Why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
God didn't create non-Christians. He created human beings whom He loves and who He desires to have a relationship with. Everyone is given opportunity to know Him.

Romans 1: 18-20 (NLT)
[sup]18[/sup] But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. [sup]19[/sup] They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. [sup]20[/sup] For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Because He loves them and desires that they would love Him, too. We have children and love them too, knowing that it is a possibility that they would one day spurn us. Do we not have children to avoid that painful possibility?

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
Because He loves them and desires that they would love Him, too. We have children and love them too, knowing that it is a possibility that they would one day spurn us. Do we not have children to avoid that painful possibility?
The problem is that, unlike parents, God KNOWS that a particular person will go against him and supposedly go to hell for all eternity. Why create them in the first place? Just create the Christians, who still have choice.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The problem is that, unlike parents, God KNOWS that a particular person will go against him and supposedly go to hell for all eternity. Why create them in the first place? Just create the Christians, who still have choice.

Why is that a problem? Do you know better than God? He chooses to give everyone an opportunity to choose Him. We have choice. It's His choice.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
I don't believe that a God who creates atheists only to send them to he'll for all eternity is real either. He just seems to be a little bit too mean.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell exists, but it is a place for people who refuse his justification and sanctification. Hell is God's mercy for unredeemed people so they do not have to live in agony before a Holy God for eternity.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
Hell exists, but it is a place for people who refuse his justification and sanctification. Hell is God's mercy for unredeemed people so they do not have to live in agony before a Holy God for eternity.
Do you believe that everyone, because we all sin, will have to be "refined" in order to enter heaven? That is what I believe.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Everyone, including you, has an opinion of who God is. Also, everyone says that they know because God told them the truth.

I don't need an opinion of who God is. I know God. Everyone is invited to come into an intimate relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus, our Saviour adn Lord. Until one does that, one is always forming opinions about Him and His nature. We are called to know God---not just know about Him.

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
That's false Deductive reasoning. It's an example of, 1. a car has four wheels and tires, 2. a truck has four wheels and tires; therefore, 3. a car is a truck, and a truck is a car.
God created all men.
Some men are atheists.
Thus, God created atheists.

I don't need an opinion of who God is. I know God.
See? I knew you'd say that. Everyone does, including people with contrary ideas to yours.