have to lie. I do hope that @GodsGrace realizes that when she agreed to your little post about salvation, and it being through His church you where actually talking about the RC church, still deceiving the people, that the devils Job is it not?? People tell me that teh bible is teh word of God, teh word of God is life yet when you speak it, all you promote is death, so how can that be.??

I was hoping to stay out of this you cant argue with men who worship idols.

And please dont play your silly games of throwing things back at me, are you an adult or a child???
And with all of your nonsense about "idols" and your rejection of the Word of God - you haven't been able to point to ONE idol because you don't have a clue as to what that word means.

All you do is quote the Catholic Canon of the NT - while rejecting it in the very next breath.
You're hypocrisy is overwhelming . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since it wasn't necessary to name the Pope or any Bishop, it's easy to understand your complete confusion.
Suffice it to say - there was a Biblical hierarchy and all of your whining about it won't change that.

I have no confusion as I understand why it wasn't necessary to name a pope or bishop or a church at Rome. Because they had no authority.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And with all of your nonsense about "idols" and your rejection of the Word of God - you haven't been able to point to ONE idol because you don't have a clue as to what that word means.

All you do is quote the Catholic Canon of the NT - while rejecting it in the very next breath.
You're hypocrisy is overwhelming . . .

You have rejected everything and everyone, must be lonely up there in you little fortress.
Theres a song you should learn

Put another log on teh fire,

you seem to be lighting enough funeral pyres. Have a lovely day, and try not to be so angry, not good for ones heart

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have rejected everything and everyone, must be lonely up there in you little fortress.
Like Jesus said - only a few will enter through the narrow gate.
MOST will go through the broad gate (Matt. 7:13) . . .

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wine (Wikiped, def.) The fermented essense of any veg.base whose sugars have partialy turned 2 alcohol.(OT SOMEWHERE) drink wine/but don't get drunk/that is foolish (would they have said that abt grape-juice? Again in (provs ?) give strong drink 2 one who is dying//Face it kid Jesus made booze @ his mom's request///Also preached in bars&brothels. Sugar coated Christianity is 4 KIDZ !!Yer wearin long leather pants now/live w/it !!!

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing is for sure....the wine He created was not the alcoholic junky kind of stuff people drink these days.
Because when Jesus creates something it's something good.
Actually - this is false.

First of all - let's take Scripture at its word here:
John 2:10
“Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now.”

What makes you think that people "good" grape juice wouldn't know the difference when "bad" grape juice was later served - if they weren't intoxicated??

Secondly - we KNOW that Jesus drank alcoholic wine from verse like the following:
Matt. 11:19
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds."

WHY would He be accused of being a "drunkard" if He drank grape juice??

Finally - the plain scientific fact is that in the 1st century desert region of Israel - there was no refrigeration. This meant that grape juice would have to be consumed almost immediately for it not to ferment into alcoholic wine.

It's really silly to think that the wine Jesus made at Cana contained zero alcohol.