Why ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Why ?

The government says global warming will destroy us because burning fuels such as oil, gas and coal puts carbon dioxide into the air.

The climate has been changing in cycles for years. About the years 1000-1100AD the Vikings lived on “Greenland” because it was green with grass and trees. It has changed to a much colder climate.

The sun goes through cycles of changing magnetic fields and sun-spots. Author John Casey calls the time of greatly reduced sun-spot activity a “solar hibernation”. Men have been studying the sun and the climate and recorded information for years. John Casey and others have noticed a pattern of climate cooling when the sun-spots have decreased. They have also noticed that there has been increased volcanic activity and earthquakes when the magnetic field of the sun and the sun-spots have reduced or stopped. If these patterns continue, we have entered a strong cooling period and a time of increased volcanic activity and earthquakes. In the past these times were called little ice ages. Many people died from the cold and many people starved. We have over 7,000,000,000 people on earth now.

What shall happen.

Matthew 24:3-8
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
hi Erick,
the time sure does seem close when history will end for this earth,,

yet for many the end is today. it does not matter the age of the person
how wealthy or poor. when our appointed time of Gods grace is up its up..

There is a excitement a Christian has when they think the end of history is near .
I would think every Christian would be excited to meet Jesus in the air.

imagine the thrill Christians will have in glorified new bodies..no more blindness or other handicaps ..
Were all going to look just swell. even me a old toad.
every one will have flauless bodys excepting our Beloved Jesus. whose love will forever show in the wounds for us..

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
horsecamp said:
hi Erick,
the time sure does seem close when history will end for this earth,,

yet for many the end is today. it does not matter the age of the person
how wealthy or poor. when our appointed time of Gods grace is up its up..

There is a excitement a Christian has when they think the end of history is near .
I would think every Christian would be excited to meet Jesus in the air.

imagine the thrill Christians will have in glorified new bodies..no more blindness or other handicaps ..
Were all going to look just swell. even me a old toad.
every one will have flauless bodys excepting our Beloved Jesus. whose love will forever show in the wounds for us..
Horsecamp,

I can't wait for my new body too!

After my mom died, I went through all the old family pictures. I found a picture of my mom when she was young and beautiful. I though, mom that is how you look now. That is how I always picture her now.

Is horsecamp your real name?

My family had horses forever.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Most global warming people do not believe in a Big God .... rather , they imagine themselves as a bunch of little gods .... who of course will be the saviors of the planet

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there is a danger in believing that we are incapable of changing the planet. It seems ignorant to me to deny that pollution is not affecting the oceans and atmosphere - doesn't it make sense that plastics, pesticides, antibiotics and fossil fuels make an impact on our environment? People in the late 19th century ridiculed the idea of germs making us sick, but it was based in ignorance. I think denial is easily maintained when it is rooted in the opinions/predictions of people who are trying to get the attention of the masses, at the expense of careful scientific observation and extrapolation, but it is no reason to keep your head in the sand.

It is funny, fundamentalist Christians have the same criticisms for fundamentalist environmentalists that the world does when they critique the fire and brimstone message from Christian fundamentalists. FE are yelling greenhouse gas and rising oceans; CF are yelling fire and brimstone - two sides of the same coin.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
Gen.8:22 " While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

Im not worried over 'global warming'.

Quantrill

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
aspen said:
I think there is a danger in believing that we are incapable of changing the planet. It seems ignorant to me to deny that pollution is not affecting the oceans and atmosphere - doesn't it make sense that plastics, pesticides, antibiotics and fossil fuels make an impact on our environment? People in the late 19th century ridiculed the idea of germs making us sick, but it was based in ignorance. I think denial is easily maintained when it is rooted in the opinions/predictions of people who are trying to get the attention of the masses, at the expense of careful scientific observation and extrapolation, but it is no reason to keep your head in the sand.

It is funny, fundamentalist Christians have the same criticisms for fundamentalist environmentalists that the world does when they critique the fire and brimstone message from Christian fundamentalists. FE are yelling greenhouse gas and rising oceans; CF are yelling fire and brimstone - two sides of the same coin.
aspen,

We are to take care of the earth but not worship it.

Genesis 2:15
15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Romans 1:24-25
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe scientists worship the earth?

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Quantrill said:
Gen.8:22 " While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

Im not worried over 'global warming'.

Quantrill
Global cooling is a fearfull thing for the world. It wiped out the Vikings on Greenland by 1100AD.

If it gets as cold as it did in 1816 a billion people could starve.
aspen said:
Do you believe scientists worship the earth?
Only some of them are selling out to the government.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Because it seems more likely that governments are ignoring scientists and protecting big business.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
aspen said:
Really? Because it seems more likely that governments are ignoring scientists and protecting big business.
I run a small family stone quarry. I don't feel very protected. I am afraid I won't be able to afford health insurence for my employees after next year. I pay for the families too even when they are laid off in the winter.

Listen to cold sun by John Casey on you tube and you will understand why I am so concerned.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our government doesn't protect small businesses

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
Eric E Stahl said:
Global cooling is a fearfull thing for the world. It wiped out the Vikings on Greenland by 1100AD.

If it gets as cold as it did in 1816 a billion people could starve.

Only some of them are selling out to the government.
Global cooling or global warming. The Bible says the seasons will be there to the end. Thus sometimes it will be cooler. Sometimes it will be hotter. Still no drastic gloabal change.

If a giant metor hits the earth, many will die also. But, that is in God's hands and is His decision.

Quantrill

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Eric E Stahl said:
Horsecamp,

I can't wait for my new body too!

After my mom died, I went through all the old family pictures. I found a picture of my mom when she was young and beautiful. I though, mom that is how you look now. That is how I always picture her now.

Is horsecamp your real name?

My family had horses forever.
My dad went home to be with the lord several years ago. he is 106 now my moms still here she is 98.No horse camp not my name
My work required me to keep lots of horses and mules ..setting up spike camps and scouting and such your camp buddies most often are all 4 legged.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
I agree that people who are obsessed about global warming appear not to believe in the existence of a God who is omnipotent and sovereign.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
There does exist a study (something to do with Iron Mountain if I recall) that serves as one of those mysterious political documents that sometimes get leaked out by mistake. It addressed the question of once the Cold War (nuclear annilhiation) era was over, what could replace it in order to have an issue to control the masses with. Enviornmentalism was suggested, and not only that, but the suggestion to purposefully allow enough environment pollution to occur to make the threat believable among the population.

So no mystery that even scientists that helped develope the theory of global warming spoke out after politicians had ran with it and said they had no real proof of it, that is was just a theory (this from Forbes magazine, don't recall the issue in the '90's.)

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
veteran said:
There does exist a study (something to do with Iron Mountain if I recall) that serves as one of those mysterious political documents that sometimes get leaked out by mistake. It addressed the question of once the Cold War (nuclear annilhiation) era was over, what could replace it in order to have an issue to control the masses with. Enviornmentalism was suggested, and not only that, but the suggestion to purposefully allow enough environment pollution to occur to make the threat believable among the population.

So no mystery that even scientists that helped develope the theory of global warming spoke out after politicians had ran with it and said they had no real proof of it, that is was just a theory (this from Forbes magazine, don't recall the issue in the '90's.)
How are we to know that such an alleged "study" ever existed if you don't provide us with a way to read about it ourselves?
What if what you are talking about is an urban legend?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Dodo_David said:
How are we to know that such an alleged "study" ever existed if you don't provide us with a way to read about it ourselves?
What if what you are talking about is an urban legend?
The source reference I have is buried in a bunch of books right now. But a search on study at Iron Mountain ought to produce some results. For those those who want to disregard.