Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm stocked up on popcorn.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and oppressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.
I came across this while doing the research, and was left astounded to say the least, and then could not bring it up again on any search engine. Glad you posted it..

Reactions: covenantee

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The site where the Temple stood, is dominated by two structures which keep Jews from any chance to build or restore, which are the al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, near the center of the temple mount, which is seem as one of the holiest Islamic structure in the world.

The temple mount is the place where the past Jewish temples stood, which makes it among the holiest sites in Judaism to say nothing of how Christians look at it. The First Temple was built by Solomon, the son of David, in 957 BC, and was destroyed by the Babylonian Empire, in 587 BCE. The Second Temple was constructed under of Zerubbabel in 516 BCE, was renovated by King Herod, and this is the temple that was standing when Christ came. The second temple lasted until AD 70, when it was razed to the ground by Roman soldiers under Titus. Now today, we have many evangelicals and many orthodox Jews want to reestablish the temple and even the sacrificial system. Many Christians hold that the Jewish temple will be rebuilt before Christ comes, and have set up Christian ministries to assist in the building of the temple to hasten the return of Jesus. For many of them, they think such an event will signal the start of the final events of earth’s history, but they are confused on the subject of the temple. They claim certain text as proof such as 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4..
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

They misinterpret who the man of sin is, and think it is a future antichrist, when the apostate church has already revealed itself and persecuted the faithful and burned them at the stake and tried to wipe them out, which history shows us clearly is here in the Papacy.

Now, the Jews took heart when Donald Trump won the presidential election in 2016 in the United States because he had promised to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, and began to implement that and now is running again. And we have Orthodox Jewish "tradition" that claims it is here, in the city of Jerusalem that the third and final Temple will be built when they say the 'messiah comes'. But if Christ came and they did not recognized him, then what 'messiah' are they waiting for.
They are waiting for Jesus though they do not know it yet.

Israel will build a third temple, the antichrist will go into the holy of holies mid way through the trib and declare himself God. Doing what was prophesied in Daniel 9.

That temple will continue into the millenial kingdom and plays a big role for Israel in the millenial kingdom.

Reactions: David in NJ

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are waiting for Jesus though they do not know it yet.

Israel will build a third temple, the antichrist will go into the holy of holies mid way through the trib and declare himself God. Doing what was prophesied in Daniel 9.

That temple will continue into the millenial kingdom and plays a big role for Israel in the millenial kingdom.
Not prophesied in Daniel 9 or anywhere else except futurist fantasy and fallacy.

Awaiting a replay of the fireworks which Sozomen described accompanied the first rebuild attempt.

Should be quite a show.

I'm stocked up on popcorn. :D

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Isaiah 56:1-2 These are the words of the Lord; Maintain justice and do what is right, for My deliverance is close at hand and My victory will soon be revealed. Happy is the person who follows these precepts and holds fast to them, who keeps the Sabbaths unprofained and his hand from all wrongdoing.

Isaiah 56:3-5 The foreigner who has given his allegiance to the Lord must not say; The Lord will exclude me from His people. The eunuch must not say: I am naught but a barren tree. The eunuch’s who keep My Sabbaths and choose to do My will, holding fast to the covenant, will receive from Me something better than children – a memorial and a name within My Temple. I shall give them everlasting renown.

Isaiah 56:6-7 So too, with the foreigners who give their allegiance to Me, to minister to Me and love My name and become My servants. All who keep My Sabbaths holy and hold fast to My covenant; these I shall bring to My holy Mountain and give them joy in My House of prayer.
Their offerings and sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar, for My House will be called a House of prayer for all nations.

Isaiah 56:8 This is the word of the Lord, who gathers those driven out of Israel; I shall add to those who have already been gathered. John 10:16

This Bible passage, written by the prophet Isaiah, gives a wonderful promise to every person – regardless of race, colour or gender. The promise of the Lord, to give them; “Joy in My House of prayer

In verse 8, it shows that this will happen after all the faithful Christians, [the real Israelites of God] have gathered into the Land. Ezekiel 20:34-35, Jeremiah 30:10 They will be divided into 12 groups, into the 12 ‘tribes’ of Israel.
Also as in verse 7, the Temple will be built by them.

Isaiah 66:18-21...I am coming to gather peoples of every tongue. They will come to see My glory. I shall put a sign on them and will send them to preach the Gospel to all the peoples that have not heard of Me. The 144,000 Revelation 7:3-8 & 14:1-7

From every nation and by every means, My righteous people will come to My Holy mountain, Jerusalem, just as in ancient days, the Israelites brought their offerings to Me. Some of them, I shall take to be priests and Temple Levites. Revelation 5:9-10, 1 Peter 2:5

Some of these; are the 144,000; 12,000 from each tribe, everyone assigned to one of the 12 tribes, as mentioned in Revelation 7 & 14 This all must occur before the Return of Jesus. 2 Thess. 1:10…He reveals His glory among His own… Revelation 14:1

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a 3rd temple building project underway in Israel. At least there was. Unless 5000 rockets ended that.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In verse 8, it shows that this will happen after all the faithful Christians, [the real Israelites of God] have gathered into the Land. Ezekiel 20:34-35, Jeremiah 30:10 They will be divided into 12 groups, into the 12 ‘tribes’ of Israel.
Also as in verse 7, the Temple will be built by them.
The real Israelites of God are saved descendants of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob. That is what is taughtr in SCripture. The church is the church and Israel is Israel.

In the church there is no Jew nor Gentile but before and after the church age there is! I gave you all the sccriptures and grammar in a couple of threads.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real Israelites of God are saved descendants of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob.

False. The "real Israelites of God" are not limited only to ethnic Jews. But ALL Jews in Christ, first the Jews and the Gentiles. There is only one spiritual family of God - the congregation of Israel.
That is what is taughtr in SCripture.

Really? Do you accept THIS Word of God that says:

Eph 2:11-14
(11) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
(12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
(13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
(14) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Rom 9:6-8

(6) Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
(7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
(8) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal 3:16-17

(16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
(17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Heb 11:16-19
(16) But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
(17) By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
(18) Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
(19) Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Rom 2:28-29
(28) For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
(29) But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

EVERYONE, even the Jews, must be a Jew inwardly and circumcision of the heart with the Holy Spirit are the true Israelites. THey are spiritual Jews or Israelities! Not because they claim to be Jews according to their flesh or lineage.

The church is the church and Israel is Israel.|

Nope. The congregation of Israel (Woman) is made up of true Israelites, starting with the Old Testament congregation of Israel with the majority of Jews and the New Testament congregation of Israel with the majority of Gentiles. But in God's eyes, they all are one in Christ, the true spiritual Israelites. Not two groups of people. God did not have two different salvation plan for two groups of people.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The real Israelites of God are saved descendants of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob. That is what is taughtr in SCripture
Your 'separation theology' is wrong. There is only ONE people of God.
I am a descendant of Abraham, you are too and everyone alive today is too. It has been over 100 generations since Abraham, therefore genetic dispersion ensures that we all have some of Abrahams genes.

That this truth conflicts with your beliefs, it simply means your beliefs are wrong. Far from there being a general Jewish revival, they are Prophesied to be punished and only a remnant will survive.

Reactions: covenantee

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The real Israelites of God are saved descendants of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob. That is what is taughtr in SCripture. The church is the church and Israel is Israel.

In the church there is no Jew nor Gentile but before and after the church age there is! I gave you all the sccriptures and grammar in a couple of threads.
The historical True Christian Church for 17 centuries, from the Fathers to the Reformers, was united in recognizing and declaring the Israel of God (Galatians 6:15-16) as that True Christian Church, where "There is neither Jew nor Greek...for ye are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28).

Galatians 6
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Justin Martyr on "the true spiritual Israel" Jesus Christ ... is the new law, and the new covenant, and the expectation of those who out of every people wait for the good things of God. For the true spiritual Israel, and the descendants of Judah, Jacob, Isaac, and Abraham (who in uncircumcision was approved of and blessed by God on account of his faith, and called the father of many nations), are we who have been led to God through this crucified Christ.

John Calvin on Galatians 6:16
Upon the Israel of God. This is an indirect ridicule of the vain boasting of the false apostles, who vaunted of being the descendants of Abraham according to the flesh. There are two classes who bear this name, a pretended Israel, which appears to be so in the sight of men, and the Israel of God. Circumcision was a disguise before men, but regeneration is a truth before God. In a word, he gives the appellation of the Israel of God to those whom he formerly denominated the children of Abraham by faith (Galatians 3:29), and thus includes all believers, whether Jews or Gentiles, who were united into one church.

God is not a racist.
Notwithstanding dispensationalism's desperate incessant attempts, He cannot be contorted into one.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The temple that the Jews will build will be downsized initially in order to get the daily sacrifices going again as quickly as possible.

All of the end times events time frames in the bible fit within that 7 years following the Gog/Magog event.

Gog Magog 7months4 .jpg

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a descendant of Abraham, you are too and everyone alive today is too. It has been over 100 generations since Abraham, therefore genetic dispersion ensures that we all have some of Abrahams genes.

That this truth conflicts with your beliefs, it simply means your beliefs are wrong. Far from there being a general Jewish revival, they are Prophesied to be punished and only a remnant will survive.
Please provide a copy from the 1989 REB bible that you use of Ezekiel 39:23.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The temple that the Jews will build will be downsized initially in order to get the daily sacrifices going again as quickly as possible.

Not going to happen. You got the wrong temple. It is the New Testament Temple which is the church. Not the one on Temple Mount in Jersualem.

All of the end times events time frames in the bible fit within that 7 years following the Gog/Magog event.

There is no biblical truth on "7 years" period.

Chart based on wrong interpretations and speculations.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

View attachment 43729
Sadly, the fact you have to insert 10 days after the Temple is finished, blows this chart into the dustbin.
How can you think the cleaning up and disposal of G/M's weapons, etc will continue right up to the glorious Return? That means during the 3 1/2 year period when Satan has world control and the Great Trib takes place. Not really likely; is it?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, the fact you have to insert 10 days after the Temple is finished, blows this chart into the dustbin.
How can you think the cleaning up and disposal of G/M's weapons, etc will continue right up to the glorious Return? That means during the 3 1/2 year period when Satan has world control and the Great Trib takes place. Not really likely; is it?
The burning of the weapons will be instead of cutting down trees for heating and cooking. So it is talking about the diesel in the military vehicles.

While the Jews are in the mountains, having flee there when the abomination of desolation is setup, they will be burning the diesel from the disabled military vehicles of Gog's army littering the mountains.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The burning of the weapons will be instead of cutting down trees for heating and cooking. So it is talking about the diesel in the military vehicles.

While the Jews are in the mountains, having flee there when the abomination of desolation is setup, they will be burning the diesel from the disabled military vehicles of Gog's army littering the mountains.
Avoidance of questions means you have no answers.
Your understanding of what is Prophesied to happen in the end times, is clouded by false beliefs. How can you say the Jews will still be in Israel, when many prophesies tell us they will be gone; uprooted ae Jeremiah 12:14 says. Zephaniah 1:18 proves it.

Then many Prophesies say that the Lord will destroy all weapons of war on His Day of fiery wrath, Hosea 2:18, Isaiah 39:25, +
So the weapons Gog's army will use; is as described - ancient type. Probably be some vehicles, but only those without electronic systems.

I repeat: the 7 year cleanup of debris, will not and cannot extend into the final 42 month period of Satanic control.

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the antichrist is not a man just a description of one. I believe the antichrist will in near future Satan in de facto will show up, possibly UFO.

Why do I say Satan is not a man because the fallen angels did not go through the womb of women they just left their habitat on their own

Satan is a fallen angel leader Cherub. He will not go through the woman womb which means he is not here yet he will show up (all at once), and I predict it'll be very close to Pentecost.

So I am not looking for a man to rise out of Europe or Rome Satan/Antichrist will be supernatural and he will get everybody's attention christian and non-christian

Bible says nearly everybody except the elect

Plus, Jesus said he is the temple and if the antichrist shows up first he’s going to claim he is Jesus and he is the temple, so there is no need for a third temple

All sacrifices will be null and void but you will have to worship Satan if you want peace and prosperity

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Avoidance of questions means you have no answers.
Your understanding of what is Prophesied to happen in the end times, is clouded by false beliefs. How can you say the Jews will still be in Israel, when many prophesies tell us they will be gone; uprooted ae Jeremiah 12:14 says. Zephaniah 1:18 proves it.
I responded to the questions. You have yet to a provide a copy of Ezekiel 39:23 from the 1989 REB bible you
use.
Then many Prophesies say that the Lord will destroy all weapons of war on His Day of fiery wrath, Hosea 2:18, Isaiah 39:25, +
So the weapons Gog's army will use; is as described - ancient type. Probably be some vehicles, but only those without electronic systems.
If electronics are rendered useless, then how is the world going to know that the witnesses have been killed to celebrate over their deaths for 3 1/2 days ?

I repeat: the 7 year cleanup of debris, will not and cannot extend into the final 42 month period of Satanic control.
From the destruction of Gog's army to the Second Coming of Jesus in Ezekiel 39:21-29 is 7 years. The burning of the weapons of Gog's army will take place over the course of that 7 years.

9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the chart again. The timeline to the left does not touch day 1 vertical line. The reason for the 10 day differential (210 + 2300 = 2510, ten days short of 2520) is because the cleanup of dead bodies does not start instantaneously. In Ezekiel 39:11 the stench of the rotting bodies will be bad.

And there will also be a special clean up work force, Ezekiel 39:14, to cleanup any dead bodies that got missed during the 7 months time.

As the cleanup is taking place, the wild animals and birds will be feasting on the dead bodies, as well, Ezekiel 39:4.

Gog Magog 7months4 .jpg

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False. The "real Israelites of God" are not limited only to ethnic Jews. But ALL Jews in Christ, first the Jews and the Gentiles. There is only one spiritual family of God - the congregation of Israel.
Nope that is biblically and grammatically impossible to hold. Gentiles in Christ are Gentiles and Jews in Christ are Jews. We are all one in Christ but do not lose our ethnicity.

Paul made that crystal clear in Romans 11
Really? Do you accept THIS Word of God that says:
Yes I do 100% in the context they are written.

Ephesians just says we are now all one in Christ- not Israel!

Romans, Galatians and Hebrews say we are children of Abraham! Abraham was not Israel! In order to be a "Jew" one has to be a descendant of Abrahm, Isaac and Jacob!

As for the other Romans passage Paul is describing what a truw spiritual child of Israel is. If you keep it in its context- you know it is talking about Israelites and not Gentiles .
Nope. The congregation of Israel (Woman) is made up of true Israelites, starting with the Old Testament congregation of Israel with the majority of Jews and the New Testament congregation of Israel with the majority of Gentiles. But in God's eyes, they all are one in Christ, the true spiritual Israelites. Not two groups of people. God did not have two different salvation plan for two groups of people.
Sorry but the chruch was not born until Pentecost-50 days after Jesus rose from the dead!~ OT Israel is not the church and the church is not an Israeli congregation. that is reinterpreting passages.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we are Abrahams seed by faith! but that does not make us Israelites. To be an Israelite one must be a descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! You reinterpreting Scripture forgets that golden rule as spelled out in the bible.

Well we share some common genetics as Abraham and ourselves all trace back to Adam but no we are not direct descendants genetically of Abraham himself. That is a hypothesis that has been thouroughly debunked.