Will Jesus be Immortal when He returns?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

Will Jesus be immortal when He returns and will He have the same body as when He left or will it be a new body? (He will be born again as a new human start and from age 1)
9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” Acts 1:9-11

Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.” Mark 14:62

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption 1 Corinthians 15:50

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. - 1 John 3:2
I think this means that this is when we will receive our immortal bodies. Somehow, seeing Him will make us like Him. This is the only understanding I've had of this passage, though I'm sure there are others.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somehow, seeing Him will make us like Him.

Colossians 3:10 KJV
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

2 Peter 1:19 KJV
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

Will Jesus be immortal when He returns and will He have the same body as when He left or will it be a new body? (He will be born again as a new human start and from age 1)

He will have the same body. He has already been glorified and is immortal, incorruptible, and all the other properties (like subtly and agility) that the Resurrected body has. He will never be born again like that. We will receive the same sort of body if we are saved in our Resurrection.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

Jesus rose with an immortal body of flesh and bone, with no blood.

Jesus walked through a wall, but proved He’s not a ghost by eating fish and letting the apostles touch Him.

Flesh and blood can’t inherit the kingdom, we will receive flesh and bone bodies at the resurrection.

Maranatha

Reactions: michaelvpardo