Why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that everyone, because we all sin, will have to be "refined" in order to enter heaven? That is what I believe.

I do believe all people need to be justified and sanctified during life and then past through a refining fire in order to enter Heaven. Those who remain unredeemed will not be able to stand being in the presence of a Holy God.

I think atheism is just a reaction to Fundamentalist Christianity. Both are part of Modernism, which was left behind last century. Without Fundamentalism, atheists would just be agnostics.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I am part agnostic. By the way, I do not believe in Satan

Believers in Jesus Christ don't have the luxury of picking and choosing what we believe in. God's word teaches us about Satan, the very real enemy of God. those who say they don't believe there is a Satan have been deceived by Satan into that very denial.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
Believers in Jesus Christ don't have the luxury of picking and choosing what we believe in. God's word teaches us about Satan, the very real enemy of God. those who say they don't believe there is a Satan have been deceived by Satan into that very denial.
Sorry. I believe in a metaphoric, or symbolic, Satan. And Christians can pick and choose what they believe in. Why do you think there are so many denominations?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is simply a bad example for me. He is the result of depravity and selfishness.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe he is symbolic for a bad example, or do you believe he is literaly a spirit whom God for some strange reason let him be able to tempt people?

I think he is a literal spirit. I think humanity would have sinned without him though. One of the biggest problems in the story of the Garden is that Adam and Eve blamed everyone but themselves for their selfish behavior.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sorry. I believe in a metaphoric, or symbolic, Satan. And Christians can pick and choose what they believe in. Why do you think there are so many denominations?

There are so many denominations because of UNBELIEF. Your sect denies Satan, and fails in the belief department. We do not have the right to cherry pick what we want to believe. We must believe the whole word of God, know God and allow Him to teach us the truth---not solely men.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are so many denominations because of UNBELIEF. Your sect denies Satan, and fails in the belief department. We do not have the right to cherry pick what we want to believe. We must believe the whole word of God, know God and allow Him to teach us the truth---not solely men.

Sorry, but this sounds hilarious from a Catholic point of view......

no offense, but isn't one person's cherry picking another person's Reformation?

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
Jesus is our Church authority, as head, and He has instructed us how to 'do church' in His word.
But he problem is that there are so many people who are convinced that Jeus told THEM the right thing and that other people who say the same but found a different result are wrong. That's why I see no reason to believe based on revelation.