Will Trump seek asylum in Israel and Build the 3rd Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are trying to suggest in this post?
The Temple that JESUS said He would destroy and then raise UP 3 days later was His own physical body.

Hebrews 10:5
Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’ ”

Luke 24:26
Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My reading comprehension is shot the way my memory is shot, so I may not always be understanding what someone is getting at all the time. I'm not sure what you mean by this, other than that you are looking for a prophecy that directly and explicitly says there will be a third temple built after the death/resurrection of Christ and before His return.

Scripture tells us that the word of God is alive and active and in spirit.......it is not limited to a two-dimensional meaning like a history book......often, if not always, it can be speaking on more than one level at once and/or alluding to more than one thing.. I believe a prophecy of one event can also be alluding at the same time to more than one fulfillment. Subsequent fulfillment(s) can be following the same blueprint so to speak of the first event that was prophesied.

In 2 Thess 2 where it speaks of son of perdition in the temple of God....I believe this was fulfilled by 70 AD in the temple that then stood....but also that it may have another fulfillment....and also possibly even have meaning on another level concerning us individually or collectively, as we are God's temple.

God's word is highly spiritual and alive...not a dead two dimensional letter.......His voice is a voice of many waters....and in one Psalm it says "one thing God has spoken, two things have I heard".....and I believe it can be more than two as well, since His wisdom is manifold.....so we need to rely on the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth and show us things to come.....to open His word to us. For now we only know in part....and He may show different things to different people according to their part/gift. This is what I believe.

I hope you are not cessationist...if you are you would not even entertain the possibility that there might be some truth to all this. Cessationists are missing out on an awful lot.
@Lizbeth says: "Scripture tells us that the word of God is alive and active and in spirit.......it is not limited to a two-dimensional meaning like a history book......often, if not always, it can be speaking on more than one level at once and/or alluding to more than one thing.. I believe a prophecy of one event can also be alluding at the same time to more than one fulfillment. Subsequent fulfillment(s) can be following the same blueprint so to speak of the first event that was prophesied.

100% AGREE

• Love
Reactions: Lizbeth

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My reading comprehension is shot the way my memory is shot, so I may not always be understanding what someone is getting at all the time. I'm not sure what you mean by this, other than that you are looking for a prophecy that directly and explicitly says there will be a third temple built after the death/resurrection of Christ and before His return.

Scripture tells us that the word of God is alive and active and in spirit.......it is not limited to a two-dimensional meaning like a history book......often, if not always, it can be speaking on more than one level at once and/or alluding to more than one thing.. I believe a prophecy of one event can also be alluding at the same time to more than one fulfillment. Subsequent fulfillment(s) can be following the same blueprint so to speak of the first event that was prophesied.

In 2 Thess 2 where it speaks of son of perdition in the temple of God....I believe this was fulfilled by 70 AD in the temple that then stood....but also that it may have another fulfillment....and also possibly even have meaning on another level concerning us individually or collectively, as we are God's temple.

God's word is highly spiritual and alive...not a dead two dimensional letter.......His voice is a voice of many waters....and in one Psalm it says "one thing God has spoken, two things have I heard".....and I believe it can be more than two as well, since His wisdom is manifold.....so we need to rely on the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth and show us things to come.....to open His word to us. For now we only know in part....and He may show different things to different people according to their part/gift. This is what I believe.

I hope you are not cessationist...if you are you would not even entertain the possibility that there might be some truth to all this. Cessationists are missing out on an awful lot.
@Lizbeth says:

100% TRUE - except when we add our own words to God's or we take away/void God's words

Truth never changes and only the Holy Spirit, aka Spirit of Truth, KNOWS the TRUTH.

For us, God's sons, we must adhere to our Father's words with the GREATEST Fear and Awe.
Whereas pride always distorts the truth or denies it.

Every word of God is tested;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words
Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

• Love

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@Lizbeth says: "I hope you are not cessationist...if you are you would not even entertain the possibility that there might be some truth to all this. Cessationists are missing out on an awful lot."

TRUTH challenge = Show from Scripture alone (no other words) if 'cessasation of gifts' is true or false.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Lizbeth says:

100% TRUE - except when we add our own words to God's or we take away/void God's words

Truth never changes and only the Holy Spirit, aka Spirit of Truth, KNOWS the TRUTH.

For us, God's sons, we must adhere to our Father's words with the GREATEST Fear and Awe.
Whereas pride always distorts the truth or denies it.

Every word of God is tested;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words
Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Amen brother. Always trying to tread lightly and carefully. But on the other hand His sheep know His voice...we usually know in our heart, but since it is possible to be mistaken or hearing from another spirit, we need to test everything.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isa 45:13
I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

What is the KEY phrase here.
I'm not sure what you have in mind - is it the not for price/reward part? - I know of someone who fits that......and I think we need to consider whether the Cyrus prophecy, though it is partly a messianic prophecy as concerns Jesus, it may also be a blueprint for a false messiah........ultimately it is God who sends the strong delusion and is bringing this world to the final act of history. I don't want to say too much, but it's so important to not be idolizing anyone or putting our trust in man, at any time of course, but especially in these days.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you have in mind - is it the not for price/reward part? - I know of someone who fits that......and I think we need to consider whether the Cyrus prophecy, though it is partly a messianic prophecy as concerns Jesus, it may also be a blueprint for a false messiah........ultimately it is God who sends the strong delusion and is bringing this world to the final act of history. I don't want to say too much, but it's so important to not be idolizing anyone or putting our trust in man, at any time of course, but especially in these days.
CLUE #1 - In Isa 45:13 there is BRIGHT NEON sign FLASHING and saying 'LOOK at this'

CLUE #2 - do not overlook the obvious = look no deeper then the direct declaration

CLUE #3 - "not for price or reward" is connected to it

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK - i gave you 3 Clues in Post 767

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Temple that JESUS said He would destroy and then raise UP 3 days later was His own physical body.

Perhaps this passage will throw a different light on the subject matter of the Body that Christ was referring to in reference to the "temple of his Body": -

1 Corinthians 12:12-31: - Unity and Diversity in One Body

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body — whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free — and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps this passage will throw a different light on the subject matter of the Body that Christ was referring to in reference to the "temple of his Body": -

1 Corinthians 12:12-31: - Unity and Diversity in One Body

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body — whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free — and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

i am very familiar with these beautiful scriptures and others that detail for us that God's Temple consists of Living Saints.

To include with your Post i would add - Hebrews 3:1-6

Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus, 2who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house. 3For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house. 4For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God. 5And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward, 6but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

i do not see any reference to the Corporate Body of Christ being put to Death and then being Raised on the 3rd day as MESSIAH claimed of Himself in the Gospel.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive me @Lizbeth if you took offense
to my post with clues that seems as nonsense
God likes to play hide and seek
for those interested and who want to take a peek

Cyrus was a king that had lottsa bling bling
he knew that God had raised him up
to build another Temple
where the saints can sing and sing

which is why i had to say
LOOK for the neon sign
that says: this is His Way

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i do not see any reference to the Corporate Body of Christ being put to Death and then being Raised on the 3rd day as MESSIAH claimed of Himself in the Gospel.

It seems that your mind is closed to another understanding of the John 2:18-22 story.

That is okay.

Perhaps Jesus was talking about the resurrection of all people when He will come in the clouds with all of the heavenly Hosts at the end of the seventh Age/days of the Lord to judge all the people of the earth such that what will remain is Christ's body of Saints who also died with Him..

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that your mind is closed to another understanding of the John 2:18-22 story.

That is okay.

Perhaps Jesus was talking about the resurrection of all people when He will come in the clouds with all of the heavenly Hosts at the end of the seventh Age/days of the Lord to judge all the people of the earth such that what will remain is Christ's body of Saints who also died with Him..
@Jay Ross says: "Perhaps Jesus was talking about the resurrection of all people when He will come in the clouds with all of the heavenly Hosts at the end of the seventh Age/days of the Lord to judge all the people of the earth such that what will remain is Christ's body of Saints who also died with Him."

This which you say is TRUE and here is a OT Prophecy of that TRUTH

Your dead shall live;
Together with my dead body they shall arise.
Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust;
For your dew is like the dew of herbs,
And the earth shall cast out the dead.
Isaiah 26:19

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Lizbeth says: "I hope you are not cessationist...if you are you would not even entertain the possibility that there might be some truth to all this. Cessationists are missing out on an awful lot."

TRUTH challenge = Show from Scripture alone (no other words) if 'cessasation of gifts' is true or false.
I can't really get onto another topic right now.....not able to keep up as it is. You go ahead and post those scrips if you want.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That is okay.

I receive what you're saying, and I don't think David's mind is closed to this. But just that it doesn't nullify the interpretation that He was also speaking of the temple of His own physical body at the same time.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CLUE #1 - In Isa 45:13 there is BRIGHT NEON sign FLASHING and saying 'LOOK at this'

CLUE #2 - do not overlook the obvious = look no deeper then the direct declaration

CLUE #3 - "not for price or reward" is connected to it
Brother i can't get into your mind, and this is hard for an older lady, but it is overall talking about setting the captives free and they will build the city. More than one fulfillment in more than one way. In the first fulfillment, it was literal....the Jewish captives of Babylon being set free to go and rebuild the city of Jerusalem and temple. In another way it is also talking about the coming Messiah (Jesus) who would set captives free through the gospel and build the city that is above so to speak. And I believe it is applying also as a blueprint to events that are shaping up today, perhaps in more than one way. Would you agree...is this in the ballpark of what you are thinking of?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother i can't get into your mind, and this is hard for an older lady, but it is overall talking about setting the captives free and they will build the city. More than one fulfillment in more than one way. In the first fulfillment, it was literal....the Jewish captives of Babylon being set free to go and rebuild the city of Jerusalem and temple. In another way it is also talking about the coming Messiah (Jesus) who would set captives free through the gospel and build the city that is above so to speak. And I believe it is applying also as a blueprint to events that are shaping up today, perhaps in more than one way. Would you agree...is this in the ballpark of what you are thinking of?
I have raised him up in righteousness

God's will was for the 2nd temple to be built and God chose and exalted Cyrus for this Purpose in Righteousness.

The 3rd Temple is Christ and His Body = RAISED in RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Antichrist is not raised in Righteousness but is raised in Rebellion/Apostacy = Daniel & 2 Thess ch2

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have raised him up in righteousness

God's will was for the 2nd temple to be built and God chose and exalted Cyrus for this Purpose in Righteousness.

The 3rd Temple is Christ and His Body = RAISED in RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Antichrist is not raised in Righteousness but is raised in Rebellion/Apostacy = Daniel & 2 Thess ch2
Oh I see brother, that is certainly a good question and I wondered about that too. But it is a righteous thing for God to judge the world and chastise His church. He is the one sending the strong delusion and for just reasons. He will judge the world in righteousness and judgment begins with His house. So it seems possible that He is alluding to two different things at the same time here, and that He has chosen the vessel in both instances. God is the one who is sovereignly ruling and who is sovereignly dragging events to their final conclusion essentially, and in His timing. The mind of man plans his way, but it is God who directs his steps.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see brother, that is certainly a good question and I wondered about that too. But it is a righteous thing for God to judge the world and chastise His church. He is the one sending the strong delusion and for just reasons. He will judge the world in righteousness and judgment begins with His house. So it seems possible that He is alluding to two different things at the same time here, and that He has chosen the vessel in both instances. God is the one who is sovereignly ruling and who is sovereignly dragging events to their final conclusion essentially, and in His timing. The mind of man plans his way, but it is God who directs his steps.
God is Righteous as is all His ways.

The Antichrist is not righteous. He is the outcome of that which satan began in the Garden.

God did not raise the Antichrist in righteousness but HE does in Judgment.

Now, you may say "God's judgments are done in righteousness" - this is TRUE but which would you rather have?

A King of Righteousness? or a king that leads the world to receive God's WRATH?

Conclusion:
It was NEVER God's intent to raise up the Anticrist.
In fact, God has been holding him back since the Beginning = 2 Thess 2:3-6

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is Righteous as is all His ways.

The Antichrist is not righteous. He is the outcome of that which satan began in the Garden.

God did not raise the Antichrist in righteousness but HE does in Judgment.

Now, you may say "God's judgments are done in righteousness" - this is TRUE but which would you rather have?

A King of Righteousness? or a king that leads the world to receive God's WRATH?

Conclusion:
It was NEVER God's intent to raise up the Anticrist.
In fact, God has been holding him back since the Beginning = 2 Thess 2:3-6

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.
I don't know.....Jesus was raised up in God's righteousness for the revealing of His mercy. It doesn't seem out of line that He would raise up someone in His (God's) righteousness to reveal His righteous wrath. Anyway, not something I will argue over....could hardly believe it myself and I wouldn't blame anyone for being skeptical. Time will tell one way or the other.. Though things do seem to be shaping up so far. For now it's enough if people are keeping themselves from making an idol and placing their hope and trust in man. (But which unfortunately many aren't.)