Will Trump seek asylum in Israel and Build the 3rd Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know.....Jesus was raised up in God's righteousness for the revealing of His mercy. It doesn't seem out of line that He would raise up someone in His (God's) righteousness to reveal His righteous wrath. Anyway, not something I will argue over....could hardly believe it myself and I wouldn't blame anyone for being skeptical. Time will tell one way or the other.. Though things do seem to be shaping up so far. For now it's enough if people are keeping themselves from making an idol and placing their hope and trust in man. (But which unfortunately many aren't.)
The Lord just reminded me of something....Judas was chosen by Jesus, that scripture might be fulfilled....and he was also called a son of perdition.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord just reminded me of something....Judas was chosen by Jesus, that scripture might be fulfilled....and he was also called a son of perdition.
Correct - God is in control

What did the LORD say of Judas?

17In the evening He came with the twelve. 18Now as they sat and ate, Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, one of you who eats with Me will betray Me.”

19And they began to be sorrowful, and to say to Him one by one, “Is it I?” And another said,Is it I?”

20He answered and said to them, “It is one of the twelve, who dips with Me in the dish. 21The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed!
It would have been good for that man if he had never been born.

There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between being chosen for Righteousness as opposed to being chosen for Damnation.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct - God is in control

What did the LORD say of Judas?

17In the evening He came with the twelve. 18Now as they sat and ate, Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, one of you who eats with Me will betray Me.”

19And they began to be sorrowful, and to say to Him one by one, “Is it I?” And another said,Is it I?”

20He answered and said to them, “It is one of the twelve, who dips with Me in the dish. 21The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed!
It would have been good for that man if he had never been born.

There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between being chosen for Righteousness as opposed to being chosen for Damnation.
Chosen as a vessel, for God's purposes, to either bless or to judge/chastise so to speak. I believe the "in righteousness" part is referring to God....it's consistent with how it is used elsewhere, eg, "I will judge the world in righteousness." And in this case in Is. 45 where God is raising up someone in righteousness...it means He, the Lord, is doing this in His righteousness.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean is that there are other things that God calls abomination. And I suspect the following is what most likely applies to the abomination of desolation:
Of course there are other 'abominations' written of in God's Word. But when someone is speaking to you about worshiping an idol made of wood, metal, or stone, you obviously would not be thinking of God's law against stealing.

Thus allegory in Bible Scripture is only when it is written, and not with direct statements like the "abomination of desolation" idol standing in the holy place, like Jesus said. And to make sure we understand a literal idol in false worship is involved, we were given the ensample of Antiochus Epiphanes of history.

In 165-170 B.C., Antiochus took Jerusalem with an army, ended the Jew's daily sacrifices, and went inside the 2nd temple and sacrificed swine upon the altar and spread its broth inside the temple, thus spiritually desolating the temple. But Antiochus went one further to spiritually desolate the 2nd temple, he set up an altar with an IDOL abomination in Zeus worship, and like Nebuchadnezzar, demanded that all bow in worship to it, or be killed.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course there are other 'abominations' written of in God's Word. But when someone is speaking to you about worshiping an idol made of wood, metal, or stone, you obviously would not be thinking of God's law against stealing.

Thus allegory in Bible Scripture is only when it is written, and not with direct statements like the "abomination of desolation" idol standing in the holy place, like Jesus said. And to make sure we understand a literal idol in false worship is involved, we were given the ensample of Antiochus Epiphanes of history.

In 165-170 B.C., Antiochus took Jerusalem with an army, ended the Jew's daily sacrifices, and went inside the 2nd temple and sacrificed swine upon the altar and spread its broth inside the temple, thus spiritually desolating the temple. But Antiochus went one further to spiritually desolate the 2nd temple, he set up an altar with an IDOL abomination in Zeus worship, and like Nebuchadnezzar, demanded that all bow in worship to it, or be killed.
An idol could be anything though.....today we have idols in the west that are not statues. I just pointed that passage out as a possibility to make a case that maybe we shouldn't be too confined in how we are thinking of the AOD, trying it on for size. And I have a reason for considering it, but maybe I spoke out of turn.

One wrong thing leads to another though. Making those sacrifices against the will of God could stoke the flames of something that it is leading to. Sin begets more sin and if it isn't repented of in due time it also brings the judgment/consequences/bondage of deception or delusion.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An idol could be anything though.....
When direct statements about a 'literal' idol is written in God's Word, like the Daniel 11:31 example which Jesus quoted in Matthew 24:15 for the END, AND... per the example of history about that of what Antiochus IV did back in 165 B.C. with setting up an IDOL in the temple at Jerusalem, there is no reason to allegorize that into some other meaning. Either one accepts the Scripture or written, or they default to doctrines of men and Satan's temptations.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When direct statements about a 'literal' idol is written in God's Word, like the Daniel 11:31 example which Jesus quoted in Matthew 24:15 for the END, AND... per the example of history about that of what Antiochus IV did back in 165 B.C. with setting up an IDOL in the temple at Jerusalem, there is no reason to allegorize that into some other meaning. Either one accepts the Scripture or written, or they default to doctrines of men and Satan's temptations.
This is all for the sake of discussion as far as I'm concerned. We're all speculating until/unless the Lord reveals what the AOD is to anyone.

I would think that the son of perdition sitting in the temple showing himself that he is God (2 Thes 2) could be a contender. I mean that is the definition of an idol isn't it. Anyone or anything taking the place of God and being worshiped as god by the people. The image to the beast could be that too, since it is worshipped (Rev 13).

The author took the trouble to write "let the reader understand" in Matt 18, so I have wondered if that could be a clue that it isn't as obvious as we might think, in every fulfillment at least.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all for the sake of discussion as far as I'm concerned. We're all speculating until/unless the Lord reveals what the AOD is to anyone.
If you believe Christ Jesus was only speculating when He quoted from the Book of Daniel about the placing of the abomination IDOL inside the temple in Jerusalem, then you might as well prepare to start bowing to the coming false-Messiah now, because it shows you've already succumbed to false doctrines from men.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you believe Christ Jesus was only speculating when He quoted from the Book of Daniel about the placing of the abomination IDOL inside the temple in Jerusalem, then you might as well prepare to start bowing to the coming false-Messiah now, because it shows you've already succumbed to false doctrines from men.
Oh I'm not saying God's word is speculation, of course not -never said it was....you are twisting my words.

I'm not making assumptions about the AOD because I've learned over the years that things are often not what/how we think. And we are instructed concerning the word of God to compare spiritual with spiritual, so there's that.

If you assume you know all you need to know about the AOD, then all the best to you. What it was in 70AD is a matter of historical record because that has passed. What it will be in our time.....well, I'm just not willing to stake my eternal future on assumptions, so my soul waits for the Lord.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I'm not saying God's word is speculation, of course not -never said it was....you are twisting my words.
Did you not say, "we are all speculating" to me in your previous post? I have been showing you the Scriptures and what you said insinuates that I was just speculating. That is how I understood you, which is actually what your demeanor was even in a couple of your previous posts. Christ Jesus was very serious, and was definitely not speculating...

Matt 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
KJV

You might try looking up that phrase "holy place" in the Greek. It is two Greek words that point to a 'location' that is sacred, holy. You might want to read the Book of Daniel references to it also, because it involves the idea of the holy place inside the sanctuary in Jerusalem.

Matt 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
KJV

Mark 13:14
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
KJV

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you not say, "we are all speculating" to me in your previous post? I have been showing you the Scriptures and what you said insinuates that I was just speculating. That is how I understood you, which is actually what your demeanor was even in a couple of your previous posts. Christ Jesus was very serious, and was definitely not speculating...

Matt 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
KJV

You might try looking up that phrase "holy place" in the Greek. It is two Greek words that point to a 'location' that is sacred, holy. You might want to read the Book of Daniel references to it also, because it involves the idea of the holy place inside the sanctuary in Jerusalem.

Matt 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
KJV

Mark 13:14
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
KJV
Yes, I know what those words say brother, same as you.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is provacative----

An Israeli soldier drew a picture on the wall of a demolished mosque in Gaza, depicting the Third Temple that Israelis plan to build by 2025 on the ruins of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Jerusalem.​

Video--