Will i go to hell if i hear Metal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 8, 2007
(Wakka;41124)
At least listen to Christian metal. Just give it sometime and God will change your tastes.
Sorry Brother, But I can't see myself listening to Something called "Christian" metal, when it sounds as if Marilyn Manson is singing the Song. This is my preference, but I love Old Time Christian Hymns and TRUE Gospel, that Southern Gospel, Blue Grass, and some Hebrew Music as Well. There's Contemporary, then there's extremely contemporary which is generally categorized as Light Rock or Rock. But I can't see myself listening to music that claims it's christian, when it sounds like a Monster Singing it. Sorry, God Bless you All in The Lord Yeshua's Name.But to the Question at Hand, no.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Thanks for making me laugh this morning, UC. I really feel the same as you do, but I am glad when someone will at least make a transfer of lyrics. I still feel an "evilness" when I listen to the heavy metal music. It kind of makes me feel nervous and almost aggitated. Lyrics are very important. Not only that, but consider this. I think we need to know what the people behind the music stand for. I am very disappointed when I read about some of these groups and they don't even mention God, Jesus, the cross, ministering,etc. I'm not saying every song has to have every one of these things in it, but when none of this is mentioned on the web site or ever talked about clearly-only love- then it gives mixed messages to youth. We need to take a clear stand for the Lord. Otherwise, we might as well be singing for the world. Who will know the difference? What good are we accomplishing for Christ? Who will be saved if we don't witness?

Aleks_Kravchuk

Mar 14, 2008
(DevotedChristian;41091)
Hey everyone. i am seeking for a answer to my question. I hear Metal Bands like Cradle of Filth,Helloween and some other black metal bands. but i will limit myself. like songs that are satanic from these metal bands i would refrain myself from hearing them. The main thing that i hear metal is to enjoy the music from different songs. i do not follow their lyrics and mainly hear them for their music. However, i feel that im making God angry and upset with me and i fear that God would not love me anymore and i would go to Hell. Im still a devoted christian and i pray everyday to God. I would confess my sins and i always tell him that i will never turn away from him and i will always love him. But i still have a sense of fear that God does not love me anymore. I always remind myself that God will always love me according to the Bible but i just do not feel at ease. I just feel something is wrong.Can anyone help me out? (i even prayed to God that he would let someone in the forum to give me the right answer to my question)Thanks for those who help and God bless all of you.
Jesus said. "follow me to Matthias" follow by example.Answer yourself a few questions. Honestly otherwise it will not work
smile.gif
.Would Jesus listen to the band you are listening to?Would Jesus approve that music and say "you can listen to it up here in heaven"?Does it please Him?And VOILA you got your answer
smile.gif
. as long as it is honest. You sure will know the right answer to basically anything.Follow the footsteps of Jesus.

Aleks_Kravchuk

Mar 14, 2008
Is there such thing as Christian Rock? Is there such thing as a Christian Devil? Think about it.God is light and He has nothing in common with darkness.

Keith

Mar 14, 2008
I will have to say that I can personally relate to this topic. I found out after being baptized into Christ that I couldn't handle metal anymore. It used to create a negative aura around me, and that is not the aura one should create for themselves. I then tried the everything in "moderation" way of thinking. It didn't work. You still end up swaying to one side or another.My best advice is....Stay away from it completely for a few months and listen to some Praise/Worship/Contemporary Christian music only. After that, you will not even want to be around a metal song again. I was a die hard Metallica fan, but I found that while listening to it, I was a meaner person. I wasn't very good to my my wife, and most importantly, I wasn't very good to God.God comes first, and if you feel like something is wrong; in 90% of cases, it is wrong. Get away from Metal and hard rock, and listen to music that glorifies God. You will feel better, and you will be serving the Lord better.Pray very hard when you have "Metal" urges, it helped me get through them.God Bless

Keith

Mar 14, 2008
I will have to say that I can personally relate to this topic. I found out after being baptized into Christ that I couldn't handle metal anymore. It used to create a negative aura around me, and that is not the aura one should create for themselves. I then tried the everything in "moderation" way of thinking. It didn't work. You still end up swaying to one side or another.My best advice is....Stay away from it completely for a few months and listen to some Praise/Worship/Contemporary Christian music only. After that, you will not even want to be around a metal song again. I was a die hard Metallica fan, but I found that while listening to it, I was a meaner person. I wasn't very good to my my wife, and most importantly, I wasn't very good to God.God comes first, and if you feel like something is wrong; in 90% of cases, it is wrong. Get away from Metal and hard rock, and listen to music that glorifies God. You will feel better, and you will be serving the Lord better.Pray very hard when you have "Metal" urges, it helped me get through them.I have a great deal of respect for you and this thread, as this is something that I had to deal with for years before I totally rid of the problem.God Bless

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
while I did have some of the same instances that Keith has, not all metal is "evil" or "bad, because to me, from what you just said, Keith, you're making it sound like all metal and rock is bad... and it's not.There are metal bands that do glorify God in everything that they sing... Demon Hunter is a very prominent Christian metal band that does exactly that, as well as Living Sacrifice and many other bands out there, and while God has turned my heart towards contemporary Christian music, I still have an urge for metal. The idea, DevotedChristian, is to weed out what glorifies God and what doesn't in your music collection. for a while, after I found Jesus again, I still had stuff in my cd case that blatantly defiled and cursed God (for example, Dimmu Borgir), but you know, once you get rid of that and replace it with something that glorifies God instead, you'll find that your preference for music will indeed change and your urge to listen to the bands that defy God will almost completely diminish...everything from God is like a blinding light to all darkness, even in music, and when you bring music that Glorifies God, that part of you that wants to listen to those bands almost completely diminish, because like it says in Job 12:22 "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings deep shadows into the light", and demons cannot stand to be in the light.Really, just get rid of those bands that you know that can corrupt your thoughts, and do pray about it. It may be tough at first, but I know you'll be much happier once you're free from those bands

Keith

Mar 14, 2008
I do have a problem with Christian Hard Rock & Christian Metal because everytime I tried that, it led me back to the normal Metal. Most likely because most Christian Hard Rock & Christian Metal bands aren't so "christian." That or, I can't understand what they are saying, so it isn't glorifying God to me.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
(Keith;42536)
Most likely because most Christian Hard Rock & Christian Metal bands aren't so "christian."
sorry, but that's actually incorrect... while they may look or sound "unchristian", the lyrics and meanings behind their songs does not make it "unchristian".two Examples:1.)Crimson Moonlightyes, they do talk about darker themes, but not out of despair and hopelessness... every word carries behind it hope and love from God, even if it's in a different language... take this piece from "Path pf Pain":
He continued:"I once walked this path of painBut I went much deeperThan you ever may doMy love for you knew no endAnd therefore I didI had to sacrifice my life that timeAnd I did itBecause of the never fading love I have for youBut, though your pain was terribleAnd I saw no end to your sufferingsI have walked the whole path with youYou have not taken one single stepWithout me seeing itAnd I have heard every one of your wordsI heard when you cried for helpWhen you asked the Father to see your painBehold the path now lying behind you"​
the lyrics alone are describing in the lyricist's eyes how much Christ loves him2.) Vaakevandringon there 1998 demo, there is an entire song that's in Norweigan, and and all it is is the Lord's Prayer as a song... I may not understand the language, but I know that they are praising God with every word... BTW, this band later became Antestor, and in their music still give glory to Christ in their native tongue.
That or, I can't understand what they are saying, so it isn't glorifying God to me.
Now, I can understand that you may not like the genre, and I respect that completely, but just because we can't understand it, doesn't mean it's not glorifying God. It doesn't always have to be slow and soft for it to glorify God... besides, I honestly don't think God cares how we praise Him. As long as we praise Him truthfully from our hearts, it could be a lullaby or a screaming throat... God will enjoy it either way.

Keith

Mar 14, 2008
Point well taken.I just feel if you can't understand what they are saying, it makes it very hard to glorify God with it. You are just jamming to the beat if you have no idea what they are talking about.

Keith

Mar 14, 2008
(Super Kal;42544)
you just gotta find what genre is right for you
smile.gif

I can respect that. Thanks for yappin' with me bro.God Bless

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
you're welcome... and I personally did go through and still go through a bit of what you have for it right now... some of it out there is even a bit too heavy in the screaming for me, but personally, I like some singing with screaming... that's why I like Fader Vaar so much

DevotedChristian

Mar 17, 2008
(Keith;42526)
I will have to say that I can personally relate to this topic. I found out after being baptized into Christ that I couldn't handle metal anymore. It used to create a negative aura around me, and that is not the aura one should create for themselves. I then tried the everything in "moderation" way of thinking. It didn't work. You still end up swaying to one side or another.My best advice is....Stay away from it completely for a few months and listen to some Praise/Worship/Contemporary Christian music only. After that, you will not even want to be around a metal song again. I was a die hard Metallica fan, but I found that while listening to it, I was a meaner person. I wasn't very good to my my wife, and most importantly, I wasn't very good to God.God comes first, and if you feel like something is wrong; in 90% of cases, it is wrong. Get away from Metal and hard rock, and listen to music that glorifies God. You will feel better, and you will be serving the Lord better.Pray very hard when you have "Metal" urges, it helped me get through them.I have a great deal of respect for you and this thread, as this is something that I had to deal with for years before I totally rid of the problem.God Bless
I will try staying away from metal for a few months. Will pray to God about it and i hope that God will change me and renew me. Thanks for the help Super Kal , Keith and the rest. God Bless!

Aleks_Kravchuk

Mar 14, 2008
So we can take metal music, put some Christian words in it.. and call it "christian"? I believe in seperation of good from evil. Not a mixture of water with oil, never cuts it.

zail

Feb 14, 2008
How is metal music "evil?" Any music can have evil lyrics. Doesn't that make all music like "oil" just the same? So maybe there shouldn't be any "Christian" music... Ya know, there can be evil books too. Let's get rid of the written Bible. Otherwise we're just letting God's Word be another book mixed in with all the books on witchcraft and such... While we're at it, there can be evil people. Let's just all die so we can be Christian. Who's with me? Water and oil don't mix.
wink.gif
wink.gif
Just teasing... I know what you mean Aleks, but I don't think the metal genre of music isn't "evil" in itself. Would you agree? If not, can you give me some insight? I don't understand. I don't listen to it. I actually kinda think it's hard to listen to for more than a few seconds. I just also don't know why it's considered evil just because some of the more popular worldly metal bands tend to oppose the Lord.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
as with everything folks, Hbr 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hbr 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. if the fruit or the branch is not productive to the Kingdom it will be burned in the fire.Too judge by the sound that heavy metal as being evil is silly. The intent of the heart in all things are judged. Let us praise and worship the Lord always in spirit and in truth in all our ways and in all things. AMEN

Keith

Mar 14, 2008
"Metal" itself is not evil. However, I went through the exact same thing as the original poster. When I tried listening to Christian Metal, all it did was make me want Secular Metal again. The only way I got rid of the problem was to get rid of all metal period.I don't believe Christian Metal is evil, or some secular metal for that matter. But, if it causes you to to act or think about ungodly subjects, then it isn't for a christian's ears.I do agree, "Metal" itself is NOT evil. I apologize if that is how my post looked. I was simply asking the original poster to try avoiding it for a few months to see if it solves his urge from listening to "Secular Metal" which in most cases today, does not glorify God.

zail

Feb 14, 2008
(Keith;42655)
I do agree, "Metal" itself is NOT evil. I apologize if that is how my post looked
If you're referencing my post... I know you didn't imply metal is evil. I was writing because our buddy Aleks did.
biggrin.gif

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
and if you are referencing my post, I spoke to no one in particular here. I have heard people say that heavy metal is evil, including Christian music that is heavy metal, in other forums...strikes me as silly though to hear someone say that. Too me it is like telling God that He cannot give different talents, tastes and preference of different things to people and that He must make us all alike...